Start by marking “Kingdom of the Wicked (Kingdom of the Wicked, #1)” as Want to Read:
Kingdom of the Wicked (Kingdom of the Wicked, #1)

Kingdom of the Wicked

(Kingdom of the Wicked #1)

From the #1 New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of the Stalking Jack the Ripper series comes a new blockbuster series…

Two sisters.

One brutal murder.

A quest for vengeance that will unleash Hell itself…

And an intoxicating romance.

Emilia and her twin sister Vittoria are streghe – witches who live secretly among humans, avoiding notice and persecution. One night,
Expected publication: October 27th 2020 by JIMMY Patterson

Win a Copy of This Book

• Kingdom of the Wicked by Kerri Maniscalco
    Kingdom of the Wicked (Kingdom of the Wicked, #1)

Release date: Oct 27, 2020
    Enter for a chance to win one of 10 hardcover copies of Kingdom of the Wicked by #1 New York Times Bestselling author Kerri Maniscalco!

Emilia and her

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 10 copies available, 7389 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Oct 08 - Oct 26, 2020

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about Kingdom of the Wicked, please sign up.
    Tia Chaurasiya I don't think that there's a lot of sexual content. I'm pretty sure there's kissing, but no further than that

Start your review of Kingdom of the Wicked (Kingdom of the Wicked, #1)
    Kerri
    Aug 28, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
    ***AUGUST 18th UPDATE***

my publisher has a very fun announcement regarding a book trailer! details can be found here: https://www.instagram.com/p/CECn6JRAB...

UPDATE: the working dedication is now a novel itself :)

"For my grandmother Victoria Maria Nucci Maniscalco
    and my aunt Carol Nucci Belasco.

And for my great grandma Josephine—who immigrated from Sciacca, Sicily to America with my grandpa—and whose restaurant inspired much of this story.

This may be a fantasy,
    but the love of family found wit
    jessica
    Aug 27, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    oh, you guys arent even ready for how much you are gonna love this. prepare yourself for a halloween season full of witchy black magic, a brooding prince of hell, and a spooky murder mystery.

i really love seeing KMs creativity shine through in this story. with her SJTR series, theres only so much originality that can seen because its based on historical events. but with this unique magic system and the different classes of witches and demons, i think it shows a much more interesting side of KMs
    Melanie
    ARC provided by the publisher

"In the end, the monster we feared didn’t come from Hell. He came from privilege."

Oh, this review is going to be a wild ride. The range of things I feel for this book is very unreal. Listen, the atmosphere of this? The settings? The premise? I couldn’t get enough. Dare I even say close to perfect? And the plot had me so very invested in every single way. But this actual story and the plot conveniences, the characters and their lack of critical thinking, t
    Tucker  (TuckerTheReader)
    Aug 28, 2019 marked it as not-released-tbr
    Recommended to Tucker by: JIMMY Patterson
    A COVER!!! SNAKES!!!!! SKULLSSS!!!!!!! THIS SH*T IS CREEPY AND I AM HERE FOR IT

*****************

confession time: i didn't read the synopsis in my excitement but i just read it and holy sh*t

A DEMON PRINCE! MAGIC! WITCHES!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I AM TOO EXCITED TO SPEAK WORDS RIGHTLY

| Goodreads | Blog | Pinterest | LinkedIn | YouTube | Instagram
    Nilufer Ozmekik
    Sep 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    I’m in pain! I’m dying to learn what’s gonna happen next! Arggggggggkkkk! Yes, if you google “drunk and angry damsel in distress”, you may see my bloody face right now! I just finished this fascinating, heart throbbing, riveting , addictive story and after reading the last words as like an addict I wanted to get more literature intake. I’m honestly craving for the next book now!

The things I fell hard for:

A witch and a demon’s sizzling, pant melting chemistry : they’re like gasoline and fire!
    Nomadic Reader (Baba Yaga)
    Jan 14, 2020 marked it as not-today
    So I've read the first chapter of this book, and now I have...questions.
    Here are the first ones that came into my mind:

1. If this book is set in late 1800s Sicily, why is one of the main characters named Victoria (nickname Vicki)? Why is a working class Italian girl named after a British queen?
    Edit July 2020: it looks like the author ended up changing the MC's name. If that is the case, I'm glad she listened to readers' concerns and took steps to fix at least some of the historical inaccuracies
    Chelsea Humphrey
    CoVeR ReVeAl!

It has a snake on it, so obviously I am pleased.

