Start by marking “Dawn of X Vol. 7” as Want to Read:
Dawn of X Vol. 7

Dawn of X Vol. 7

(Dawn of X #7)

The Dawn of X continues to evolve! As Verendi's plans against the X-Men's island home of Krakoa grow, the Marauders find themselves missing something vital! But where will Callisto of the Morlocks stand in the reshaped world of mutantkind? The new Excalibur face an old foe but this time, they are the hunters rather than the game! Domino of X-Force is on an unlucky streak ...more
Published June 24th 2020 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Dawn of X Vol. 7, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dawn of X Vol. 7

Start your review of Dawn of X Vol. 7
Chad
Aug 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020, single-issues
Wolverine has two excellent full-length stories. X-Men, Marauders and X-Force have been consistently good. Even Excalibur was better now that the Otherworld story is over. New Mutants finishes up its story by Hickman set in Shi'ar space.
Malum
May 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
This volume is missing New Mutants and X-Men, but makes up for it with a double-sized Wolverine #1. The first Wolverine story reads just like an X-Force story, with Wolverine and X-Force tracking down some criminals selling tainted drugs. The second story is Wolverine vs vampires, and also includes one of my favorite (and very underutilized) villains, Omega Red.

As for the other included issues, they were all pretty much slower paced stories all leading up to bigger things in their respective
Adam Stone
This continues to be one of my favorite ways to read a family of titles. You get a better sense of time, you get a variety of storytelling styles, and if you don't like an arc, that's okay, there's probably going to be something else in the volume that you enjoy.

For me, the New Mutants issue was a fun Sunspot meta issue. I'm glad the space adventures are over, as they were fun but not riveting. But I like all the characters from the space story and the more Earthbbound story, and I'm curious how
Matty Dub
Sep 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Dawn of X v.7

Juicy bacon cheeseburger.
Its be amazing but the great patty (X-men #7), gooey cheese (Marauders #7), crispy bacon (Wolverine #1) and fresh veggies (New Mutants #7) are stuck between stale old buns (Excalibur #7-8)!!

This is still my favorite volume yet on the strength of the best X-Men issue so far, a great start from Wolverine, the good New Mutants team showing up and Marauders being its always awesome self. The best thing about this book though? No Fallen Angels!

Yu is so good in
Jamie Sigal
Sep 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
New Mutants was great, Wolverine was okay, Marauders was also okay, Excalibur was pretty good, and X-Men is what is keeping me coming back.
C
Sep 21, 2020 rated it liked it
Probably 3.5 but I wouldn't quite call it a 4.

I would say that this is my favorite volume so far of the Dawn books. The two worst books are either done (Fallen Angels) or more interesting this time around (Excalibur) which helps. The X-men issue actually shows a character grappling with the vast and sweeping changes that have happened (and this is really missing in these books in my opinion....) in a somewhat satisfying way.

Really, I think that if they had split off the timeline at the point
Michael Hicks
Sep 11, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: bought, comics
Volume 7 was a largely satisfying entry in Jonathan Hickmans on-going reinvention of Marvels line of X-books.

The high water mark this time around is Hickmans issue, which introduced the concept of the Crucible, a proving ground for mutants depowered by the Scarlett Witch way back when on M-Day. Its a meaty concept, and Hickmans script raises a number of spiritual and philosophical issues that provide some really compelling fodder.

The weakest link for me, though, has consistently been the
Sesana
Oct 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, superhumans
Really good volume. Fallen Angels has been replaced by Wolverine, which is an instant, huge upgrade. New Mutants finishes up the mutants in spaaaaace storyline, I think, and it's a really fun issue to read. Excalibur has two issues here, both much more fun than anything previously seen. Kind of reminds me of vintage Excalibur, in a very, very good way. Marauders doesn't have Kate Pryde, but it also doesn't need her. The cast of this book has been wonderfully fascinating. Last is X-Men, and it's ...more
Rocky Sunico
Dec 01, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, x-family
And thus ends my Dawn of X journey for now as I've run out of TPBs in my current collection. This volume was oddly disappointing in its scope, plus the fact it narrowed its focus to fewer titles, in this case X-Men, New Mutants, Marauders, Excalibur, and Wolverine.

X-Men continues to go all semi-mystical/philosophical in its continued efforts to define other facets of the new Krakoan mutant society. New Mutants is really pushing the limits and has gone full-on 4th wall breaking in terms of the
Sarospice
Nov 24, 2020 rated it liked it
This is cool. A catch all for the X-Men group of titles and with the current changes probably the best way to read them. The X-Men are no longer feared and hunted, they are The inhumans, better than us on their own private island kingdom and offering us drugs to keep us at bay. What to do when you have everything? Get bored it seems. Most characters are stuck in their heads with no direction now that death isn't even a threat. The best part IMO so far is seeing the villian mutants adjust to ...more
Martijn Van
Aug 28, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
X-Men: 4,5 ☆ Enter big religious and philosophical topics. The main serie is not the best overall story but it sure is the one with the best ideas.
Excalibur (double bill): 4 ☆ Love the fearmonging and politics. Builds on consequences and has good action.
Maruaders: 3,5 ☆ Good start to the second run/phase. I miss Kate, but this start works fine without her.
Wolverine: 3,5 ☆ Great 1st issue and nice sequel to the X-Force run. Really like the CIA/Drugrunners set-up.
New Mutants: 2 ☆ Annoying
Jason
What theses Dawn of X trades collect is now pretty random. No longer all the #7's (or whatever number) for this volume. This one, for example, includes Wolverine # 1 and excludes X-Men #7. But I'm still loving all the X-Men books and this meta-story.
Matthew Reinbold
Sep 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Excaliber storyline still seems like a random grab-bag of characters, places, and mcguffins. Others lack character growth. But holy hell, that volume ending with the crucible. OMG.
Afreen Aftab
Wolverine #1- 4/5
New mutants #7 - 2.5/5
Joseph
Dec 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All series are picking up pace and it's getting good. I wasn't the biggest fan of New Mutants in space but that could just be me.
Terrance
Sep 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The best of these collections so far, and a good introduction to the next set of X-titles that are coming. Hickman's titles are the best of the bunch (New Mutants and X-Men), but Wolverine had a strong beginning and Excalibur gets better with each issue.
Scratch

• Empyre
  • Silver Surfer: Black
  • Star Wars: The Rise of Kylo Ren
  • John Constantine, Hellblazer Vol. 1: Marks of Woe
  • Blood of Elves (The Witcher, #1)
  • Pulp
  • Doomsday Clock Part 2
  • Immortal Hulk, Volume 5: Breaker of Worlds

Dawn of X (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Dawn of X Vol. 1