Start by marking “Holidate (Dating, #3)” as Want to Read:
Holidate (Dating, #3)

Holidate

(Dating #3)

Candice Gaines loves Christmas. Not only does she bask in the twinkling lights, sing Christmas carols and go crazy with the decorations, she’s also in the giving spirit, donating much of her time and wealth to various charities in the local area.

Paperback, 1st Edition, 276 pages
Published October 9th 2019 by EM Publishing

Start your review of Holidate (Dating, #3)
Christy
Nov 29, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars

This was such a fun and sweet holiday romance! I love a good grumpy hero and Charlie was perfect! I loved the banter and chemistry between Charlie and Candice. It made me so happy!

Candice loves Christmas and she's full of cheer. She spends her days volunteering and planning and the holidays is her time to shine. She's at event to event and she enjoys it. Charlie Sullivan's family owns the biggest tree farm and he is a bit of a grouch. He definitely has no interest in going to any holiday
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

2.5 Stars

Alright, let’s do another one. If you are so basic of a white girl that your family thinks your Pinterest only consists of things like the following when it comes to Christmas gifts you might wish for . . . . .

This is the book for you. It is 100% a Hallmark Christmas movie in written format. Gorgeous curmudgeon (whose family just so happens to own the local Christmas tree farm) gets paired with a Christmas loving
Kat
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christmas, library-2
Candace volunteers as a decorator and event planner for charitable organizations in memory of her mother. It’s Christmas, and one of the donors, who owns a Christmas Tree farm, begs her to help her socially awkward son navigate the social scene for Christmas so he can assume his role at the helm of the family business. Charlie was super cute and an awkward “I just want to be out on the farm with my trees” lumberjack type. I completely loved this one and their enemies to friends to lovers romance ...more
Syndi
Feb 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Oh wow! This book is that perfect hallmark christmas movie. So sweet and full of that toes curling swooning. And there is no steamy, dirty sex. Just a cute warm kissing.

There is that how Candice turns Charlie into a warm vulnerable hero. I adore Charlie. He is the Grinch. He really is. The romance is not cheesy OTT.

Gosh, I like it very much.

4 stars
Monica Murphy
Oct 15, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: i-wrote-this
I love this book. Holidate was so much fun to write. It made me smile, laugh and tear up. I hope you give it a chance. This is my fave book I've written all year! 🎄

Holi-date-Teaser-9-AN
TJ *Book Twins Reviews*
Dec 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
There’s nothing better than a super cute book with a grump as the main character!! Charlie was mess and I loved him. Hahahaha

I thought Candice was super sweet and engaging when we meet her in Fake Date. Friendly, quirky, and sweet. I was happy to see those characteristics carried over into this installment.

Things I loved:
So, Christmas is my jam. Anything Christmas and I’m here for it, so obviously the promise was a win for me.
Cameos - we see characters from the previous books and get a mini c
Kate R
Oct 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
Holidate is the third book in the Dating series. It does read as a standalone though. We met Candice in the second book, as she is Jared’s sister. She didn’t leave the best impression in that book and I wasn’t sure I would even like her in this one. But, in this book, you get to know Candice much better and she is super sweet, generous, has a heart of gold and she loves Christmas! In a twist of events, Candice gets roped into helping an older woman, Isabel, with her son, Charlie, during the Chri ...more
Nursebookie
Dec 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a perfect setting to fall in love in - the Monterey Peninsula! One of my favorite places to visit in the world. Surrounded by Christmas tree farms and of course the world famous Carmel By The Sea.

Cue, the ever so fashionable Candice Gaines who at 28 yo chairs a few committees raising money for various local charities. She has a huge heart and generous with her wealth.

What is a cute romance without the doting mother who takes advantage of Candice’s generosity and introduces her son Charlie
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
This was a fun holiday story about two people not looking for love but finding it when they least expect it. Charlie runs his family’s Christmas tree business and is an all-around grumpy guy. He never makes time for anything but work. Candice loves the holidays! She is approached by Charlie’s mom to help him as he attends social events on behalf of the business. Candice looks at this as a challenge and throws herself in to it. As they make their way around the social scene, they grow closer and ...more
BernLuvsBooks
Dec 25, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, 2020, adult-reads
A cute, quick holiday romance ⭐️⭐️⭐️💫
Jypsy
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you Social Butterfly PR for an advanced copy. I voluntarily reviewed this book. All opinions expressed are my own.

