Start by marking “A Crown of Iron & Silver (Soulbound, #3)” as Want to Read:
A Crown of Iron & Silver (Soulbound, #3)

A Crown of Iron & Silver

(Soulbound #3)

Never promise a life that isn’t yours to give.

New York City is decked out for the holidays, and Special Agent Patrick Collins is looking forward to a reunion with his old team when he gets assigned a new case. A human child is missing, and the changeling left in her place causes a prominent witch family to demand justice from the fae.

Meanwhile, continued harassment fro
Published September 10th 2019 by Hailey Turner

Start your review of A Crown of Iron & Silver (Soulbound, #3)
carol.
This time Patrick and Jono have to take on the Fae, only some of Patrick's ex-unit decide they might be able to lend a hand. Ordinarily I tend to get annoyed at fae/fairyland plots (I quit Dresden about the time he was visiting the fae all the time) but QB excuses a lot that goes on in this series. Plus, when your protagonist is a gay man, it doesn't really matter when the female fae turn on the sex appeal (again, Dresden).
Turner continues to surprise me with her plotting. There was an even when
Corina
Aug 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, urban-fantasy

I'm in LOVE!!!!

Ever since reading Kate Daniels, the Foxhole Court, Captive Prince, or Red Rising I've been clamoring for a new series to fall in love with. Finally, I found another one to fill the hole that Kate Daniels left behind. Lucky me, there will be 7 books in all.

A Crown of Iron & Silver was as fantastic as hoped. It delivered on the key points that I was most interested in, Patrick and Jono's relationship, their growing pack, and an action packed story.

Patrick and Jono are a wo
Lyn❤Loves❤Listening #AUDIOBOOKADDICT
Audio...5+++ Stars
Story....4.5 Stars

It seems with each book someone and/or something new is introduced, so I have to create more brain space to take it all in. This author's world building is never ending, but that's okay because...damn what a rush!!

I have to say ewwww to the spider creatures 😖. So glad they are fictional!

Lucien's presence was missed. He is definitely the kind of bad boy anti hero I love in my stories. 😍😍 But I loved that there was so much more of Wade! I'm crazy about that k
Cadiva
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Best one yet, full review tomorrow when I'm capable of making sense!

***

Hailey Turner, I swear you get inside my head and pull out all the best things I love about mythology and magic and then work them into a book plot.

A Crown of Iron & Silver had everything which fascinates me about the Fae and how they're intertwined with both Scottish and Irish mythology at such a deep level.

Cú Chulainn, Balor the King of the Fomorians (who never get talked about but who I have an intimate relationship w
Gerbera_Reads
Another epic adventure from Ms Turner. From the cold streets of New York to the freezing Cliffs of Ireland, Fae and humans fight for their lives. Celtic Gods wage war for power, Dominion Sect allies with the dark forces for bid for immortality, and Patrick and Jono fight for freedom and a life of an innocent caught in between.

There is never a dull moment in Patrick's life since he met Jono. From bizarre cases to pack challenges, he will see it through with Jono by his side. Their god pack maybe
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱*Not As Good As The Others*⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

Book one occurred in June, book two in August, and book three starts in December. While I like this book less than the first two, it was still an alright read. I like that you get to see Jono and Patrick getting closer to each other, and the pack getting bigger, but something huge is missing from me, and I believe it's the depth. I need more from it. Less fighting/action, and more depth. I just don't feel the book in a way, if that makes sense. That bei
Jewel
4.5 Stars

I think that when the last book of this series comes out, I am going to binge read the whole thing. It's just that good! I love it when an author mixes mythology with paranormal, especially when their take feels fresh and the world they've built is so vivid. Bonus points for using my favorite Celtic deities, too! Haley Turner is rocking my world with her Soulbound series.

A Crown of Iron & Silver picks right up where All Souls Near & Nigh left off. Patrick, Jono, and their pack (small as
Ariana
Sep 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
*3,75 stars*

For me, this was a difficult read. Cause my brain had real trouble keeping up with all the new characters, gods, deals, powers - which ultimately is on me, but then again...

So I’ll try to sum it up neatly …

.) Jono slowly becoming the alpha he will be, taking on new responsibilities.
.) Jono being Jono – he is the most caring, protective and loving guy *melting into gooey puddles*
.) Jono naming his feelings.
.) Patrick realizing his own feelings for Jono, even if he can’t label th
Elena
Heh. Binging on this series is probably not doing it any favor: I'm starting to suffer from severe fatigue here.

Because I'm now over a thousand pages into the Soulbound series and I'm still extremely confused about why and how the soul bound that links the two MCs together (and that gives the series its name, mind you) is relevant to their lives and to the general plotline, besides being a handy excuse to further the romantic sub-plot: what does it do? How does it work? What does being soul bou
Deborah
Sep 15, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5*

First things first...I love these guys. Patrick and Jonothan. Along with the world that’s been created here. The ongoing issue with Estelle and Youssef. Jono’s pack and especially Wade. Wade just steals every scene he’s in. I love that boy but I’m glad I don’t have to cover the cost of his food.

