Start by marking “Follow Your Arrow” as Want to Read:

For fans of Becky Albertalli and Adam Silvera, this is a riveting and irresistible take on love, life, and identity -- both online and off.

CeCe Ross is kind of a big deal. She and her girlfriend, Silvie, are social media influencers with zillions of fans and followers, known for their cute outfits and being #relationshipgoals.

So when Silvie breaks up with her, CeCe is deva
Published March 2nd 2021 by Scholastic Press

To ask other readers questions about Follow Your Arrow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Follow Your Arrow

Start your review of Follow Your Arrow
Cece (ProblemsOfaBookNerd)
So, as a queer girl named Cece who does social media for a living.... I think me and this book were made for each other
Reading_ Tamishly
Mar 02, 2021 rated it really liked it
"No one knows the whole story. They think they do, because of a few overheard words or some stolen photographs, but they don't. And when you keep forcing a curated, fake life into their feeds, day after day, hour after hour, they never will."

It's too weird to ship either Hermione and Ron or Harry and Hermione. I mean it's ridiculous as they are just kids as I am just a first book old in the series STILL. (I am still living my own historical non-fictional reading life...)

"I will always defend soc
Kenzie The Dragon Queen
This sounds like it’s going to discuss some really important issues surrounding bisexuality and biphobia. Especially where social media is concerned, and also how negative or positive the internet can be. I really hope this delivers!

Danika at The Lesbrary
Mar 08, 2021 rated it really liked it
I really liked how this examined bisexuality as a distinct identity: not just gay light or… spicy straight. CeCe feels like she’s not considered queer enough to have pride or have it be an important part of her identity: she has talked herself out of getting a rainbow tattoo, because she doesn't feel that she can "claim" this, or that people would object because she's not "queer enough." I also appreciated that she's primarily attracted to women. Bisexuality with a preference isn’t something I’v ...more
theresa
Sep 07, 2020 marked it as to-read
hi this sounds amazing and like it could have some v important discussions surrounding bisexuality and biphobia and social media and i can't wait!

I also talk about books here: youtube | instagram | twitter
ahaana ☽
May 02, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs, contemporary
way too many hashtags lol

read my review here.
Anniek
Apr 05, 2021 rated it really liked it
One thing I hate most about reading is when you have high hopes for a book and then it doesn't live up to them. But that means there's also an opposite to that: when you pick up a book that interests you but that you don't have high expectations for, and it ends up being really good.

That was my experience with this book, and I loved it so much. It has so many amazing conversations, about being bi and biphobia, about social media and dealing with it in a healthy way, and so on.

One criticism is th
Ritz
I really liked this one! The messages of self-exploration and discovery were really prominent in the book and I really enjoyed watching CeCe try to figure herself out. She could be a little annoying at times, but she was also relatable. I also really liked Josh and his family, they are so cute and quirky, I just love how wholesome all the characters are.

One of my favorite things about this book was the way it addresses biphobia. Bisexual/pansexual people have to put up with crap all the time abo
Andy
Thank you to @TBRAndBeyondTours, the publisher and the author for an ARC in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

4.5/5

CeCe Ross is one half of the internet famous pair #Cevie. But when Silvie breaks up with her, CeCe is devastated. She's lost her first love and worries she'll lose her followers as well. Then she meets Josh, new boy in town trying to make his way into the music world. Josh is not a social media person and CeCe doesn't want him to know she's internet famous just
Phoenix (Books with Wings)
I really enjoyed this book! I thought it was a great story with a great lesson!
CeCe was an enjoyable character who went through a lot but I thought that she was a realistic teenager so that was really nice! The story itself showed a lot of ups and downs and I liked that, it showed the good and bad side of social media, and I enjoyed how CeCe totally had a love-hate relationship with social media. I mean, she LOVED it, but then stuff happened and it sort of made her miserable, but she still loved
Jypsy
Mar 08, 2021 rated it really liked it
Thank you@tbrbeyondtours @jessverdi for a complimentary copy. I voluntarily reviewed this book. All opinions expressed are my own.

