Start by marking “The Trouble with Gravity” as Want to Read:
The Trouble with Gravity

The Trouble with Gravity

Kai’s life is a series of choreographed steps, each one shielding her from her tragic past. Audition, dance, get paid, repeat. It’s a broken record, but it’s what keeps her world spinning.

When a dangerously handsome man with trouble written all over his face rides into her life, his entrance makes a disastrous splash.

Soon, Kai’s safe and secure world is on the brink of sh
Published January 2nd 2020

To ask other readers questions about The Trouble with Gravity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Trouble with Gravity

Start your review of The Trouble with Gravity
Danielle R (Spellbound Stories)
Why do I feel like I’m making a deal with the devil?”
“I’m surely no angel, sweetheart.

The Trouble with Gravity is hands down one of my favorite reads from KK Allen ever—and the best in the Gravity Series (IMO). I’ve always loved grabbing a book from KK because she writes beautifully, but her stories are also moving and realistic, even if they are fiction… and The Trouble with Gravity was all that and so much more! From the moment I started reading, I was glued to my seat! Since it w
Manoela
5 Stars

I had grateful literary surprises in 2019, and surely knowing the writing of author K.K. Allen was one of them. The Trouble with Gravity is a book that captivated me from start to finish with its fantastic writing and well-developed story. The book os fantastic and I found myself in love with this story.

Kai is a protagonist that I just loved. A character who has a traumatic past but was brave enough to face her fears to achieve her dreams and embrace the opportunity to grow in her career
Jen Zingaro
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When I get through the Prologue and I'm already an emotional mess, then I know the story is going to grip me all the way through. The Trouble with Gravity is about Sebastian and Kai who have both experienced some setbacks in life and in different ways are trying to confront their fears/mistakes/failures. They don't much like each other at first and that adds a good amount of tension to the story.
Kai gets hired to dance in the last run of Sebastian's broadway show and so in a sense, he is her bo
Syndi
Jun 04, 2020 rated it liked it
What is wrong with this book? I love KK Allen Gravity series. Love them, except The Trouble with Gravity. Where is the spark? Where is the heat? Where is the explosive chemistry? I am sad to say Trouble with Gravity is a trouble. Not very bad, but it does not manage to keep up with the predecessor.

The chemistry between Kai and Sebastian is guarded. I feel like two of them have no deeper, vulnerable connection. Just 2 people, who just happened to work together and hook up. Even their emotional ba
K.K. Allen
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
AVAILABLE NOW!

Tara Horowitch -Sexy Book Divas
The Gravity series is one of my favorite series to date. And they keep on getting better with each book. The Trouble With Gravity is one of my favorites.

Sebastian and Kai’s journey is one that will definitely pull at your heart. They are both broken for different reasons and when they meet their is this instant connection that they both are trying to fight.

I love how K.K. Allen takes her readers on this incredible journey that’s filled with raw emotions and lessons of how to face your fears an
Adriana Locke
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I opened this on an airplane and thought I'd read a couple of pages. I was in no way ready for this book! KK Allen grabbed me with her opening scene and never let me go.
This story is emotional and funny and electric and heartwarming too. It's a tale about growth and self-healing and taking chances and believing in yourself. (Those last two sentences have a lot of 'ands' but I just couldn't stop typing! Ha!)
An original storyline that hooks you from the start, KK Allen brings an emotional punch w
Siobhan (Bookish Vibes)
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh man, when the prologue immediately pulls at the heart string you know you’re in for a good read!

Kai has just been offered a part in a theatre production that has come at the perfect time for her. The problem? She has to spend 7 months on a cruise ship and she is terrified of getting back on the water after a sailing accident when she was a child. She is a strong, determined character and you are able to instantly connect with her.

Sebastian was a bit harder to get a read on in the beginning. H
Stormi (Bewitched Reader)
The Trouble With Gravity is another ground shaking addition to KK Allen's Gravity series. Kai and Sebastian sucked me in from the first word and kept me up way past my bedtime several times. I'm struggling to even find the words to express how much I loved this story! It's just WOW! The emotions, the dancing, the heart. It all bleeds off the pages in an honest and real way. This was the perfect book to start my 2020 reading off with! ...more
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 5 / 5 stars

I don't know what is it about this series but gosh I could not love it more. You know what? I do know, I know exactly what it is.. it's this magnificent dance world that K. K. has created. This series is unlike anything I've ever read and I cannot get enough of it. Each new couple steals my heart and I'm always immersed in them and in this fantastic dance world combined with something else whether it's sports, music, theater. K. K. could keep writing in this world FOREVER and
Meredith Wilson
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-arc-reads
The Trouble with Gravity is a fantastic read and hands down, my favorite in the Gravity series. It has everything we love in a K.K. Allen book, but taken up a notch. She delivers an angsty, slow burn, enemies-to-lovers romance that leaves you craving more. This beautifully written and well developed story was touching, sweet, sexy and held me captivated from start to finish.

