Start by marking “The Jersey” as Want to Read:

The Jersey

Dan West wonders which is more important to him: Helping his long-time friend win back his business after being accused of stealing money from the company or coaching his eleven-year-old son’s soccer team trying to win an improbable championship.

Money and prestige don’t motivate Dan. Rather, family, work and coaching soccer are the underpinnings of his life. He revels in t
Published November 13th 2019 by Allie H Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Jersey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Jersey

Start your review of The Jersey
Anthony
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Review

This was a beautifully written, powerful and emotional read. A steady read that draws readers into the life of protagonist Dan, readers are left reeling as much as Dan himself after the tragic event that tears his family apart. The author does an excellent job of showcasing a detailed backstory and delving fully into Dan’s career as an attorney with a healthy balance of family life leading up to the tragedy.

What really is captured is the raw pain that comes with tragic events and loss
L.S.
Jan 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Jersey tells a beautiful story, packed with emotion, humour, fun, and oodles of poignant moments.
The story surprised me, though I'm not sure what I was expecting. Much of the story centred around a reluctant Dan coaching his son's soccer team, seeing the boys bond and grow together in confidence and ability. I doubt Dan realised how rewarding the job would be, and spending quality time with his boy made it all extra special.

What I loved about this story was the way the author effortlessly mo
Melissa Ammons
Nov 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
This story centers around Charley and his soccer team. Charley's dad, Dan, gets wrangled into coaching the soccer team, all the while continuing to practice law, working on a case where his friend, Arthur, is accused of stealing money from his own company. The "twist" I was expecting was Arthur admitting he stole the money when the case settled. Boy, was I ever wrong! The twist is something entirely different.

Read the book to find out!
Margie Minkler
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Jersey is an engrossing, delightful and heartbreaking glimpse into the life of a modern American family man. With characters, living, breathing and universally human, Rosenberg captures the feel, the complexity, and the meaning of real life, true love and community; the glory of youth sports and the ongoing, universal struggle for justice. Absorbing from start to finish.
Brian
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this book very much and I think readers will be able to relate to a couple of the story lines as I did. The author has an excellent story telling capacity which makes both of his books not only very easy to read but entertaining while keeping the reader guessing. The author was also not afraid to take some risks in this book which led to a wide range of emotions.
Robin Friedman
Dec 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. From start to finish. Wonderful balance of legal drama and every day family life. Extreme emotion with words that tear at heartstrings. A very enjoyable work of fiction with real characters.
Kay Salter
Dec 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Jersey

This is an emotional story that continues to build throughout the book. You will witness the great love of one man.
Amy
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
James F Rosenberg has written a beautiful story with The Jersey. I have to admit, I was not sure what to expect with this one. When I was about a third of the way through, I realized I just could not stop listening to the audio version of it. The combination of the author’s writing and the superb performance of Brian Avers’s narration, brought on numerous emotions from me. I found parts of it that just warmed my heart and others that just tore me to pieces and had to grab the tissues. What a won ...more
Lyd412
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This slice-of-life story felt familiar and real. The trials and tribulations of parenting and coaching youth sports, combined with the love story between two of the main characters while they balanced family life and professional life were spot on. I really enjoyed this book.
Jodi Hunter
Jan 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The book was super good, I actually got through it in a couple of days because it was hard to put down.
Michele Levine
Lynne Lewis
marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2020
James Rosenberg
Jan 17, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Alicia Haney
marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2020

• Justice League: Rebirth Deluxe Edition Book 1
  • Long Range (Joe Pickett #20)
  • Mob Lawyer: A Legal Thriller
  • White Out (Badlands Thriller, #1)
  • Legacy of Lies (Bocephus Haynes, #1)
  • The Jersey: A Story of Loss and Redemption
  • True Intent (Nate Shephard Legal Thriller, #2)
  • Sunshine State (Jake Longly #3)
  • Big Lake Honeymoon (Big Lake, #7)
  • Ronan O'Higgins
  • If I Had a Nickel (Roy Ballard Mysteries, #3)
  • TRAFFIC: A Jessie McIntyre Novel (Jessie McIntyre Series Book 1)
  • Toward the Midnight Sun
  • Burn You Twice (Montana Series #1)
  • Innocence On Trial
  • Photographing the Dead (Nameless #2)
  • Mob Lawyer 2: A Legal Thriller
  • An Equal Justice (David Adams, #1)

News & Interviews