Start by marking “Burning Bright: Rituals, Reiki, and Self-Care to Heal Burnout, Anxiety, and Stress” as Want to Read:

Reclaim your energy, transcend burnout, beat anxiety, and step into your own power with inspiration, energy techniques, and simple rituals from a Reiki healer to the stars.

Whether it's burnout, anxiety, fear, or grief, everybody knows what it's like to feel overwhelmed. From college students to young professionals to parents, people feel paralyzed but rushed, inert but fra
Published April 28th 2020 by Harmony

To ask other readers questions about Burning Bright, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Burning Bright

Start your review of Burning Bright: Rituals, Reiki, and Self-Care to Heal Burnout, Anxiety, and Stress
Kristine
Apr 28, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: amazon-reviewed
Burning Bright by Kelsey Patel is a free NetGalley ebook that I read in early April.

Haaa, how did I know in early March when I requested this book that I would be in deep need of this book’s offerings today (early April)? Confounding, I tell ya - yet, not so confoundingly deep as the introspection involved in each chapter, i.e. addressing fears and stress through self-analysis, giving in to baser instincts, not letting guilt get in the way of your happiness, and realigning your view of pain from
Molly Ganley
Feb 22, 2021 rated it really liked it
This book was validating, inspiring, and loving. I appreciated Kelsey's guidance and personal stories, and I learned a lot of great strategies for healing burnout and the reasons behind why they work. ...more
Dana
Jun 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-to-review
I was set to review this book at the time when the pandemic and protests hit America and my stress levels were at an all time high. I’m a seasoned meditator but was still feeling the affects of everything. My schedule being off and feeling hopeless about all the hurt in the world had my head swimming. I felt like I needed and had to do and be more. This book put what I was feeling into perspective and offered help:

“When you have burnout, it always feels like there is more to do and more, more, m
Danielle
Jun 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Burning Bright by Kelsey J. Patel is a heartfelt guide to dealing with the burnout and stress that's all too common in our fast-paced lives today. The book offers a number of exercises to get better in tune with yourself and see holistic changes for the better There are journal prompts as well as hands-on ideas to bring healing energy back into your life and burn bright with that instead of being burnt out.
The book is perfect for those who believe in ancient philosophy, new-age ideas, and are a
Lisa Keebler
Apr 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
I absolutely loved this book! Burning Bright is the most spiritual self-help book I have read thus far. I enjoyed the author's personal antidotes and stories from her friends/clients, as well as the relatable examples given of common barriers we all face in regards to burn out. I work in behavioral sciences and see coworkers of mine burning out every month. This book is an especially great resource to those who work in a healthcare/social services setting as burn out is so common. I highlighted ...more
janne Boswell
Apr 18, 2020 rated it liked it
Interesting. I thought the book was well written and offered practical advice. The Author offered numerous ideas and ways to focus on 'self care.' She also discussed negative thought patterns and how these can be indentified and used to fuel a 'renewed surge of energy and light." I am not familiar with Reiki techniques and by her description, I do not think I could do these techniques at home. But, I found the other information in the book interesting and helpful.
Emma
Apr 21, 2020 rated it it was ok
This book did not work for me. The author seemed to be trying to do a lot. It kind of came across as being all over the place. It was a book about reiki but there was a very small part of the book dedicated to reiki. I also felt that while the author was trying to be conversational by adding terms of endearment they often came across as condescending.

What I did enjoy about the book was the acknowledgement that there are multiple aspects to illness including the body, mind and spirit. There was a
Mandy Hazen
Jun 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
So so beautifully written and step by step instructions on how to lay out all the steps to do any of the suggestions in the comfort of your home. This author just truly spoke to me and I just was so inspired. Reiki is so powerful and I was so impacted by this book. Strongly recommend. Lots of amazing tips and tricks and suggestions in here. I received an advance review copy for free, and I am leaving this review voluntarily.
Kirsten
Jun 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! I heard about it from Elise Joan’s Instagram Live interview with Kelsey. I was, and am currently, in a transition from a dark time to a light time in my life. This book has helped me begin to heal so many things and I cherish that I was able to have it in my life when I needed the healing the most!
Denise
Mar 10, 2021 rated it really liked it
Provided a lot of ideas on how to handle anxiety and stress in a fun way.
Becca
Jul 30, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5 stars, just not quite 4. Decent book with some good ideas, some of it was just a bit out of scope for me.
H
Nov 12, 2020 rated it liked it
Kelsey discussed various interesting ways to take care of yourself. I learned a little about Reiki too.
Jennie Lyn
Feb 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Just what I needed! Lots of practical activities to get you started.
Lau
Jun 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lightness in every page

Burning Bright is filled with information, self-care routines and rituals to connect back to your light that’s within you. I loved the Reiki rituals she mentions anyone can literally practice them!
Janet
Apr 29, 2020
Carmilla
Aug 03, 2020
Soup
rated it did not like it
Apr 02, 2020

• Happy & You Know It
  • The Witches Are Coming
  • The Knockout Queen
  • The Buddha and the Badass: The Secret Spiritual Art of Succeeding at Work
  • The Everyday Ayurveda Guide to Self-Care: Rhythms, Routines, and Home Remedies for Natural Healing
  • The Wife Stalker
  • Not That Kind of Girl: A Young Woman Tells You What She's "Learned"
  • The Lost and Found Bookshop
  • Pure Invention: How Japan's Pop Culture Conquered the World
  • Pagan Portals - Persephone: Practicing the Art of Personal Power
  • The Earth Prescription: Grounding Rituals for Every Season
  • Secrets of Crystals
  • Party of Two (The Wedding Date, #5)
  • The Liar's Wife