Start by marking “Her Homecoming Wish” as Want to Read:
Her Homecoming Wish

Jo McNally

Her Homecoming Wish

(Gallant Lake Stories)

Discover a fresh new voice! Jo McNally delivers an emotionally powerful story of finding love after heartbreak, its challenges and its rewards.

She’s ready to shed her good-girl ways…

“You’re all about following the rules now? Pity.”

Published February 1st 2020 by Harlequin Special Edition

To ask other readers questions about Her Homecoming Wish, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Homecoming Wish

Start your review of Her Homecoming Wish
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Her Homecoming Wish Jo McNally is the story of Dan Adams and Mackenzie 'Mack' Wallace.
Mackenzie has returned to Gallant Lake, her home town. Mackenzie was always the good girl, got married and moved away. But now she is divorced and was planning to return home when her father fell off a ladder so she had to escalate her plans. Dan was her brother's best friend and along with her brother a bad boy of the town. So her first meeting with him since coming back was sneaking into her dad's Liquor sto
Caitlyn Lynch
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemp-romance
Talk about a role reversal… in their high school days, Mackenzie Wallace was the goody two-shoes who never put a foot wrong, and ‘Danger Dan’ Adams was trouble with a capital T. Now Mackenzie is back in Gallant Lake after her perfect life came crashing down around her ears… and ‘Danger Dan’ is a deputy sheriff?

Both Dan and Mack are dragging around an awful lot of emotional baggage, and Dan has a daughter from a failed marriage to consider, but the sparks flying between the two of them are unden
Robin Loves Reading
Labels. Both good and bad. He has dropped his. She is trying to drop hers. When it comes to Mackenzie Wallace, she has spent a lifetime being good, close to perfect, in everything. Problem is, she never had any fun. Meanwhile, Danny Adams was the ultimate bad boy-turned Sheriff. He is also a single dad so he is as strict as he can be so that he can do as much as he can for the town, and his daughter.

Mack is out for fun, and she will do whatever is in her power to bring Danny along for the ride.
Cheryl
Feb 02, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a sweet read mixed with some humor and a dash of spice. Mac and Danny were good. As much as Mac would like to think she was not such a good girl, she could never fully be a "bad" one. Danny used to be the "bad" boy but with his job as sheriff and his daughter, Chloe; he has lost a lot of his "wild" side. However, being around Mac does bring out some of it in Danny. These two pair nicely with one another.

I like that Mac and Danny did not have an "insta love". Despite the fact that Mac di
Aly
Jul 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Former bad boy Dan Adams is now Deputy Sheriff and single dad. His high school best friend's sister is back in Gallant Lake, New York, to help her dad run his liquor store business and hoping for a ride on the wild side after her failed marriage.

"She was beautiful, and it had nothing to do with physical appearance. It was her spirit-she was beautiful in her freedom."

I expected a sweet and sexy romance but I was pleasantly surprised that it was more than that, what with the hero trying to resolv
Vikki Vaught
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review to follow
Cathy Geha
Her Homecoming Wish by Jo McNally

Gallant Lake is a small community with warm friendships in need of more of a police presence though Deputy Sheriff Dan Adams and another man do their best to maintain control. Dan grew up in town and once was a troublemaker instead of a peacekeeper. With more and more drug overdoses and the fear that drugs are funneling into and through town he is on high alert most of the time.

Mackenzie “Mack” Wallace is back in town to pick up the pieces of a marriage that ble
Lacey
I received this novel as a part of the Harlequin Special Edition Blog Tour! Thank you to Jo McNally, Harlequin Special Edition, Harlequin Books & NetGalley for a copy of this novel in exchange for an honest review.

