Start by marking “Requiem, Changing Times” as Want to Read:
Requiem, Changing Times

Requiem, Changing Times

Clint and Corbin are having a weird day. Best friends for life, things are getting a little strange around their town, and at school. When they're followed by a strange man looking for Clint and later attacked by an imp, it makes sense to retreat to the safety of home. But when strangers from another world, Banks and O'Neil, arrive with their medley of allies, things get e ...more
Published September 26th 2019 by Olympia Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Requiem, Changing Times, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Requiem, Changing Times

Start your review of Requiem, Changing Times
Aakanksha
Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Requiem, Changing Times by R. J. Parker is the first book in the series that revolves around two worlds, whose fate depends on Clint Holden. The story starts when someone plants a bomb at different locations. Then it switches to another world of magic. They were given a task to bring something precious within a week and a portal brought them to the present-day world.

Imagine that you're going to school with your best friend, and suddenly from nowhere a stranger attack you. You run to save your l
Pallavi Sareen
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book was so much fun to read. Requiem, Changing Times is like a mystery novel set-up in a fantasy world meant for Young Adult readers or even younger readers. Throughout the book I was trying to figure out what The Requiem was in the back of my mind while not caring about it at all as so much kept happening. Different creatures kept coming into the lives of Clint Holden, a seventh grader who has plenty of things on his plate already especially the class with scary Mrs Christenson.
The book
Dianne
Chaos. Adventures often start with chaos and that is exactly how REQUIEM CHANGING TIMES started for me, a little chaotic and I was just a little lost until suddenly, we are taken to the past and we get “the rest of the story,” which is definitely a younger reader’s dream! Fantasy, action, and strange beings from another dimension must depend on young Clint and his buddy, Corbin to save the day alongside two warriors, Banks and O’Neil, their otherworldly “counterparts.”

R.J. Parker’s inner child c
Inkslinger
May 06, 2020 marked it as to-read
title/author

ARC provided by R.J. Parker. All opinions are mine and freely given.

Blog | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | BookBub

05-24: As you can see, I'm still struggling with this one. It's not because it's not written well, actually.. the author is a fine writer. Had to take a break from it though.. and try to reset.

05-18: This one's still slow going. It's gone from a military breach to orcs and dwarves. I can't stop hearing Bronzebeard when the dwarf talks. I'm going to have to just get through a bit a
Ankit Garg
Feb 26, 2021 rated it liked it
Requiem, Changing Times by R J Parker is a young adult fantasy novel whose premise reminded me a lot about Stranger Things - a group of children fighting an otherworldly power.

The author has put in a lot of effort to make the book appeal to the target audience. Some characters are funny, while others try to talk in a childlike manner using gibberish English. This could be termed as a smart choice, with the only exception to the numerous unintentional typos this introduced throughout the text. Th
Tabitha
Feb 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
This review is also featured on Behind the Pages: Requiem, Changing Times

Clint has no idea his life is about to change. When he goes to school, it seems like any other day where Mrs. Christenson targets him for the principal’s office. But two groups of fantasy creatures have crossed over into his world. Each of them searching for Clint and his ties to the mysterious Requiem. But which side will find him first? And in the end, will the Requiem be used for good or evil? Requiem, Changing Times ta
Elizabeth Dragina
Mar 28, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: dnf
2.5 stars ~

DNF

I tried. I tried hard.

This book just didn't deliver. We jump from scene to scene with barely any explanation and no reason as to why I should read this book compared to the thousand others. No character depth. No plot development. AND WHY DO WE MEET THE MAIN CHARACTERS A QUARTER OF THE WAY THROUGH THE BOOK??????! 100 pages through ....

*headdesks*

**FTC DISCLOSURE** I received a complimentary copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. This is my opinion,
Heena Rathore P.
For a detailed review, you can watch my video of this review on my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUY2n...

Requiem, Changing Times by R.J. Parker is a fantastic new young adult fantasy adventure book that had everything you can expect from it. It was full of action, dramatic adventure, good characterisation, decent writing, a great concept, good story and supernatural beings! What else can you ask for!?

The best part, for me, was the friendship between Clint and Corbin and t
booksNpenguins
Feb 16, 2020 marked it as to-read
Book provided by NetGalley.
Shannon Rochester
Apr 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: requests
I was approached by the author to see if I was interested in a digital copy in exchange for an honest review. The cover suggested fantasy so I said yes...

When I said yes, I actually didn't even read the summary or past reviews. I generally like fantasy books so I figured what the heck. I had no idea it was about teenagers and ogre's and what have you but I have to say it didn't take me long to get into it. I was a little lost at first because so many things were happening all at once but a soon
Tavleen Kaur (Travelling Through Words)
It’s always interesting when a book starts with a news report. You get to know about a huge event that’s happening in the world and then you get to see how it affects the characters in the book.

