Start by marking “Rabbit Heart” as Want to Read:
Rabbit Heart

Rabbit Heart

Rachel’s parents, Linda and Marcus, have their hobbies: reading Shakespeare, crocheting blankets, and killing people who trespass near their cabin in the North Georgia woods.

Being adopted by killers with a taste for cannibalism shouldn’t be the highlight of Rachel’s life, but for her, it’s a chance to heal and find the love she’s desperately craved. No one has empathized w
Published October 14th 2019 by Wilde Nightingale Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Rabbit Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rabbit Heart

Start your review of Rabbit Heart
Emily
Oct 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
"It was like asking her to decide between staying in a blood-filled house or running into a tornado. It hurt, that teetering edge between survival and oblivion. It hurt to be this alone."

3.5⭐, rounded up to 4 for GoodReads

Rabbit Heart is my introduction to Emily Deibler's work, and this was a really interesting story. It's well-written, and it goes pretty deep into how people aren't just "good" or "bad", but have a wide array of human emotions and actions.

The book begins and ends with horror v
Jay Williams
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I found this to be an interesting story, and it certainly had all the elements of a thriller. Yet, the style of writing was often a steam of consciousness rant, and the narrative shifted time often, without warning. Rachel, the main character, was difficult to relate to. She entered the story as a victim, and the entire book covered her journey to becoming a proud survivor. The book is not so much to be read, as to be experienced. It certainly is a very different take on the cannibal family livi ...more
Jessie (Zombie_likes_cake)
I picked this up because I was hoping for something along the lines of Ania Ahlborn's amazing "Brother", I was hoping to discover a lesser known gem, but no, this is a very different kind of bunny.

First disclaimer, I did not know this was YA until I requested it from the library and it came home with a YA sticker. YA is not my favorite thing to read, of the about 100 books I chow down every year only about 2 are YA, I am very cautious going down that road because it is often not a road for me.
Jay
Mar 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
his book was a good read. I liked the story and the characters. I was able to get invested in what was happening, and mostly, I was able to understand the motives of the characters. The book was suspenseful and deep. My one critique is this particular writing style wasn't for me. The changes between past and present and reality vs. perception were a little too abrupt at times. There were sections where the world was described as Rachel saw it, instead of reality, that seemed to come out of nowhe ...more
Taunya Miller
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Kimberly
Nov 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Thank you to Hidden Gems for providing a free digital ARC in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

I seem to be in the minority on my rating. Rabbit Heart was not a bad book by any means. I really wanted to love the book. It had a great premise, but for me, fell through. I was hoping for more horror and got a girl trying to heal. I also could not connect with any of the characters. I felt Rachel was a brat, and at points had to stop reading because it was annoying me. Yes, yes,
Emily Deibler
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: i-wrote-this, horror, lgbt
I mean, don't get me wrong: I love cannibals, and I love families, so this book is right up my alley. Which is a big deal, since I wrote it.

But why aren't there that many rabbits? It's called RABBIT Heart, and did a rabbit heart, in fact, play a big role in the plot? I don't think so!

On a serious note, please be sure to read the content warning for this book here: https://www.emilydeibler.com/books-an...
 Reading Reindeer 2021 On Proxima Centauri
A surreal grotesquerie of horror, set in the otherwise beautifully scenic North Georgia mountains, RABBIT HEART is also an emotionally visceral examination of a survivor of sexual abuse plus brutal tragedy. It is also on the surface the story of a backwoods cannibal couple and their adopted daughter.
K.E.
Willow Croft
Dec 09, 2019
Christina
Dec 22, 2019

• Children of Virtue and Vengeance (Legacy of Orïsha, #2)
  • In the Dream House
  • One by One
  • The Monster of Elendhaven
  • Incarceron (Incarceron, #1)
  • Doctor Sleep
  • You Are Not Alone
  • After the Flood
  • The Year of the Flood (MaddAddam, #2)
  • Blood Meridian, or the Evening Redness in the West
  • The Other People
  • Past This Point
  • The Passengers
  • The Thief Lord
  • On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
  • Alien III
  • Etched in Sand: A True Story of Five Siblings Who Survived an Unspeakable Childhood on Long Island
  • Growing in God's Love: A Story Bible
Horror and fantasy writer. As a grad student, my work revolves around editing, designing, and publishing. My distant relatives were executioners; I just execute my characters.