Start by marking “Double Barrel Horror, Vol. 3” as Want to Read:
Double Barrel Horror, Vol. 3

Double Barrel Horror, Vol. 3

Brace yourself for another two-barrel blast of unrelenting horror and suspense. Volume 3 of the 'Double Barrel Horror' anthology series delivers two chilling tales from each of six talented authors for a 12-story onslaught that will blow you out of your sneakers. This time around, your fate lies in the hands of Christine Morgan, Mark Matthews, Theresa Braun, Calvin Demmer, ...more
Published March 22nd 2020 by Pint Bottle Press

To ask other readers questions about Double Barrel Horror, Vol. 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Double Barrel Horror, Vol. 3

Start your review of Double Barrel Horror, Vol. 3
Candace Robinson
Mar 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was such a fun anthology with awesome horror and more! I absolutely loved Theresa Braun’s story so much, and I’ve loved everything she’s written so far! Her story was a true page turner! Never a disappointment! Calvin Demmer has another hit on his hands and I was sucked into his story right away! This anthology had intriguing writing and full of awesomeness!
Char
The Double Barrel series features two stories by each author, and these collected volumes put them all together in one handy paperback. Volume 3 features 6 authors, most of whom I've read before.

From Christine Morgan, (whose novel WHITE DEATH I've previously read and enjoyed), we have EYE SEE YOU, and it knocked my socks off. What a great way to kick off a collection!

From Robert Essig, (an author I have not had the pleasure of reading prior to this), we have FROM UNCLEAN SPELLS. I always have e
Well Read Beard
May 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-books
3.5 Stars
An All-Star lineup of Horror Oddities.

The Double Barrel series has a really cool premise in the fact that you get 2 stories from 6 different authors. I think that is important. I think it is extremely nice to get 2 different stories, especially if these authors are new to you. That way if one of the stories doesn't hit you right, there is a 2nd one coming right up. I just think it's a nice concept for an anthology and one I hadn't really experienced before. The stories are short in this
David
May 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2020, horror
I had a lot of fun with these double shots of horror. Two shorts by each author, with the perfect length and pacing. My full review can be read here ---> https://wp.me/p5t5Tf-1U2 ...more
Dianne
Apr 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Six talented purveyors of terror have teamed up to give even the bravest heart a little stutter or two. Prepare to shiver, feel fingers crawling up your spine and sometimes, grateful not to have just eaten. Christine Morgan, Mark Matthews, Theresa Braun, Calvin Demmer, Glenn Rolfe, and Robert Essig each hand out a double portion of what they do best, create the unimaginable and bring it life in twelve short stories that need no added fluff to fatten their tales.

It’s no secret that many of these
Keely
Feb 03, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5/5 rounded up for Goodreads
Steve Stred
Apr 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
** Edited as review is now live on Kendall Reviews! **

Pint Bottle Press returns with the third installment of their gruesome double feature collection and for this one, they’ve collected some outstanding authors. Featuring Christine Morgan, Robert Essig. Mark Matthews, Theresa Braun, Calvin Demmer and Glenn Rolfe this is one guaranteed to have an author with a story you must read.

What I liked: I really enjoy how each author had two stories which allowed them to go in completely different directi
Gerardo Delgadillo
Apr 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
DOUBLE BARREL HORROR VOL 3 is all about, um, horror! This anthology features two horror shorts per author, which I liked. Why? It showcases the talented writers' ability to write two separate, unrelated, disjointed, have-nothing-to-do-with-each-other stories. And it works! A great concept with awesome stories and excellent I-didn't-see-it-coming endings.

Kudos to all the authors who collaborated in DOUBLE BARREL HORROR VOL 3!

Brennan LaFaro
Jun 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Volume three serves as my introduction to the unique way this series runs. How many times have you passed judgment on an author based on a story you read in an anthology? If you could see me, you might note that I’m typing with one hand because the other is raised. Selecting six authors and presenting two stories from each works nicely on a few levels. First, the obvious. If you read a story by an author that doesn’t resonate, you get to try something else to see whether it was that author’s voi ...more
Kameron
May 27, 2020 rated it really liked it

(review request submitted by Theresa Braun, contributing author, for an honest critique)

There are twelve stories in this gory anthology. I am going to share my favorite story from each author.

I had no idea so many phrases had the word “eye” in it. Christine Morgan’s Eye See You discussed mentioned several.

*keeping an eye on you
*look with your eyes, not your hands
*eye spy with my little eye
*eyes in the back of your head
*eat with your eyes first

When a child hears these phrases, their minds migh
Didi Oviatt
May 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Just wow, talk about a powerhouse line up of horror writers here! To be honest, I picked this book of stories up solely based on my readership to Theresa Braun. I’ve been following her short stories ever since I read Dead Over Heels as a part of its release tour back in 2018. Ever since then I’ve been completely hooked on her stuff. I was really excited to see her paired up with so many other writers, as it's been a while since I picked up a really scary read, and even longer since I found new a ...more
Suz Jay
Apr 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
I love the concept behind the double barrel horror series—six authors contribute two stories each. A cool book cover illustration accompanies each duet. I was impressed by the author line up and the way every set nicely showcases the storytelling talents of each contributor.

I enjoyed each story, but wanted to focus my review on my favorite story in each pair.

