Start by marking “If You Give A Jerk A Gingerbread (Reindeer Falls, #2)” as Want to Read:
If You Give A Jerk A Gingerbread (Reindeer Falls, #2)

If You Give A Jerk A Gingerbread

(Reindeer Falls #2)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  4,098 ratings  ·  558 reviews
Dear Santa,

I do not want Keller James for Christmas.

I will not fall for him, no matter how charming or irresistible or famous he is. I will not be swayed by his skills in the kitchen or by his British accent. Im going to win the Great Gingerbread Bake Off and no one is going to stand in my way. Not even Keller.

All kisses are off. I mean all bets. All bets are off. And
Published November 14th 2019 by Rutherford Press

To ask other readers questions about If You Give A Jerk A Gingerbread, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about If You Give A Jerk A Gingerbread

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of If You Give A Jerk A Gingerbread (Reindeer Falls, #2)
Christy
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-four-stars

photo IMG_5072_zpsugvbc90g.png

I really enjoyed the first novella in Jana Astons Reindeer Falls series, but this book was even better than the first! If You Give a Jerk a Gingerbread is such a fun and feel good holiday novella!

Keller James is a celebrity chef in town for the Great Gingerbread Bakeoff, the same competition local baker Ginger Winters is hoping to win. Ginger is instantly attracted to Keller, but her focus has to go to the competition. Shes forever dreamed of opening her own bakery and winning the
Isabella.R
4 Gingersnap Stars ⭐

"Kissing the competition seems dicey, doesn't it? I've never been a dicey girl, either. But I kinda like this new naughty elf version of myself."

For those of us experiencing Great British Bake Off withdrawal symptoms (I love you Noel Fielding), well you're in for an absolute sugary treat! Back in Reindeer Falls, it's time for The Great Gingerbread Bake Off. With the utmost intent of nabbing the title and prize money, Ginger Winter is horrified to learn that she'll be
Ginger
Dec 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
I really loved this book! And what was great was the characters and plot were completely different then the first book in the series, The Boss Who Stole Christmas.

I have a confession to make. I watch holiday baking contests on the Food Network all the damn time so this book was perfect for me in regards to plot!
I loved both characters, Ginger & Keller! They were adorable, funny and the chemistry between them was well done.

I've been impressed with this Christmas series by Jana Aston! She's
Kat
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sooo cute. Ginger (the gingerbread maker) encounter hot guy and famous celebrity chef Keller in the lobby of her inn devouring her gingerbread cookies. Sparks fly. It turns out they will be competing together on the worlds funniest Christmas themed Food Network baking competition. This was TOO CUTE.

Please excuse typos/name misspellings. Entered on screen reader.
Nana
Nov 29, 2019 rated it liked it
3 Ginger stars!

I enjoyed Ginger and Kellers story.

Santa, now this Christmas
i want bread gingerbread🙊hehe😁
Veronica LaRoche
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is absolutely adorable. The magic that Ginger & Keller has is undeniable. The instant connection that Ginger and Keller has is truly magical and together they are absolutely perfection. Truly another amazing read that will have you hooked and will have you wanting to visit Reindeer Falls. I absolutely love everything about this book. I swear Jana can do no wrong. Truly a magical read that everyone one must one click.

I voluntarily reviewed this Advanced Reader Copy of this book.
~**Anna**~ A Romance Reader
So cute! I am really liking these Holiday novellas.
Mindy Lou's Book Review
So charming!!! James is a very charming hero. Ginger was just so cute and adorable. These two together completely charmed me. I loved their banter. I loved how they couldn't stop looking at each other. His cute nicknames for her. Her silly flirtation with him. The whole book was one big charm fest and I loved it! What a great Christmas novella to put a smile on your face. I still want to live in Reindeer Falls. It sounds like Christmas heaven!
Stacey is Sassy
Dec 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
It was adorable...

Another great Christmas treat in Reindeer Falls that's left me smiling. These short little treats hit the mark and left me completely satisfied.