Good girl turned bad. Bad boy turned good. This trope was awesome. I loved the fact that they had a role reversal thing going on after Mackenzie, or Mack, returned home after having a really nasty divorce. Coming home to find out that the bad boy growing up was now a Sheriff of their s
Sue Wallace
Apr 22, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Her homecoming wish by Jo McNally.
Mackenzie Wallace hopes there’s still some bad boy lurking beneath single father Danny Adams’s upright exterior. Being the proverbial good girl left her brokenhearted and alone in the past. Now she’s back in town and wants excitement with her high school crush—not love. Dan knows their connection runs deep, despite Mackenzie’s protests. But will their new personas work together—especially when Dan’s secret is exposed?
I really enjoyed this book. Loved Mackenzie c
Sue Wallace
Apr 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Her homecoming wish by Jo McNally.
I really enjoyed this book. Loved Mackenzie c
Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews
This is a sweet read mixed with some humor and a bit of spice. Mac and Danny were good I enjoyed there story. I can way it was my fav or anything like that but i enjoyed it for what it was. I ike that it was not fairly long too, it was a great in between bok for me to cleanse my pallet.
Sharon
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review-copy
This is a story about labels - or rather, what we do with them. In high school, Mackenzie was the "good girl" - the perfect student, the model child. Danny "Danger Dan" Adams was the bad boy - the tattooed biker always in trouble. Move on a decade or two and things have changed - Mack is back in town after a failed marriage, looking to shed her good girl image for good. Danny is the obvious choice - but it seems that he has already done some shedding, and left behind his danger days in favour of ...more
Donna Was A Scandal
Feb 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020
Another fun category romance read. Fabulous character growth, watching both try to shed the images from their youth and start fresh was fun to read. Great story, an excellent dash of suspense, compelling characters that were very relatable.
Isha Coleman
Jan 30, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
McNally turns an identity crisis into a heart full of fun. Mac is looking to find herself, Just as former bad Danny has changed his ways. What ensues is a tempting kind of heartwarming that will have emotions on topsy-turvy ride into love. Her Homecoming Wish charms It's way into the heart. ...more
Matthew Burroughs
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Her Homecoming Wish by Jo McNally is a second chance romance set in the quaint but beautiful community of Gallant Lake. Mackenzie, better known as “Mack” has relocated to this hometown after a nasty divorce with a fresh attitude. No more country club living and turned-nose attitude for this one, she’s here to live life a little more on the real side, and maybe get a little more wild. While helping out at her father’s liquor store, Mack looks for some late night refreshment via a top shelf bottle ...more
Julie
Feb 23, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It’s always a joy to read one of Jo McNally’s contemporary romances. She has this wonderful ability of juggling the light and whimsical with the emotional and serious and she is on top form with her latest tale set in Gallant Lake, Her Homecoming Wish.

Mackenzie Wallace has spent most of her life being a good girl. She got good grades in school, never stayed out too late and always did as she was told and followed each and every single rule to the letter. Mackenzie had always believed that as the
Andrea
More reviews and book-ish content @ Club Book Mobile on FB, Club Book Mobile on IG & Andrea RBK

The story begins with MacKenzie returning to her hometown. Soon after returning, she runs into Danny. Danny was a friend of her brother's, and they were known for being the "bad boys" (I hate that term y'all, but in the context, it's just going to have to work) around town. MacKenzie, on the other hand, was known for being the straight-laced rule follower. Returning back, times have changed. Danny is n
Jessica Figueroa
Mackenzie always striven to be the good person, the good sibling, the good wife but it all came crashing down and shes tired of being so good. Now shes back to her home town to help keep her fathers business afloat while he recovers from an injury and wants to have more fun with her life. Maybe even Danny her brothers bad boy best friend can help her out. Problem is hes an officer now with his own set of issues with his job and isn't sure he can deal with a personal and work life.

I really enjoye
Linda Zagon
Feb 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jo McNally, Author of "Her Homecoming Wish" has written an entertaining and heartwarming story.  The Genres for this story are Contemporary Fiction and Romance. There is some suspense in this story. The timeline for this story is in the present and goes to the past when it pertains to the characters and events. The author describes her characters as complicated and complex.

Mackenzie Wallace, "Mack" returns to her hometown after a nasty divorce, to help run her father's liquor store, after her fa
Sheri Melnick
Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
McNally returns to Gallant Lake in this third Gallant Lake series installment (after It Started at Christmas). Mackenzie “Mack” Wallace has returned home to Gallant Lake, New York, nursing the wounds of her failed marriage and helping to care for her father and the liquor store he runs. Mistaking her for a burglar, Deputy Sheriff Dan Adams almost arrests her when he finds her in the liquor store after hours. But when he recognizes her as the younger sister of one of his best friends in high scho ...more
Becki
As her divorce is complete, Mackenzie Wallace's aging father falls off a ladder and calls her back to her hometown to help out. She is officially done being a 'good girl' and fulfilling everyone else's expectations of her. Imagine her surprise to find her childhood crush (and her older brother's best friend from childhood) is now the local sheriff. I don't want to spoil it, but there's a love connection to be made - just sayin.

I love feeling like characters are people I could be friends with. Ma
Lynn
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mackenzie Wallace was the perfect good girl growing up and had become the perfect wife until she caught her husband cheating on her. Now she is coming back home to lick her wounds and help her father out after his surgery. Mackenzie is tired of being a good girl and is looking to change her ways. Maybe bad boy Danny Adams is still in town looking to get into some trouble.
Bad boy Danny Adams has given up his bad boy ways and is now a local police officer and a single dad. When he sees Mackenzie i
Lauriane (L.M. Durand)
Her Homecoming Wish is the story of Mackenzie who after her divorce returns to her hometown.