Two organizations called the Salvation Alliance and The Fury are after the Requiem. Because of the Reclamation, people who lie and commit other sinful things are changed to evil creatures. The Salvation is the opposite of The Fury and basically, the good guys of this world. They are fighting for freedom.
CR
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a very interesting title! I was hooked from the very first page and I have to say that this blend of science fiction and mystery was wonderful!! It was full of family drama, humor, and more. I felt the book come alive while I read the story. The author did a great job with the opening of the book as well as how things were dangerous and how it all came together.

This is one really intense story, from the cover you think your getting a fantasy but once you start reading you realize your
Karen (BaronessBookTrove)
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy from the Author. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Requiem, Changing Times by R.J. Parker is a different type of book than I thought it would be. It has the potential to be great.
Can Clint and Corbin help Banks and O'Neil?
Clint and Corbin
Clint Holden is a twelve-year-old kid, trying to get through some interesting challenges at home. Corbin is Clint's best friend, and they are two peas in a pod. They are tryi
Eleanor
May 04, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I received a paperback copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review, thank you to Mr Parker for sending me a copy.

This book centres around two kids, Clint and Corbin, whose lives change when they’re attacked by an imp on their way to school. When a band of strangers from another world arrive at Clint’s house, led by Banks and O’Neil, things become really weird. Clint’s family are drawn into the hunt for the mysterious Requiem putting their whole town in danger.

One thing th
KayBee's  Bookshelf
Mar 29, 2020 rated it liked it
“Victory meant life, and failure was for the frail.”
This quote from Requiem, Changing Times sums up this Fantasy story. At the center is Clint Holden and his best friend, Corbin who lead normal lives of 7th-grade boys. Then they meet Banks and O’Neil, a pair of dwarves from a magical world and part of The Salvation. They are trying to save Clint and Corbin from the Fury, which is comprised of magical, dark creatures like orcs, vampires, and spellbinders. Everyone is after The Requiem and many b
Books R&B
Mar 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
The story revolves around the protagonist Clint Holden, a boy who tends to get into a lot of trouble at school. The story reflects his relationship with his friend and siblings while experiencing supernatural activities. Being the chosen boy for a mysterious life from a portal that helps shift between timelines is not an easy thing. But, Clint learns to devour the life of adventure and enjoy the exhilarating feeling that comes with it. At every turn and twist in the book he finds himself slippin ...more
Nerd Girl Vixen
Mar 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Requiem, Changing Times is a young adult fantasy read.

You meet Clint and his friend Corbin. They are navigating school and life when it all changes one day. They’re attacked and being chased. Clint runs into a group of creatures who aren’t from this time or even of this world. An adventure begins!

The beginning threw me off a bit. There was lots of stuff going on and I had no idea what it had to do with the story. Don’t worry, it all ends up making sense. I enjoyed the playful banter of some of t
Kat
Apr 23, 2020 rated it liked it
In one world, O’Neil and Banks are running from pursuers as they make their way back to their home to begin a mission to save their world. In the same world, the Fury are on a similar mission to retrieve what O’Neil and Banks are seeking to retrieve to save their world, but definitely have no intention of saving the world. In our world, Clint and Corbin are two middle school kids looking forward to the upcoming Halloween dance, if Clint can ever get up the nerve to talk to his crush intelligibly ...more
Piper
Feb 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Banks and O'Neil have found themselves in a very sticky situation is there anyways out. This book is action packed from the get go. Thw writing style is very detailed. If you want magical creature's, action packed and army this is the book for you. Banks is a very strong character whom you can imagine in charge of you. This book is full of action, consequences and challenges what a great read. Highly recommended. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a rev ...more
Ankita
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Instead of transporting humans into the world of strange creatures, Requiem, Changing Times by R. J. Parker brings them into our world -- more precisely, into the world of Clint Holden, his family, his best friend, Corbin, and the whole city. For the seventh-grader Clint, the list of problems consisted of quite a few issues: a scary teacher (Mrs. Christenson), his reluctance to accept his step-father as his father, and his inability to speak normally in front of his crush (Melanie). But, when an ...more
Anthony
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Review

The author does a brilliant job of blending several genres together in a cohesive way. A fusion of fantasy and horror with some elements of sci-fi, mystery and suspense in the YA genre umbrella so to speak make this novel really shine brightly.

Fans will get a fantastic cast of characters to root for and stand behind, not least of all protagonist Clint, a young boy suffering from a profound loss and getting into trouble at school and with his new family unit when he is suddenly thrust i
Claire
Apr 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Happy Saturday! I've been reading this book for the past week or so and let me tell you it's been wild. So I'm happy to be finally posting my review for it. R J Parker, very kindly approached me via my blog and sent me a copy of his book to have a nosy at. So here is my review!

