Start by marking “Two Who Survived: Keeping Hope Alive While Surviving the Holocaust” as Want to Read:
Two Who Survived: Keeping Hope Alive While Surviving the Holocaust

Two Who Survived: Keeping Hope Alive While Surviving the Holocaust

Two Who Survived chronicles the true story of two children from different worlds: a city boy and a country girl. When the persecution of Jews begins, both are plucked from their reality and thrust into concentration camps. They are stripped of everything they know and forced to navigate a truly incomprehensible, volatile, dangerous and unpredictable world. Even when separa ...more
Published August 27th 2019 by MRS Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Two Who Survived, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Two Who Survived

Start your review of Two Who Survived: Keeping Hope Alive While Surviving the Holocaust
Michele The Bookish Tea Room
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is truly an amazing story of two children who survived the holocaust. Yes, children. Rose and Max were only young teenagers when they were sent to the camps! These stories are always horrifying, but the optimism and hope that these two had is what makes their story so hopeful and beautiful. I met Rose at a book signing and she was such a joyful lady! Her inscription in my book: “Never give up hope.” I am so thankful she and her husband Max shared their story in this book.
Richelle
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I had the honor of hearing Rose speak a couple of weeks ago. What a courageous person, with an amazing story of survival and hope after enduring the absolute worst of humanity.
Victoria Patton
Jul 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An incredible story about survival.
Prell Gwinn
Apr 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully written and memorable!

I learned about this book from a Jocko podcast, where Rose Schindler was interviewed by Jocko and provided an emotional recount of raw, tragic, and moving events chronicled in this book. After, I couldn’t wait to read it. I love how the book begins being written from a child’s perspective and progresses as Rose and Max progress in age. This book gave a glimpse into the harsh and painful recollections of two strong individuals while giving light to those who help
Pat Hartley
Apr 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Reading the first 10 pages or so, it could have been my Mom writing. Mom grew up in the 30's on a rural farm in No Missouri, no indoor plumbing till the 60's. So similar, Until the war! I was crying though part of the book about the conditions for a 14 year old girl in the camp. I was excited when they were rescued by the Russians. Well done, followed what her family wanted, tell the world what has been happening to us.

Such a painful young life, how could the world ignore what was happening in
Evaly
Mar 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My kids were able to hear Rose speak at their school and I’m so glad I could also read the Schindler‘s story. It is an amazing book and I loved how each chapter switched back-and-forth telling their stories until they met. It is truly a miracle that they survived and such an inspiration! I also loved that this book was appropriate for middle school and up. It is so good for kids to understand what happened but it is not too graphic.
Linda
May 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Interesting and important to never forget the atrocity of the Holocaust! I met this woman at a talk on the subject and admired her strength to go on after this horror and to teach other about it first hand.
Very good life study from two people that went through hell and decided to move forward in a positive way and were blessed with constructive lives and a beautiful family. Written for young people, so a quick read.
Carrie
Apr 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
We met Rose Schindler at a community event.
Her scrappy, fun personality makes her story even more effective.
Loved her and her book was a delight.
Peter Warzycha
Aug 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Just an amazing book... I highly recommend this book to anyone that wants to learn more about the Holocaust. Rose and Max are 2 amazing people
Ray
Mar 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Quick but amazing read. There were times I had to stop just to take some time to try take a break from learning about the extremely harsh conditions Rose and Max talk about. It is absolutely amazing to see how much resilience they had. I love the book and reccomend it for all to read. The Jocko Podcast highlights and goes through this book with Rose and I strongly reccomend you hear that episode as well.
Nathan Barber
Mar 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I casually heard about Rose and Max from the Jocko podcast. World War II was always captivating and the Holocaust was heartbreaking. Jocko would read excerpts from the book and I would listen intently. When Rose would speak, I would listen. This book is incredibly well written. The format is interesting as well. Rose and Max wrote as children all the way up to adulthood. You learn about the triumph of the human spirit in the face of unspeakable evil. This book is a sobering view of the evil of m ...more
Peg Lieb
Oct 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Autobiography of two Jews who survived the camps. Poignant

As the title states, this is an autobiography of two holocaust survivors. It is interesting how the beginning of the book is written as young children would write. As the ages of Max and Rose progress, the writing style too progresses. The entire book is written in the present tense so the reader is living every moment alongside Rose and Max. This somehow brought me closer to the story than had it been written in the past tense.

The live
Carole East
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have long been interested in learning more of the events of WWII. Specifically, the events in Europe and what we need to learn and remember today. This book embodies family, love, loss, tragedy, and tells the horrors of the political climate in Europe during that time. Recommended reading for all!
John D. Mahoney
Feb 10, 2020
Katie Perez
Apr 23, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Wish You Were Here (Mrs. Murphy, #1)
  • Over the Top: A Raw Journey to Self-Love
  • Let's Explore Diabetes with Owls
  • The Memory Endures
  • The Best American Nonrequired Reading 2019
  • Outlaw Platoon: Heroes, Renegades, Infidels, and the Brotherhood of War in Afghanistan
  • The Girl in the Cellar: Surviving the Holocaust in Nazi-Occupied Poland
  • The Rabbit Girls
  • The Lost Colony (The Long Winter, #3)
  • Early Riser