Start by marking “Grenade” as Want to Read:

Grenade

(Tarnished Crowns Trilogy #2)

Lovers. Liars. Traitors. Thieves.

We are all of these.

Outside, a quiet war wages between two fractured countries.
Inside, I have been blasted by my own explosion.

Torn into pieces.
I am a protector - for her.
A lover - to both.
A traitor - to all.

We have all been on our knees at the feet of someone else.
We have all spent nights escaping in our shared beds.
We all want to wear thi
Published February 2020

To ask other readers questions about Grenade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Grenade

Start your review of Grenade
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Grenade is book two in the tarnished crowns trilogy and this time it's told from Ben's point of view.

The prologue again sets up Grenade so you know what's coming! You delve into Ben's past in this book and you discover that Ben's seen and done a lot and he trusts very few people! He will protect the people he loves to the ends of the earth. There were tears when I was reading this. So much hurt in his past. This story is truly amazing and has left me excited to see how this Trilogy ends!
Ri
HOLY Titfire...

This author is killing me slowly. I knew that after the way that book one ended that I was going to be in for a wild ride, and boy howdy was I ever. The first book left off with a preview of what was to come and even though I was "prepared" I really wasn't prepared if that even makes sense.

This book is even hotter than the first book. How that is even possible, I have no idea. Zero. Nada. None. Yet, she upped the steam and chemistry between all of these characters. The secrets, t
Robin Sweeney
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Book two is more of book one and WAY hotter! I didn't think it could get steamier, but it did. I had to put this book down and walk away after a couple of scenes. This has to be one of the best M/M/F books I've ever read. It's more chess playing, it's more of you the reader trying to figure out who's good and who's bad and everything in between. Again this book will leave you wanting more, and I have no doubt we'll get the answers we need in book 3 (Emeralds). I love all three characters, Blair ...more
Heather Marie
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Grenade is book 2 of the Tarnished Crown Trilogy and is told from Ben's POV. This book gets us farther into the politics game and we start to see where and who they players really are and what they are really after. The relationship between Blair, Ben and Isaac deepens and my heart would ache for all of their feelings between them. I felt like I was on the edge of my seat through this entire book, my heart was racing from both wondering what was fixing to happen and from the SO HOT scenes betwee ...more
Zetti
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I don’t read MMF a lot but I have to admit I’m so invested in Blair, Ben and Isaac. They’re not exactly a conventional couple but they work for each other. In this book they’re dealing with loss and tragedy. Yet despite that they persevere and overcome their struggles.

Isaac and Ben give Blair different things but they work together in the best way. I could not be able to pick a favourite between them both. I love their personality and who they are for different reasons.

However I could feel som
Lisa
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When I got to the end of this book, I had to think back to where book one ended. A LOTTTT happens here. This really has all the action, and so much to still be resolved. We are in the thick of it all and I can't think of much to say, as all I can focus on is needing to read the final book to see what happens. But Grenade is a great name for the way these characters' lives have exploded, they will need one another for support. ...more
Jennifer Rev
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Book 2, so much going on, and the MFM relationship is seriously HOT! So amazing, I have to know what happens next!
I received this book as an ARC in exchange for an honest review.
April
Jan 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
This second book in The Tarnished Crown Trilogy is told from Ben’s perspective. A great storyline that will keep you guessing,while giving you heartfelt emotions and some very hot sexiness!
Paulette
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is book 2 in the tarnished Crown series told from Ben’s POV. Normally, the second book in a series answers questions from the first book and sets you up for a bombastic conclusion in the third book. Well, it does set up for a bombastic finish but it doesn’t actually answer the questions generated in the first book, instead it created so many more questions...well it did answer a few. Don‘t get me wrong though, it’s really good and provoked more intrigue, heat amped up to scorching temperatu ...more
Zoe
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Tarnished Crowns Trilogy Book 2
Like with Chandelier, you begin with a glimpse of the end of the book. A glimpse that sets your mind racing and questioning, intrigue from the very start.
“The year of sirens and alarms has suddenly stopped, the roar of commotion ending as if a conductor has told the tin symphony to stop.”
This book picks up from the end of Chandelier, the tragedy sinking in, politics kicking off.
“Blair is no delicate petal of blossom. She’s steel and diamond and although s
V Meade
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Blair, Ben and Isaac in a world where a ménage shouldn’t be accepted, however no one seems to think twice. Chandelier and Grenade just move seamlessly and the heat level is HOT HOT HOT. Ben has some hard decisions to make in Grenade and while not everyone will understand in the beginning…..the truth will always come to light. Ben, Isaac and Blair’s relationship moves forward and other secrets are revealed. Don’t read this expecting it to be your typical ménage because this story has more twists ...more
Kairee Erwin
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Grenade is the perfect title for the second book. It is action packed! Told from Bn’s POV. We’re finding out some answers but more questions are forming as you read. You’re sucked right in to all the politics, drama, lies, etc. The ménage is amped up so much. There is a huge cliffhanger at the end but if you’re like me, I am loving this series and I cannot wait to see how it all comes together in the end.
Carmel's Addictive Nighttime Reads
The heat definitely gets turned up a notch in book 2 of this series, wowsers. Gripping and page turning for sure.