So Requiem, Changing Times is very fantasy heavy including all sorts of creatures like imps and orcs, Ogre's and Werewolves. It is published by Olympia Publishers and came out September last year, according to Goodreads.
Mary Yarde
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing

"Have you ever had a bad idea that you dismiss at once because it was a terrible idea?" Corbin asked Clint. "Well this was one of those ideas that I should have dismissed."

Up until the moment a very intense stranger stopped them, the only thing Clint "Staeli" Holden and Corbin Jenkins had to fear was their teacher, Mrs Christenson, and principle Miller's office. Oh, and Amber — who every boy wanted to date apart from Clint who had the misfortune of catching Amber's eye. But then Clint's mother a
Ella James
Apr 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Requiem, Changing Times by R J Parker is fun, addictive and a real page-turner. Fans of the Guardians of the Galaxy and Stranger Things, will love this entertaining and compelling young adult urban fantasy.

Take a little magic, a jovial Scottish Dwarf, a misshapen Fury, an ordinary teenage boy, add an ogre or two and drop them all into a typical family, and then wait for the fireworks! Holbrook School has no idea what’s happening! Dead bodies have the police baffled. Mystery lies over the town as
Literary Portals
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
What Made Me Read It I was sent a copy of the book in exchange for an honest review. The synopsis sent by the author sounded interesting: a normal 7th grader just starting junior high who suddenly finds himself in the middle of a conflict between magical beings, while trying to keep the appearance that things are normal to everyone around him.

The Plot Clint Holden is just a normal 7th grader at Holbrook school, getting in trouble with his best friend Corbin and with an uncanny inability to spea
Paige Green
Nov 08, 2020 rated it did not like it
Disclaimer: I received this book and ebook from the author. Thanks! All opinions are my own.

Book: Requiem, Changing Times

Author: RJ Parker

Book Series: Standalone

Rating: 1/5

Recommended For...: fantasy lovers, ya readers

Publication Date: September 26, 2019

Genre: YA Fantasy

Recommended Age: can’t recommend, dnf-ed

Publisher: Olympia Publishers

Pages: 450

Synopsis: Clint and Corbin are having a weird day. Best friends for life, things are getting a little strange around their town, and at school. When t
gwendalyn _books_
Mar 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book was received from the Author, and Publisher, in exchange for an honest review. Opinions and thoughts expressed in this review are completely my own.

Requiem, Changing Times by R.J. Parker is a creative YA, Science Fiction / Dystopian fantasy adventure book.

Clint’s life is about to change, school seems like any other day where Mrs. Christenson targets him for the principal’s office.
Something definitely is going on when, two groups of fantasy creatures have crossed over into his world.
Happy Booker
Jul 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Requiem, changing times, is a young adult novel written about Corbin and Clint. They are the best of friends and go to the same school. When Two strangers come into town from another world and bring aliens with them, things become a little chaotic. There is a race in reaching the Requiem first. Banks and O’Neil, two exceptional characters, add a delightful addition to the story, creating more drama, magic and laughter.
Someone is planting bombs at various locations, and when total strangers attac
Joey Susan
I was very kindly sent a physical copy of this book by author R.J. Parker to read and review.

Unfortunately this book was just not for me at all, I have been reading it since 30th March on and off but I just couldn’t get into it. From the description provided I thought it would be something I’d really enjoy reading, however I just couldn’t personally escape into the world created, even though it was a very well thought out story and was written really well, it just wasn’t for me.

From the start
Al
I got to about 35% of the book before deciding to give up. I really tried getting into this one, but unfortunately, it just wasn't for me. As I didn't even get halfway through the book, there's not much I can say in the way of a review. I will, however, say that from the little I read, this story has a lot of potential with an interesting set of characters, albeit their portrayal oftentimes cliched. There is a lot that can be done with this story, and I may revisit it again at another time.

The e

• The Trials of Morrigan Crow (Nevermoor, #1)
  • Hands of Flame (Negotiator Trilogy/Old Races Universe #3)
  • All the Weyrs of Pern (Pern, #11)
  • The Renegades of Pern (Pern, #10)
  • The Goodbye Family and the Great Mountain
  • The Final Weekend: A Stoned Tale
  • Ordinary Suicide
  • Before the Thaw (The Third Thaw Book 2)
  • Cottage by the Sea
  • Novice Dragoneer (Dragoneer Academy, #1)
  • Made Things (Made Things, #1)
  • Good Girls Lie
  • The Real Education of TJ Crowley
  • Wundersmith: The Calling of Morrigan Crow (Nevermoor, #2)
  • Things Undone
  • The Kill Club
  • Traveler (Gatekeepers, #1)
  • Top Producer
Russell Parker was born in Bountiful, Utah. As his father was safety manager he had to move around until his senior year of high school, when he came to Cache Valley, Utah to stay. He married the most wonderful woman in the world and they are the parents of four fantastic kids, with one crazy dog.
Russell played all kinds of sports and was an outdoorsman until an accident brought him to writing. A