Start by marking “The Art of Aching: Vol 1” as Want to Read:
The Art of Aching: Vol 1

The Art of Aching: Vol 1

Kat Savage brings you a short, micro-chapbook packed full of angst and ache. The art of aching, is the way we hide it, behind the smile, behind the eyes.
Published March 26th 2020

To ask other readers questions about The Art of Aching, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Art of Aching

Love.
Grief.
Acceptance.
Emotions.

This collection was just like the title states. Aching. Achingly beautiful, elegant, and sharp.
Keep going, Kat. You're doing a fantastic job, my love.
Maria
Mar 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Are y’all even surprised I gave Kat another 5 stars? You shouldn’t be. This collection made me reminisce on things I lost so many years ago. Every now and again I love remembering the feeling of heartbreak. She nails every single emotion and each poem leaves you a little more breathless than the last. I’m forever grateful she continues to give us more and more of her words.
Lee
Mar 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"I am nothing without ache."

Such powerful words. I really feel that way about myself.

This poetry collection rips my heart out. Because sometimes we just hurt in silence. We lie about our own feelings. We decide not to speak about it. But in return, we get lost and broken.

Daniele
Mar 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The ache is ours, mighty as it is, tiny as this collection is, you still feel all the emotions and still want more. At least I did. Kat leaves no emotion untouched and writes with such a raw honesty that there were moments for me, I was left breathless.
Crystal Aguilar
Mar 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Short but straight in my feelings! Kat had me reflecting on a few of my past most meaningful relationships with these poems and now I don't know if I need a drink or a good cry! ...more
Shannon O'Connor
Mar 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
A short but powerful collection that left me aching for more.
Persephone
Mar 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Poetry is something that will always resonate with me. It is powerful and says so much with so few words.

More than one poem in this collection resonates deep in my bones. Speaks to me in a way only certain people can decipher. Beautiful and sad and brutally honest.
angélique violette  monroe
this was a melancholic journey through the throes of having a broken heart even though you're always with someone. of having your heart broken while you're with someone. of trying not to lose yourself in them because the only person you have is you. well, that's what i got from this and it was outstanding ...more
Lisa LaTourette-Pershan
Feb 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Genuine, real, strong! Poetry for real people.

I love contemporary poetry; but NOT what they print in The New Yorker. I love stream of consciousness, where the realness comes from and comes before all else and THAT is why I love Kat Savage's poetry. William Burroughs and other Beat poets believed that "multiple revisions" (what we are all taught in our writing classes) don't create real poetry--the kind that comes from your heart and soul and resonates with REAL PEOPLE. Burroughs said, "First th
Jenn
Feb 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: poetry, 2021
Wow. I stumbled across Kat Savage on Amazon the other day and ordered three of her poetry collections on a whim. I just finished this collection, and it blew me away completely. Each piece was beautiful, meaningful, powerful, and intelligent.

I’m so happy to have found this wonderful writer, and I highly recommend her poetry to anyone who knows what it feels like to ache.
Jessica
Aug 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow... I loved Going Too Fast To Slow Down. It reminds me of my past. But the two that really spike out to me were Sleeping Alone and Hollow Imposter. Wow.. those really hit hard. I sat here and felt that deep in my heart. Kat Savage is incredibly talented at writing my feelings down, making me feel as though someone understands me.
Kelly
Jun 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 stars

A quick enjoyable read. Read in one sitting. Related to all the poems with a line standing out in each
Alicia Cook
Jul 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Savage always sharpens her melancholy into a sharp point. I will read everything she ever pens.
Chasity
I absolutely LOVED this collection. 🖤
Michelle Heron
Apr 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2020
Such beautiful words. I felt like she was drawing feelings from my very own soul.
Chèri-Lee Fisher
Mar 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"I am such a good liar only, I have been doing it so long, I don’t know which version of me is the lie"

Words have the power to crack you open and heal you at the same time. This collection was no exception, the pain, the aching is palpable in every word, in every crafted poem. Once again, Savage's words cracked me open and healed me at the same time.
Tracy

• shot glass confessional
  • I Am Not Your Final Girl
  • Exits, Desires, & Slow Fires: Poems
  • I Have Sold a Beautiful Lie: Poems
  • Meet Me Halfway (The West Brothers #1)
Kat Savage’s unique brand of storytelling combines some of her own truths with a little bit of fiction to connect to people in a very real way. She writes about ugly things authentically and shamelessly.