Holidate
Dating #3
By: Monica Murphy

*REVIEW* 🎄🎄🎄🎄
Every year, I drive my family nuts with Christmas movies starting November 1st. I just love them! Always have. I love Holidate because it's so like those movies and because the cover is so perfectly done. Candice loves Christmas and giving and is full of Christmas cheer. Charlie hates Christmas and prefers the company of trees.
Lindsey Domokur of Crazy Reader Chicks
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, audio
UPDATE - It's even better in audio! So cute! The narrators did an amazing job.

I'm not going to lie to anyone, I don't love Christmas. I am pretty grinchy and I definitely share some of the same feelings as Charlie in this book. So when I saw the description of this book I was concerned, but as always, I trust Monica to give me something I love. This was no exception. I actually ended up liking this book WAY more than I expected and even got a little teary eyed at the end. It was the perfect holi
Steph's Romance Book Talk
3 Stars / 1.5 Steam Fans

If you are looking for a sweet, fun, and cute Christmas setting romance then this is the book for you. I like my romances with a little more steam if it is going to be this cute. I also like a bit more angst and less talk about how the characters have a lot of money but live modestly. I thought the premise was fun but there was something left to desire with the execution of the completed storyline and character development.

Video review available in Week 46 Nov 10 – 16 w
Tracy  C
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I was definitely underwhelmed. The characters came across as YA to me, including Isobel. Who was supposed to be a grandmother! I ended up skimming a good part of the story and never really felt like I missed anything. Candice and Charlie don't really get together until almost the end and then the conflict was pretty stupid, IMO. It could have been cleared up in 2 seconds. ...more
Kate
Oct 28, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a perfectly cheesy holiday read and very reminiscent of a Hallmark Christmas movie. The main characters were enjoyable and had decent chemistry. The reason for their conflict was a bit silly but since this is supposed to be a fluffy Christmas book, it worked. 3/5 stars.
MJ Symmonds
This was a cute Hallmark type Christmas read. Full of Christmas cheer, no angst and no steamy boom boom scenes. This one is a completely clean read which I didn't mind but I must say I was expecting to get a little something in the way of some heat. A very pleasant holiday read. ...more
Dec 19, 2019 rated it liked it
***AUDIOBOOK***

3 Okay CROWNS

I’ve really enjoyed this series, but this one underwhelmed me. The heroine was very over-the-top Christmas and very naive, but it wasn’t developed enough to seems authentic. I really enjoyed the hero.

Their relationship is enjoyable but there is zero steam, making their relationship seem very YA. The conflict, while fitting their characterization wasn’t substantial. I just needed more overall.

Monica Murphy is a really great author, and I’ll be reading more of her. Th
ReadingTilTheBreakOfDawn
Dec 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Holidate was a cute and fast paced holiday read. Hallmark style. Don't expect any sexy times in this book. But you really don't need it. Just some good and clean fun for the holidays.

I was feeling a little grinchy this holiday season, so I thought I should embrace it. But Monica Murphy created a fun and feel good story with a Christmas lover in Candice and a total Grinch in Charlie. It was the perfect balance for me and my current state. While this is a part of Murphy's Dating series, you do not
Nikki (Deeply Bookish)
It took me some time to connect with this book, I was only about 30% in when I finally got into the story - truthfully I don’t think it was because of the book or the plot, but I was sadly in a big reading slump and I just couldn’t get myself to open my Kindle. But once I dived in, I couldn’t stop reading.

Candice was super cute and I enjoyed her Christmas spirit, although it was evident how broken she still was inside. Funny, because when she got to help Charlie as his Holidate through all the
Resch Reads
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*Book Received in Exchange for Honest Opinion/Review*

As soon as fall rolls around I become a sucker for holiday romances, I just can't help myself. I knew I wanted to read Holidate as soon as I saw the cover. Romance, a Christmas tree farm, grinchy man, heart-of-gold girl...yes I will take a one way ticket please. And this book did not disappoint! It had all the cheesy-ness of a Hallmark movie and all the tender moments of a Monica Murphy novel, a recipe for endless swooning.

First off, I am obse
Erin Lewis
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Star Review of Holidate (Dating #3)by Monica Murphy

What’s not to love? Christmas is the most magical time of the year. It’s a time to reflect and celebrate life.

Candice Gaines is my kind of woman, just like me she loves anything to do with Christmas.

Charlie Sullivan on the other hand is just like my husband and dislikes Christmas. Ironically his family owns a Christmas Tree Farm.

