Start by marking “A Search for Starlight (The Firewall Trilogy, #3)” as Want to Read:
A Search for Starlight (The Firewall Trilogy, #3)

A Search for Starlight

(The Firewall Trilogy #3)

Beyond the firewall lies a greater threat than Taimin and Selena could have foreseen.

Taimin and Selena have destroyed the firewall that once trapped them in their dangerous wasteland. But with their hard-fought freedom now comes a greater threat.

Outside the wasteland, under the same two scorching suns, live the bonded. This powerful ancient enemy will unleash a destructive
Published February 4th 2021 by 47North

To ask other readers questions about A Search for Starlight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Search for Starlight

Start your review of A Search for Starlight (The Firewall Trilogy, #3)
Shivvani Rao
Feb 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley-arcs, 2021
A 4.5 stars.
I love it! I am quite satisfied with the ending. Though the Aurelium and the Mystic power are still a mystery, it was so good to read the final book. It was refreshing to read the pov of awe to the highly advanced world again. I always loved how richly all the races are represented in this series. I liked to read about the bonded too. This book reminded me of Starsight and Red Rising saga because of the sci-fi.
We all know that Taimin and co. will pull through the imminent doom... or
Ash
Nov 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
I read A Girl from Nowhere through Prime First reads and it was a 5 star novel for me! The second book was still super great but not as great as the first. This final book, for me, rates higher than book 2 but still didn't strike my heart as fiercely as book 1.

Which is all to say, WOW I LOVE THIS SERIES. It's a great adult but young adult appropriate fantasy with a bit of sci fi feel. The world building is so incredible through all three books. I was constantly gushing over the creativity and d
Ernest
Jan 13, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Despite Maxwell being "the top 5 best selling authors on Amazon worldwide" I hadn't read anything by him before coming across "A Search for Starlight." That's understandable because his first two series, The Evermen Saga and The Shifting Tides, were both fantasy, which is fine, but not generally on my reading list.

This book could well have been fantasy too, and when I started it out I was initially put off by Selena's mystic powers, which reveal themselves as astral projection and telepathy. The
C.J. Santiago
Feb 11, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting ending

Taimin and Selena have grown closer together and they both strive to do what's best for the people. Talon believes when can convince the warriors to agree to leave if only he can speak with them. Now that Ingren is without her protector, Taimin wants her to take him to their city. She agrees. With sheer determination, they leave not knowing what he will find if he returns. His only thought is to save her.

Terror rains down as the city housing all five factions is attacked. Peopl
Katie Schmitt
Feb 22, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Fitting End to the Series

I really enjoyed the Firewall Trilogy and A Search for Starlight, although the ending left me wanting more. I enjoyed Taimin’s continued character development, learning more about Ingrin and the Bonded, and Maxwell’s vivid descriptions of Agravida and the technology within. I didn’t love the hint of a spark between Selena and Dale - I found it unnecessary and thought it detracted from Selena’s character. Taimin fought so fiercely for her wellbeing that it felt like a b
sh(e)reader
Another series by the James Maxwell/Simon Vance team completed. I think I fell in love with the other two series (quartets) a bit more, but I liked this one too. The different races (the five from within the firewall, then the Bonded), the world setting (the whole "firewall" thing), the mystics, fantastical animals (wyverns, etc). First book introduced everything, and the conflict was survival and conflict within the five races. The second book introduced the Bonded, and the conflict with the on ...more
Lisa Armeo
Oct 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
A Search for Starlight by James Maxwell, the third, in The Firewall Trilogy. Taimin and Selena are the main characters, they are finally free from the firewall wasteland. Now they will face the bonded a new enemy, this was a fun and easy read.
A big Thank You!!!!, to Netgalley and the publisher for my early access ofA Search for Starlight by James Maxwell and Amazon Publishing UK. All opinions in this review are my own honest opinion. If you do not agree, it's ok! :) I would recommend this book
Miss Jacqui
Feb 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fitting end to this series, I don't think I would ever have guessed at this upon reading the first book. The characterisations are consistent and as I know the characters better from the first couple of books I didn't feel so irritated by some behaviours (Vance's or Taimin's jealous) and well developed with the worlds created and described vividly. I felt the tension of the different situations through the writing and could imagine the wasteland as well as the cities and technology of the bond ...more
Bob
Feb 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great World-Building

Well-written series, strong on character, plot, and originality. Up there with Brent Weeks and Brandon Sanderson. The series starts deceptively as an apparent fantasy trilogy, but then the protagonists ' circumstances are revealed to be caused by a forgotten war involving six different galactic civilisations. I read the trilogy over two days on Kindle Unlimited. The quality of writing is well above the norm for KU, in which easy-reading light fantasy predominates.
Rachel
Feb 18, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book as part of a Goodreads giveaway. This book was fine. I didn’t like it as much as the first two, but it was an ok ending. The bit about Selena and Dale was very cliche and totally unnecessary to the story. It’s actually what made me give it 3 stars instead of 4 and totally ruined Selena’s character for me. That said, everything else about the story is solid. Decent characters, plot, etc. I have really enjoyed this series and am glad that I stumbled across it!
Allyson Bradley
Hmmm

