Start by marking “Lies & Lullabies (Hush Note, #1)” as Want to Read:
Lies & Lullabies (Hush Note, #1)

Lies & Lullabies

(Hush Note #1)

Summer nights and star-crossed lovers! From USA Today bestselling author Sarina Bowen.

Once upon a time, he gave me a summer of friendship, followed by one perfect night. We shared a lot during our short time together. But he skipped a few crucial details.

I didn’t know he was a rock star.

I didn’t know his real name.

Neither of us knew I’d get pregnant.

And I sure never expect
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 278 pages
Published September 22nd 2020 by Tuxbury Publishing LLC

Start your review of Lies & Lullabies (Hush Note, #1)
Giorgia ~ Reads
I wouldn't give this 2 stars were it not for my generous spirit lol

This book was a waste of time and I'll tell you why:

- It was boring AF!

- The characters were beyond bland and on occasion stereotypical and plain stupid.

- There was no plot to speak of. Nothing really happened, even the secret child trope was somehow underwhelming, and that's one of the angstiest tropes around.

- The side characters were annoying and one dimensional and I'm not curious to read their books. They sound like childre
Christy
Sep 06, 2020 rated it liked it
3-3.5 stars

38A3B38A_9312_4515_9688_2E6E38972AA0_IMG_8332

I love Sarina Bowen's writing and was so excited to read a rockstar romance from her. While I liked this one a lot, there were some things I didn't love. Most of it is my own fault because I like to go into books by my favorites blind and I didn't read the synopsis, but here we are. This is one of those troupes that just almost never work for me so this is very much a ‘me’ thing and not necessarily the book. This one was good for me, but not a favorite.

Kira and Jonas spend one in
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
3 STARS
He’d been a charming diversion with enormous consequences.

I am a sucker for a second chance romance. I live for it. The angst. The emotion. All of the feels. Now it's been a hot minute since I've read a Sarina Bowen book and I was so excited to get my hands on this one. This trope is my book crack so I was so here for it.

Kira and Jonas spent one unforgettable summer together. They were both in a place where they were looking for a connection and were a little lost. They gave e
Stacey is Sassy
A Rockstar Prince Charming…

I am absolutely loving the way audiobooks have evolved.

HE SANG TO ME!

It’s hard to explain but it feels like there is more of a personal touch/emotional connection when the narrators do more than just read the story to me. In Lies & Lullabies, Tim Paige and Erin Mallon are Jonas and Kiri. I felt the emotional connection between the characters, and I ‘saw’ them as they were meant to be seen, vulnerabilities and all.

My heart broke for Kiri as she dealt with the aft
Elle Kennedy

Now live from Sarina Bowen: Lies & Lullabies!

✔️ Star-crossed lovers, ✔️ Secrets and lies, ✔️ Angsty second chances, ✔️Hot rock star

Get yours now: Amazon | Apple | Kobo | Nook | Google | Audio

✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

Kira and Jonas.

Five years ago - for one amazing summer - they were best friends and so much more.

He was the undercover rock star in town to find a little peace and to write some music.

She was the 20 year old college girl with dreams of opening her own restaurant.

His last night in town produced little Vivi.

A baby he never found out about.

And now he's back!

LET THE FUN TIMES BEGIN!!

══════════════════

ADORABLE!

What can I say? I'm a Sarina Bowen Junkie. I just adore everything she writes.

And I loved
bruna
Sep 25, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2020
"You’re it for me, Kira. No matter where I go, I’ll always come back to you".

I don’t have much to say about this book because I barely paid any attention to it. The plot had a lot of potential, but the execution was just... bad. The story was all over the place, especially the beginning when Jonas (H) and Kira (h) were remembering the summer they spent together. The transitions between past/present were confusing and not smooth at all, which just annoyed me.

Besides that, it was impossible f
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
Spoilers ahead

Omfg!!! 😂😂😂😂

Ok ok, adult review now

I'm sorry I can't

😂😂😂😂😂😂

WTF!??!?

Ok so the H convinced his band mates to come wuuth him to Maine(I think it was Maine I can't remember). He's lost his writing mojo and just wants to recapture the peace and happiness he'd found there 5 years before. He once again runs into the girl he couldn't forget, not even so many years later

The h is in town to visit her father with her brother and daughter, she's stunned to see the only man she's ever loved and
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
3.5 'My only Sweetness' Stars!
ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

A sugary sweet start to the Hush Note series! I’ve been waiting for these books ever since I saw the authors announced it in social media. Yes, I said authors because this series is multi-authored and the writers participating are surely top notch. Sarina Bowen starts introducing the characters, their backgrounds, their friendship, their love for music and, in this case, the emotional love story between a r
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth

THEMES & TROPES: Second Chance, Secret Baby, Surprise Pregnancy
RATING: 3.5 STARS
CLIFFHANGER: No

READ MY REVIEW ON THE BLOG

The Hush Note series is a collab by Sarina Bowen, Devney Perry and Rebecca Yarros, three authors who each in their own right are highly esteemed and write wonderful stories. Each book in this series is about a member of the rockband Hush Note and it
Antonella

I just...
I mean...
This book...