A very intense M/M/F book with a historical perspective, with a lot of drama to be cleared up going into book 3 definitely a rollercoaster of a ride to go on.

I cant wait to get the answers to all the unknown questions in emeralds (book 3), seeing how Blair, Ben and Issacs journey relate and conclude.
Christal
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Grenade is the second book in The Tarnished Crowns series and I am so absolutely in love with these characters! The plot thickens even more in this story and the scenes that include Blair, Ben and Isaac are so steamy; but even more so because their feelings for each other are so real. A little bit of a cliffy at the end of this book, but it just makes me want the next book even more.

So want to give you more but don’t want to spoil the story for you!
Tina
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the 2nd instalment in the Tarnished Crown trilogy and the intrigue didn't disappoint.

All of the puzzle pieces are in motion, but where will they land. The pressure is mounting in both the love triangle and the political triangle leaving you wondering who will be left standing with Blair at the end. All of the secrets are bound to unravel and leave everything exposed...
Melonie Fatchet
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“No one ever told me that you could break a heart by giving someone yours” -Ben. This book is full of love, passion and pain. It will ignite every brain synapse that you have. It is better than chocolate, ice cream and an unlimited credit card. Grenade is book 2 in the Tarnished Crowns Trilogy, and is told from Ben’s point of view. The story of deception, love, passion and angst continues.
So many people want to manipulate Ben. He’s a chess pawn in a wicked game of thrones. The assassination of
Lu
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
In the second installment of the Tranish Crown trilogy, we get to know more about Ben and the secrets he's been keeping. Personally, there were many pieces of the puzzle and not enough information. I'd liked more answers than questions. The relationship with Blair, Ben and Issac continues to develop. And boy, the scenes with the trio were hot, hot, hot. I like how she is an unconventional princess.
One thing I wish I have done was skip the prologue. It has some spoilers and it's pretty much the s
Megan Forsberg
Jan 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great follow up to chandelier. The focus was on Ben in this book, and it was interesting to see inside his head. More political intrigue, more secrets exposed, and another book to go!
BookishStacy
*This is book two of a trilogy. They must be read in order. If you haven't read Chandelier, stop what you're doing and go there now.

Annie Dyer has blown me away with this second book of the Tarnished Crown Trilogy. The way that she weaves this story is just unbelievable amazing. I'm pretty sure I spent most of my reading time with my mouth hanging open, just like the first book. Grenade gives us Ben's point of view and even being in his head, I'm still not convinced that he can be trusted. That
Maggie
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-read

My mind is still churning after I finished Grenade . The questions I have in Chandelier were not fully answered and there were more secrets and players added to the story in this one. The plotline and the characters were so complex and entwined, I was pulled so deep into their web of lies and manipulation in this political chess game.

This installment was told in Ben’s POV. It showcased his secretive life which was embedded with guilt, doubt and vulnerabilities. The chemistry and conn
Anna Jacobson
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Blair and Ben’s relationship deepens, while their third member officially joins them and makes them all realize they just want to be together without all of the titles and trappings of their families and jobs.
While Ben deals with his sister, and keeps secrets from Blair. Blair deals with her fathers declining health and suddenly being thrust into next in line for a crown she never wanted to wear.
And what about the other third? His parentage is revealed, his true goals and ambitions come out, and
Basic
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"Blurred lines. They should be redrawn."