I had a tough time with this book. While I liked the ending and how things came out I just couldn't reconcile the Taimin I knew with the Taimin of this book. He was always a fighter and defender. He took things on and faced them. But I'm supposed to believe that he had turned into a pacifist? Nope, it just didn't fly with me.
Keith Butler
Feb 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant, totally different from any other sci-fi I have read, read all 3 books in 2 days

First class story, different from any sci-fi I have previously read. 3 books I would recommend to anyone. Read all 3 books in 2 days, couldn't put them down.
Christopher J Mann
A Fantastic Conclusion

Maxwell concludes this awe inspiring Saga with a focus on the best of human traits, hope. Like the first two books in the series, this book is well written and purposeful. Totally enjoyable!
Julie
Feb 16, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a bit of a struggle to get through. Maybe a little too long and slow. I really enjoyed the world building in the first two books, but this one, even though we're going to the bonded's world, was less interesting. ...more
Barbara Whiting
Feb 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great conclusion to the Starlight series! Book one was the best of the series, sucked you in from the start and kept me riveted throughout. Second book was not as strong as the first and I would have to say the third book was easily better than the second, but not as good as the first. I gave it five stars because I like when a book wraps up a series nicely and I feel satisfied at the end. In addition I would highly recommend the series to a friend, it is a fun read that kept my attention, and ...more
Thomas. McGee
Review

Excellent book with great characters and a fantastic storyline.very likeable heroes.was quite sorry when it came to an end.looking forward to reading some of his other books.
Ann Anderson
Feb 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have really enjoyed this trilogy, it took me on a very interesting and enjoyable adventure.
Cindy Huff
Feb 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Captivating story

A Search for Star!ight is a captivating read that pulls you into the worlds of James Maxwell . It is well-paced and exciting from start to finish.
Mrs A. J. Turbfield
Wonderful

What another beautifully written and thought provoking allegorical tale, I presume its afer the, human Diaspora from Earth. Can't wait to see where it goes next.
Yemi Olutola Balogun
Lovely, lovely

As usual, gripping story. Enjoyed every moment of it. Never let down by this author. Thank you for such an interesting read!
Allan van der Heiden
Feb 17, 2021 rated it really liked it
I’m really sad this series has ended. It was such a great initial 2 books and this last book although great is a bit disappointing in how it just winds the whole story down.
lidia zoltan
Feb 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

Loved it. I would recommend the book. Kept me up at night. Lots of action loved the characters. Won't disappoint. The end was fantastic also not like some other books
Linda L. Love
Feb 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed this Series

I really enjoyed this book and series! In certain parts of this book, I found myself reading faster and faster so I could find out what was going to happen.
Robert
Feb 23, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well written but predictable

Delightful book and an excellent conclusion to the trilogy. Don't expect any surprises. Quick read. I finished it in two hours.
Dave Hom
Mar 01, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lovely

Good way to end the trilogy. I enjoyed the characters and the development of each. The relationships have been tested and the plot has thickened.
Angela Randall
Mar 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good book
Ashley
Feb 25, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Finished strongly, at least. The romance and drama fell flat for me, and felt like unnecessary padding akin to some YA contemporary high school drama, honestly. All said and done, though, it wasn't the worst fantasy trilogy I've read, and kept me entertained enough, if not entirely enthused about it. ...more
Paula
Feb 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Loved the whole trilogy.
Crystina
Feb 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned-arc
A Search for Starlight is one of those books that I just could not wait to get my hands on. I found the first two books in this series to be incredibly enjoyable, but I could not imagine how the series would come to an end. Maxwell does not disappoint, providing us with a satisfying ending to an overall fantastic series.

Full review on Geek Declassified
Jessica
Feb 21, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

• Knight's Ransom (The First Argentines, #1)
  • Girls of Brackenhill
  • The Immortal Words (The Grave Kingdom, #3)
  • Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1)
  • City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3)
  • City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2)
  • City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments, #6)
  • A Darker Shade of Magic (Shades of Magic, #1)
  • Archenemies (Renegades, #2)
  • City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments, #5)
  • A History of What Comes Next (Take Them to the Stars, #1)
  • Queen of Air and Darkness (The Dark Artifices, #3)
  • Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3)
  • Randoms (Randoms, #1)
  • The Minders
  • City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4)
  • Descendants of Power: A Dystopian Sci-fi Novel
  • Spec Ops Z
Fantasy author James Maxwell has ranked in the top 5 best selling authors on Amazon worldwide. All of his novels have been category best sellers on Amazon.com and Amazon UK.

His influences include Wies & Hickman, George R.R. Martin, Raymond Feist, Terry Goodkind, Tad Williams, David Gemmell - and of course J.R.R. Tolkien.

He was raised in New Zealand and Australia, and lives in London with his wif

The Firewall Trilogy (3 books)
  • A Girl From Nowhere (The Firewall Trilogy, #1)
  • A World of Secrets (The Firewall Trilogy, #2)