WTF!!!

There is NOTHING I liked about this book...
oh, I'm lying cover isn't too bad...

This book is second chance romance, with accidental pregnancy and secret baby trope ALL THOSE THINGS mean one thing- ANGST & charged with emotions book...
There is nothing of that here... except a lot of flatness...

so so disappointed!!!

I already own book two but considering that book is about the character that was horrible in this book I am questioning that decision...
Sabrina
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

I love Sarina Bowen's writing and I always fall in love with her characters very easily so I was excited to start this book. Lies & Lullabies is the first in the Hush Note series, a multi-author project that will continue with books by Devney Perry and Rebecca Yarros. It did a great job of getting me invested in the characters and I'm looking forward to reading more from this band. I also really hope we'll be seeing more of Kira's brother in the future.

Jonas and Ki
Wendy'sThoughts
Apr 09, 2020 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Sarina Bowen Fan, Romance
3.5 Finding The Real You Stars
* * * 1/2 Spoiler Free
Writing about tricky subjects can be challenging. There is so much that can go into how to approach them, how your audience receives the storyline, and whether the readers will embrace the path you took for the characters.

Also, a huge factor is the subjective nature of reading itself. What may work for one group, may not for the other due to their own past experiences, etc.

Sarina Bowen has never shied away from anything she has attempted.
Her
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)

Audiobook Review

By all accounts, this ought to have been a home run. I have a huge soft spot in my heart for single parent romances, and it is very rare for me to not love a Sarina Bowen book. I’m bummed because while Lies and Lullabies is nice, the book lacks the luster I expected.

The story has an air of innocence about it, which is unexpected in a rock star romance and kind of wonderful. However, it veers towards cheesiness at times. Perhaps I just needed to take an anti-curmudgeon pi
Carmen Rae
I have a confession. I hate rock star romances. I avoid them more often than not. So when I saw this book and jumped to read it I had no idea it was about a band. All I knew was it was a collaboration between two of my favourite authors and I had to have it. Then I read the blurb and got nervous.

I should have known better. If anyone could make me love something it's Sarina Bowen. Luckily for me she isn't running a cult or I'd be there with my head shaved ready to go. As it stands I am so glad I
Elizabeth
Sep 04, 2020 marked it as nope-nope-nope
Another "she is a mom" so she couldnt possibly have sex or date while the rock star gets to have all his fun 🙄
Izzie d
Claudia Fosca Stahl
Lies & Lullabies by Sarina Bowen is the first book in the Hush Note series. One Band. Three love stories. Three authors. Rifts & Refrains and Muses & Melodies, by Devney Perry and Rebecca Yarros, are the second and third books in the series.

Lies & Lullabies is everything you’d expect from Sarina Bowen. A colorful small town in New England, a wonderful storyline, and an amazing cast of characters that will make you swoon, laugh and curse (at least a bit).

Lies & Lullabies is a second chance romanc
Jessica Alcazar
Meet Jonas and the Hush Notes
Summer nights and star-crossed lovers!
AVAILABLE NOW
Amazon | iBooks | Kobo | Nook

I read all three of the Hush Note books back to back to back and in my case, it was the saving grace of this series. What I mean is, Lies & Lullabies was a bit underwhelming for me had I not already had the ARCs for the next books already on my kindle, I might not have read them. I’m a series snob guys. I know this. I can’t just willy-nilly pick up a book here and there out of a series an
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I really enjoyed this book! I didn't really know a lot about this book before I decided to read besides the fact that Sarina Bowen wrote it. Really, that was all I needed to know but I am glad that I went into the book blindly. I will say that this book reminded me of Bountiful in a lot of ways but I did have a great time with the story and these characters. I found this book to be the perfect escape from the world for just a bit.

Jon
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Sep 17, 2020 rated it really liked it

See an EXCERPT on the Blog
description

‘If Maine had lost its magic, it wasn’t the Pine Tree State’s fault. It was my fault. I’d been too stupid to see what was right in front of me.’

Lies and Lullabies by Sarina Bowen is the first instalment in the Hush Notes series which is a rock star romance, each written by a different Author, about a different band member of -you guessed it- the über popular band, Hush Notes. Lies and Lullabies is Jonas’ story, the lead singer, who found himself in the small town of Ne
Lauren
Sep 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
I don't care what any one says i will go to my grave defending the secret baby trope.

