Start by marking “The Ingredients of You and Me (Hopeless Romantics, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Ingredients of You and Me (Hopeless Romantics, #3)

The Ingredients of You and Me

(Hopeless Romantics #3)

From the USA TODAY bestselling author of the “heartwarming and refreshingly sweet” (Lauren Layne, New York Times bestselling author) On the Corner of Love and Hate comes a sizzling and sweet small-town love story that follows a bakery store owner who decides to take her chances on a truly hopeless romantic.

After selling her successful bakery back in New York, Parker Powel
Published April 28th 2020 by Gallery Books

To ask other readers questions about The Ingredients of You and Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ingredients of You and Me

Start your review of The Ingredients of You and Me (Hopeless Romantics, #3)
Berit☀️✨

1 cup romance.

1 cup friendship.

1 heaping teaspoon of charm.

A generous sprinkling of humor.

A sweet story filled with so much whimsy and heart. The perfect small town cozy romance, packed with lovable colorful characters and a darling setting. Parker is ready for a new chapter in her life so she decides to sell her successful NYC bakery and set out in a new direction. The problem is she’s not quite sure what her next chapter looks like and it appears as though she may have lost her baking mo
Christy
3 stars

I love Nina Bocci and her writing. I liked this book, I would even say I liked it a lot at times. I enjoyed reading about the heroine and her journey finding out what she wanted to do with her life and the Golden Girls was the absolute best thing about this book. Unfortunately the hero just really let me down time after time. I wanted to love him, but I just didn't... and when the romance lets you down in a romance novel, well... it makes a book that could have been great just okay for y
DJ Sakata
May 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Favorite Quotes:

“Mancini, you’re the only person I know who answers a question without giving a lot of answers.” She shrugged. “It’s a gift.”

I’m not even sure the wildlife outside my lake house would eat the stuff I’ve been baking lately… you wouldn’t want it even if you were starving. I tried tossing a couple scones that I had made this morning out to the squirrels. I think I might have concussed one of them.

What, is there some sort of sophisticated spy network around town that reports through
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
Sweet read. Wanted more love....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I think we’ve all experienced the drudgery of a job that we grew to dislike. The author takes us down that path with a small business owner who has outgrown the direction her business has taken.

After selling her business she decides to get away from it all and head back home to visit her dearest friend and take an R&R while she figures out her life.

The author gives us a nice twist when we discover this isn’t the first time she’s been back
Stacee
May 02, 2020 rated it it was ok
I struggled a bit with the previous book that I read from Nina, but I loved this cover and synopsis and was so eager to get to it. Especially with all of the reviews that say it’s funny and fluffy.

I liked Parker well enough. I enjoyed her creativity and drive. Nick was bland and his hot and cold got really old, really fast. The friend group was nice, but the stand out character was definitely Mancini.

Plot wise, it was so very dry. Loads of telling, not showing, loads of scenes with Parker brush
Nursebookie
Apr 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Read this! It’s okay if you haven’t read about any of the Hope Lake series,because it doesn’t matter you will grab them and read them all anyway I promise (Meet Me on Love Lane and On the Corner of Love and Hate).

The story is centered around Parker Adams, a Food Network and Youtube Star who also owns a famous bakery in NY called Delicious and Vicious, where you can send revenge cakes to hated exes or old bosses. An opportunity to sell her business left her losing her mojo unable to bake.

Parker
book bruin
May 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved being back in Hope Lake! The residents are so fun and quirky and bring such a smile to my face. The Ingredients of You and Me is the 3rd book in the Hopeless Romantics series, but can be read as a standalone. I do recommend reading the books in order though, since characters from previous books appear and that's where we first meet Nick and Parker.

I really loved Parker's evolution in this book. Yes, it's a romance, but it was also about Parker finding her way and really putting herself f
Michele
4 1/2 Yummy Stars!!

I had high expectations for The Ingredients of You and Me. Nick was always one of my favorite characters and I couldn't wait to see what Ms. Bocci had in store for him in this book. I didn't see it coming....that's for sure...but it was a good and somewhat angsty read and I ate it up.

Nick and Parker had carried on a clandestine relationship and then he "ghosted" her. Heartbroken, Parker has made some major life changes and is struggling to get her baking mojo back. Yes, she i
Antonella
*this book was all over the place
*I really wanted to finish this series, but I shouldn't bother
*so hero ghosted the heroine I was waiting for the reason for it and I think we never got it
*no chemistry
*wishy washy characters
Toya (the reading chemist)
4.5 stars rounded up!

I’ve had the pleasure of reading and LOVING the first two stories in the Hopeless Romantics series by Nina Bocci (On the Corner of Love and Hate and Meet Me on Love Lane), so when I heard that a book three was coming, you can imagine that I jumped at the first opportunity to read it. Now, if you haven’t had the chance to read the first two books in the series, don’t worry, you can still read and enjoy The Ingredients of You and Me as a standalone.

