Start by marking “Beauty and the Badge (Charlotte's Cove #1)” as Want to Read:
Beauty and the Badge (Charlotte's Cove #1)

Beauty and the Badge

(Charlotte's Cove #1)

After being held up at gunpoint, Ashley Colton realizes that life in the big city isn’t for her. She decides to take the biggest risk of her life and move to Charlotte's Cove, the small seaside sanctuary where she’s vacationed every summer since childhood.

Everything falls perfectly into place until her first day of work, where she meets her new boss Tyler Jameson, the chie
Published November 12th 2019 by Boom Factory Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Beauty and the Badge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beauty and the Badge

Start your review of Beauty and the Badge (Charlotte's Cove #1)
Melanie Moreland
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A little-town, sweet romance that stole my heart! Tyler and Ashley are such a wonderful couple. He is strong, caring, somewhat old-fashioned, yet an alpha dirty-talker through and through. And also gifted to me from the author, so back off ladies - I have it in writing.
Ashley is funny, warm and caring and they play off each other so well.
Their chemistry is hot, their romance wonderful, and the book has some great moments that make your heart race- all for different reasons (no spoilers!)
The pe
K. Webster
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beauty and the Badge was a classic Ella Fox novel chock full of steamy romance, a smidge of suspense, and incredibly lovable characters! I was sucked in right from the get-go! She paints such a lovely picture of not only the characters, but the location and everything they do....I felt as though I was there too! I really hope she writes more books from this world as I love all of the supporting roles in this book! If you're looking for a hot, sweet, and good-for-the heart small town romance, the ...more
Fiona Fog
I freaking loved what Ella Fox has created with this story, and I can't wait for the next book. It had everything you could want in a romance story. Excitement, PASSION and fantastic characters who had me hooked.

The story from that opening chapter with the boss from HELL Hadley Mills, can I say what a bitch. Seriously she scared me and Ashley our leading lady has the patience of a saint. God how she endured that torture is beyond me.

Ashley is likeable and relatable character. When her life tak
Jessica Alcazar
I am having the greatest time being a romance reader these days and this story is partly why!!

Okay, so you know that giddy feeling you get when you read a romance set in a small town. You know the one ... the one where you can't help the smile on your face because it's so damn charming and everything from the meddling old ladies to the mean girl from high school is part of the story?

This story has all that and a blast of sexy heat on the side all wrapped up in a cocoon of emotions! I'm in
Kayla Brunson
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2019, arc, romance
I really enjoyed this and can’t wait for more in this town. Seriously, I wanted to pack up and leave Houston for the quaint and adorable town of Charlotte’s Cove. This was my first read by Ella Fox and I can’t figure out why I waited so long to pick one up.

From the first meeting between Ashley and Tyler, there were sparks of chemistry. The author really did throw it all in this book. I was begging for them to stop fighting what was happening between them.

“I want you, Ashley. All the fucking
Carmen Rae
So other than a few novellas I haven't read any books by Ella Fox, but when I got an email saying she was the newest author of Boom Publishing I was all in. I am slightly obsessed with Aurora Rose Reynolds writing and if she's putting her stamp of alpha approval on this it's a no brainer.

And I'm really happy I jumped in. It was very similar to everything I love about Aurora Rose Reynolds books. It had the overly protective "babe" growling alpha. It had the law enforcement hero. The danger and
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: November 12, 2019
Actual Rating: 4.25 stars

Beauty and the Badge not only has a beautiful cover but also an enticing and gorgeous story between the pages. This book had me consumed from the very beginning. It's hot, sexy, a little suspenseful, and completely swoon worthy. Tyler and Ashley are one of those couples that make you smile from ear to ear. They immediately worm their way into your heart and you can't help but root for them. All around, this is a wonderful read and rea
Island Girl Romance Reads
A sweet small town romance with a protective Alpha Male and a sweet heroine and a little suspense. Loved it very much! Read it in one sitting and enjoy
After being held at gunpoint and with a job with an b*tch of a boss, Ashley decides to move to small town (Island) Charlotte’s Cove.
The Chemistry between Chief of Police, Tyler Jameson and Ashley was instant.
Loved everything in this book.
The storyline was sweet and it had one of my favorite tropes, which is small town romance.
The heath factor be
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
Spoilers ahead

Ashley leaves the city and her horrible boss behind after she was held at gunpoint during a robbery. She goes back to the small town where she frequently spent time with her grandfather to the house he left her. She gets a job working for the police and meets the Chief who's the sexiest man she's ever seen. The attraction between them is mutual until Ashley finds out he was involved with her high school nemesis Rita who starts harassing them but the H finally gets an in with the gi
Gi's Spot Reviews

5 ‘ To me, Charlotte’s Cove is Perfect’ Stars

BEAUTY AND THE BADGE hit just all the right spots! Tyler and Ashley’s love story is small town romance heaven! A super sweet heroine, a dirty talking Alpha and the most endearing secondary characters and beautiful setting, with just the perfect hint of suspense. This book really gave me all warm feelings, and that ending… Perfection!

