Start by marking “The Blood King (Inferno Rising, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Blood King (Inferno Rising, #2)

The Blood King

(Inferno Rising #2)

Ruthless dragon king Ladon Ormarr must keep his throne at all costs. And now, with war on the horizon, he’ll need a miracle. Luckily, the fates have dropped Skylar Amon right into his lap.

Except he may have met his match.

The feisty Amon sister has no fear — of him or any other dragon shifter — is brash, doesn’t stick to protocols, and regularly offends his warriors and adv
Published August 25th 2020 by Entangled: Amara

Start your review of The Blood King (Inferno Rising, #2)
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
Even better than The Rogue King!

When I read The Rogue King a year ago, I think it was my first dragon shifter book. I really enjoyed it because it wasn’t just a story about a shifter and his mate, it was more of an urban fantasy about the entire kingdom and the struggles both of them had gone through and were going through. This book furthered the storylines started in the first book and there was a ton of chemistry between the couple involved.

In the first book, the The Rogue King was Brand Aste
Madison Warner Fairbanks
The Blood King by Abigail Owen

2nd book in the Inferno Rising series. Fantasy dragon shifter romantic suspense. Should be read in series order.

A lot of pieces. A complex layering of strategies. Gamesmanship. Chess is used as a layering piece by the author and characters to strategize.
Unfortunately it’s winning at a level where treachery is high and power is the ultimate gamble.
Red, Gold, Blue, Green, Black and White dragon clans fight for domination hoping one of the Phoenix sisters will be abl
Cindy ✩☽♔
Jul 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, arc
Rating ~3.5

You gotta love the haters to lovers trope. Much like the first book, we have a plentiful mix of sexual tension and supernatural politics. And while we've always known there was more to this world than dragons and humans, we get further glimpses here.

I'm not sure if I like this quite as much as the first one in this series, but it is pretty close. Same, fast-paced action and shifter romance we've come to expect from dear Ms. Owen.

Characters:
Skylar is protector of the four sisters. Sh
❤️Emma Book Lover ❤️
4 stars

Pfew! The adventure continues and it's freaking awesome!

After that finale in book one I was dying to get my hands on this book.
Ladon The Blood King has found his own phoenix and his match , that's for sure.
Skylar Amon is Kasia's sister , black hair, blue eyes, strong willed, stubborn and a true fighter. She comes to the Blue Clan mountain to save her sister, believing Kasia has been forced to mate the dragon but soon she discovers, that isn't true at all, her sister is happy mated and
Sheena ☆ Oh, the Sheenanigans!

‘The Blood King’ was the perfect follow-up to ‘The Rogue King’ in the Inferno Rising series. It follows the journey of Skylar, one of the quadruplets (all sisters) whose mother was known as the last known phoenix in the world before her death, coming to the aid of Kaisa who she believed was forced to mate Brand. During the course of the not-so-happy reunion, she meets the Blood King, Landon, and then woo-wee! It starts to get muy caliente!

The oozing sexual tension, the back and
Marta Cox
Jul 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Skylar has snuck into the Lair of the Blue Dragons and is determined to rescue her sister. Trouble is Kasia doesn't want to be rescued because she's quite happy right there with Brand, her Dragon Mate .Things quickly escalate though when the somewhat reluctant King of the Blue Dragons Ladon realises that another Phoenix has fallen into his lap and this time he's prepared to risk everything to hold onto her no matter what his Clan might think.
This is a fun world that the author has created with f
tiffany
Feb 16, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
- i love skylar's attitude
- the side story of arden and reid is GREAT
- the bromance between brand and landon
- how they had an unconventional start to their relationship, but eventually build it over time to love
- the banter between the two...loved it
- the blood king has such a nice badass ring to it

---------------

ngl, i kinda love landon lol.

---------------

with THAT TEASER at the end of the first book, i'm bound to read this ASAP.
Dianne
Jul 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ladon has finally met his match, in more ways than one and the feisty, fiery Skylar Amon is just as determined to avoid any commitment with the fierce dragon king. She is a phoenix on a mission to avenge her parents’ death and reunite her sisters, but does she have what it takes besides determination?

Abigail Owen’s THE BLOOD KING is filled with razor-sharp banter, inner dialogue that feels like neither Ladon or Skylar are really prepared for what Fate has in store for them. And the tension betwe
Amanda Deur
Jul 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So I'll be honest, I had misread the description and I didn't know this was a dragon shifter book. I'm not a very big fan of shifter books. So I was a little bummed when I started reading. However, the doubts flew out the window like the fastest bird in the world. I LOVED this ARC. I started reading this yesterday and I finished yesterday. It was so good I couldn't stop reading.

