Start by marking “A Whole Lotta Trouble” as Want to Read:
A Whole Lotta Trouble

A Whole Lotta Trouble

Rick Blakely is enjoying being back on the family’s Texan ranch. After ten years in the Navy SEALs—and another working through the damage they caused—he’s grateful his days are no longer filled with chaos and danger.

His peace and quiet ends the second the new vet pulls up to the ranch. Emily Conner has driven him up a wall since grade school, and their fights are legendar
Published April 13th 2020 by Entangled: Brazen

To ask other readers questions about A Whole Lotta Trouble, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Whole Lotta Trouble

Start your review of A Whole Lotta Trouble
Lara
Apr 09, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2020
This was an okay read for me. I struggled quite a bit, not only to get invested in the story, but also to connect with the characters. I also had to stop and check to see if this book is part of a series (it's not) because I felt like I was missing a lot of backstory with each and every character.

There just didn't seem to be any emotion involved. When I was reading from each character's POV I would read about their emotions, but I never really felt it. A lot of flowery description that just did
Paula
Mar 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I volunteered to read and review an advanced readers copy of A Whole Lotta Trouble through Netgalley . I absolutely loved reading this story . The characters are fantastic. The story is humerous but it's also suspenseful and intriguing . Rick Blakely and Emily Conner have quit a history . They were best friends as children , partners in crime , first loves and first heart breaks . Rick broke Emily's heart when he broke up with her then left for the
Navy . Ten years later Emily is a veterinarian
Pauline Cassie
Mar 28, 2020 rated it liked it

Rick and Emily have a history. The important part of that history, is known only to themselves, leaving everyone in their home town gossiping for years.

After years in service to his country and battling demons, Rick is back and staking his claim.

In the intervening years though, Emily has followed her dream, or at least part of it, and doesn't take kindly to Rick's overprotective and high handed ways.

As you might expect with an alpha male and a strong independent woman, fireworks ensue a
Alicia
Mar 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rick Blakely had been away for ten years in the Navy SEALs. He spent another year working through the trauma he faced. Now he's enjoying being back on the family ranch. Emily Conner has been called out the Blakely Ranch. She's hoping that she won't run into him.

Both characters are strong-willed. Em is no push-over and doesn't easily give in when Rick pushes. Rick wants her to understand that he's willing to wait for her to realize that they are meant to be together.
I was not expecting the actio
Linda Quick
Mar 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a sweet and sexy romance that I thoroughly enjoyed. Rick is the badass former SEAL who returned home and wants to claim the woman he's loved most of his life. The problem arises when Emily informs her that she has a mind of her own and isn't going to go along with his ideas just because he decreed it.

There are lots of sparks between the characters, along with a bit of suspense when Emily finds herself in danger. Add in the whole town placing bets on what will happen between them, and you
Urvashi
Mar 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Emily and Rick have known each other since they were kids and were friends who got into a lot of mischief together. But after something happened, they lost touch and are now meeting after 10 long years. Rick knows Emily is the one for him but convincing Emily of that is not going to be so easy.

A whole lotta trouble is heart-warming love story with a strong Alpha hero and a successful, sassy, take no prisoners heroine. If you add some danger into the mix you get one entertaining and enjoyable re
Nikki Brooks
Take one veteran, Badass Navy SEAL. Add one small town vet with a history of causing him to doubt his sanity. Add the inhabitants of same small town, way too interested in taking bets on the outcome of the sparks between them. Et Voila - one kick ass, small town, cowboy romance!

Rick may be all Alpha all the time but Emily is strong, smart, independent and in no mind to put up with his crap!

Highly enjoyable with great lead characters. Some of the secondary characters are well worth books of their
JC FRENCH
Mar 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a story. Rick and Em are a perfect match, both head strong and stubborn. This book is fun loving, and fast paced. Started this book and couldn’t put it down. Hope this turns into a series.
Diane McConnell
Apr 01, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley-arc
The battle between Rick and Emily!

Veterinarian Emily Conner had heard the news that former SEAL Rick Blakely had returned to family’s ranch but when she was asked to check on some horses she found out that the attraction between them was still there even though she was ignoring it. Emily and Rick had fought like all through school getting into trouble together but now everyone in town was taking sides on whether they got together or killed each other.