After a series of events, Ashley decides to start over and move from Californi
Simran (crazy-undying-obsession-for-romance)
3.5-4 “ Ashley & Tyler “ stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Eventually he rolls onto his side, taking me with him. With my head on his shoulder, I relax and enjoy the way he holds me. Once again, I feel treasured.

This is the second book that I have read by this author and her writing style is just what I love. When I came across this and read the synopsis, I eagerly wanted to get my hands on it and kept counting off the days till its release. I love a good small town romance especially when the hero is a cop.

W
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

Ella Fox never fails to impress me when it comes to her books and her words and her characters but y'all, this brand new book in this brand new series is her BEST work to date. Sexy. Sweet. Swoony. Suspenseful. All the feels with one swoony, unforgettable hero. Beauty and the Badge blew every expectation I had and I could not put this standalone book down for for a single moment.

After an incident that shakes Ashley to her core, she moves to Charlotte's Cove hoping for a new, fresh start.
Sandy Nikolas
Oct 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved this story! Tyler was gone for Ashley the moment they met. Circumstances get thrown in their path that causes some backing off on both their parts. Rita is a first class hag! Boy she made me so mad! The character of Rita was written so well that you could feel the hatred coming off the pages. Tyler and Ashley do find their HEA, a bit of a slow burn. Great epilogue!
Nicla
Really good sweet and sexy small town romance. It definitely got me out of my reading slump. Looking forward to the next book in the series. Definitely recommen
TheSassyNerdBlog
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm not new to Ms. Fox. I have read a few of her books and I have loved each one of them, and this? No different. She smashed it!

This small-town romance had it all... Sweetness, sexiness, suspense, mystery, and a bucket load of passion and humor between the two main characters... and angst, did I mention angst? It wouldn't be an Ella Fox love story without it.

When Ashley leaves everything she has ever know in LA and moves to a small little town called Charlotte's Cove in WA, the last thing she
Tania's Book Blog
Oct 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Tyler and Ashley were everything. Ashley was in a job that she despised in which her boss was extremely rude until a life event made her open her eyes and change things about her life. She moved to a small quiet town and met Tyler. When Tyler met Ashley he knew she was different and he knew he had to have her. They danced around their feelings until they couldn’t anymore. Even though it almost didn’t happened because of the town bully but Tyler wasn’t having it. Their chemistry was thru the roof ...more
Halle Reads
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs-2019
5/5 Stars

This book was straight up FIRE

created-image-1573523886994

I pretty much went into this book blind after being drawn in by the beautiful cover and I'm so glad I read it because I loved every minute of it.

After being caught in the middle of a dangerous situation Ashley no longer feeling safe living in LA decides to move to the small seaside town of Charlotte's Cove where she spent her summers when she was a growing up.

With the help of her family friend and neighbour she gets a job working at the local police statio
Shirley Cuypers
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-beta, 2019, ebooks
Original review

This book was provided by the author through Give Me Books Promotions in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Ella Fox and Give Me Books Promotions!

Beauty and the Badge
is the first book in the Charlotte’s Cove series and tells the story of Ashley and Tyler.

Beauty and the Badge is the first book I’ve read by Ella Fox and won’t be the last one! I loved reading this book and it was so hard to put this one down. I loved the story and I couldn’t get enough of it. Ashley and Tyler
Coco.V
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
An utterly charming story full of romance, steam, sexiness and heart! And I'm so in love with the gorgeous cover! Overall rating : 3.5 stars.
Kari Wicked Reads & Dreams
Beauty and the Badge by Ella Fox is a sweet, a little bit suspenseful, insta-love read. This is my first book by Ella and I am definitely digging her writing. I was immediately sucked in from the first chapter. What drew me to this was the blurb. I hadn't seen the cover yet when I requested it and it sounded so good. It didn't disappoint me. Add in the cover and I knew a winner was going to be in my hands. Love the cover.

Ashley has been living in L.A. for all her life, she's currently working f
Charlene
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Asking for a friend, but is it selfish to ask for more as soon as I finish the first one?
I loved Tyler and Ashley, and Boo. Great story.
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

When Ashley's held at gunpoint, it gives her a new mindset. So off to her Charlotte's Cove she goes. It's where she's inherited a house, and it's where she feels most at home. Thank God she has a new job to go along with her new home. But when she gets a look at her new boss...let's just say she's floored. In a good, swoon inducing way!

Tyler's never been so affected by a woman before. Thank God the handbook has no provisions against dating among employees. Now if only he could get Ashley
MsquaredBookBlog
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars

I have three words for you- OH MY GOSHH!!!