The writing style is great and makes for an easy read and the characters are wild, unique and sexy as hell. Move over S
Mindy Lou's Book Review
I'm excited because I have found a new author who does PNR really well. I love dragon shifter books and I felt like this was a fresh take on dragons.

The heroine was awesome! I love a female lead who can kick butt just as much as the male lead. There is one particular fight scene that I got suck a kick out of and thought her gift was used creatively.

The male lead character had a great mix of tough, possessiveness along with a softer side for the heroine. It's not a mix that is always easy to fin
Abigail Owen
Aug 05, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
You've never met dragons quite like these! The follow-on to the award-winning book, The Rogue King. It's finally here!!!! Eek! So excited. Can you feel my excitement? Hope y'all love it. :)

NOW AVAILABLE

Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
description

‘Dragons needed to fly, their souls craving the sky like the body needed the blood in its veins.’

The Blood King by Abigail Owen is the second book in the dragon shifter romance series, Inferno Rising. Whilst this series can be read as standalone’s we urge you to read this series in order as whilst each book is about a different couple, the crux of the storyline is one that continues. We love a good shifter romance and this series is why. Fabulously written with action, drama, mystery and heat, i
♥ WishfulMiss ♥
Rating: 5 Stars

The second book in the Inferno Rising series is about Skylar and Ladon. If you’ve read Rogue King you were left with a killer cliffy that introduced Skylar. She gave off a warrior vibe and I was all over her girl power vibes! Throw in the fact that Ladon was a yummy but slightly rigid MC and I was shipping them hard and the wait for book two was torture!

Luckily this picks up immediately after that intense ending and it’s everything that I wanted it to be! We meet new charact
Alaina
I have received this ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

The Blood King was such a fun book to dive into. Just like the previous one, I devoured this in one sitting. There's just something about the characters and Abigail's writing that makes me fall in love with everything so freaking quickly.

In it, you will meet Skylar and Ladon. These two had so much sexual tension that I was nearly drowning in it. Then there's the playful banter that I ate up in every single page and chapter
Jewlsbookblog

Who doesn’t love a good dragon tale?!

Picking up where The Rogue King left off, The Blood King was just as jam packed as it’s predecessor! Enemies to lovers, sarcasm and snappy conversations...I loved the gradual build up between Ladon and Skylar as it showcased the growth of their feelings towards one another. It also gave me time to wrap my brain around their relationship and believe they could actually work out!

The side characters also play a strong role. For starters, I’m hoping S
Maranda
Aug 10, 2020 rated it liked it
Second in this Inferno Rising Series by Abigail Owen. Just could not connect with these characters of Blood King. I had read the first in this series and and liked it fine. Of course as always if it about dragons pick it up to read. "A copy of this book was provided by Netgalley with no requirements for a review. Comments here are my honest opinion." ...more
Aug 22, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ARC received for review

Great second book. It picks up right where the first one left off. Skylar is just as stubborn and amazing as her sister. Ladon doesn't want to take no for an answer, and doesn't. Lots of drama, battling dragons, and hot sex. Now, who will the next sister wind up with?
Mary Kirkland
Aug 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Skylar thinks she is going to rescue her sister from the dragons and her supposed mate but she finds out very quickly that her sister doesn't need rescuing.

Ladon only wants to mate Skylar so that he has more power to take out the High King. But they have a lot of chemistry that neither of them were expecting.

Ladon is the leader of the Blue Dragons and he needs a strong show of power in order to get some of the other clans to side with him against the High King who is looking for Skylar and her
Tricia
Aug 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, pnr, fantasy, netgalley, magic
I've been eagerly awaiting this book since the minute I finished The Rogue King! While I thoroughly enjoyed it, I think Kasia stole the show in a lot of ways in the first book and Skylar was a bit more enigmatic and more standoffish in this one so it made it harder to connect. It also made the connection between Skylar and Landon a bit more fickle. The chemistry was there but there was less longing and more of them scrambling to push back apart from each other. It was kinda the opposite of what ...more
Julia
Kim
Sep 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book
I really liked this book. The chemistry between the main characters is soo good. It had some funny bits in it as well. And the story is somewhat the same as the first book but has some nice twist in it.

Overal a nice read and I'm looking forward to the next book.
Lail
Jul 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Blood King (Inferno Rising Book 2) by Abigail Owen
I am now so hooked on dragons! I loved the chemistry between the ruthless but hot and sexy Dragon King and the sassy and impudent Phoenix Warrior. It was off the charts steamy! The storyline was engaging, exciting, and action packed, with great world building and charismatic characters that you love and love to hate. I can’t wait for the next book in this series!
Happy Reading♥️
Content Note: This tantalizing story is adult rated with strong l
Ezrah (I Heart Romance)
I Heart Romance ARC

Book two in the  Inferno Rising  series knocked it out of the park and did not disappoint! Heck, I even like it better than  The Rogue King , which I gave 4.5 hearts!

