Start by marking “The Enforcer (Fire’s Edge, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Enforcer (Fire’s Edge, #3)

The Enforcer

(Fire's Edge #3)

Paperback
Published December 9th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Enforcer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Enforcer

Start your review of The Enforcer (Fire’s Edge, #3)
Marta Cox
Nov 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Holy smokes the deceit and lies in this world of Dragons just keeps getting more intense as each book reveals just who is a Mate and who is the enemy. The old guard that control the way Dragons find a Mate are pushing everyone to find the one woman who can heal the rotting King. A Dragon who goes unmated for more than a thousand years slowly decays but if the King forcibly mates with the wrong woman his fire will quite literally burn her alive !
Drake understands the dangers of not finding your M
Dianne
They hide among us, fiery dragon shifters with their slow ageing process, their soul deep loyalties to their clans and their desperate search for their fated mates, for to never find them will mean certain decline and death. Drake is coming to the end of his life, he has no hope of finding his mate, so he leaves his brothers behind only to come face to face with a woman he rescued months before from a raging fire. For all of the sexual tension between them, Drake knows Camilla is human, or is sh ...more
Cindy ✩☽♔
Jul 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Drake and Cami were a delightful, stubborn and sexy pair.
Sherry Fundin
I am so excited to be back with these HOT firefighting dragon shifters, and to meet some new ones in The Enforcer, the third book of the Fire’s Edge series by Abigail Owen.

Drake was the only one who could save the family surrounded by fire, but because he is unmated, his body rebelled in his hurry to save them. It is Cami’s family that he rescues.

She is not afraid of him. She has issues of her own, no one to turn to for help, until…Rune. He just happens to be in the vicinity. He is a rogue, a dr
Jewlsbookblog
Drake is a grumpy Gus, but he gets the job done and he does it well. His word is a good as gold. As his body continues to fail him though, Drake knows his time is up on finding his dragon mate. However, he was hoping for just a little more time before he has to say goodbye to those closest to him. Joining with this new group of dragons isn’t...ideal exactly, and darned if the human female he risked life and limb to save is staying with this motley crew. But who’s mate could she be? Certainly not ...more
Kelsie Maxwell
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley-read
The Enforcer by Abigail Owen is book three in her Fire’s Edge series. This was my introduction to this author, and it was a pleasant experience. The author provides adequate backstory from earlier books in this series, so I was able to completely follow the story. Each novel in the series is a standalone, but the backstory was still helpful.

Drake Chandali is a red dragon shifter. Camilla “Cami” Carillo is a dragon shifter mate, though neither of them are aware of this initially. Of course Cami
Sonja
Dec 04, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
I liked this one, I really did. But even so, it took me too long to finish because I was so easily able to put it aside for other things. I don't know, I guess it just didn't suck me in despite everything I liked. I really liked how this time the female mc already knew about dragons and the whole mating thing by the time she meets her mate. I also got pretty excited that this one was bringing in some things from The Rogue King. I really liked that book.

I'm pretty ambivalent about Drake as a char
Judi Soderberg
I like Drake. Liked him from the last book too. This one wasn't quite as exciting as the others were, but it's still Dragons, so it still grabbed my attention. I do wish there had been a bit more action with Drake, a little less moping on his part (snarling I guess would be a better, more manly word, but moping is what he was doing), but I guess it's to be expected considering he's convinced he's dying the whole time.

As for Cami, there really wasn't enough time given to her. She could have turne
Mary Kirkland
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Drake is a dragon shifter and he's dying because he hasn't found his mate. When a dragon shifter doesn't find his mate, he eventually starts to get weak, sick and die. The process started earlier than it should have for Drake and he knows it's just a matter of time. So he leaves his team mates and takes refuge with Rune who has been helping to keep some female mates safe.