Beauty and the Badge by Ella Fox is the first book in the brand new Charlotte’s Cove series. I have been a long time fan of Ms. Fox and fell in love with her writing when I read The Hart Family series. I’ve loved each and every book she’s written since then, but always felt that nothing could top The Hart’s. So with that being said, SHE DID IT!!!! This incredible story is pure magic. All of the emotions and feelings and gah-I can’t even begin to
Book Snob Sue
Ashley ends up having a bit of a life wake up call and it lands her in the little town her family vacationed at every summer, Charlottes Cove. Since everyone knows her, she ends up getting a job at the police station, before she moves there. Oh, and what do you know, her new boss happens to be sexy af and already extremely interested in her. Tyler is Chief of police and is so funny when he meets her, his interest is quite obvious to everyone, but her. It’s rather entertaining, at least I thought ...more
A
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ella Fox has created a fabulous new series called Charlotte’s Cove. You are going to love the little town and all of the characters in the first book, Beauty and the Badge. Sometimes you need a kick in the rear to see in your life. Ashley gets that, and Tyler helps her find her way. The happily ever after is a great bonus! This book is fun, steamy, and it has a great story. Tyler and Ashley will capture your heart. I absolutely can not wait for the next book in this series!!
Erin Lewis
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Star review of Beauty & The Badge (Charlotte’s Cove #1) by Ella Fox

Ella Fox is a new author to me and why that is, I have absolutely no idea. From the first chapter I was invested in Ashley Colton’s story and once she moved to Charlotte’s Cove my interest was heightened.
Returning to live in her grandparents seaside cottage, Ashley wastes no time in getting back into the community who she came to love throughout her childhood visits. When a friend helps her get a job in the local police depart
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a fun read this was. It had bits of sweetness, sexiness and a little suspense and angst thrown in for good measure. But Ashley and Tyler they weathered it all. They both finally realized that their past hangups weren't worth losing that one person that could get through them through anything and that was Ashley and Tyler. Enjoyable read! ~Jen

Beauty and the Badge from Ella Fox, is a sweet and sexy with a little bit of suspense and lot of humor. Somehow Ms. Fox always seems to suck you in rig
2OCC Reviews
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jessica
Awe, this was a cute read. I liked the banter between Tyler and Ashley. The secondary characters were great and I loved seeing them support the main characters in everything they deal with. I love small town reads and this was was really great. The author has potential (not to be confused with this book not being awesome because it really was) to turn this into an amazing small town romance series and I plan to read them all. I was pulled in by everything this book had, the chemistry, the passio ...more
Konny
Oct 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Beauty and the Badge by Ella Fox is book one in her new Charlotte's Cove series. The book can easily be read as a stand alone.
Ashley is a young woman, she's tired of her miserable job, her life, everything. She decides to start over and moves to Charlotte Cove. New job, old house and friends, new love maybe.
Because there's the towns Sheriff and her employer . They have through the roof high attraction and when Tyler Jameson decides he wants her, Ashley has no chance to say no.
Beauty and the Badg
R.f. Greenwood
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, 2019
Omg Ella Fox does it again!
What an amazing start to a new series!
It's no lie that i love Ella Fox's writing and i also love 'small town' romances, they always have that homey sort of feel to them.
Tyler and Ashley was absolutely amazing together, i loved reading everything about them. Their chemistry was off the charts.
I loved Ashley, she had a few self doubts but who doesn't? She hasn't had it the easiest but the girl is a fighter.
Tyler was swoon worthy! He was all alpha and growly i bloody lov
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Love at The Bluebird
  • Baiting Him (How to Catch an Alpha #2)
  • Hooking Him (How to Catch an Alpha, #3)
  • Surrendering To Him
  • The Wrong/Right Man
  • Until Talon (Until Her/Him #9)
  • Break You (Boys of Trinity Hall, #1)
  • Until Valerie (Happily Ever Alpha World)
  • Then and Now (The Edge of Retaliation #3)
  • Infatuation (Underground Kings #4)
  • Meant to Love
  • Decidedly By Chance (By the Bay, #5)
  • Tangled Up In Christmas (Texas Heat #2)
  • The Middle Man (Professionals Book 6)
  • Absolute Pleasure (Dirty Sexy Fairy Tales #2)
  • Beautifully Broken Spirit (Sutter Lake, #3)
  • Cold Queen
  • Someday, Somehow
USA Today Bestselling Author Ella Fox has learned a bunch of stuff along the way but the most important of all those things is that anything is possible when you try. In 2012 she took a big leap of faith and published her first book, Broken Hart. Once that happened, her entire life changed.

Ella's favorite things are music, movies, traveling, and, of course, reading. This isn't a surprise consideri