By: Jessica Verdi

REVIEW ☆☆☆☆
I zipped quickly through Jessica Verdi's Follow Your Arrow. This young adult contemporary novel reads more on the younger end of the spectrum in my opinion. Any topic related to social media is very relevant today, and this story addresses many of the pitfalls and benefits social media influencers may experience. Additiona
Kate Olson
May 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful story about social media, relationships and acceptance of the full spectrum of sexuality. This is a YA novel about bi acceptance and there are definitely some hurtful things said, so be careful reading if these are triggers for you. However, the story arc is redemptive ❤️

I also liked that while the perils of social media are blatant in the story, the power (especially for queer kids) is also defended.
nαомι αndιno
Apr 20, 2021 rated it really liked it
This book was a perfect mix of adorable and funny and even had a few parts that made me tear up. CeCe Ross is an influencer from Cincinnati and her girlfriends, Silvie has just broken up with her. Although originally heartbroken, CeCe ends up falling for this guy, Josh, who has no social media presence whatsoever.

CeCe deals with hiding the fame from Josh, dealing with hater and her own unsupportive father. Overall, I loved all of the major characters and I love how realistic CeCe’s mom was, wh
Belle Ellrich
Feb 07, 2021 rated it really liked it
*I WAS PROVIDED A PHYSICAL GALLEY BY THE PUBLISHER IN RETURN FOR MY HONEST REVIEW. THIS DOES NOT AFFECT MY OPINION*

I was over-the-moon excited when I got wind of this book. Having just came out of the closet as bisexual last year, I've really been looking for characters in books to identify with and relate to. And this book gave me that exact experience.

CeCe is a bisexual, fashion influencer on social media. She has a girlfriend, Silvie, who is a lesbian and is also in the same position as CeCe.
Morgan Hedglin
Mar 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This book is worth 5 stars for several reasons. It felt so modern and relevant with the plot centered on "the app" (which is basically Instagram but probably couldn't say so for copyright reasons). I'm sure there will be a lot more of this seen in YA, and even fiction as a whole, but this is the first book I've read that really focused on its relevance to this degree.

CeCe is internet famous. Mostly because of her relationship with fellow influencer Silvie. When Silvie dumps her unexpectedly, sh
Alexx
I came here for bi rep, and damn, I got it.

This was so good???? I literally couldn't stop reading once I started! It was funny, it was romantic, it was relatable, and best of all it tackled several issues prevalent in the real world. This book discussed biphobia, the good and bad parts of social media/having an online presence, political activism, messy families, first relationships/heartbreaks, and more!

I wanted more answers or closure from some parts of the plot, but they were left unanswered
caro | sanjariti
Jun 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I FEEL SO SEEN BY THIS BOOK 😭 this book is everything to me as a bisexual person in a “straight” relationship. I have never felt so understood by any book about bisexuality before and i am going to cherish Cece forever 🥺
Jaye Berry
I say this most respectfully but what the actual fuck was this?

Follow Your Arrow is about a girl named CeCe who is a big deal on social media. Her and her girlfriend Silvie are social media influencers with tons and tons of followers each and they are constantly regarded as relationship goals. But then Silvie dumps her out of nowhere and CeCe is devastated. Things get messy when CeCe meets Josh, a new boy who isn't into social media. As CeCe gets closer to him, she likes that he doesn't know she
Nev
Aug 17, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: lgbtqiap, 2021
CeCe is famous online. Her and her girlfriend Silvie are adored by their hundreds of thousands of fans. But when Silvie breaks up with CeCe she’s heartbroken for the end of their relationship… but also confused about what that means for her online presence. When CeCe starts to have feelings for a new boy in town who doesn’t know about her life as an influencer things become even more complicated.

