Start by marking “Unreconciled” as Want to Read:

(Donovan #4)

The fourth book in the thrilling Donovan sci-fi series returns to a treacherous alien planet where corporate threats and dangerous creatures imperil the lives of the colonists.

Where does one put a messianic cult of practicing cannibals? That becomes the question when Ashanti appears in Donovan's skies. She was designed for no more than four years in space. It's taken ten.
Published May 12th 2020 by Daw Books

To ask other readers questions about Unreconciled, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unreconciled

Start your review of Unreconciled
Justine
May 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-read
This fourth book in the Donovan series introduces Dek Taglioni as a new character and possible future love interest for Tal. He's a little less obvious than Cap was, and has a lot of interesting potential.

Unfortunately we lose some people too, but that's consistent with life in the dangerous environment of Donovan. Kalico continues to be a strong presence, but I would still like to see something more done with her.

I could have done without the brief parts on that took place on the Freelander; t
Mogsy (MMOGC)
4 of 5 stars at The BiblioSanctum https://bibliosanctum.com/2020/11/16/...

I make it no secret my love for the Donovan series, which I had initially thought was going to be a trilogy—and of course, the tidiness to the conclusion of the third book Pariah only reaffirmed that suspicion. As you can imagine though, I have never been so happy to be wrong! To say I was ecstatic when I discovered there was going to be a fourth book on the horizon is a massive understatement.

So now we have Unreconciled,
Shannon (It Starts At Midnight)

Just when I think I can't be more in love with the Donovan series than I already am, W. Michael Gear goes and kicks it out of the park again. This latest installment is far and away my favorite, each book adding so much complexity and depth to this incredible world that the author has created. Obviously, it's complicated when reviewing a fourth book in a series, so I am just going to tel
Tammy
May 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: may-anticipated
I received this book for free from the Publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.The nitty-gritty: Gear does it again with another thrilling entry into his wonderful Donovan series.

I love writers who are able to sustain long series by improving upon each book they write. Such is the case with W. Michael Gear’s Donovan series, I’m happy to report. Unreconciled , the latest edition in Gear’s action-packed science fict
John
Jun 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sf-fantasy
Just another good episode in a solid series. I wish someone would persuade the author to lay off the over long psycho-religious philosophizing, though...and I think there wasn’t one passage printed in italics that added anything important to the story. Skip or skim those, and enjoy the rest. Hope the next volume isn’t long in coming...a VERY promising new monster is left on the loose.
April
Jul 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic series.
Stephen Branstetter
May 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
I like the whole series. This one was a great addition to it.Only problem now is we must wait for the next one.Please hurry Michael.
Theresa
Mar 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
by W. Michael Gear

“What happens next,” Michael Gear allows the reader to love a world incomprehensibly different and dangerous than Earth. Having read the prior three books (Outpost, Abandoned, and Pariah), and listening to the Abandoned as I read this book, I am still amazed by his ability to find a new way to look at not only this remarkable world but Human nature.
In this series we have explored a new very dangerous world in Outpost, a ghost ship of diabolical nature , and supern
Vic
Aug 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Unreconciled continues the exploration of the planet Capella, known to the locals as Donovan, thirty light years from earth. In each of the four books comprising this series, Gear has introduced characters from the highly regulated corporate controlled solar system we all know and love and continued the stories of those who populate this fascinating new planet.

Capella is one strange planet, earth like but alien. Biologically diverse—there are life forms, plants and animals, but they are mostly d
Vinay Badri
May 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-read
A 3.5 starrer

Honestly, I am massively relieved. Initially when this series was announced, it was a trilogy and given how Pariah ended, it was a massive bummer. In a way, I am glad that there is a 4th book and looks like the series may continue