Cami is staying with Rune and the other female mates when Rune brings Drake to stay with them but Drake is not well and very
Kelly-Jo Sweeney
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love the Fire's Edge and Inferno Rising series from Abigail Owen. This is the third book in the Fire's Edge series and it builds into what we have already seen and there is a cross over with the first Inferno Rising series (which seems to take place at roughly the same time as this one and there are some cross over events). This book does work as a stand-alone, but really you should read the other books first, just because they are so good.
The Enforcer is Drake, he's never found his mate and n
Tracey
Smoking hot dragons, yes this book is full of them 🔥

Drake is the main man in this story and his a little gruff, well he has a good reason - his body is dying as he hasn't found his mate in his lifetime.

Cami is a woman with strong family roots, she's also showing signs of being a mate and she seems drawn to Drake.

There are lots of twists in the dragon world, who's good and who's bad, the lines seem to blur sometimes but keeps you intrigued.

The love and lust between Cami and Drake is hot, and all
Julie

The Enforcer (Fire's Edge series) by Abigail Owen

Description.....

Death comes for everyone. Even Drake Chandali. The aging process that twists all unmated dragon shifters’ bodies into something useless has taken hold of his body centuries early. A mate could have reversed the process, but now it’s too late. To protect his team of enforcers, he leaves, and comes face to face with the woman he’d thought was human when he saved her from a fire months before.

Except she’s not human. She’s a mate
Romance Schmomance (Malia)

This series just keeps on getting better and better. The Enforcer is here and I've just been waiting to get my hands on Drake's story. I refused to accept that he was too late to find his mate, it just wasn't a possibility in my mind. And of course, Abigail would NEVER do something like that to us.
Drake's story was well worth the wait and I was living for every single moment of it. There were soooo many moments that just really tore my heart apart. I hated how Drake was already accepting things

Lail
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Enforcer (Fire's Edge Book 4) by Abigail Owen
This is a “DRACARYS” HOT romance that will heat you up!🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
The Enforcer is about a dragon shifter (Drake) who has split loyalties between his law enforcer team and the rogue dragon Rune who harbors and shelters dragon mates to save them from the corrupt and murderous King. Finding and mating your one true mate is the only thing that can save and lengthen a male dragons life but, once mated, if one mate dies so does the other.
Drake is dying, cent
Maria Rose
I liked the central romance in this one between Drake and Camila but the story suffers from trying to tell too many other stories at the same time. The author has two simultaneous series - Fire's Edge and Inferno Rising. This is part of Fire's Edge, a group of firefighting dragons who work as forestry hotshot smokejumpers, dealing with man made and dragon made fires.

Drake has an incurable early aging disease that is weakening him, and the only way it will abate is if he finds his proper mate. T
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
4.5 Stars

I love a down trodden hero story! Make it paranormal and I just want to sigh..... This is the 3rd book in the series and although it could be read as a stand alone, I think it is helpful to read them in order in order to understand the world building.

Drake is dying and he wants to do whatever he can to ease his passing on his band of brothers and his baby sister. He does not feel worthy to have a mate and is determined to be growly and pushy so no one gets close.

After saving Camilla a
Wickedly  Romance
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I have read by this author. I must admit that I enjoyed it so much. Drake is coming to the end of his life. Knowing he has no hope of finding a mate he leaves his brothers behind only find the woman he rescued from a fire months before. Drake knows that Camilla is human so the draw he feels for her doesn't make sense. While Camilla bears the mark of a dragon mate she does believe in dragons. Is she now his savior or is his decline to far.

This book drew me in from beginning
Pamela
Dec 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Drake is in the last stages of his life. He is a dragon and they die of a wasting disease if they don't find their mate in time to save them. He leaves his dragon brothers and ends up finding Camilla. Camilla is the human woman he saved from a fire months ago. Camilla has lost almost everything and she has the mating mark. Drake recognizes her as his mate but is it too late to save him? Will Camilla come around to finding out about the dragons and accept Drake? A wonderful read that kept me inte ...more
Tracie R
Dec 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgally
The third book in Fire’s Edge, The Enforcer, Abigail Owens has delivered a well delivered story with dynamic characters and a compelling storyline. A great addition to the series and one I will be recommending.
Krystal M
Dec 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
This one sat better with me than the previous book. I always like dark and broody men, add in a dragon shifter and we have hit the trifecta!