After her father falls from a ladder, she decides to help the store and has an interesting encounter with Dan, a single dad, former crush and now the town sheriff.

As they meet more frequently, love sparks but Dan has secrets and issues of his own, which would make long term commitment challenging. As for Mackenzie, she’s ready to embrace life once more and starts by making bolder choices.

I very much enjoy
Shannon
Jun 17, 2020 rated it liked it
I wasn’t expecting to get hooked in the first paragraph of Jo McNally’s new novel, ‘Her Homecoming Wish’ but that’s exactly what happened.

A strong stable of characters, a palpable spark between Dan and Mackenzie, excellent timing on how they unfolded, and a tragic secret that you are literally on the edge of your seat knowing it will happen but dreading it; this had everything that makes a good romance from beginning to end.

I do wish that the attempts to be less of a good girl had been a bit les
Becky Baldridge
Feb 19, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Her Homecoming Wish gives us a bit of a role reversal. Mack doesn't want to be the good girl anymore, and as Sheriff, Dan has put his bad boy side behind him. It's interesting that these two are still complete opposites while trying to be the opposite of what they were. Needless to say, they're going to have to find some middle ground. They do have great chemistry right from the start, and I enjoyed their journey. From what I understand, this is part of a series, and even though I haven't read t ...more
Karen Hackett
Apr 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Her Homecoming Wish by Jo McNally is the latest book of the Gallant Lake series. Divorced, Mackenzie Wallace returns to Gallant Lakes to take over her father’s liquor store while he recuperates. She stumbles into Deputy Sheriff Danny Adams, her brother’s ex-best friend. As a reader, I get a look in Danny’s life as a sheriff and how his job affects him and his relationship with Mack. I love the small-town feel where everybody knows your name. Her Homecoming Wish is a delightful story with a touch ...more
Angel Hatfield
Jun 08, 2020 rated it liked it
This was a sweet story that I just enjoyed reading. It was quick-paced and flow
Traci Westling
Aug 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another delightful read from Jo in her Gallant Lake series ... This one is about Mack returning home to rediscover Dan Adams’s & how he’s changed over the years as well as Mack who’s ready to make a big new adventurous change from her good girl status . I enjoyed the small town feel of Mack taking on her dads business while getting reacquainted with Dan as a family man. Jo works in the ex wife & Dan as divorced parents making it work for their sweet daughter . A great touch to this story making ...more
Marcie Robinson
May 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
We’re back in Gallant Lake in Jo McNally’s “Her Homecoming Wish”.

Divorced, Mackenzie Wallace returns home to run her father’s store while he’s laid up with an injury. She’s on the lookout for adventure after trying to be the perfect and pleasing one for years.
Sheriff Dan Adams used to be wild and reckless in his youth and now he’s Mr. Responsible and not what Mack wants.
But the heart wants what the heart wants and Mack and Dan are in for an adventure.
Kara (Rotella Reads)
What a sweet and funny small town romance read! I really enjoyed both of the main characters and the drama that followed them like a shadow. The story flowed really well and had a lot of emotional depth. I was pleasantly surprised by the suspenseful ending but would have liked to see more from this couple than the abrupt HEA. A great read overall!

• Temporary Wife Temptation (The Heirs of Hansol, #1)
  • Witness Protection Widow (Winchester, Tennessee, #5)
  • For the Twins' Sake (Dawson Family Ranch #1)
  • Wyoming Special Delivery (Dawson Family Ranch #2)
  • A Chance for the Rancher (Match Made in Haven Book 7)
  • Ten Days Gone (A.L. McKittridge #1)
  • More than Neighbors (Blackberry Bay, #1)
  • Wrangled and Tangled (Blacktop Cowboys, #3)
  • Lethal Exposure (Harlequin Blaze, No. 423) (Perfect Anatomy, #3)
  • A Temporary Christmas Arrangement (The Bravos of Valentine Bay Book 10)
  • Come Back for Me (The Arrowood Brothers, #1)
  • Welcome to the Dark Side (The Fallen Men, #2)
  • Going Down on One Knee (Mile High Matched, #1)
  • A Good Girl's Guide to Murder (A Good Girl's Guide to Murder, #1)
  • Meet Me Under the Mistletoe
  • Hers to Tame (NOLA Knights, #2)
  • The Wife and the Widow
  • Saddled and Spurred (Blacktop Cowboys, #2)
I write the same kind of romances I like to read – stories about characters facing real-life challenges with real-life consequences. The stories are emotional, but still have humor, and love always finds a way to pull the characters through together.

I live in coastal North Carolina with 100 pounds of dog and 200 pounds of husband – my slice of the bed is very small. When I’m not writing or reading

Gallant Lake Stories (3 books)
  • It Started at Christmas...
  • A Man You Can Trust