******************

Oh ok, so I wasn't aware that today we were being blessed with the news of this upcoming series, but here we are.

description
    Helena of Eretz ✰
    I received this complimentary ARC from the publisher, courtesy of NetGalley, in exchange for an honest review.
    megs_bookrack
    I'm so excited to be starting this. Book Snake and I are good friends. This is going to be great!

Thank you so much to Jimmy Paterson Presents for the ARC. You have made me a very happy girl!!!

Original:

Oh, damn.

Book Snake is back and she's angry!!

She-who-must-not-be-named
    7 days more!
    Candace Robinson
    Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    I'm a huge Maniscalco fan! Love her writing and the stories she spins! I was super excited to see what type of new book she would bring to the table after I finished the Stalking Jack the Ripper series! And she did not disappoint!

This was a page-turning world that had me glued to the story at page 1! I loved the twin bone between Emilia and Vittoria! And also the food and the family! Emilia was a strong character and when she met Wrath, I just knew things were going to get awesomer!

Wrath was the
    destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
    Don't get me wrong, I am still not ready to say goodbye to Audrey and Thomas, but... this is v v v v v exciting nonetheless 💕💕😍😍😍

Thank you so much to the publisher for providing me with this review copy in exchange for an honest review!
    Mika Auguste
    Now if there’s one thing miss Kerri Maniscalco is always gonna do...it’s write a good romance. I truly ate this entire book up, so if you’re looking for an atmospheric read filled with witches, hot demon princes, and other paranormal creatures in order to get you into the fall/spooky mood...read this book ASAP.

The first few chapters did take me a while to get into, but as soon as I finally got a hang of the writing and the world, I literally flew through this. I definitely think the story could’
    Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
    I just started to read the "Stalking Jack the Ripper" series but this is right up my alley!

I mean how am I supposed to say "no" to a witch that seeks vengeance for her sisters death and begins to walk down the dark path of black magic?!
    Also a wicked prince of hell who'll certainly maybe end up being her love interest?

Say no more!
    I'm already sold! ;-)

P.S: That cover!! It screams dangerous and buy me! *lol* Which is kind of a weird combination but we all know I love things like that. XD
    Maria ☾ ⋆
    Mar 03, 2020 marked it as to-read
    I'M SO SO EXCITED FOR THIS BOOK!! 😍
    Ellie (faerieontheshelf)
    you're telling me it ended there LOL you're funny, ms. maniscalco 🔪 goddamnit

rtc!

witches and demon princes, kerri maniscalco has learnt my heart's desire and graciously offered it to me 😭

thank you to the publishers for kindly gifting me an arc in exchange for an honest review! <3
    Emma☀️
    To quote Lizzie McGuire: ✨This is what dreams are made of✨

Thank you to Hodder & Stoughton and Netgalley for providing an ARC in exchange for an honest review. I'm so so happy!!!
    Nenia ✨️ Socially Awkward Trash Panda ✨️ Campbell
    " a dark, intoxicating tale of a beautiful young witch, a troubled demon, and their epic romance, set against a lush 19th century Italian backdrop."

TAKE MY MOTHERFUCKING MONEY
    Kimberly (Deity of Books)
    This is a book filled with twists and turns, secrets, deaths, demons, and witches. If this doesn't make you add this to your tbr list, I don’t know how to convince you otherwise.

Set in Sicily, Italy, we meet our protagonist, Emilia di Carlo, who is a witch that secretly lives among humans. She has a twin, Vittoria, who is also a witch. Emilia is the introverted one while Vittoria is the more adventurous one and isn’t too careful about keeping their identities hidden. One day, Emilia stumbles upo
    Maëlys
    Aug 16, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: 2020-releases, arc
    ☆ 2.5 / 5 ☆

“There are victors and victims. Decide who you want to be. Or the choice will be made for you, witch. And I doubt you’ll like it.”

In all honesty this book doesn’t have much going for it but it was still a lot of fun to get through. Was it riddled with inconsistencies and plot convenience? Most definitely, but it was also a true page-turner and very easily consumable.

I also enjoyed the author’s first book in the Stalking Jack the Ripper series and I think it’s because Kerri Manisc
    Tabi⁷ (ᕗツ)ᕗ
    Aug 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: edelweiss
    'The devil was on the prowl. Or one of his wicked brothers was.'

description

Accurate rating: 3.5 stars + a warning to not drink every time the word 'wicked' is in here otherwise you WILL be hospitalized.