But....

I hate it when there’s a but.

Now part of this is me I’m just not a huge fan of the fae. I’m not really sure why I never have been.

I’m struggling to write this review because it’s going to sou
~Mindy Lynn~
5 Stars!

I have never read about mythology so I don't know much about it. So it has really been a surprise that I have loved this series so much. Hailey's writing and world building around these myths and supernatural characters has been so much fun. I fly through these books and can't wait to grab the next one. It is one of those series you hope never ends.

I feel like this one wasn't as action packed as the previous two. What this one does have is a lot of secrets that are slowly coming to the f
Achim
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5
Now it's official: Soulbound is one of my favorite paranormal series. Took me a while to get to that statement. While #1 was promising but still left me with my usual rambling about gods in urban fantasy, I didn't had that issue anymore -at least not much- with #2 where it was more Patrick's inability to appreciate Jono and acknowledge what that is between them.

Now at #3 there are still gods, Patrick is still not able to say those 3 words but all that doesn't matter anymore. Finally I'm at h
Bookreader87(Amanda)
More Jono and Patrick...

Another good one in this series. All I'm really waiting for is the big show down with the God packs. I'm ready for Jono to take over. In the meantime, this book takes us through the dealing of Fae Gods. Secrets are revealed, deals are made and of course Jono and Patrick are at the forefront of it all.
As always I look forward to the next.
Gabi
I'm starting to warm up to Jono, which is a plus. Before, I didn't see him as a strong leader. But I'm starting to think that was on purpose. He was just a dude, bartending, until Patrick. And now he is slowly accepting his role, and gaining confidence. Maybe his character is more complex than I thought at first. We'll see what happens next. I'm hoping we're at least get to meet his British relatives. I would love me some more Brit. :P

As far as the story goes, I liked it. I love the Wild Hunt. I
Al *the semi serial series skipper*
Three books in and I have no complaint. I felt this was the best one. I liked the action, seeing Wade and watching Jono grow his pack. Can't wait for book four. ...more
fleurette
There are so few series that keep the level with the next books that each one deserves special attention. And here we have the third book which is as good as the first one in this series.

This book is above all a great story. And although we have here an already known motive of the fight against the Dominion Sect, in each book there is a new aspect of it. Not for a moment did I think I already knew this story. This time we have a little less gods here, and much more of the fae’s world. Rapid acti
Kaje Harper
This new installment in the urban fantasy saga finds Patrick and Jono healing from the traumas of the last one, while keeping an eye on Wade, their fledgling packmate, trying to keep peace with the other god pack, and caught up in a major powerplay by different factions of the fae.

This series is for people who like a wide canvas, a lot of players, fairly non-stop action, and magic of a somewhat open-ended power level and functionality. With gods of various kinds and temperaments, fae lords and
Eugenia
WOW 🤩!!!

This was quite the book!
Thank goodness I can quickly look up gods on my Kindle app, since a new one came on very chapter! Here come the Irish immortals!

The 3rd book in the magnificent series was a search for a missing child, a missing goddess, and a missing weapon. All involve deals with immortals—which Patrick simply adores.

Not all searches are successful....BUT:
Secrets are revealed!
Both our MC’s come out alive.
They get their feels on.
It’s a Merry Christmas for the ever-growing god
Loulou
ok....
First: Gary Furlong is a GENIUS!

Second: I LOVE Jono. LOVE HIM! He is so caring and lovely and layered and he just loves Patrick and dotes on him and it Is so swoony I DIE.

Third: I finally warmed up to Patrick. Its been a gradual thing from book 1, especially with his OTT martyrdom and stupid decisions, but here, there is some vulnerability that shone through that made him more lovable to me.

Fourth: JONO... Oh I already said that, but I love him so.

Fifth: MORE STEAM YES!

Sixth: WADE! Omg
Viz
Sep 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kul, para
I keep thinking this book in the series will be not as good as previous one but no...!! Love this series and the story has ways to go...
Why one star less? It reminds me about the comment in the 'the big bang theory' where work of Indian Jones is proven to be not necessary. Well, in the end there is no progress in the war against Ethan!!
Looking forward for Jono's Pack growing in number and strength. Will be waiting the next book!
Santy
This series keeps getting better and better. The narrator also keeps delivering better and better performances as the series progresses. This was his best yet, especially with how he executed the riot of accents in this book. I loved switching from audio to ebook and back again throughout this book and it enhanced my reading experience.

This was the third book in the series and this time our ragtag group had to deal with the Fae and let me tell you guys. Those Fae are not to be messed with. They
Erth
Sep 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Absolutely amazing!! Really outstanding -exceeded my expectations! Mix magic, passion, action, love, danger and incredible world-building and you have a few of the components that made this an awesome story. The imagination of the writer is fantastic and her writing is beautiful. i loved the story.