Kai's backstory is heartbreaking and raw. My heart still hurts for her. Having to endure such a traumatic event would be di
Lynn
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It goes on my all time favorite book list! I love how K.K. Allen takes readers on this incredible journey! It is filled with life lessons of how to face your fears, be honest and love hard.

Both Kia and Sebastian are broken for different reasons in life. Their connection is so intense and real. Kia is a dancer in Sebastian's musical. They are drawn to each other but build a friendship because they didn't want to cross the line with work and a relationship.

There are incredible s
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
description
Their banter was everything…

Oh, don’t get me wrong. The sizzle between Kai and Bash was amazing too. The passion they had for their artistic careers spilled into every minute of their courtship so it was little wonder their relationship mirrored its highs and lows…

Theirs was a world of creativity, music and dance. The drama was beyond delicious as it simmered and bubbled through every page and chapter. For someone who hides from any type of drama when I’m reading, I can’t believe how addicted I
TheGuideToRomanceNovels
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
 photo 20191026_164529_zpsnyqvf1pl.jpg
What a beautiful story with a lot of meaning, this author always puts her heart and soul into her books that's why her writing is magnificent! This is a story of a beautiful dancer/acress and a broken man who is a god on the piano and also a producer. Check out my full REVIEW, TEASERS i've made & much more on my BLOG -> CLICK HERE
 photo 20190911_093631_zpsyslz1m7j.png
The Book Bee
Jan 02, 2020 rated it liked it
REVIEW: 2.5-3 STARS
"He was my anchor in a raging storm."

My husbands says, "I thought you were reading!" To which, I replied, "I am!"! He then comes back with, "Is your book singing to you?" HA!! "Uh, no! Coordinating YouTube videos! So cool and so unique. I love it!" <-- That was how my book started out. I was so excited to jump into Kai and Sebastian's story because I just knew I was going to be swept up in another dance book with a love story that was going to make me smile.

Unfortunately,
N. Biggs
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Title: The Trouble with Gravity
A Standalone Enemies to Lovers Romance
Series: Gravity #3
Author: K.K. Allen
Genre: Contemporary Romance

This is perfection! OMG! Where do I begin? For some reason I started backwards and read book 3 first. No worries, though. This book is a standalone and felt like I didn’t miss a thing.
This is also my first K.K. Allen book and I LOVED it so much!

Kai and Sebastian are two tattered ships barely coasting on troubled waters until fate gives them a helping hand, and force
Sofie Sehested
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really, really truly love this book and I think it is the best book in the series surrounding the dance complex Gravity so far.

I think K.K. Allen’s deflections on general anxiety is so spot on that I actually saw myself in the main character Kai. It was though but also amazing to read how she pulled herself out of the darkness by the help of Sebastian and fought to live out her dream.

I loved that the story was in three parts and that K. K. Allen had found a special place on YouTube where you
Na

I don't know how KK Allen does it, but she brilliantly delivered another dancing romance, that plays your heart mind and soul. Sucks you right into the world of love, drama, fame and friendship.

Her words are dancing with you heart from the first page to the last!

Full review to come soon
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 ⭐'s

“I guess that was me crossing the line.”

Kai and Sebastian meet when he drowns her in a puddle with his motorcycle. Turns out, she's auditioning for his ex-Broadway show. And yes, he's also a jerk.

You ever get thrown into the middle of something and not have a clue what's going on? Well, Sebastian's life is like that. There's a lot of history between him and his partner, Dirk, and they sling mud like no other.

Kai's had drama in her life too but she hasn't had to confront it until she
Ellie
Jan 01, 2020 added it
Patricia Rohrs (words we love by blog)
This book deserves so much more than just 5 ⭐️! Stars are not enough to describe just how amazing this story truly is! KK ALLEN captured just how healing love can be when you allow it into your life! Not just love from others but to have love for yourself!

Sebastian and Kai have very deep scars and through their friendship they learned to heal! Neither wanting more they navigated their new normal together and found ways to learn how to love who they are! If only the attraction could disappear th
Jill M
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
I had no idea what to expect going into this. A friend recommended trying KK and I was like sure since she has always been spot on in the past. I’m so glad I picked this up and kicking myself for not reading her before.

I devoured this story in one sitting. It’s rare that happens and a story need to pull me. From that prologue that sucked me and left me heartbroken to that very last page, I was captivated. It had everything a great romance should have from the slow burn buildup to the romance an
Missy Ann
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
K.K. Allen choreographs another 5 star book in the gravity series. As you drift through the pages, Sebastian and Kai’s story will quickly become one of your favorites. I had tears flowing from the very beginning which instantly connects you with Kai.