Drake, a Huracan enforcer, is dying. He has been hiding it from his team and his sister but he is deteriorating at a faster rate than he expected so he has to fess up. He leaves with Rune only to come into contact with Cami. The woman he rescued, along with her family and goats, from a fire the previous summer.

Cami is the only one who isn’t afraid of Drake a
Nov 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Drake is sick and knows he's dying. He leaves the Hurcan team and turns to a former enemy for a place to die. There is meets Camilla again. He rescued her and her family during a wildfire. Drake feels better when he's near her, but refuses to believe that she is his mate. They have to go back to help her family, and The Alliance is interfering with stuff again. When will these guys go away. Maybe the other series (Inferno Rising) and the new kings will get rid of them. ...more
Silver James
The Enforcer (Fire’s Edge, #3) by Abigail Owen This book was pretty much more of the same as the previous entries in this series. Interesting enough and I liked the characters but nothing that really blew my skirts up. Still, glad I stumbled across this series and that I could check them out from Hoopla. 3.5 stars ...more
Noe
Oooh! I love how complicated everything is getting. I can’t wait for this one to cross over with the Inferno Rising series. Drake & Cami were a great couple! Also now that I’ve read this one, I do like Skylar more (from The Blood King).

Pro tip: read this series & Inferno Rising at the same time in order. They are interconnected and it’s a very enjoyable experience to read them all!
Sharrice
This one was a DNF for me. From the first encounter with Cami I was completely turned off by her character. She was just so immature and rude. I made it a couple of chapters in before I had to just end it.
Victoria Connie
Apr 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was looking forward to Drake's story from the beginning! I was definitely not disappointed !! IT was GREAT !!! The characters are so well written and the way all the stories come together is simply a joy to read! ...more
Angel Hatfield
Aug 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a great story and a great continuation into a world I’m getting to know. I liked both Drake and Camilla and was happy for their HEA. I can’t wait to read the next book in this series.
**I voluntarily read and reviewed this book
Roxx
Sep 13, 2020 rated it it was ok
2020 Golden Leaf nominee
I've been meaning to read this author for a while now. I liked the idea of the world but maybe if I had read the other books in the series, I would be move invested. It didn't wow me.
Romance4thebeach
Dec 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sparks are certainly flying in this dragon shifter paranormal romance!

Whenever I begin one of these dragon shifter romances, I always find myself surprised how determined these men often are to ignore the signs that their mate is right in front of them. Of all the books in this series so far though, I would have to say that Drake had the most compelling and understandable reason. All of the signs point to say that Camilla is his destined mate, staring him right in the face. Her proximity, her to
Stacey
Dec 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Review excerpted from my blog post over at FanSciHist Romance Reviews (https://fanscihist.wordpress.com/2019...)

My Rating: 3.5 stars

Library recommendation: Recommended for public library paranormal romance collections.

Warning: Hereafter, you chance spoilers. I will try never to reveal major plot points, but to review any book, you must reveal some parts of the story.

____________________

Number of titles I have read by this author: 2

Love story speed: Medium burn

Relationship dynamics: The Aloof
Meghan Lloyd
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
This felt different from the other books in the series, in a new and exciting way! It felt like a turning point in the series, and I love that it signals even more wonderful books full of daring women and courageous men...dragons. The history behind the heroine was particularly interesting, hearing about her family and their way of life, inserting the normal into the paranormal storyline. Each story continues to capture my attention and make me wish for it to be real.