Patrick and Jono made my heart sing as they learn to trust and take care of each other. i love how their relationship is growing. Wade, Sage and the other characters really are developing. Wade had so
Mariah
2.5 I love the characters and I think the premise is awesome, but something still isn't clicking for me.
The core world building is the fantastic kind I've come to expect from HT, but the mix of pantheons of deities pushes things a little too far for me. I keep feeling like I don't know what the edges of the magic in this universe are, and that the rules could change at any moment - as a result, the stakes never feel high enough.
Caz
Dec 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've given this an A- for narration and a B+ for content at AudioGals

I’m always a bit daunted when it comes to writing reviews for the books in Hailey Turner’s  Soulbound  series, because I want to give an accurate flavour of the story without giving too much away – and there’s always a lot going on. That’s not to say the stories are cluttered or overstuffed; Ms. Turner is a master plotter and handles the reins of her various storylines with great skill, but one does need to pay fairly close a
⚣Michaelle⚣
4-ish stars

I deviated from the pattern and I think I didn't enjoy it as much as I should/would have; for these Soulbound books I've been reading first and then listening...but not with this one. Gonna put it on the re-read shelf for later because it WAS good - I just needed the written words to absorb the story better, I think, especially given that once again we have a pantheon I'm not as familiar with.
Claire
2.5 stars rounded up
Rather disappointed with this one. It started fast paced and I couldn’t get enough of the pack life these two now have, but then on their new mission, challenge, quest ... whatever, things became much slower and very blurred (at least for me).
They kept bouncing from one place to another, from one god to another for reasons that were not always clear ... and the story started to drag. So many creatures, immortals, fae, gods ... were thrown at us that at times it felt more lik
julia ☆ [owls reads]
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
#1 A Ferry of Bones & Gold: ★★★★★
#2 All Souls Near & Nigh: ★★★★☆

4.5 stars!

“If the gods had given us a choice on who they bound me to, I would have chosen you.”

A Crown of Iron & Silver is such a lovely book with a huge amount of action and amazing character, plot, and world-building development. Patrick and Jono are back, as sweet and in love as ever, and embark on another adventurous and very dangerous journey that has some pretty cool twists along the way. There’s the introduc
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Aug 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
So yeah. Whoa. That was so very exciting and this review is going to be a huge mess. Bear with me.

The adventure absolutely took my breath away. The locations I could see and the weather I could feel. Time was moving so quickly and all of it had my heart racing!

I loved the growth between Patrick and Jono. Although the relationship and romance isn't the main focus of these stories, what we do get, even just a touch, packs one of Hell of a punch. They are finding their way regardless of their circu
Stephanie   GooglyEyes
This is, by far, my favorite installment of the Soulbound Series by Hailey Turner.

I just really felt that Pat Jono are settling well into their relationship, pack, and bond.

They finally figured their "shit" out and know that, aside from the forced Soul Bond" they would choose each other anyways, and that was a huge hurdle for them.

In the last book, they have also taken on a small pack of their own, featuring an almost banned were and a rescued dragon, Wade. There are MANY trials they must fac
Kathleen
Holy battle scene nirvana! Few MM authors can write a truly exciting battle scene. Not like some of my favorite mainstream authors such as David Weber & John Ringo, Marko Kloos, Nick Webb, JRR Tolkien, Terry Brooks, or RA Salvatore. Ms. Turner outdid herself on the third in her Soulbound series. Gods, fae, werecreatures, magical humans, and creatures of legend and nightmares square off in places like New York City, beyond the veil, Ireland, and Montana... and the stakes are the very lives of pro ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• The Necromancer's Dilemma (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer, #2)
  • Mastering the Flames (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer #4)
  • The Necromancer's Dance (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer #1)
  • The Necromancer's Reckoning (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer #3)
  • Wormwood Summer (San Amaro Investigations, #1)
  • Resonance (Rhythm of Love #2)
  • Cutting It Close (Code of Honor #1)
  • Unshaken (Guns n' Boys #9)
  • King Me (Forever Wilde, #7)
  • The Oak Wood Throne (San Amaro Investigations, #2)
  • After the Crash (Small Town Hearts #1)
  • Happy for You (Love & Family #3)
  • Hellion (415 Ink, #3)
  • Love Springs Eternal (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer #5)
  • Now You See Me
  • Heart2Heart: A Charity Anthology, Volume 3
  • The Dragon CEO's Assistant (Golden Kingdom #2)
  • Nuts (Ace's Wild, #2)
See top shelves…
Hailey Turner is big city girl who likes to spoil her cats rotten. She writes science fiction and fantasy with lots of action, epic plots, and romantic relationships that satisfy the heart. Hailey lives in sunny California when she isn’t adding stamps to her passport.

To keep up-to-date with Hailey's future projects, join her mailing list, where you can download free Metahuman Files and Soulbound s

Soulbound (7 books)
  • A Ferry of Bones & Gold (Soulbound, #1)
  • All Souls Near & Nigh (Soulbound, #2)
  • A Vigil in the Mourning (Soulbound, #4)
  • On the Wings of War (Soulbound, #5)
  • An Echo in the Sorrow (Soulbound, #6)
  • A Veiled & Hallowed Eve (Soulbound, #7)