Allen’s has a knack for pulling raw emotion from deep within her readers. Easily letting the reader connect with all of the characters.
Weronika -  Little Steamy Reads
„I need you, and it’s looking like you need me too.”

The Trouble with Gravity has become my favorite book in the Gravity series! K. K. Allen has created a beautiful story filled with dance, music and love. Kai and Sebastian stole my heart right from their first encounter and I followed their fate with bated breath and a fast beating heart. Their story is full of emotions and electrifying chemistry. But the most important thing - this book and its characters wonderfully show that you can overp
Courtney
Jan 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Trouble with Gravity is standalone within the Gravity series. You do not need to read any of the other books to thoroughly enjoy this one.

Initially after reading this book, I truly loved it. Now that it's been about two weeks (completely forgot to write review), I have to say that my love for this book isn't quite as high. It's not to say that I still didn't really enjoy it, but I can sit back and relook at everything instead of that through that initial high you get when you finishing a rea
Jennifer Zamboni
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Trouble with Gravity ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

K.K. Allen hit it out of the park with this one! In fact, this may be my favorite of the Gravity series!

Kai and Sebastian are like s’mores fresh off the fire: sweet, golden, decadent, and hot.

This has everything from sailing to broadway. From its heartbreaking beginning to its grand finale, it was impossible to put down.

I loved getting to see some old characters again, & witness that they’re still happy. I also liked that we got to leave the studio more in thi
Aly
Dec 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
This is the story of a dancer, Kai, who gets her big break working on a jukebox show with the 'Bad boy of Broadway', Sebastian. I liked Kai, she has been through some really rough times but stays strong and keeps working toward her dreams. Sebastian was harder to like, he comes across as a huge jerk and took a while to show a nicer side. I felt like Kai should have held out longer before getting with Sebastian, he treated her pretty poorly for a long time. The pacing was too slow for what I want ...more
Christine
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved Kai & Sebastian!! They both were dealing with some old scars that had never healed (that prologue......it will break your heart!), but together they were able to help each other heal and move forward. I loved that it didn't happen quickly, but that it spanned the course of their time on the cruise ship. They were just wonderful together and the emotion put into this story was incredible. Lighter in angst than normal from the author, but the story between these characters will ...more
Ashley N Stephens
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

I always forget how much I love the books in this series until I start reading them again. KK Allen was able to find another aspect of dance that makes each story fresh and unique. This book definitely didn’t disappoint. I loved loved loved Kai and Sebastian! They balanced each other perfectly! They were each other’s gravity when fear took flight. This book is one click worthy for sure!
Tia Louise
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
These books just get better and better! I love love LOVE when characters are attracted to each other right away, and then we get the delicious buildup of them finally getting together... YES!!! Kai and Sebastian are just purrfect for each other. I love them so much. Don't miss this sizzling enemies to friends to lovers romance. I'd give it ten stars if I could! ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
New Adult Book Club: #93/19 ~ The Trouble With Gravity by K.K Allen 56 81 Jan 20, 2020 04:56AM
Authors & Reviewers: Romance Bloggers Needed! 1 14 Nov 26, 2019 11:35PM
❤ Coffee, Books &...: Calling All Romance Bloggers! 1 2 Nov 26, 2019 11:32PM
❤ Coffee, Books &...: Bloggers Needed! 1 4 Nov 26, 2019 11:28PM

• Bull (Reapers MC, #7)
  • Trouble
  • Famously Wed: A Billionaire Boss Romance
  • Renata Vitali (The Five Syndicates, #3.5)
  • Ranieri Andretti (The Five Syndicates #2.5)
  • Hot Mess
  • Smoldered (Severton Search & Rescue #3)
  • Dr. Dan
  • Awk-Weird (Ice Knights, #2)
  • Booty and the Beast (Touchdowns and Tiaras #5)
  • Reign: A Royal Romance
  • Cheeky Candy
  • A Day in the Death of Walter Zawislak: A Love Story
  • Reign (Skulls Renegade MC, #1)
  • Violets are not Blue
  • Blood Heir (The Blackthorne Vampires #3)
  • My Billionaire Enemy: My Billionaire Love (Book 1)
  • Christmas Cliche
K.K. Allen is the USA TODAY Bestselling and award-winning contemporary romance author of sweet, sexy, and inspiring stories that evoke emotion at every turn.

K.K.'s debut romance novel, Up in the Treehouse, was named the Best New Adult Book of the Year by RT Book Reviews, an honor beyond belief. And she continues to take reader’s emotions on an epic ride every single time with real, layered, comin