The really superlative aspect of the series has been the planet in itself and the sense of desolation, horror and discomfort that it evokes. Every book has seen the arrival of a new ship to kickstart things off and this one is no different. In fact, I would
Mark Parnell
May 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If you were ever excited about the possibility of travelling in space and discovering a habitable planet, this series will most likely change your mind. Imagine being trapped in space with enough food for 10 per cent of the occupants trapped aboard, resorting to cannibalism to survive and then beyond all odds making it to the planet of Donevan. Only one problem, Donevan isn’t the paradise the Corporation lead you to believe it was. In the first three novels of the series we are introduced to a w ...more
Mo_mcphee
Jul 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If this is really the last time I am to set foot on the amazing, terrifying, unique planet that is Donovan - I will be devastated. Anyone else holding out hope that Gear will save the day and consider writing another instalment in this series? I could read about these people and this place forever, seriously. The world-building is phenomenal, the characters are bad-ass and complex and tragic and tough as nails, the setting is breathtakingly beautiful and full of horror all at once, and the hits ...more
Jo  (Mixed Book Bag)
Donovan still has stories to tell. This time the cast of characters includes some new comers. Some good, some not so good, and some that remain a mystery. Love the action, hate when someone I really like dies, and find the plot to be interesting and different. This is one story Donovan has to tell but there are more waiting as the story ends. Welcome to Donovan.

I received a free copy of the book in return for an honest review
Beth
Jun 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
If you like your science fiction to be intertwined with anthropology and broader socioeconomic issues this culture-clash / colonization series should be on your list. I'm hooked by the great characters, fast-action scenes, good world building, and mysterious underlayer. Recommended in print or audio.
J Wells
Jul 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5 for the series so far only because sometimes the horrible words used to describe women get too repetitive, could easily be a 5. Otherwise I want this series to be turned into a tv show on Netflix so it can be reimagined in all its glory. Can't wait for the next one.
Eileen
Jul 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Just when I thought we could not get any more messed up folks, here come the Ashanti people. The story of Donovan's people keeps evolving, and the interest to know what happens to them is still strong. Life on Donovan is never static. Welcome to Donovan.
Nicolas
Sep 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Fun book but take a shot anytime a character says they should “beat feet” might get alcohol poisoning
Neha Goyal
Jun 06, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5*
Cynde
Jun 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent!!! have read the whole series and can't wait for the next one. A unique experience!!!
Mark Bennett
Nov 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
A good series. I find each book a little better than the last. Recommend to all soft sci fi readers.
Michelle McPherson
Unreconciled book 4 Donovan

I love that we are discovering new things on Donovan. I look forward to the next book because there has to be one!
J.C. Crumpton
I have enjoyed these trips to Donovan. Especially because it is so dangerous.
Christine
Oct 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite of the four books; the author does leave room for another book
Shane
4/5
Kara Rowley
Oct 15, 2020 rated it liked it
Cool and scary
Sharon
May 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
Wow, a great addition to this series. Interesting and unique world building!
Linda
May 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Back to Donovan! It wasn’t long enough.
Walter Christie
Nov 14, 2020
Kiwi
Aug 29, 2020
Calvin Jensen
May 23, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Driving the Deep (Finder Chronicles, #2)
  • The Splendid and the Vile: A Saga of Churchill, Family, and Defiance During the Blitz
  • Cries from the Lost Island
  • Red Rain (Nameless #4)
  • Demon in White (Sun Eater, #3)
  • Salvation Day
  • Hella
  • Generations (Meg, #6)
  • The Bone Shard Daughter (The Drowning Empire, #1)
  • Theft of Swords (The Riyria Revelations, #1-2)
  • The Scarred Woman (Department Q, #7)
  • The Hanging Tree (Rivers of London, #6)
  • Ballistic Kiss (Sandman Slim, #11)
  • Cycle of the Werewolf
  • Every Dead Thing (Charlie Parker, #1)
  • Sisters of the Vast Black
  • Eden
  • Marco Effekten (Afdeling Q, #5)
W. Michael Gear was born in Colorado Springs, Colorado, on the twentieth of May, 1955. A fourth generation Colorado native, his family had been involved in hard-rock mining, cattle ranching, and journalism. After his father's death in 1959, Michael's mother received her Master's degree in journalism and began teaching. In 1962 she married Joseph J. Cook, who taught tool and die making, and the fam ...more

Donovan (4 books)
  • Outpost (Donovan Trilogy #1)
  • Abandoned (Donovan Trilogy #2)
  • Pariah (Donovan Trilogy #3)