Start by marking “For Every Cat an Angel” as Want to Read:
For Every Cat an Angel

For Every Cat an Angel

4.48  ·  Rating details ·  56 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Many people feel a magical connection with one special cat or dog in their life. These two heartwarming books celebrate the timeless love between people and their "forever cats" and "forever dogs". Filled with colorful illustrations of cats and dogs lovingly cared for by their guardian angels, these charming little books will delight animal lovers young and old and bring c ...more
Published January 27th 2001 by Lighthearted Press (first published December 2000)

To ask other readers questions about For Every Cat an Angel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about For Every Cat an Angel

Mayda
Jan 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: animal-stories, cats
Christine Davis has managed to do the nearly impossible: write a story about the forever love between pet-owner and pet that is delightful and charming without being too sugary sweet. She describes the relationship between pet and person that goes beyond life on earth in a way that is enchanting and surprisingly believable. Who's to say it can't happen! The lovely illustrations add magic to this little book that everyone who has loved a cat should read and own.
L.V. Sage
May 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
After a traumatic three days with our four-year old cat Salem wherein he underwent extensive procedures to save his life (he didn't make it), a package arrived in the mail. It was from the hospital. I couldn't imagine what it could be, but when I opened it I found a copy of this book. The vet and techs who worked with Salem all wrote personal and heartfelt messages in it and they attached a photo of him while he was there receiving treatment. The story itself is overwhelmingly sweet and hopeful, ...more
Tiffany
Jan 22, 2009 rated it liked it
Brooke
Apr 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cats, borrowed
I'm not a fan of the illustration style (though I love the colors and the hidden humor), but the last third of the book completely got me. "A cat can never really be separated from its forever person . . . Sometimes cats will cross the angel bridge to visit their forever person on earth." And dogs, too.
Ann Santori
Jul 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2015
Welp . . . starting sobbing after about a page, so definitely emotionally resonant. I like how the book remained spiritual vs. overtly religious . . . made it accessible to many different types of people. Would definitely recommend for anyone just going through a loss as well as anyone who has loved and lost in the past.
Elizabeth
Dec 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: animals
I was expecting this to be overly saccharine and schmaltzy to the point of humor, but I was pleasantly surprised. This carefully-written gift book is unexpectedly powerful. It offers a gentle portrayal of the love between a person and her cat, and the book is sweet without being soppy. Perfect for all cat lovers.
Laren
Sep 19, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone whose pet died
Shelves: children
This is a simple children's book which can be quite comforting to those who have lost a pet (there's one for dogs too). I happened across it after my first cat died, and liked it to so much that I sent one to my niece when her cat was hit by a car.
Lorie
Apr 07, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This book was donated to my library in honor of my "forever cats", Martini and Rossi, after I lost them in a fire. It will always be a book close to my heart.
Belenda Kemp