Start by marking “Rifts & Refrains (Hush Note, #2)” as Want to Read:
Rifts & Refrains (Hush Note, #2)

Rifts & Refrains

(Hush Note #2)

From the moment Quinn Montgomery sat behind her first snare and cymbal set, she was destined for fame and glory. As Hush Note’s infamous female drummer, she sets the rhythm for the band’s chart-toppings hits. When people tap their feet to their music, it’s to her pulse.

Quinn is content to live in a world away from her family and the cage of her youth. Her only regret is le
Published September 29th 2020 by Devney Perry LLC

To ask other readers questions about Rifts & Refrains, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rifts & Refrains

Start your review of Rifts & Refrains (Hush Note, #2)
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
2e0pm6g
devney

'RIFTS AND REFRAINS' by Devney Perry is the second full length book in the Hush Notes series which is a rock star romance, each written by a different Author, each centered on a band member in Hush Notes. But can easily be read as complete stand-alones.

This wrung so many emotions out of me, a family severed down the middle, their family values and dynamics coming into play admittedly had me more than tearing up in a few places, a much loved one passing, an ex, and a rock star finding her
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Sep 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Heart strumming plot, Melodic narration, adventurous spirit, These are the base on which Devney so beautifully plays the entire musical story.
Who is Quinn Montgomery?
Drummer? Writer? Token female? Bitch?

description

She's just a girl who ran from the small box she was being forced to stuff her large artistic personality into. This beautiful Canary wanted to fly high and sing to her hearts content, but circumstances were caging her creativity and clipping her feathers.
So she ran..and ran..and ran, till
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
<3 4,5-5 stars <3

I loved it!Devney Perry delivers an emotional, heartwarming and sweet!Such a great story, it touch me so much, I find it intense!I absolutely adored Quinn and Graham, I couldn't get enough of them .
This has everything I wanted and even more.It has a second chance romance,a single dad , a rock star and first love!Did I need to say more??

This book was fantastic, I read it in one sitting.If you are looking for a heartwarming story this is perfect!

Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
4.5 STARS

I'm a sucker for a second chance romance, and no one delivers on those feels quite like Devney Perry.

A refreshingly different take on the rockstar second chance, Quinn and Graham's story stole my heart. Unlike the typical rockstar books
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
4.5 'Love Always' Stars!
ARC provided via Valentine PR in exchange for an honest review.

An angsty second-chance romance from the amazing Devney Perry becomes the perfect continuation of Hush Note’s adventures! Just a few days ago I fell in love with this band through Lies & Lullabies so I was more than ready to read Quinn’s story, especially after seeing her rude-ish behavior in the first book (I was more than curious to know how Devney would develop the perfect love story for the infamous female
TJ *Book Twins Reviews*
Sep 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rock-stars
A new favorite from a favorite author!

Rifts and Refrains is a stunning novel about loss, forgiveness, and finding your way back home. I was completely blown away by Quinn and Graham's story! Their rich history, family dynamic, and past hurts were so gut wrenching. The emotional aspect of the story had me on the edge of my seat throughout the novel. My pulse raced and heart pounded! It's such an amazing emotional read. I straight up read through tears during some parts of the story. My poor hear
Carvanz
This book totally rocked my every emotion!

Image may contain: 1 person, playing a musical instrument

I’m not a huge fan of rock stars in romance so I was uncertain how I’d respond to Quinn. I shouldn’t have worried because once more Ms. Perry showed me she knows how to make me love elements, and in this case, characters, that I would normally avoid. As the story unfolded, so did my understanding of Quinn and I just wanted to wrap her in love and give her what she had been missing for so long.

hammer - Backyard Missionary

Initially, I was a bit ticked off with the hero, Graham. Howe
Jessica Alcazar
Meet Quinn and the Hush Notes!
AVAILABLE NOW
Amazon | iBooks | Kobo | Nook

Back in May of this year I read my very first Devney Perry book and I haven’t looked back since. This woman has talent. She has a way of reaching into your soul and squeezing tight while at the same time showering you in hope. #WordWizardry. I haven’t yet read every book she has ever published, but I am confident in my assessment. She is magic.

Once again, I have to tell you that I cried a lot. There’s a depth of emotion th
Lauren
Sep 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance

“Maybe our melody hadn’t come easily. There’d been times when out rhythm had been out of sync, none of it mattered. Because our beauty was in the refrain.”

Dare I say I have a new favourite Devney Perry book?? I have read every single one of her books and I have to say this one takes the cake.

Drummer for the hit rock band Hush Note, Quinn returns home to Montana for the first time in 9 years following the death of her Nan and is left to face her family who struggled to understand h
Bookgasms Book Blog
Sep 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: missy, shelly
If I wasn't sure I was in love with Hush Note before? Color me smitten, now.