I have a love/tolerate record with this author. On the one hand, I've always been inescapably swept up into the writing, the vibe, the sheer aesthetic presented in her books and this newest proved no exception to that! But on the other hand there are a LOT of little, niggling things that always drive the
    Kirsty Hendry
    Oct 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Thank you Netgalley for providing me with an eArc of this book in exchange for an honest review.
    Emilia and Vittoria are twins and best friends. They are also Strega - witches. Forced into hiding due to the fear of persecution, the Strega operate under cover, hidden from the rest of the world. When one night Vittoria does not turn up for her shift in the family restaurant, fear for her safety starts to grow. Emilia soon discovers her sisters body, which has be horrifically brutalised. Emilia will
    Mara YA Mood Reader
    10/1/2020: It’s October and I’m stalking arc reviews because I NEED this book NOW!!

3/29/2020
    I just want Mephistopheles to be this demon king!! Can’t waaaaaaaait for October my favorite month of the year!!
    ☆ sana ☆
    Aug 02, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    4.5 stars. Kerri Maniscalco writes and I read. Everyone who knows me, knows that I’m a huge fan of Kerri’s debut series Stalking Jack the Ripper and that Cressworth are one of my all time favorite fictional couples, and so is the case with Kingdom of the Wicked. I have been looking forward to reading this book ever since she started talking about it on Twitter and I’m so happy to say that it did not disappoint at all. A murder mystery? Enemies to lovers? I was sold.

This book is set in 19th cent
    Cassie
    Aug 28, 2019 marked it as most-anticipated
    Witches and a demon king?

sign me the FUCK up!

Update 1/13/20
    THIS. COVER.
    BEAUTIFUL STUNNING GORGEOUS AND ALL THE WONDERFUL LOVELY, LOVELY WORDS THERE ARE TO DESCRIBE SUCH AMAZING THINGS

just..... *chefs kiss x10*
    Ari
    Oct 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Joleen (starlightbooktales)
    4.5 but bumped it up to 5 RTC
    Noura Khalid (theperksofbeingnoura)
    This was the first book I read by Kerri Maniscalco. I've heard amazing things about her books and I was really excited about this one. This was one of my highly anticipated of the year and it did not disappoint.

The writing was so easy to get into. I was really interested from the start. I wanted something intriguing and a little dark and this was perfect. I felt like the story started immediately. I was hooked from the very beginning. I was also really eager to see how this story would unfold an
    AJ
    Aug 19, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: favorites
    Thank you Netgalley for allowing me to read an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review!

”It is a hell in its own way. Giving someone ultimate pleasure, only to rip it from them before they fully grasp it."

Witches, demon princes, murders, oh my! Kerri Maniscalco is the Queen of mysteries and I can’t get enough!

I loved that this book took place in Italy. Sicilian witches, witch hunters, secret shapeshifters, the world building was truly amazing.

We learn about and meet a few demon pri
    Abbie | ardentlyabbie
    Aug 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
    Kerri Maniscalco is back with murder & mayhem in this witchy thrill of story ✨

Devastated after the loss of her twin sister, young Emilia (one of the streghe witches) is set upon a dark path of vengeance laced with murder, forbidden magic, and buried secrets. It’s on this journey of retribution, where she meets one of the Wicked: Wrath. A self-righteous, broody prince of hell. The demon claims to be on Emilia’s side, but can she really trust him? After all, when it comes to the Wicked, nothing is

• These Violent Delights (These Violent Delights, #1)
    • The Cup and The Prince (Kingdom of Curses and Shadows #1)
    • A Golden Fury
    • Among the Beasts & Briars
    • Namesake (Fable, #2)
    • The Midnight Bargain
    • Cast in Firelight (Wickery, #1)
    • Fable (Fable, #1)
    • The Hunter and the Mage (The Raven and the Dove #2)
    • The Once and Future Witches
    • Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
    • The Ravens (The Ravens, #1)
    • The Key to Fear (The Key, #1)
    • Kingdom of Sea and Stone (Crown of Coral and Pearl, #2)
    • Hush (Hush, #1)
    • The Haunting of Beatrix Greene: Vol. 1
    • The Poppy & the Rose
    • Lore
    I'm mostly on instagram--where I'm always ready to talk fictional crushes and nerd out over books. (Okay, okay. And I've also been known to share snippets and teasers from my upcoming novels, if you're into that sort of thing...) Please feel free to chat with me there @KerriManiscalco. I love talking with fellow readers!

Kerri Maniscalco grew up in a semi-haunted house outside NYC where her fascina

Kingdom of the Wicked (2 books)
    • Untitled (Kingdom of the Wicked, #2)

Articles featuring this book