Start by marking “Dolphin in the Deep (Animal Ark, #22)” as Want to Read:
Dolphin in the Deep (Animal Ark, #22)

Dolphin in the Deep

(Animal Ark [GB Order] #31)

Mandy spends most of her Florida vacation at the local animal park, playing with two tame dolphins, Bob and Bing. The dolphins are happy playing together, but when Bob dies, Bing is miserable without his best friend. Mandy and her friend, Joel, are worried about Bing's future--until they come up with a daring plan.
Published July 1st 2001 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published January 1st 1998)

Start your review of Dolphin in the Deep (Animal Ark, #22)
haley
Aug 02, 2013 rated it liked it
Recently I've been rediscovering books that I read when I was younger. And the Animal Ark series is one of them. Mandy's parents are veterinarians and animal-lovers, so she spends a lot of time with animals. She and her best friend James rescue lots of stray dogs and cats, as well as helping some wild animals. This is one occasion where she helps out animals outside of her parents' veterinary center. Bob and Bing are two dolphins at an animal park and they are practically best friends. But when ...more
Danielle
I loved the Animal Ark series when I was younger and recently decided to reread some of my favourite ones. At the top of the list is Doplphin in the Deep.

I just loved the characters and their determination to set Bing free. It is admirable - even now I am an adult, if not more so. Such novels as those in the Animal Ark series teaches children to treat animals as if they are humans and to love them as if they were.

A lovable book to be read by animal lovers everywhere.
Clare O'Beara
This well-written book for young readers raises some serious animal welfare issues on a holiday in Florida. When I read this it was written by Lucy Daniels, which I have to take is a pen name as all other details are the same.

Mandy Hope loves dolphins and while in Florida she visits a dolphinarium. The owner just cares about the money visitors pay to watch the dolphin show but Bob and Bing, the stars, are real live animals. Bob becomes ill and gets good vet care but sadly he dies. After that Bin
Callie Stillion
Aug 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
I liked this book. I thought it was wonderful how Mandy always had a positive attitude about Bob and Bing. She understood that they needed to live someplace safe.

Most dolphins have to have mate. That`s why they let Bing go. He was too sad because he didn`t have another dolphin.

This was a good book and I want to read it again!
Ali
Apr 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Bing and Bob are best friends. They are dolphins. But when Bob gets sick and dies, Bing gets really miserable. Mandy wants to release him into the ocean so he won't be lonely. Can Mandy get Bing out of the aquarium and into the wild?
I really like this book. You have got to read it. It is amazing! This book is a really good book, and it is really interesting.
Evangeline
I loved this whole series as a kid, but i think this one just edged top spot :)
Jessie
Jul 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing
While in Florida, Mandy plays with two dolphins but when one of them dies, the other becomes depressed.
Juliet Berger-White
Mar 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
It's such a heartwarming story. If you love animals you'll love this book. it has adventure and I LOVED it!!
Cassandra
oh the memories! :) I loved this book! :)
Jason
May 22, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I didn't, at the time, like reading and could not make it past page 5. However , given the oppertunity, I will indevore to read this book.
Tina
Dec 13, 2009 rated it it was ok
animal ark series
Liz
Jul 25, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: childhood
One of my first books of the animal ark series. One of the best of the series as well.
Taylor Troncin
Jun 24, 2013 marked it as pre-2016-read
Loved this series when I was younger. Still a huge animal lover and would like to read the rest of this series!
Jan 12, 2008 rated it really liked it
In second grade, I adored Animal Ark. Every time I took a trip to Rhode Island, I would get three of these as presents.
Rea
Apr 12, 2011 added it
Shelves: read-as-child
I really enjoyed this whole series as a child. Back then I'd devour each of the books as soon as I could get my hands on them.
Sammy
I was completely obsessed with this series of books when I was a child and my aim was to read every single book. They are a really good children's series.

Emma Edwards
I did not enjoy the book because it was a bit too complicated. I got to the 8th page and stopped.
Molly Edwards
Jul 14, 2016
Rhyannin Kara
Nov 03, 2013
Katie Pattinson :)
rated it did not like it
Apr 03, 2009
Zoe
Jan 28, 2011

• Ponies at the Point (Animal Ark Summer Special, #2)
  • Sheepdog in the Snow (Animal Ark, #7; Animal Ark Holiday Special, #1)
  • Naughty Amelia Jane!
  • Return to Sender
  • Carry On, Mr. Bowditch
  • Madame Pamplemousse and the Time Travelling Cafe (Madame Pamplemousse, #2)
  • Madame Pamplemousse and the Enchanted Sweet Shop (Madame Pamplemousse, #3)
  • The Lost Realm (The Chronicles Of Fantasy Kingdom #1)
  • Riding the Storm (Dolphin Diaries #3)
  • Madame Pamplemousse and Her Incredible Edibles (Madame Pamplemousse, #1)
  • Pony Parade (Animal Ark Pets, #7)
  • La Regina dei Baci
  • The Magic Ballet Shoes (Magic Ballerina, #1)
  • Tales from a Not-So-Popular Party Girl (Dork Diaries, #2)
  • The Best Dog in the World
  • Pet Owner's Guide to the Border Terrier
  • Kinra Girls - Destination Japon - tome 5
  • Poppy the Dogs Trust Dog (Dogs Trust, #1)
Lucy Daniels is the collective name for the writing team that created the bestselling children's book series Animal Ark, many of the books are also published under the name of the series creator, Ben M. Baglio.

Animal Ark [GB Order] (1 - 10 of 94 books)
  • Kittens in the Kitchen (Animal Ark, #1)
  • Pony on the Porch (Animal Ark, #2)
  • Puppies in the Pantry (Animal Ark, #3)
  • Goat in the Garden (Animal Ark, #4)
  • Hedgehogs in the Hall (Animal Ark, #5)
  • Badger in the Basement (Animal Ark, #6)
  • Cub in the Cupboard (Animal Ark, #8)
  • Piglet in a Playpen (Animal Ark, #9)
  • Owl in the Office (Animal Ark, #11)
  • Lamb in the Laundry (Animal Ark #12)