Wow. My poor heart has been pushed and pulled, squished and stretched and all together warn out.

Grenade (book 2 in the Tarnished Crowns Trilogy) is told in Ben's point of view.

"Blaire's quiet, slowly swirling her fingers on me."

It has some intensely steamy scenes. Its took that little spark of MFM from book one and blew it out of the water, and then evaporated that water right up.
Nice. And. Steamy.

"My hand sits on her hips, holding her. An anchor, but I d
LianaReads blog
Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Mind-blowing!
That’s the only thing that comes to mind after finishing this second book in the trilogy. If I thought the first book was good, this one is better in so many ways.
We get so much more from the past and what transpires behind the scenes, how politics mechanisms are working and how private life is sometimes not so private.
Your kindle will catch fire as well because the MMF scenes are hotter than you can imagine and so well done.
Can’t wait to read the last book and see wha
Ginelle Blanch
Full of betrayal.
Full of love.
Full of heat.
Chilling.
War is never pretty, betrayal never pleasant. Protecting those we love sometimes comes at a high cost. Sometimes it's better to let go rather than to protect what won't accept the help.
There is always a choice.
Natalie Miernicki
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Holy hotness this book was a continuation of the sexiness that is Ben, Isaac and Blair but on a much bigger & hotter scale!! Blair is forced into a role she never wanted after the death of her brother... Ben as her protector but keeper of secrets may be one of the people she trusts the most but at what cost. The secrets in this book continue as everyone has their own agenda.. you are kept guessing with every twist & turn. I cannot wait for the conclusion to this fabulous series!!
Kat Mary
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Annie built the story perfectly in Chandelier and it continues in heart stopping and stomach in knots moments in Grenade. I loved getting to know Ben better as this is his POV. A man of few words so when he does speak it's EVERYTHING. I love all the political drama and the soft moments when this is a true soul deep love story. Amazing! ...more
J Williams
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The second book in The Tarnished Crowns trilogy is written from Ben's point of view.

Filled with suspense, romance and a LOT of steam, Blair, Ben and Isaac try to figure out who to trust and who is out to destroy them.

This series is phenomenal! I can't wait to read the last book!
Susana Soto
Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Grenade is the second book in Tarnished Crown Trilogy and is told from Ben's point of view. This book is something you won't be disappointed in. It has a lot of action and a lot of hot, hot scenes with Blair, Isaac, and Ben. You'll see glimpses of Ben's past and you'll meet some new characters. You will see a lot of twists and turns that you really need to put attention to in order to keep up with them, but in the end you will not be disappointed. I really enjoyed this book and will be looking f ...more
Debra Phiri (Dragon Nanny)
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh sweet Ben! Our troubled love who is torn in directions he doesn’t deserve!

What a powerful and moving second story of the Tarnished Crowns trilogy! It is filled with secrets, heat, action and love recognized for what it is or not.

The dynamics between our characters just deepens in this segment of the trilogy and gives you a better but still not fully clear picture of all the players!

I am so enjoying this!
Michelle
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is the second one in The Tarnished Crown trilogy. This book is intimate and full of feelings. Blair, Ben and Isaac are entangled and we also learn about other players, like Elise and Goldsmith. The book is very intense and interesting. I stopped reading and listened to another book because of the intensity and also because I didn’t want it to end. I loved it! Now I’m off to read Emeralds.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Crave (The Gibson Boys, #3)
  • Marrying My Billionaire Boss
  • The Trade
  • Not the Marrying Kind
  • Under the Rose (Codex, #2)
  • Charmer
  • The Billionaire's Forbidden Little Sister
  • Sweet Valentine (By Chance, #3)
  • Devious Lies (Cruel Crown, #1)
  • Southern Hotshot (North Carolina Highlands #2)
  • Torment (B.A.D. Inc., #1)
  • The Mogul and the Muscle (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • Danger Zone (The Elite, #1)
  • Filthy Playboy (Cocky Suits Chicago, #3)
  • Where the Little Birds Go (Little Bird Duet #1)
  • Great and Precious Things
  • It's All About That Cowboy (Once Upon a Time in Texas #1.5)
  • Down and Dirty (Hot Jocks, #5)

Tarnished Crowns Trilogy (3 books)
  • Chandelier