Rick Blakely helped to run the family ranch a
Riding  Reviewer
I enjoyed Rick and Emily and their story. There was a lot of realistic small town action, i.e. gossip and interference which added to the plot. Sometimes the story seemed a bit discombobulated but was still interesting. Tension also came from Rick's high-handed ways toward Emily. She's worked hard to become a vet and has proved herself very capable so she doesn't take well to Rick trying to always protect her. Though at one point, it turns out to be a very good thing. There's enough action that ...more
Angela
Apr 01, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Despite the massive screw-up from when he was younger, Rick is a man who can be depended upon for security, for honesty and for his strength. But once burned, twice shy Emily is not sure she really wants to take a chance on him. However, when passions flair and danger lurks, her reliance on his help, in spite of his high-handedness, is essential to her health. "You are my person. Always have been. Always will be." Rick's emotional breakthrough is part of the reason he succeeds in, just possibly, ...more
Sheryl Brumfield
I’ve been a Lea Hart fan from the beginning, and I loved this book just as much as I did the first one. Lea’s strong, sassy, independent heroines wouldn’t be happy with heroes any less alpha and take charge as hers are. Of course, those two headstrong types often tangle in ways that are sure to make for books you find hard to put down. .....and the verbal back and forth keeps me coming back for more! Another winner for Lea.
melanie allen
Apr 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Whole Lott’s Of Trouble is the brilliant new book by Lea Hart. A romantic heartwarming second chance story. Rick and Emily have know each other since school but life sent them on different paths, but now ten years later and can things be as they once where or has to much happened. This story is full of action, mystery, intrigue, romance and passion. Will Rick and Emily be able to fight for what they once had or has to much time gone by. An exciting story.
Rachel Kennedy
Apr 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A second chance for Rick and Emily. She doesn't want to end up heart broken again so will she give him a chance. He is trying to protect her, but as he becomes overbearing and bossy will he just push her away?

A great read, am hoping there will be more books to follow on from this one!

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for a voluntary and honest review.
Karen Lovvorn
Apr 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Easy fun read with just the right amount of intrigue. They’ve loved each other since they were kids and wouldn’t edit it . Years later, it’s time to claim the woman who’s always had his heart. She just needs to accept it!
Kristen
Apr 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a good read. Honestly I finished it in one day. I love how Rick new right away that Emily was the one for him. I also couldn’t blame Emily for being wary due to their history. I honestly cannot wait for Jack and Vanessa.
Brandy Freeman
Mar 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Five stars is not enough for this book!
Lea does an amazing job creating this story and drawing you in like you are a part of the story.

This story consists of
An alpha SEAL with a streak of stubbornness beyond belief, but a heart of gold, love and dedication.
Em, well she's just as stubborn and challenging as the SEAL, while scared and independent
Melissa Parnell
Apr 06, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story had a little bit of everything and it had me loving every minute of reading it. This is a new to me author and I look forward to reading more from them. This story had suspense and humor and lots of heart. I was completely pulled into this story and could not put it down.
Jenny
Apr 13, 2020 added it
DNF

I had a hard time getting past the slang. It read like a stereotype of what tv tells us people in the south talk like (think Andy Griffith or Dukes of Hazzard). I think a compelling story was lost because of this.
Amy Bradley
Apr 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story! Love the romance between Rick and Emily! ❤️
Lea Hart always delivers a great book! I am excited to read the next book in The Blakely Brothers series!
Teresa
Mar 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
**I received a copy of A Whole Lotta Trouble from Entangled Publishing and Net Galley in exchange for a honest review**

A Whole Lotta Trouble by Lea Hart was truly enjoyable as I have never read Lea Hart stories so I have a new author to read now.

Emily Conner has returned home as a mobile vet service she knows that impressing the owners of Blakely Ranch will be a huge contract. Even though Rick Blakely is home again after serving as a SEAL maybe she can put their past to rest. They were the ones
Clarisol
Elizabeth
Aug 05, 2020
Lana Smith
Jun 06, 2020

• The Savage Sinner (A Series of Savage Gentlemen, #2)
  • Take Me To Bed: Bedtime Quickies Collection
  • Hello Forever (Hello Goodbye, #2)
  • Fastest Girl in Town
  • El Pecador (Saint-Sinner, #2)
  • Stone Princess (Tin Gypsy, #3)
  • Hooked On You
  • Send Me Crazy (Hot in the City #1)
  • Chicks, Man
  • The Mercenary's Daughter
  • Truth In The Lie (The Leonidas Corporation #2)
  • Nixon (Raleigh Raptors #1)
  • Grinded (The Invincibles #3)
  • Ride For Me (The North Shore Crew, #1)
  • Mr. Fixer Upper
  • Cedric (Savage Kings MC, #12)
  • El Santo (Saint-Sinner, #1)
  • The Trade (The Brentwood Boys, #4)
I live in Southern California and write stories about sassy, smart women and the alpha men who fall for them.
When I'm not writing, I take care of my daughter and try to take long walks.
I believe in the power of a big glass of wine, the right pair of shoes, and a large dose of sarcasm.

News & Interviews