In The Blood King, we are introduced to the eldest Amon sister, Skylar, who is hell-bent on rescuing her sister, Kasia, from the clutches of the Dragon King, who is now her mate. Unfortunately for her, she attracts the notice of the Blood King, Ladon. In a series of unfortunate events, Skylar has no choice but to agree t

Linda Romer
Aug 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews
I really liked The Blood King. I loved getting to know the four sisters better. Skylar was amazing, strong and brave. I loved her personality, fun and snarky at times. The evil Pytheios was mean as ever. Ladon Ormarr, gah...hot and horney dragon! Skylar and Ladon, they make an amazing couple. Plenty of action and a great ending. Looking forward to Samael and Meiras story.

I give The Blood King 4 stars for its adventurous read!
I would recommend this book to Paranormal Romance Fans
#TheBloodKing #Ne
AJ
Jul 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this boo. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you to the publishers and Netgalley for accepting my request!

"Are you so blinded by hatred that you can't hear me or see what's right in front of your face? I love him."

This is the first book I've read in this series and now I'm craving for more. Dragon shifters? Check! Enemies to lovers? Check! Amazing world building? Check, check, check! The pacing was well done and I didn't find myself b
Lisa Malmquist
Oct 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Dragon King Ladon Ormarr must keep his people safe from the cruel false High King of the Red Dragons. Skylar Oman is a Phoenix and fated to take a mate/husband who is a dragon king.
Skylar and Ladon butt heads right from the beginning because they are too much alike.
Strong willed, smart, stubborn and fighters, but they understand each other too.
A phoenix mate is needed to make sure he can keep his thrown. But Skylar isn't sure she wants to stay around. She just came to make sure her other sis
InD'tale Magazine
Rating: 4.5/5.0

All bets are off when Skylar turns up in the Dragon King’s court.

Read full review in the 2021 February issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Sep 06, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020

Julie - One Book More
The second book in the Inferno Rising series, The Blood King centers around Skylar, one of the quadruplets whose mother was the last know phoenix of their time. Now deceased, she passed her powers onto her daughters. At the start of The Blood King, Skye attempts to save her sister Kasia (the protagonist in the first book), who she believes is being held against her will. Skylar finds out quickly that her sister is actually happily mated to a dragon shifter. She also meets Ladon, the handsome blo ...more
Judi
I love these dragon shifters! I haven't really enjoyed shifter books in quite a while, but Abigail brought me back in like gangbusters! From the first one I read in the Fire's Edge series, I was captivated. And I have stayed that way straight through.

This one brings us Ladon and Skylar's story. Ladon is every woman's most enticing dream, and most horrendous nightmare. As a Dragon, he's magnificent. As a man, he's headstrong, closed off, appears lacking in emotions, and a born leader...who doesn'

• Burning Ash (Forgotten Brotherhood, #3)
  • Ancient Enemy (Ancients Rising #2)
  • If I Never Met You
  • The Girl in the Spider's Web (Millennium, #4)
  • Bjorn Cursed (Forgotten Brotherhood, #4)
  • Whisper Network
  • An Easy Death (Gunnie Rose, #1)
  • Ancient Protector (Ancients Rising, #1)
  • Ancient Enforcer (Ancients Rising #3)
  • The Book Charmer (Dove Pond, #1)
  • Hunted by the Winter King (Faeted Mates, #1)
  • Rules of Civility
  • Heart of the Dragons (Bad Dragons, #2)
  • Draven's Electus: Afterlife Saga (King of Kings Book 2)
  • Arctic Bite (Forgotten Brotherhood, #2)
  • Alien King Crashes the Wedding (Lumerian Knights #1)
  • Afterlife (Afterlife Saga, #1)
See top shelves…
Multi-award-winning author, Abigail Owen, writes adult paranormal romance & upper YA fantasy romance. She loves plots that move hot and fast, feisty heroines with sass, heroes with heart, a dash of snark, and oodles of HEAs! Other titles include wife, mother, Star Wars geek, ex-competitive skydiver, spreadsheet lover, eMBA, organizational guru, Texan, Aggie, and chocoholic.

Abigail attempted to fin

Inferno Rising (4 books)
  • The Rogue King (Inferno Rising, #1)
  • The Warrior King (Inferno Rising, #3)
  • Untitled (Inferno Rising, #4)

News & Interviews

We all want to spend more time lost in the pages of great books. That's the idea behind our annual 2021 Goodreads Reading Challenge! It's...
“She scowled. “Damn straight. Stubborn women keep the world from falling to shit.” 1 likes