When circumstances bring Candice and Charlie together attending some holiday events, Candice hopes to change his mi
Robin Bielman
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So cute and sweet with a push and pull between the hero and heroine that I loved! This is the perfect get-you-in-the-mood-for-the-holidays story! I didn't want it to end. <3 ...more
Thi (bookedfortheweekend_)
⭐⭐💫 (definitely in the minority)

Holi-date was literally a Hallmark movie in a book form.

I didn't necessarily feel connected to any of the characters. Besides the fact that they all were from rich families and drove expensive cars, didn't have to work, or had successful family businesses- I didn't feel like they had much of a personality. I wish there was a little more chemistry between the love interest, but it was still fun to read about them.

That being said, it is still a short and sweet book
Sandy S
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 stars--

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date October 15, 2019

Charlie Sullivan despises Christmas. Though it keeps his family afloat, considering they own Sullivan Family Christmas Tree Farm, the main provider for Christmas trees on the Monterey peninsula. He’d
Mari
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love a good holiday romance story. Holidate has alll the makings of a Hallmark feel to it. I'm a secret sucker for those and I felt all the cheer of the season here. Starts out with Charlie the Grinch and Candice the lover of the season. Charlie's mom asked Candice to help with her son. Owning a tree farm is a perfect setting for this. Charlie is all about his work and not really the Christmas spirit and joyful feeling it gives Candice. They didn't get along first and Charlie is determined to ...more
Jen Zingaro
Oct 14, 2019 rated it really liked it

I have adored this world that Monica Murphy has created! This is a standalone, but shares characters with Save the Date and Fake Date. There is just something about these warm, gushy romances that makes me want more of them! Candice and Charlie's story is no exception.
I loved Candice's innocence and sweetness. She just likes people and likes to make them happy.
And Charlie... He's like finding a diamond in an old mine. Just need to polish him up a little bit.
The understated chemistry t
Rozberry&#x1f353;
2.75-3 stars

Aside from the last few chapters(which is mostly why I'm even giving it the rating I'm giving.), I found most of the writing flat throughout. Idk. The style of writing just didn't match the previous books in the series & it oddly felt like a less experienced writer. I'm sort of puzzled by it from that standpoint. I didn't dislike Candice, but she wasn't really my jam either most of the time. She often seemed so unrealistically naive for a teen, let alone a 23 yr old young woman. I d
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Oct 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
-Sara, ☆☆☆☆

My favourite time of year is Christmas so I was excited to read this book. One of my favourite things to do during Christmas is watch the cheesy Christmas movies on Hallmark and this book was definitely a cheesy Hallmark movie.

The author's description on the famous tree farm was perfect, I was able to read and envision all its beauty. She captured Candace and Charles' relationship so perfectly it made me wish there was a movie like it.

If you are looking for a Christmas love story make
Viviana Varona
Dec 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a paperback copy as a gift from Cheri and Monica.
I enjoyed this book and it's sweet love story. This series has been a great one to read and I look forward to the next book. I recommend this book, this series, and this author.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Close to Me (The Callahans, #1)
  • Vaughn
  • The Play (Briar U, #3)
  • Spun Out (Blacktop Cowboys, #10)
  • Iced (Boston Terriers Hockey, #2)
  • Christmas Angels
  • The Fake (Smart Jocks #4)
  • Jock Road (Jock Hard, #3)
  • Leave Me Breathless
  • Too Good at Goodbyes
  • The Hardest Hit
  • The Rebel Queen (The Rebel Queen Duet, #2)
  • Twice in a Blue Moon
  • Hold on to Hope
  • Holding on to Forever
  • Beautifully Broken Spirit (Sutter Lake, #3)
  • Iron Crowne
  • Between Now and Forever (Forever Trilogy, #1)
New York Times, USA Today and international bestselling author. A believer in kissing. A believer of love.

I also write contemporary romance as USA Today bestselling author Karen Erickson.

Sign up for my newsletter: https://monicamurphyauthor.com/subscribe

Hang out with me on Instagram:

Dating (7 books)
  • Save The Date (Dating, #1)
  • Fake Date (Dating, #2)
  • Hate to Date You (Dating, #4)
  • Rate a Date (Dating, #5)
  • Wedding Date (Dating, #6)
  • Blind Date (Dating #7)

Articles featuring this book

The holidays and heartwarming love stories...well, they just go hand in hand. And when it comes to playing up the most...