Oh, how I loved this emotional second-chance love story.

Quinn was a tough sell for me at first. If you've read Lies & Lullabies (and really, you should), you'll know that her character required a bit of redeeming. She was prickly and closed-off and difficult to like. In Rifts & Refrains we get the rest of the story - and the more vulnerable side of Quinn. And y'all? I am here for this story.

Guh! It was so good! It was
Elizabeth
Sep 30, 2020 marked it as nope-nope-nope
Heroine has lousy sex one time in nine years. Over it! Also can I just laugh that of course a female rock star is celibate and untouched while male ones are manwhores. The double standards are ridiculous.

What is the aversion female authors have with allowing their heroines to have at minimum satisfactory sex with someone who is not the hero? Its so annoying at this point, and I am just getting turned off to the romance genre as a whole. I dont even remember the last time I read a great romance b
MarvelUsReads
Oct 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

Infectious characters, consuming chemistry, raw emotions, Rifts and Refrains enticed us until the very end. As shocking news draws her home, Quinn ends up confronting past heartache. Vowing to fulfill a final request and leave, things prove to be more complicated than she had initially anticipated. As she surrenders her heart to her first love, regrets are bared, love reignited, but fear still looms. A beautifully written story about remorse, family, and making amends.

www.marvelusreads.
Syndi
Oct 10, 2020 rated it it was ok
Not Miss Perry best work. I used to like her work very much. I always been waiting for her new book. Waiting for her to give me that sweet, swoon, romance story. But lately her books become mediocre for me.

Rifts and Refrians is a second change romance. The idea is promising but the execution is dry. I feel she recyle some of second chance romance out there and presenting this book. Nothing new. The conclusion is rush.

I try to find something that I like in this book. Finding none.

2 stars
Jennifer Kyle
Oct 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Well done ⭐️
Izzie d
Sep 30, 2020 rated it liked it
Curlyhairlass19
Sep 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 stars for Rifts and Refrains!

I know I say this with each release, but this truly maybe my fave Devney book to date! Quinn and Graham’s story was angsty, passionate and full of history! I love second chance romances and this one had so much more than that. This dealt with painful past goodbyes and forgiveness in the present. Quinn not only broke her boyfriend, Graham’s heart when she left at 18 to pursue her music dreams, but her whole family.

This story was full of emotional depth, angst, and
Nadene  (Totally Addicted to Reading)
I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.I had no idea at the time of accepting Rifts and Refrain for review that it was part of a series written by different authors. The good thing though, I had no issues with following the story as it can stand on its own. Each book in the series focuses on a different band member, making me desirous of picking up the other books in the series.

Rifts and Refrain give
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
Spoilers ahead, 3.5*

Book 2 in an interconnected series I guess

Quinn is the female drummer for rock band Hush Note, when her beloved grandmother dies her mom asks her to come home for the first time in 9 years. Unfortunately waiting for her at the airport is the boy who's heart she broke and who broke hers

Graham has tried his best not to think about Quinn since she left town and broke up with him. He's content in his hometown with his business, his family and his son. Seeing Quinn however, makes
AJ
5 stars!

Devney Perry delivers again with a beautifully emotional second-chance-romance, and a story of love, family, and coming home.

This is the second book in the Hush Note series. Each of these books stand alone, but tie together as members of rock band, Hush Note, have their stories told by three different authors. The first, Lies & Lullabies by Sarina Bowen, and the third, Muses & Melodies, by Rebeca Yarros.

This is the story of Hush Note drummer, Quinn, who is returning to her home town in M
Wil Loves Books!
Oct 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020, audiobook, on-kindle
I loved Riffs and Refrains! Devney Perry's book is the second one of this series of interconnected standalone that narrate the story of the members of the band Hush Note. The first one Lies & Lullabies by Sarina Bowen was a little bit of a let down, but Riffs to me was definitely a better book. I love second chance romances, especially in a small town setting. Quinn and Graham's story is beautiful and full of feels and I was totally hooked from beginning to end. I totally loved that the heroine ...more
Michele
Sep 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: priority, con-rom, 0920
See the full review & more at HarlequinJunkie -- An HJ Top Pick!!

Devney Perry never ceases to amaze me. And her dynamic contribution to the Hush Note trilogy, Rifts and Refrains, truly hit all my sweet spots, all in one story: a second chance, single dad, rock star romance, some family tension–and it even had a small town feel to it.