I love baking so I knew...hoped this one would be a winner. Ginger was a quirky character that had me laughing at her inner thoughts. Keller was surprisingly thoughtful and sweet considering his fame and good looks. I loved them together.

I'm definitely going on in the series but I'm sad there are only three.
Michelle Claypot_Reads
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So much fun!!!

Ginger and a Kellers story was definitely your favourite Christmas movie brought to life - with a dash of dirty to spice it up. Witty banter, innocent innuendo and the Jana Aston brand of humour I love.

If you dont smile and LOL while reading this one you deserve a stocking full of coal! Bring on book 3 of this awesome series.

I received an arc of this book.
Lien
3.5 Stars

Very cute and fun though not as good as the first one imo ;)
Carol
2.75 stars.
Okay....ish.
Yet again too much time devoted to descriptions and details on such a short story.
I needed more time with the characters of this cheeky Christmas romance!!!!

Ginger Spice and Keller were cute and fun but the ending felt rather rushed and abrupt, also the story seemed a little incomplete to me.

I personally don't think Jana Aston's writing style is necessarily that copacetic with these type of "quickie" novellas.
Not to be too critical of one of my favorite authors but I
Kim
This book was funnier than the previous one and of course its a bit rushed and cheesy and cute but its a holiday romance and I gobbled it up like it was my favorite dessert. I cant wait for the next one and Christmas cant get here fast enough now! ...more
Deborah
Nov 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Another fun little Christmas romance.
Bex | TotallyBex.com
Dec 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Quick, cute, and funny it's a great combination and I'm fully enjoying myself. Moving on to book three! ...more
Shawna
4 Sweet gingerbread stars! - Contemporary/Holiday Romance Novella

This is even better than the first story in the series, The Boss Who Stole Christmas, which I also enjoyed. It's a cute, sweet, warm and fuzzy romance that put a big smile on my face! Just an adorably delightful read!

Because Keller James wasn't standing in front of any of those contestants looking like a plate of snickerdoodles. If snickerdoodles were sexy. You know what I mean. None of those contestants had this kind of
Poppy1102
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jana-aston
Book number 2 in the Reindeer Falls series and it is just as adorable as book 1, The Boss Who Stole Christmas....it can be read as a standalone, but come on people! It's Jana at her finest, why would you not read them all!?!?

Ginger and Keller have an adorable, quirky, fun Christmas read that will put a smile on your face - what more could you possibly want.....??! 🤨
Melike
Dec 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Oh my goodness, this one was even cuter than the first one in the series! I am really enjoying them. By the time I finished it I had a huge craving for every holiday dessert with ginger in it! Help!
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Nov 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
description

Its Christmas, Ginger, and anything is possible at Christmas. Have a little faith in the magic.

If You Give a Jerk a Gingerbread is the second book in Jana Astons scrumptiously funny, sweet and sexy Christmas romp series. This novella features Ginger, the sister of Holly from The Boss Who Stole Christmas. These novellas are completely standalone, however, why only have one slice of Christmas cake when you can eat the whole damn thing and guarantee a complete Christmas indulgent satisfaction?!

Jules
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-favorite, arc
Ginger Winter is in fact a ginger who bakes gingerbread. She is the super adorable Winter sister who stars in Jana Astons If You Give A Jerk A Gingerbread. The Reindeer Falls series is comprised of standalone holiday novellas that are a perfect blend of spicy and sweet.

Where to start? I loved the premise, the plot and the characters! Ginger is delightful in her whole-hearted devotion to her dream and her town. Her foil is Keller James, a celebrity chef and a competitor in the Great Gingerbread
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it

This was such a sweet (get itLOL) story about a local woman who has a goal to build her own bakery and hopes to complete that goal by winning a Food Network contest show, The Great Gingerbread Bake-Off. When a handsome British man comes into the Bed & Breakfast she supplies baked goods to and asks to meet her she never expects it to be Keller James, host of Food Networks Brunch, Biscuits & Tea.

