Start by marking “Star Fire (Stars End, #1)” as Want to Read:
Star Fire (Stars End, #1)

Star Fire

(Stars End #1)

The ship comes from nowhere...

A Commune fleet launches a surprise assault against an Alliance space station near the edge of the galaxy. Caught off-guard by the attack, a veteran pilot organizes a last-ditch effort to save the station, until he’s interrupted by an unexpected new threat.

Unidentified....

It appears through a storm of fire, its shields impenetrable, its w
Published October 15th 2019 by Quirky Algorithms

To ask other readers questions about Star Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Star Fire

Start your review of Star Fire (Stars End, #1)
Tiuri
Oct 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
Amazing start of a new series with some familiar and some new concepts. The author always manages to create some bigger-than-life characters that are still realistic and likeable and this book is no exception. Lots of action and both ground and space battles. Unexpected heroes and a few sad losses. I can't wait for the sequel! ...more
John McDougal
Oct 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Starts slow. Picks up at the end.
Ben
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
No meat to the plot... like reading half a story and then wanting you to buy the next one to get any type of satisfaction.
Larry B Gray
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great Adventure

Non stop action will keep you glued to the book. Great storyline and characters make for a awesome read. I really liked this book.
Colin
Mar 18, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 1-rmbauthor
I wasn't sure at the beginning of the book how the story would progress but after a slow start, the story was very enjoyable.

Grayson Stone is the Commander of a Skirmisher who clearly has a heroes past he is not keen to advertise. Serving his time in an out of the way planetary system with the Alliance navy, he becomes embroiled in an attack by the Commune, but finds that it is really an alien fleet that is invading and they are not friendly.

Working with a Commune officer he helps to fight back
Randall Medlin
Apr 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fast, enjoyable sci-fi book. Characters were well done, story ramped up and moved at a good pace. Plenty of room left in the back story to develop in future books. A bit of a cliff hanger ending, but main story was completed. I will continue the series.
Jerry Mercer
Great Story

This book had an interesting plot, using advanced technology and old fashioned Braden and grit. The characters are realistic and the descriptions are well-written. Forbes turns out to be a good writer.
Keith
Jun 23, 2020 rated it liked it
Rather Violent

The storyline has lots of extreme warfare and conflict, with two rivals forced by situation to cooperate and each independently unwilling. The writing is decent sci-fi with a focus on military constructs.
Mr A Bisson
Aug 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A title that is very worthy of the content of this epic story.

Having not read the preceding stories this is definitely a book which would encourage you to go back to the 1st story even though they are all stand alone books.
Kl200
Apr 22, 2021 rated it did not like it
why is this turkey so highly rated here? Uninteresting with no hint of suspense. The description and the cover do not indicate this is about two guys running around in the jungle, as is the case here.
gordon wilson and sandra wilson
Technologically advanced aliens chase humanity.

Builds up to a exciting conclusion. Plenty of high tech and outer space descriptions with alien species and technology. Human endurance on the run from invading hostile aliens.
Grady
Jun 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A good sci-fi war read

Humanity is at war and a old hero is almost ready to retire but then an alien ship shows up and a new battle ison.
s marshall
Aug 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An excellent read

I wasn't sure when i started the book but the plot turned out to be excellent the story line was very engaging and was difficult to put down
Kimberly Sparks
Aug 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good read...

Good read I really enjoyed this book and will continue to the next book in this series! I like the characters too.
Ian
Aug 30, 2020 rated it liked it
This book definitely picks up about half way. I quite liked it but don't really have much to say about it. ...more
Gary Weaver
Jan 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Good read

Fun easy read. Good story, makes you want to get the next book. Fun to read fast to get through.
Amanda Markham
Mar 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
I'll make no secret of this: I read just about everything MR Forbes puts out.

Whilst the Forgotten Earth saga and Hayden Duke are my faves, Stars End marks a leap into a new universe for me. I wasn't disappointed.

Rather than rehashing the plot, I'll tell you what worked for me.

Navy pilot Grayson Stone is a middle aged dude with a family he loves. He's ticking off the years until retirement in an outpost of the galaxy where not much happens. He loves his wife and kids. He has a past he's hidden. H
Glenn
Jul 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Starting a Star Fire

Captivating beginning of man’s first encounter with an alien race which threatens mankind’s very existence. Odin Longknife leads a charmed existence in the twilight of his career as the master Astro is challenged to battle the aliens and his sworn human enemy in responding to the unknown threat. Looking forward to the next installment!
Dawn Ross
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Star Fire by M.R. Forbes is a non-stop action-packed adventure. From a space battle to planetside combat, one pilot stands against a formidable alien foe. The escapade begins in chapter 2 and continues all the way to the end. You’ll fly through the chapters and crash land into this epic story.