Parker Powell was baker ex
MicheleReader
Apr 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Every now and then, I need to read a book like The Ingredients of You and Me. It is the third in the Hopeless Romantics series and I hadn’t read the first two – which was not essential as this book stands nicely on its own. This is not my normal genre but these are not normal times.

Parker is a successful baker in Brooklyn, NY and a bit of a celebrity having made appearances on several Food Network competitions and also has a popular YouTube channel. She’s burnt out from working all the time and
Arielle ⭐ Cursebreaker ⭐
I’m going to be straight with you guys. I did not like the romance in this book. BUT, that doesn’t mean I didn’t overall enjoy reading it. The third book in this series belongs to Parker, who we were introduced to as Charlotte’s best friend from New York in the previous book. In the beginning of this book we see her selling her wildly popular bakery in New York because she wanted to start down a new path in life. She winds up heading to Hope Lake to try and find her mojo again and when she arriv ...more
Anne's Corner Book Blog (AC)
May 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
4.5 Stars An adorable, small town, slow burn, second chance romance.

SWEET! This one is a second chance romance focus on Parker and Nick. Parker is a pastry chef who lost her cooking mojo. After selling her successful bakery in NY she decided to visit a friend in Hope Lake to figure out what the future holds. Soon, Parker realized she is falling in love with the small town and the people in it, one particular special person her old flame Nick Arthur. While Parker begins to get her baking mojo bac
Apr 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Ingredients of You and Me is the third book in Nina Bocci’s Hopeless Romantics series, and it features Parker and Nick who make a connection in the previous installment.

Parker is a spunky New Yorker who has been on a business high with her successful bakery, but the pressure and long hours have gotten to her. She realizes she wants more out of life than being a work alcoholic. Nick may or may not have been a part of the reason she wants to have more free time.

They had a secret long-distance
Lama
The Ingredients of You and Me is the embodiment of a sweet, small town romance. The kind the makes you wish that you too could move to a small town to befriend sweet, eccentric old ladies and open your own little business. It’s the story of Parker, a successful but burned out NYC baker, who decides to sell her bakery and move to a small town called Hope Lake where her best friend lives while she figures out her next steps. Of course, she runs into Nick, a guy she was secretly seeing during the s ...more
Angie
Apr 08, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2020
The Ingredients of You and Me takes us back for a third time to the adorable town of Hope Lake, this time with a focus on Parker, the fun-loving baker friend of Charlotte, who first appeared in Meet Me on Love Lane. Parker has decided to sell her successful New York bakery and spend some time in Hope Lake. At the same time, she hopes to find out what went wrong with Nick, one of Charlotte's childhood friends. I loved this- it was the fluffy rom com I needed during this social distancing time. I ...more
Nadia
Jun 26, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this Arc from the publisher and Netgalley for my honest review. I picked this book because the story seemed promising. That and I loved the cover of the book. My problem was that I couldn’t connect with the two main characters. I didn’t get the reason why they liked each other since I didn’t like either of them. It was too much push and pull relationship when he was with someone else. I didn’t care for that. And don’t get me started with the ghosting. Ew why would anyone find that att ...more
Karmen
Oh wow! I was up until 2:30 finishing this book. The Ingredients of You and Me is fantastic. Charlotte and Henry was my favorite from Meet Me on Love Lane, but nope...I LOVED Nick and Parker!!
CherryRed’s Reads
I loved this book! Author Nina Bocci brings another wonderful sweet story full of humor and self discovery.
Memorable characters and a fast read.
Hallie Szott
In this third Hopeless Romantics book, Parker Adams heads to Hope Lake to figure out what she wants to do next. She just sold an incredibly successful bakery in New York City, but seems to have lost her baking mojo and needs some clear direction. Of course, having her unofficial ex, Nick Arthur, around all the time makes her process of discovery all the more complicated, as she grapples with her feelings for him.

As Parker figures out her life, Nina Bocci’s The Ingredients of You and Me proves to
Trader (RedHotBlueReads)
In this third installment of the Hopeless Romantics series, Nina Bocci returns to the fictional town of Hope Lake for more small town shenanigans, love and a bit of heartache.

Parker Powell has sold her NYC Delicious and Vicious bakery to a major player in anticipation of a less stressful lifestyle and more time for her new relationship with Nick from Hope Lake who she's been seeing on the sly.

When Nick breaks it off by ghosting her before she even has a chance to tell him her good news, Parker
Jenea
Apr 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the third installment in the Hopeless Romantics series. We’ve met some really amazing characters so far and I was thrilled that there was another book for the series, so of course I jumped at the chance to read it.