Camilla Carrillo was saved b
« previous 1 3 next »

• Guardian's Grace (Dark Protectors, #12)
  • Twas the Nightshift Before Christmas
  • Fury Unleashed (Forgotten Brotherhood, #1)
  • Arctic Bite (Forgotten Brotherhood, #2)
  • Ancient Enemy (Ancients Rising #2)
  • Ancient Protector (Ancients Rising, #1)
  • Hero's Haven (Dark Protectors #11)
  • Death at Sandy Bay (Sukey Reynolds #13)
  • Dark Alpha's Temptation
  • The Mail Order Bride's Secret (Outlaw Mail Order Brides, #3)
  • No Rest for the Wicked: Pirates of Britannia Connected World
  • Death Has Deep Roots: A Second World War Mystery
  • Love in the Stacks (Love in New Bedford, #2)
  • Flame (Dark Kings #17)
  • Broken (Deep Ops #3)
  • Passion Punch (Key West Escape, #3)
  • Into The Dawn (Windsor #8)
Do you love plots that move hot and fast, feisty heroines with sass, heroes with heart, a dash of snark, and oodles of HEAs? You do?!?! Welcome!

Abigail Owen is a multi-award-winning author of paranormal romance and upper YA/new adult fantasy romance. Other favorite titles include wife, mother, Star Wars geek, ex-competitive skydiver, spreadsheet lover, Dr. Seuss quoter, eMBA, organizational guru,

Fire's Edge (5 books)
  • The Boss (Fire's Edge, #1)
  • The Rookie (Fire's Edge, #2)
  • The Protector (Fire's Edge, #4)
  • The Traitor (Fire’s Edge #5)

News & Interviews

“Her heart thundered away against the inside of her ribs, the sound loud in the relative silence of the room and the flutter pulsing against his skin between their clothes. Her breathing pushed her breasts against her shirt. Against him.

Despite the fear pumping adrenaline through her system, she gazed at him with wide eyes that showed an inexplicable trust that grated against him like a sandpaper sponge bath.

“What are you going to do to me?” she whispered.

Almost like she was daring him.

“You’re a mate,” he said.

“So?”

“Mates are like catnip to my kind—an obsession, a driving urge to find our own. What if I took you now, claimed you, pushed my fire into you?”

Her lips fell open on a silent gasp, but fear didn’t reflect back at him even still. “You’d kill me if you aren’t my destined mate.”

So, someone had at least warned her of the deadly consequences should the wrong man try to turn her. Had she listened? He squeezed her wrists a little harder, pressing into her so she couldn’t mistake the heavy cock pressing into her belly. “Yes.”

“You’d lose a part of your soul as well,” she pointed out.

He allowed his lips to tip up in what he fully intended to be a menacing smile. “Perhaps it’s worth it.”

She stared back at him for a long minute. Then, suddenly, her heart quieted, her breathing slowed, her body relaxing under his. “Go ahead.”

She was fucking daring him. Inside his head, his dragon growled, but not a warning, more like approval. The animal side of him liked this woman.

That scared the hell out of him enough to have him fighting the foreign urge to scramble off her.

When he said nothing, she tipped her head. “Just like I thought. All bark.”

Bulls facing off against a matador in a ring dealt with less provocation than this woman was daring to throw at him.

“You talk a good game,” she continued. “But you won’t hurt me.”

Irritation spiked and swirled with a rushing need that had gripped him since the second she’d stepped in front of him in the hangar and he’d recognized her.

Drake slammed his mouth over hers, his kiss both full of frustration, but also determined to frighten her into some semblance of self-preservation. He kissed her harshly, wildly, even as he continued to pin her to the bed.

Except she didn’t whimper or turn away or struggle. Instead, Cami opened her mouth and licked the full seam of his lips, demanding entrance.

Fuck.

Gods help him, he opened, tangling his tongue with hers, reveling in the give and take. Her flavor melted across his tongue, sweet and tart at the same time, imprinting on his mind.

A glow vaguely penetrated his senses behind his closed eyes, followed by a burst of heat that seemed to be originating from her.

Almost as fast as it happened, Drake jerked back with a hiss, staring at a glowing spot under her white tank top. The source of the heat.

Definitely a dragon mate. Which meant off-limits. Another shifter’s mate.

With a groan he rolled away from her, flopping to his back, and flung an arm over his eyes, doing his damnedest to convince his dick to get its head out of the game. “You need to get out of here.”
0 likes