Alliance Navy Commander Grayson Stone thought his assignment at a faraway space station orbiting a boring mining planet was the safest way to serve before he retired. He was wrong.

He and his mesh-partner Jo
Bill Brinkley
Mar 03, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: scifi
It was a slow start but after that it was really good ride. I enjoyed the conflict between the major characters. I'm not sure I'll read the next book though. I recommend this book. ...more
Jason
Feb 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a good science fiction read. A little cliche if you looked at the story from a high level, but had some good combat and tech in it. I enjoyed the read and bought the next one too.
Daniel Wilcox
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Futuristic, suspenseful first half, weaker, typical warrior-type fighting, second half

Because the amazing first 100 pages hurls the reader into a futuristic, scifi-tec, with convincing characters. And the novel has unexpected turns with nail-biting suspense, believable aliens, and good heroic themes.
Noodle The Naughty Night Owl
9/10: Fantastic, left me wanting more.

It hurts to be so damn wrong.

I was a bit slow to start this one. Part of that was because I wanted more of the series to be out so I could binge read. But some of it was because I just didn't think I was in the right frame of mind after not being able to complete Damnation.

I shouldn't have worried at all.

This was good. So good. From the very first page, it grabbed my attention and would not let go. Old school Forbes. The best storyteller in this genre and he
Patiscynical
Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
A lot of adventure for 99 cents

I'd never read anything by this author before, and when I saw that the book price was so low I didn't expect much. But I was pleasantly surprised, as this is a very interesting story.
The Alliance versus the Commune. A war they've been fighting for years, mortal enemies. And then a seemingly unstoppable alien force enters the picture and everything changes.
Results: an enjoyable book, with interesting characters, and futuristic tech. Of course, there is a cliffhange
Phil Edmondson
Feb 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Enough..

Of a hook for me to try book two. I need to learn more about Odin Longknife and what secrets he holds. Rozik as well. Then there's the alien menace. Off I go to find out.
Thomas James
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Couldn't Put it Down

(Star Wars + Star Trek + Wagon Train +Red Baron) x π
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- = Star Fire
{4 x ∆} 8%
Louise
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Full of fire

A new book from one of my favourite authors; M. R. Forbes once again takes us to planets we believe in, characters to root for and a plot full of excitement.
Gray, a supposed washed up skirmisher pilot, finds himself in the thick of it. Having to draw on legends told about him to save people relying on him; driven by love, loss and an inibility to lose, he teams up with an unlikely companion to try and overcome unlikely alien odds.
This first book in the series is an exciting opener,
Sam G.C.
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
New modern pulp scifi action is so cool

I really like this guy. Writes faster than I can read, and writes stories to be readed for the joy and the fun of the ride. Needs to work a little more in his femenine characters and inclusion, meaning more girls participating in the main plot till the end.
Lora Boe
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another thrilling series begins

A real page turner. Fast paced with lots of action and mystery. Can't wait for the next book, partly because I have trouble finding authors near as good.
Justin Redman
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Forbes has another winner

This is a great space opera. The characters and their interaction is so well done as usual for Forbes. The action between deadly enemies and almost friendship makes for a great storyline. Just need the next book
ASAP seriously this is a page turner

• Fatal Fringe (Ether War, #1)
  • Ashes of the Past (Ether War #2)
  • Forsaken (Ether War #3)
  • Last Sentinel (Ether War #5)
  • Deception (Ether War #4)
  • Conflict Zone (Ether War #6)
  • Shifting Power (Ether War, #8)
  • Doom Protocol (Ether War, #7)
  • Banishment (The Forgotten Empire, #1)
  • Desperate Times (Ether War, #9)
  • Lost Mission (Oblivion Book 1)
  • Countdown (Ether War, #10)
  • The Contingency (The Contingency War, #1)
  • Mother Ship
  • Galactar (Savage Stars Book 3)
  • Earth Ascendant (The Forgotten Empire, #2)
  • Guardian Outcast (Star Scavengers, #1)
  • Fulcrum Gun (Savage Stars Book 4)
M.R. Forbes is the author of a growing number of science-fiction series including Rebellion, War Eternal, Chaos of the Covenant, Stars End, and the Forgotten novels. Having spent his childhood trying to read every sci-fi novel he could find (and write his own too), play every sci-fi video game he could get his hands on, and see every sci-fi movie that made it into the theater, he has a true love o ...more

Stars End (4 books)
  • Star Kill (Stars End, #2)
  • Star Rage (Stars End #3)
  • Star Fall (Stars End #4)