Look, I think this book does some things really well. It tackles biphobia and the attitudes that som
Manon the Malicious
Feb 05, 2021 rated it really liked it
I was provided an ARC via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

CeCe Ross and her girlfriend, Silvie, are two pretty famous influencers, at least in their town and they've been together for a while now. And everything is perfect, or at least CeCe thinks it is before Silvie breaks up with her out of the blue. CeCe is lost and is scared to lose some of her followers who were Cevie shippers and the fear worsens after she meets Josh who is very much not online and dislikes influencers on princ
Renata
Apr 20, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq, fiction, ya, romance
This was overall a pretty fun and breezy read! I think a lot of teen readers, like myself, will enjoy the look at the life of an Instagram (the book just calls it "the app") Influencer and the pressures and perks it contains. I think the way CeCe struggles to express herself and her activist values is relatable, and I also think it's great to showcase the backlash a bi teen girl might face from some members of the queer community when she ends up dating a boy, as well as to show her (view spoile ...more
Lacy
Apr 02, 2021 rated it liked it
Follow Your Arrow was 100 percent a Modern Cher and Josh AU of Clueless and you can't change my mind.

Thank you, Jessica Verdi and Sophie Gonzales / Perfect on Paper, for writing bi books with opposite gender love interests. I've been waiting for these books my whole life. 💕
Rachel Shearer
Jun 12, 2021 rated it did not like it
The only good thing about this book was its discussion of bisexuality. The rest of it was just so cringey and self-righteous. The characters all felt like archetypes who had little to no nuance. The main character was also completely insufferable. Do not recommend.
do
May 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
this book means a lot to me ❤️
Mallory ★
Mar 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbtq, own
4.5 my full RTC!
★Kait Plus Books★
Full review to be published on March 7 (along with an interview with Jess!) at kaitplusbooks.com as part of the TBRandBeyond Blog Tour!

For right now: I'm crying happy tears again. Going to paste one of my very favorite quotes from the book here, because honestly it sums up my feelings towards the book pretty well: "I hope you like it, but it’s okay if you don’t. Because I LOVE IT."
Kathreadya
Mar 01, 2021 rated it really liked it
Follow Your Arrow is about social media, and how you portray yourself versus how you are perceived. It tackles bisexual erasure, dealing with parents who have opposing political stances, and learning how to accept yourself. But it does all this in a fast, entertaining way, with lots of #selfies , and it's wonderful in it's cheesiness.

Cece is strong but also insecure, reeling from a breakup with her girlfriend, and still processing her rocky relationship with her conservative father. Her voice s
Laura Gardner
Jan 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Must read, must buy alert! Out 3/2/21 from @scholasticinc; thank you for the free book!
When Silvie breaks up with CeCe, it's not just the end of their relationship IRL, but also on "the app" where they are internet famous and #relationshipgoals for LGBTQIA fans across the world. Suddenly CeCe doesn't know who she is or what to post about it without her girlfriend. Then CeCe meets Josh, an internet phobic violinist who is kind and doesn't know about CeCe's online life. CeCe has always known s
Persephone
ALERT ALERT! I HAVE AN OFFICIAL NEW FAVORITE BOOK BOYFRIEND ON THE BLOCK, THIS IS NOT A DRILL!😍🥵😳☺️😝
Melissa
Jan 31, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
Going in, I thought this would be a lighthearted read but this was so much more! CeCe was incredibly relatable, and as a child of the internet, influencer culture still fascinates me. I loved the mix of prose and social media posts, although it would've been neat to see some images too and not just captions or tweets! Like with many romcoms, the lying by omission trope was hard at work in this one. I'm not the biggest fan of this and was very thankful for CeCe's mom reminding her about the impor ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Other Side of Perfect
  • The Cousins
  • Kate in Waiting
  • Kristy's Big Day
  • Cosmoknights (Cosmoknights, #1)
  • Perfect on Paper
  • The Witch's Heart
  • Disenchanted (Disenchanted, #1)
  • The Once and Future Witches
See top shelves…
Jessica Verdi lives in Brooklyn, NY, and received her MFA in Writing for Children from The New School. She loves seltzer, Tabasco sauce, TV, vegetarian soup, flip-flops, and her dogs. Visit her at jessicaverdi.com and follow her on Twitter and Instagram @jessverdi.

News & Interviews

There's something so special about each class of debut YA authors; after all, young adult fiction is all about the hopefulness of new...