Start by marking “Obscure Origin (Stellar Blood, #1)” as Want to Read:
Obscure Origin (Stellar Blood, #1)

Obscure Origin

(Stellar Blood #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  11 ratings  ·  8 reviews
They came in the dead of night.

Verity knew something was wrong the moment she heard them land. It got worse when the door to her room burst open, and they took her hostage.

Knox is on a mission to colonize Earth. What he doesn't expect to find is one human girl willing to fight him to save her planet.

Discover a new universe of problems when the aliens land Zara Hoffman's de
ebook
Published by ZH Press (first published January 4th 2021)

To ask other readers questions about Obscure Origin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Obscure Origin

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Obscure Origin (Stellar Blood, #1)
Dasha
Nov 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I didn't know what to expect when I started this book but I was very happy with it once I started reading. I don't want to give too much away but the story starts out with a kidnapping of a select group of people on Earth by aliens. The humans are taken to the aliens ship and separated into different cells. The aliens in the story are very similar in appearance to humans which will be explored later in the book. One of the people taken is Verity, the General of the USAF daughter and she puts up ...more
Natalie Locke
Nov 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This story has plenty of folds and layers to keep you turning the page after each chapter. The last seven chapters kept me up way past my bedtime so that I could finish it.

The author was able to balance the reader knowing more than the dual-POV characters without making us lose faith in the competence of our POV characters.

If you enjoy sci-fi that has more complex connections than the "us against them" approach that some stories have with aliens, then you will enjoy this book.

One of our POV c
Kristina
Nov 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is an enjoyable book and one I was happy to have found. The romance is well written and the addition of Arfilmea adds a nice amount of tension, while not being the stereotypical love triangle. Knox being pulled between romance and responsibility adds some nice balance and tension to the story.

I enjoyed the alien species and found their culture, food, and technology a good balance between the familiar and the unexpected. The main character was interesting and self resilient. I would have lik
Kelli
Nov 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Personally not a SiFi kinda gal, but Obscure Origin kept this Fantasy lover entertained and wanting more!
Crownoyami
Feb 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I went into this book with high expectations and have to say that they were all blown out of the water. This is the first book I've read, which deals with both aliens and a reasonable modern Earth at the same time. It's set in present-day Earth, and, honestly, the setting is perfect for this story. What I found really shone through the book is the pacing. It's a quick read, going from one chapter to the next easily, even though each chapter is from a different character's POV (switching between ...more
Hannah Reeves
Feb 11, 2021 rated it really liked it
Holy wow was this good! I never thought that I would like a prisoner/captive romance, but it was well done. It wasn't like they were captives for two chapters and the next thing you know their married and off having children, it was a real fight for Verity and Knox to understand each other and come to terms that they perhaps did have feelings for each other. The alien dynamic was really cool, their home planet was destroyed/no longer habitable so they kidnapped humans and tested on them. There i ...more
Sentinelle23
Dec 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
💖💚👽🛸🌏I can’t wait to read more !

Somewhere on Earth, in a military training center, General Landau’s daughter (Verity) is training with her comrades.

One night, in the sleeping barracks, she hears an incredible noise.
She gets up suddenly and hides.

But strange strangers suddenly burst into her bedroom.
A fight then begins...

-----------

A gripping science-fiction novel in which we follow the mysterious adventures of Verity with great attention.

Who is she ?

Here is a very original sci-fi reading.
I real
Natalie
Feb 16, 2021 rated it liked it
Overall, this was a pretty fun read, but I didn’t feel like there was much connection between the love interests and that was a big part of the book. I still did enjoy it, and I’m excited for the next book to come out. I’m a very character driven person and I think this book was more plot driven so if you like plots over characters this read is for you!
Kyla Phillips
Apr 11, 2021
Amanda
Apr 21, 2021
Goodreads Librari...: Indirect Amazon link 3 13 Feb 14, 2021 07:18AM
Goodreads Librari...: Please create Stellar Blood series 3 10 May 23, 2020 11:52AM

• Fairest (The Lunar Chronicles, #3.5)
  • Jung's Map of the Soul: An Introduction
  • Son of Krampus (Holidays of Love, #4)
  • 5 Secrets of Story Structure: How to Write a Novel That Stands Out
  • Invasive Species
  • Ça n'arrivera pas
  • Ulta Z2
  • The House at the Edge of Time and Space: Encounters With the Cthulhu Mythos (The Other Book Two 7)
  • Gettin' Lucky (Holidays of Love, #1)
  • Under The Mistletoe (Matchmaker, #1)
  • Claiming Fifi (Club Ménage, #1)
  • Final Fight (Evita Sánchez,  #3)
  • Final Breath: The Sci-Fi Thriller Trilogy (Evita Sánchez Book 1)
  • Final Heartbeat
  • A Wizard’s Guide to Defensive Baking
  • The Black Freighter: A Caribbean Spy Thriller
  • Les Ténèbres d'Orcus
  • Blood Ties (Spirit Animals, #3)
Zara Hoffman is a grad student and YA & NA author. She spends most of her time doing homework and writing new stories. When she isn’t wrapped up in projects, Zara can be found relaxing with friends and family, listening to music, reading and writing, or playing with her dog, Riley.

Connect with Zara online on her website, her Ko-fi page, and Instagram.

Stellar Blood (3 books)
  • Bitter Blood (Stellar Blood, #2)
  • Sacred Souls (Stellar Blood, #3)

News & Interviews