Start by marking “Killer Resolutions” as Want to Read:
Killer Resolutions

Killer Resolutions

For fans of Agatha Christie’s And Then There Were None . . .

In a remote lodge in northern Wisconsin, friends gather for a festive, New Year’s Eve weekend. When a blizzard traps them with a murderer, who will be left to kiss at midnight?

Five years ago, a tragedy shattered the friendship between Dani, her older brother, and their college pals. When her brother invites the ol
Published October 11th 2019 by E

Start your review of Killer Resolutions
Sherry Fundin
An isolated lodge in the woods, a blizzard, and I’m sure nothing can go wrong (LOL) as family and friends, along with one stranger, unite to put the past where it belongs in this novella that quickly turns into a mystery filled with suspense and a killer that goes on a rampage.

See more at fundinmental
Tori Cretton
Nov 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I always enjoy a book that takes place in or around Wisconsin, being from that state myself. As an avid mystery lover this book had me interested from the start. This book felt like a quick read, and kept me wanting more. I give this book a strong four stars for its face paced feel, and classic who-done-it theme. Although I called who did it about half way through, I still enjoyed reading if my predictions were right. Would happily reccomend it!
Amy
Nov 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Killer Resolutions is another exciting suspense filled mystery by Elizabeth McKenna. She takes readers on a thrilling ride with this book. Dani and her friends find themselves in the state of Wisconsin at a secluded lodge for a New Year’s celebration. The festivities soon turn sour and things quickly go downhill when a blizzard strands them in the lodge. Suddenly, Dani’s friends are being killed. She panics who do not know who the killer is or she can turn to. Will she be able to trust anyone? W ...more
Carla
Dec 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The tragic death of one young woman comes back to haunt a group of friends and family in this fast paced novel.

The death of her older brother’s girlfriend has haunted Dani and their once close group of friends. A night of drinking got out of hand and instead of caring for their friend, Dani became side tracked by her brothers friend and Crystal choked and died on her own vomit.

Her death causes the group to draw away from each other and each individual deals with the death in their own way. That
Stephanie Jane
See more of my book reviews on my blog, Literary Flits

I hadn't read any Elizabeth McKenna novels before this one and was expecting Killer Resolutions to be a Christmassy cosy mystery. In fact it is much darker in tone and I found myself in agreement with the synopsis recommendation of the story being apt for Agatha Christie fans. Is this actually a relocated retelling of And Then There Were None? I'm not sure to be honest, but Killer Resolutions certainly makes the most of its isolated snow-boun
Leila
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a great read!! I love nothing more than a good mystery with just enough thrill to keep me on the edge of my seat and turning the pages. This was exactly that!

I will admit, the ending felt a little abrupt, but overall, I really enjoyed the read.

The story starts 5 years prior with the death within a tight knit group of friends who, in current times, are meeting back up after not speaking for the past 5 years.

While something feels off, all is well until one member of the party goes missing
Stacy
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rob lost everything five years ago when his fiancée Crystal died at his New Year’s Eve party with his sister and 3 friends. So why does he invite everyone back together for another one five years later. His sister Dani, Nate and Vinnie travel to a remote lodge for a fun New Years weekend with Rob and his new girlfriend Brittany. Molly doesn’t end up going but that won’t change his plans even when Vinnie brings a friend along in her place. A blizzard arrives along with all the quests keeping them ...more
Kendra Sand
Nov 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
This is the first book I read from this author and am very satisfied! I love good mysteries, and this was a good one! I love when a book real draws you in and you don’t want to put it down, this was one of them!! I loved that it took place in WI, being that I am also from there! Well written!! I had some assumptions, so was excited to see which one was right!! I looked forward to reading others by this author!!!
Melyssa
Dec 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read all of my reviews at bit.ly/PageBedtime

Killer Resolutions by Elizabeth McKenna is an adult fiction mystery novel that features a group of college friends reconnecting five years after a horrible tragedy involving them all. In present day, the past event is still affecting the friends, and one by one we learn the deadly results of the issues not resolved between them.

The story is brief, fast-paced, and intriguing. Earlier this year, I had the opportunity to review another bit.ly/PageBedtimeM
Kari
Dec 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
KILLER RESOLUTIONS
By Elizabeth McKenna

This book was an exciting fast paced read because you wanted to know who did it. It reminded of a book I read long ago, “And Then There Were None”, where each of the characters were being killed off one by one and nobody knew who the killer could be.

In “Killer Resolutions”, there was a similarity and this time they even began to accuse each other.

It all begins when a group of College friends get together and celebrate and drink to bring in the New Year. As
Cheryl
Dec 08, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a cozy mystery. No gory death scenes. This is great for readers of cozy mysteries.

When it came to the characters; I was not really close to any one person. In fact, they did not seem to change from the past to their present selves. They were still acting kind of like college students. As far as the storyline goes, if you have read a lot of mystery stories, you will probably pick up on where it is going and how it will end fairly early in the story. However, this did not keep me from rea
Rebecca
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: first-reads
I received Killer Resolutions through a goodreads giveaway. It was a quick and easy read. I would recommend it for YA fans. I wish there would have been more character development. It was difficult to care about what was happening to the characters as you don't know them well. Additionally, most of them weren't especially likable. It wasn't a surprise who the killer turned out to be, and there were no real plot surprises/twists. It seems like the author has good writing skills, and I appreciated ...more
Jessica
Dec 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When vengeance is not a good thing

This book is sweet, funny and suspense. I enjoyed reading this story. Vengeance is not good when you used it in a bad way. Life is sometimes not fair especially when losing someone we dearly loved. It can kill us seriously if we do not want to move on. Blood is always thicker than water. Family should always be there for each other in good times or bad times. Alcohol is a good thing if you do not overdo it. It can make you relax but at the same time makes you do
Deborah
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Murder

I won this book on Goodreads I enjoyed it reunion and murder among friends such a good book good writer.
Terry
Dec 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Interesting and suspenseful mystery, with a great cast of characters. Intriguing story will keep you reading.
Norma
AC
Stephanie
Annette Prejean
Oct 15, 2019

• Winter World (The Long Winter, #1)
  • The Seven Experiments
  • This Is Love (Harmony Pointe, #2)
  • Dragon Actually / A Tale of Two Dragons
  • Sometimes a Rogue (Lost Lords, #5)
  • The Vanishing Smile (Thomas Black, #8)
  • He Started It
  • The Holdout
  • Rediscovering Emily: A Luke 15:10 Story from the Author of Mead Mountain
  • Witch Is When It All Began (A Witch P.I. Mystery, #1)
  • Tactical Writing Guide: Tactics for Tight Writing
  • The Tyrant’s Tomb (The Trials of Apollo, #4)
  • Bachelors of Bond Street
  • Virginia
  • When You See Me (Detective D.D. Warren, #11; Gardner Universe, #20)
  • Saving Our Skin: A Surgeon's Story of Tenacity, Adventure and Giving Back
  • Vanished? (Stockholm Sleuth, #1)
  • Mothers & Murderers
Elizabeth McKenna's love of books reaches back to her childhood, where her tastes ranged from Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys to Stephen King's horror stories. She had never read a romance novel until one Christmas when her sister gave her the latest bestseller by Nora Roberts. She was hooked from page one (actually, she admits it was the first love scene).

Her novels reflect her mercurial temperamen