Parker Powell was the owner of a upscale bakery shop named Delicious and Vicious up in the big city. Her shop is known for the unique sayings written on them, like “I hope it falls off” for the cheating boyfriend or any other message you would want convey with your unhappiness
Tiffany
Jun 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
I've been lucky enough to read all three books in this series, and this one was definitely my favorite. I found it to be a witty read about friendship, forgiveness, second chances, and happiness. While this one could be read as a stand alone, I highly recommend you start at the beginning.

What I loved about this book:

1. Bocci writes authentic characters and realistic romances so I always look forward to reading her next book and this one did not disappoint. Parker is one of those very relatable c
Megan (Glitter and Plato)
After Parker Adams sells her famous New York City bakery, she feels like she has totally lost her mojo and visits her best friend in the small town of Hope Lake, PA, to think about her next steps (and this has nothing to do with a former love who also happens to live there, nothing at all). Nick Arthur (said former flame) has a new girlfriend, so it should be easy to focus on her new friends the Golden Girls and opening a new bakery. Right?

Hope Lake is a charming small town, and this story will
Patricia Rohrs (words we love by blog)
Without a doubt this book is my FAVORITE in this beautiful series about home, friendship and beautiful small town love!

Each book has its own couple finding their way and navigating life in the small town of Hope Lake! This book is no different but what had me hooked and invested is that Parker is a city girl! A city girl who has just made the biggest decision of her life and now she finds herself in the beautiful small town her best friend grew up in! A town that at some point she frequented of
Debra
Apr 21, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: foodie-reads
This is a cute novel, one that goes quickly. There were some interesting plot components and without giving anything away I would like to focus on those.

Parker is an accomplished baker with some notoriety. She owns a NYC bakery called Delicious and Vicious, one that specializes in very tasty items that can be ordered up with direct (and sometimes nasty) messages. Need to break up with a needy boyfriend? D&V is the answer.

Parker has appeared on numerous Food Network shows and gained fame, so muc
Lauren Lascola-Lesczynski
Oh My Geee...I love Nick and Parker so much!
Gawwww these two...
I got sucked into Hope Lake once again!
Parker is your typical independent lady, while Nick is your typical gentlemen.
These two get together on the down low...things happen...feelings...then Nick "misreads" a situation and we cut to a few months down the road. It's a bit bumpy at first, but these will find out that with a bit of communication almost anything can be solved.
I love the Golden Girl gang so much...I think they need a no
booksbikesbooze
3.5 stars rounded up for this cute romcom!
Thanks to @gallerybooks for the gifted review copy!
Out 4/28!

Such a cute follow up (but can be read solo) to “Meet Me on Love Lane”. Hope Lake is just a magical place filled with charm and charisma and all the right characters. This is a laugh out loud, feel good, book! A very quick read under 300 pages. And if you love baking, you’ll love this!
Sascha
May 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley-2020
4 1/2 stars

Each of the novels in Nina Bocci’s Hopeless Romantics series has been very different as well as very welcome. Bocci’s voice is fresh in a genre that’s frequently stale.

While I knew from the last book in the series that Parker and Nick would be the couple in The Ingredients of You and Me, I am so glad that Bocci didn’t take some easy way out and give us an improbable romance. No, The Ingredients of You and Me is full of lack of communication, present in so many relationships, and misun
Randi (randi_reads)
I listened to this audiobook and I only liked this story. It definitely was not my favorite of the three books. It had to do with the male main character, Nick. He is not the best book boyfriend and I didn't find him attractive as a reader at all. The Golden Girls were wonderful and they all loved him, but I think his reason for "ghosting" Parker was lame. Immature, even. Then, to start dating Jillian right away was dumb. The narrator did a great job with Jillian's voice. I actually laughed at h ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Oona Out of Order
  • The Hand on the Wall (Truly Devious, #3)
  • No Bad Deed
  • Twice in a Blue Moon
  • Chasing Lucky
  • You Say It First
  • #Murderfunding (MurderTrending, #2)
  • Reasons to Be Cheerful
  • Little Secrets
  • In Five Years
  • The Betrothed (The Betrothed, #1)
  • Not Another Love Song
  • Vanishing Girls (Detective Josie Quinn, #1)
  • Summer at Firefly Beach
  • The Perfect Couple
  • This Is All Your Fault
  • Wait for Me
  • 10 Things I Hate About Pinky (Dimple and Rishi, #3)
Nina Bocci is a novelist, publicist, eternal optimist, unabashed lipgloss enthusiast, constant apologist, and a hopeless romanticist. She has too many college degrees that she’s not using, and a Lego addiction that she blames on her son.

Hopeless Romantics (3 books)
  • On the Corner of Love and Hate (Hopeless Romantics, #1)
  • Meet Me on Love Lane (Hopeless Romantics, #2)