“Eye See You” by Christine Morgan features a young girl who internalizes the trauma she experienced on a theme park ride. The narrator’s
Noelle Kelly
May 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The cover art and images throughout Double Barrel anthology are just as brilliant and well placed as each story. They have a nostalgic B-movie vibe and are matched with each pair of stories.

Each of the contributory authors, has two stories to offer. Double the stab in the brain and the punch in the gut.

‘Eye See You’ and ‘Sharp Obsidian’ by Christine Morgan

The first is a quirky and gory psychological tale of an all seeing evil eye. The second is a blood-soaked tribal tale of a village battling an
William Bitner Jr.
Double-Barrel Horror, Volume 3
By Matthew Weber (editor), Christine Morgan (contributor), Robert Essig (contributor), Mark Matthews (contributor), Theresa Braun (contributor), Calvin Demmer (contributor) & Glenn Rolfe (contributor)

Genre - Horror/Short Story/Anthology/Multi Authors
Pages - 150
Publication Information - Pint Bottle Press - March 22, 2020
ASIN: B0868ZF5DB
Format - Digital (Kindle)
Reviewed by: William C. Bitner, Jr., https://booksinmylibraryblog.wordpres...
Rating: 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Contained within t
Richelle SheReadsHorror
Double barrel horror 3
I’m currently reading this book and after reading the first two stories and how much I wrote about it. I feel like I should share each authors section separately. This will all be combined for goodreads but with Instagram you don’t get enough room to talk about all of this. So here we are. 😆

Stories by Christine Morgan
Eye see you
(Story of a girl who’s afraid of eyes.) a weird little story which I thought the ending gave me a feeling of relief when it was over lol .. I didn
Valerie
Apr 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
This includes 2 stories from 6 writers that offer creepy, horrible, nerve racking entertainment. With Christine Morgan, Robert Essig, Mark Matthews, Theresa Braun, Calvin Demmer and Glenn Rolfe you can’t go wrong!

Goodwin by Mark Matthews tore me apart! Calvin Demmer’s Highway Hunger brings us tentacles and his Motel Madness takes you to a special place in Hell! Theresa Braun’s Stillborn gives us an alien life form, and with Homecoming you get the sense of a long held tradition of returning to a
Daniel Yocom
Sep 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The aim of the authors is true, and they hit their targets with great impact. I was jolted by these stories. They have twists and turns. Each of these writers have credits that stand out on their own. Together, this anthology provides a great highlight of their talents. They touch on horror themes that are well known, but with their own spark of insight.

You can read the complete review at https://guildmastergaming.blogspot.co...
Morgan Tanner
Apr 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a first for me; an anthology where each writer contributes two stories. What a great idea! I’ve read many anthologies where perhaps one story didn’t really do it for me, or another was properly wow-mazing, and that was all I had to judge an author on.

But here, they all have two chances to impress. And on the whole, they didn’t need to try twice, although I’m glad to have had double the entertainment from them all.

Christine Morgan kicks things off with Eye See You, in which paranoia is t
Kim Lo
May 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Review: https://klling.wordpress.com/2020/05/...

While I haven’t read any of the previous two volumes of Double Barrel Horror anthologies, Volume 3 is structured by its authors and their two stories each. For each of the author, it shows off their writing style and sometimes, even a little correlation in detail from one story to the next. Each of these stories are different in their premise and also have their own uniqueness and creativity. Its fairly imaginative and each one has their own twist.
Sheilah
Apr 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Looking for a short spooky adventure? Then look no further, this anthology is packed full of original and strange tales to delight all you horror fans out there.

First thing though, I loved the cover of this book. Brian Burks did an awesome job creating that B movie horror flick feel.

I don't want to go into every story, so I will highlight a few that stood out to me.

Eye See You by Christine Morgan, was one story that grabbed me above all the rest. Morgan sparked my psyche as a reader and I fell u
Gloria
May 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A great collection of stories from authors to really watch. In particular 'Wicked Smart Carnie' by Mark Matthews had my stomach turning and is still stuck in my mind. As well as 'Fuel for the King of Death' by Robert Essig, which is stomach churning for a much different reason.

In this collection you'll get violence and gore, bitter endings, unimaginable monsters, and from every writer, some damn good writing.
Alexa Whitewolf
Jun 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have to admit I’m not a fan of horror but this was actually super fun to read! Each story brings something unique, and true horror fans will enjoy the diversity of plots and scares 😉 Highly recommend it!
S.J. Budd
Apr 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing! Review coming soon
Chris Carroll
Apr 27, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020
Fun horror stories! Some creepy, some gross, some touching, Double Barrel Horror vol. 3 is a very good collection of horror stories by authors who are new to me, but whom I’ll be reading more from.
Menion
Jul 06, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, horror
Exactly 2/3 of the authors in this collection brought at least something to the table. The other two added nothing. Worth it if you find it used, not really worth the cover price
Comicsaurus
Apr 16, 2020
Matthew Weber
Apr 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: wrote

• Infected 2: Tales to Read Alone
  • Misfits
  • The Gulp: Tales From The Gulp 1
  • The Celestial Assignment
  • Anger is an Acid (The Patience of a Dead Man #3)
  • The Horror Collection: Silver Edition
  • Crossroads
  • Seeing Things
  • The Best of Indie Horror
  • The Apocalypse Strain
  • The Flashlighters (Nightmareland Chronicles, #4)
  • The Boy from the Woods
  • Food Fright
  • What's Coming for You
  • Lyrics & Curses (Cursed Hearts, #1)
  • Dead and Breakfast