I am absolutely in love with Quinn and Graham–and how perfect they were for each other. So much so that I hated to put this book down and of course I was sad to see
Catherine Cowles
I completely devoured this book! I'm talking, ignore the things I should be doing and stayed up too late because I could not get enough of Quinn and Graham. Devney Perry weaves a story that is both soulful and sexy. A second chance romance that goes beyond the scorching chemistry and heart-aching what-ifs. This story touches on family and faith and what home really means. One of my top reads of the year!
Susan (susayq ~)
This was so good! I loved Graham and Quinn, even though their story broke my heart. I definitely need to go back and read Jonas's story and I can not wait to read about Nixon. This was good!
Wendy ⏃: ✦Cheeky Chicks Blogger✦
5 STARS!

NOW LIVE!
Pics-Art-09-29-06-02-06

"Maybe our melody hadn’t come easily. There’d been times when our rhythm had been out of sync. None of it mattered. Because our beauty was in the refrain."

Rifts & Refrains by Devney Perry was just all the FREAKING FEELS!! This book had the perfect balance of angst and swoon that I LOVE! Gah, did this story hurt, but just as many tears as it caused it also warmed my soul.

Quinn Montgomery receives some devastating news that changes her life over night. Now after nine y
Gretchen  (About That Story)
This was an absolutely beautiful, heartfelt story filled with so much healing and growth. I was caught up in all the emotion as everything was learned and Quinn and Graham reconnected. It consumed me and I loved it all.

I loved learning about Quinn and Graham and their history together. Quinn seemed a bit broken with walls up but I loved her determination to move forward. Graham was so sweet, I loved him with his son and working through his feelings for Quinn. Them reconnecting was angst-filled a
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Sep 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
description

4.5 Stars

‘You were supposed to let go when your first love ended. You were supposed to look at the past and smile at the memory. You weren’t supposed to hold it so close that it wound into your very existence, making every moment impossible to forget.’

You know what? Rifts & Refrains might just be one of our favourite books by this author to date. Devney Perry takes the small town second chance romance theme she does so perfectly and infuses it beautifully with the single Dad and rock star trope,
The Romantic Rush Blog
Devney Perry never disappoints- but even so, Rifts and Refains was a surprise treat. I’m pretty convinced that Devney can take any trope and give it her magical touch- the captivating, sincere, emotional, and intimate storytelling that makes her books so emotionally resonant, and thoughtful and profound.

This novel is about rifts- the distance between people, the loss and pain that comes with estrangement, being alienated not only from loved ones and your home but also from your former self. Quin
Elle's Book Blog
My Rating: 5 Stars
Tropes: Second Chance Romance | Rock Star Romance

Is it a surprise that Devney Perry wrote another 5-star, amazing read? Nope. She continuously does so. Why? Because she has a special talent when it comes to bringing her characters to life and capturing every single emotion within their lives. So, before I go on, remember this: YOU CAN NEVER GO WRONG WITH A DEVNEY PERRY NOVEL. It doesn’t matter if she writes romantic suspense, small town, or rock star romances. She nails
Steph's Romance Book Talk
4.5 Stars / 3 Steam Fans

CW: Difference of Religious Beliefs, Grief, Small Town Politics

Video review available in Week 41: Oct 4 – Oct 10 weekly book reviews.

For other video book reviews, check out my YouTube Channel: Steph's Romance Book Talk.
Amy
Sep 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Rifts and Refrains is the second book in the Hush Note Series and it follows the story of Graham and Quinn. From the moment I met Quinn, I was absolutely intrigued with her. Quinn is the famous female drummer for Hush Note. She’s living the dream, but a part of her is missing. She left home at the bright age of 18 and never looked back. But, there’s more to her story than meets the eyes. When a family tragedy pulls Quinn home, Quinn is faced with the past she left behind. Will time be able to me ...more

• The Bribe (Calamity Montana #1)
  • The Reality of Everything (Flight & Glory, #5)
  • Perfect Wreckage (Wrecked #2)
  • Only One Kiss (Only One, #1)
  • Restrained (The Sterlings, #3)
  • Flirting with 40
  • Kings Rising (Captive Prince, #3)
  • The Devil's Crown: Part 1
  • The Anti-Boyfriend
  • Dark Fairy Tales
  • Mine to Hold (Mine, #3)
  • Filthy English (English, #2)
  • Where Dreams Descend (Kingdom of Cards, #1)
  • Fable (Fable, #1)
  • The Girl with the Louding Voice
  • Superfan (Brooklyn, #3)
  • An Unlikely Amish Match (Indiana Amish Brides #5)
  • The Borgia Confessions
Devney is the USA Today bestselling author of the Jamison Valley series. Born and raised in Montana, she loves writing books set in her treasured home state. After working in the technology industry for nearly a decade, she abandoned conference calls and project schedules to enjoy a slower pace at home with her husband and two sons. Writing one book, let alone many, was not something she ever expe ...more

Hush Note (3 books)
  • Lies & Lullabies (Hush Note, #1)
  • Muses & Melodies (Hush Note, #3)