Ginger (yes, thats her name) assumes hes a celebrity judge, but soon finds out shell
Bookphenomena (Micky)
Well, I can only say that these were fun and quick to read, just what the doctor ordered for a few days sickness and a desire for Christmassy reads. The author describes these as over-the-top and merrily-ever-afters guarenteed, so I knew what I was getting into. They took minimal concentration and commitment which was perfect for my needs. Each book follows a different sister in the small town on Reindeer Falls

The second book, IF YOU GIVE A JERK A GINGERBREAD, was a meet cute with instant
Alaina
Now I need the next one in this series!!

If You Give a Jerk a Gingerbread was an adorable holiday book. Sad that it was so short because I definitely flew through it. Never mind that it was quite easy to ship Ginger and Keller after they first met. It was definitely love at first bite (gingerbread cookie style).

Now we met Ginger in the first book while her older sister was finding love with her boss. This time around we got to see Ginger and Keller give each other googly eyes while competing
Raine
Ok

This book wasn't as good as the first book in this series. This book is about the middle sister, Ginger, and a celebrity chef, Keller. Things between them just happened so fast that there really want any build-up of romance.
Jacqueline
Cute and sweet, I kept waiting for the conflict but it never came. Keller was a bit too sweet for me, I prefer an asshole, but this was still an engaging and enjoyable short read. Standalone, complete story.
One chapter more
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
A bit better than the book no 1 in this little 'trilogy', however, I now understand how important good editors are. Also, how much I miss Alexa Riley.
Whatever's on the market while we're waiting for the great duet to come back, is just not good enough.
Heather andrews
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well isn't Kellar just a thoughtful man, "your mobile?" he clarifies when I blink like a deer in the headlights. "Phone? Surely you have one. If not, I'd be happy to obtain one for you so that I might call you on it." At least the man's honest, "and I've got more than a crush on you, Gingersnap. So I'm not sure a hate-eff would be remotely possible." I liked this book, I loved Kellar.
Clau
Dec 13, 2019 rated it did not like it
I hated the main characters (specially Ginger) and the plot (almost non-existent). There were a lot of things that bothered me, like how the blurb doesn't match the book and the title doesn't match the story. Besides, it was way to cheese for me: it honestly made me cringe.
Mysza
Dec 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
*** 3,5 stars ***
Alla
Dec 23, 2019 rated it liked it
I liked this one the least of the three in this series. Too much inner dialog going on for my taste.
Still a good story though.

• Kissmas Eve: A Holiday Romantic Comedy
  • His Royal Highness
  • Christmas in the City
  • Doctor Dearest
  • Humbugged (Happy Cat, #4)
  • Money Man (King Maker, #1)
  • The Lineup
  • A Billion Times No (Fake It Till You Make It #1)
  • Boss Man Bridegroom
  • Holidate (Dating, #3)
  • Inappropriate
  • A Favor for a Favor (All In, #2)
  • The Billionaire's Forbidden Little Sister
  • Christmas Cliche
  • Insatiable (Cloverleigh Farms, #3)
  • Blindsided
  • You Can't Ruin Christmas (Snowflake Creek Book 1)
  • Ruin  (Slay Quartet, #2)
Jana Aston likes cats, big coffee cups and books about billionaires who deflower virgins. She wrote her debut novel while fielding customer service calls about electrical bills, and she's ever grateful for the fictional gynecologist in Wrong that readers embraced so much she was able to make working in her pajamas a reality. Jana is the author of 4 books, and all of them have appeared on either ...more

Reindeer Falls (3 books)
  • The Boss Who Stole Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #1)
  • The One Night Stand Before Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #3)

News & Interviews

Mary Pauline Lowry knows a thing or two about being stuck at home when you don't want to be. After all, the premise of her newest novel, The Rox...
“Comparison is the thief of joy, and this is my dream. Just because my dreams are smaller in nature doesn't make them any less important or valid.” 1 likes
“Nothing about December is practical, Gingersnap. December is when magic takes over. Embrace it.” 0 likes