“There isn’t anyone else I want, sweetness. You disarm me, the way nobody else can. I don’t know any way to prove it to you. But it’s true.”

Following a summer of becoming close friends and one night become a little more than friends Jonas and Kira go their separate ways, Kira unaware that Jonas is actually a world famous rock star and Jonas unaware that, that one night with Kira left her pregnant with his ch
mila
Sep 22, 2020 rated it it was ok
Based solely on the tropes in the blurb this should have been like my favorite book of the month but it didn't meet my expectations 🤷🏻‍♀️.

In the span of a summer and hidden in the anonymity of a small town Kira and Jonas unexpectedly became friends, but the night before returning to reality, Kira asked him for a favor that he couldn't refuse and that left some living-breath consequences. Five years later they're destined to return to that place to meet once more.

First of all, this wasn't as angs
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Sep 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020

See an EXCERPT on the Blog

Kathleen Lynn
Sep 30, 2020 rated it liked it
Well written but I didn't feel the love between them. If she was not in town the weekend he and his band were then he wouldn't have done jackshit about finding her. That's not love, that's not a soulmate, that's nothing. Disappointed!
Bookgasms Book Blog
Sep 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shelly
This has been one of my most anticipated series in 2020. A rockstar series written by three of my favorites? Automatic must read.

And now I am thrilled to tell you that Sarina Bowen has kicked this series off to a magnificent start. I think there's no story Ms. Bowen couldn't tell, and so it's no surprise that I was drawn into this one immediately, and I had no trouble connecting with Kira and Jonas's sweet, sexy, second chance romance. I loved how easy these two were together, even with all the
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
****AUDIOBOOK REVIEW****

4 SWEETNESS CROWNS

Low angst and sweet, Lies and Lullabies by Sarina Bowen is a great start to this standalone series with Devney Perry and Rebecca Yarros.

Kira and Jonas are quite possibly the cutest couple. Their initial meeting is sweet and their ending poignant. I felt the care they had for each other. Fast forward and the connection is a bit more primal. I enjoy old Jonas as a hero, and I liked Kira as well. They had good chemistry, and I felt their connection was bel
ItaPixie
Sep 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars

There are two person in a small town near a lake, one is a local girl the other a tourist. They see each other every day when the guy goes to her shop to get his dinner, cooked by the girl.
Jonas and Kira, these are their names, start a nice companionship, they talk, they smile and they drink some beers. There is a lot of chemistry and physical attraction between them that will burn on the last day of his vacation.
Will they never see each other again or will fate make them meet again and tie t

Irene Sim
This is such a sweet, no angst story. I read it in one day...

I loved all the characters and can't wait for the next 2 books.
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)
Sep 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-s

Truth time: I don't like rockstar romances. But, when one of your favorite authors writes one, you read it. Lies and Lullabies was a swarm of emotions and so much more than a rockstar romance.

Jonas spent a summer in Nest Lake, Maine and met Kira, a local girl who had returned home from college after a tragedy. However, he didn't tell her who he was-gave her a fake name and all. Now, years later, he is back, trying to find the same peace he found there years ago and gets a shock-he has a da
Turning Pages At ...: Lies & Lullabies (Hush Note #1) by Sarina Bowen 32 29 Oct 12, 2020 06:15AM

• The Bribe (Calamity Montana #1)
  • In a Holidaze
  • Sweet Spot
  • An Unlikely Amish Match (Indiana Amish Brides #5)
  • Kings Rising (Captive Prince, #3)
  • The Girl with the Louding Voice
  • Filthy English (English, #2)
  • An Everyday Hero (Heart of a Hero #2)
  • Fable (Fable, #1)
  • The Borgia Confessions
  • Mine to Hold (Mine, #3)
  • No Perfect Hero (Heroes of Heart’s Edge, #1)
  • Where Dreams Descend (Kingdom of Cards, #1)
  • Secrets of My Heart (Willamette Brides, #1)
  • 100 Days of Sunlight
  • Quarter Miles (Runaway, #3)
  • Scandalous Prince (Mafia Royals, #2)
  • Obsession Mine (Tormentor Mine, #2)
sarina bowen
Sarina Bowen is the sixteen-time USA Today bestselling author of three dozen books, including: the True North series, and the Brooklyn Bruisers. She's the co-author of Him/Us and the WAGs series with Elle Kennedy. She's the author of The Ivy Years series, and more!
Are you looking for a friends-to-lovers story or maybe even a secret baby book? You can read a list of Sarina's books broken out by

Hush Note (3 books)
  • Rifts and Refrains (Hush Note, #2)
  • Muses & Melodies (Hush Note, #3)