Start by marking “The Magician: A contemporary women's fiction standalone romance” as Want to Read:
The Magician: A contemporary women's fiction standalone romance

The Magician: A contemporary women's fiction standalone romance

Fashion designer Sasha's 15-year-old arranged marriage is on the rocks and so when she gets a chance at true love does she take it?

Shantha, much sought after for her tarot card readings on love, has a string of broken relationships behind her. Now, sparks are flying between her and a sexy bartender but will this relationship fizzle out too?

Young professionals Nilima an
Published August 4th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Magician, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Magician

Start your review of The Magician: A contemporary women's fiction standalone romance
Rubina
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Don't Judge a Book By Its Cover...

The woman, on the cover of The Magician by Sonia Rao, called out to me from the day I saw it for the first time. With her proud aristocratic nose and her hands claiming to embrace the fantasy world had so many facets that one can't but question what the book is all about.

What's her role in the story? Is she the protagonist? There were so many questions that burned in my mind. The first thought was maybe it's a supernatural one. A woman controlling the lives of
Geeta Nair
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Perfect!

This one word above, sums up my thoughts about Author Sonia Rao’s latest offering to her readers. Endowed with all the qualities that define a true Magician, ‘The Magician’ has the power to keep the reader hooked, or should I say, ‘hypnotized,’ till the end. When the magic ends, you can literally feel your spirits buoyed up.

Three women, three stories, interwoven seamlessly make ‘The Magician’ a truly interesting read. Laced with all the elements that make the human mind work overtime, th
Ruchi Singh
Oct 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Author Sonia Rao comes with a racy debut novel, which has all the ingredients of a page-turning, contemporary romance.

The Magician – The Tarot Trilogy Book 1, opens up with the regular lives of three friends bound by all positive human desires— desire to be loved, cherished, compete and be successful. Book 1 focuses on Sasha, the suave, lovely owner of a high-end boutique. She is a renowned fashion designer who designs unique outfits for her clients.

Shantha is a Tarot card reader and Nilima is
Arti
The cover is beautiful and the best part of the story is that the author has not mentioned where the story is set and not even once does she waver from it. Though from the descriptions, one can make a guess.
There are three main characters, Sasha, Shantha and Nilima and the story and moves comfortably between the characters and scenes and not once did I feel that, oh where did this come from. The scenes have been described in detail, I loved how she sets up the scene for tarot card reading by pur
Sunita Saldhana
If I had to describe “The Magician” in one word it would be “Life”! The story depicts life with its ebbs and flows, its ups and downs and unexpected twists and turns; the rough and the smooth. It is about ordinary people who love and hate and make mistakes that will perhaps haunt them for the rest of their lives. But it also showed the ability of people to rise above the crises and get back up to start all over again.
Three different couples. Three different stories. Three different ways of exper
A.
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Narrating a story is an art. Interweaving emotions in the narrations and conveying it to the readers is a talent which only some authors possess.

The Magician – The Tarot Trilogy Book 1 is an intense, fast-paced story filled with mystery, betrayal, relationships and of course romance.

This is the first time I read Sonia’s work and I loved it. The characters are well-described; the plot is engrossing and fast-paced. I loved the mystery part and how the suspense is revealed is commendable.

While
Kavita
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
The cover is so beautiful and elegant and conveys the tarot card concept very elegantly. Reading the blurb, I knew it was going be a good read.
The story has Sasha as the main protagonist, other characters are the tarot reader Shanta, Nilima and Rohit her neighbour and friends, her husband Ashish
Sasha is a well known designer and the story revolves around her and her marriage to Ashish.
It explores the concept of love, romance, betrayal along with a dash of mystery.
A combination of these is wh
Ruchira Khanna
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
The title is apt, and the cover is intriguing as it brings out the many emotions of a woman. If you are

looking for a quick, light-hearted contemporary read, do pick this up.

To read more of the review: https://abracabadra.blogspot.com/2019...

Neelesh
Aug 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Life is not high-octane drama, especially for the law-abiding, hard-working and trying-their-best-to-live-life-honestly middle class of India.
The Magician is a tale of ordinary people caught up in the complex web of survival. Each of them lives in what appears to be, from the outside, a bubble of happiness. The truth is, all of them are struggling with their own selves to make sense of their lives and are doing what they think will make their life happier.
Sasha lives with the baggage of growing
Ammu Nair
Aug 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Cover page: I dont know what the cover is all about , but I believe it's related to tarot reading. The cover is what attracted me to the book.  So Kudos for it.

Review: The book review got delayed, as I started reading other book and thought I had reviewed it. The story is about 3 women, Mainly Sasha, Shanta, and Nilima. There lives are as simple as it can be, Shasha a fashion designer, Shanta a tarot card reader and Nilima works in Marketing. All different lifestyles but connected with concept
Reet Singh
Mar 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Quite an intriguing title and cover and so I picked it up expecting a fair bit of drama and I wasn't wrong. Three completely different women come together in this entertaining debut. There is love and heartbreak and romance in this short read, and I got a glimpse of what a Tarot reader actually does. I found a few editing glitches, but that didn't detract from the fact that this is a fun read. Do give it a try.
Inderpreet Uppal
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the story of three friends who find themselves at crossroads with sudden changes in their lives. The cover is what reeled me in along with Sonia's writing. I have always been fascinated by Tarot Cards and I enjoyed reading this book.

The Magician is the story of Sasha, Shantha, and Nilima. Three women who are friends, their lives intertwined as love shows its different hues to them. The magician has three stories of three women. The strength of the story is the characterisation of the wo
Sharon Shre
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Magician (The Tarot Trilogy Book - 1) – Sonia Rao – Book Review

The Magician is a carefully crafted and interwoven story of three vibrant women. This is my first read of the author’s work and I love it. Though the description of the set is not mentioned, the story has all you need - commitment, betrayal, friendship, relationship, fun, mystery, and series of love.

Three main characters – Sasha Kapoor, Shantha, and Nilima.
Sasha – An ace fashion designer
Shantha- A expert Tarot reader
Nilima – A w
Moitrayee Bhaduri
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sonia Rao’s engrossing debut novel about love, lust, loss, and longing is a complete page-turner. I was glued to this ‘magical’ book right from the first page!
The book follows Sasha, Shantha, and Nilima as they meander through a series of unnerving challenges that life throws at them when they are least expecting it. There is an element of mystery built in the narrative which makes the book even more interesting. I would like to applaud the author for handling three protagonists and weaving in c
Sadhana Wadhwa
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There's a complicated and an easy way of telling every story. The charm of easy reading is always dominant on the other one. The Magician, tells one such tale involving three protagonists with such ease. The reading is a breeze-through, and of course, coming from the WRIMO India ML herself, it's a given that grammatical and syntactical aspects would be taken utmost care about.
There were paragraphs wherein it felt a bit ok to skim through and move ahead but overall this is such a gripping story.
Shama Tareen
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I read ' The Magician' at one go, late into the night, didn't feel like waiting for the next day, to find out what happened to the protagonists, and I enjoyed it hugely. The story flows smoothly and kept me rivetted throughout, the characters are fleshed out beautifully, with all their strengths and flaws, that's what made this book an endearing read for me, the vulnerability and endurance shown by the three women protagonists, especially Sasha and Neelima. It was fascinating to get a little ins ...more
Jay
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Trio, tarot, terrific!!!

The magician is a magic created by the author. A magic spell which the author put to travel through the story in one go! All emotions mixed well in this story, all characters make an impact on readers, for sure. The book is an adventurous read, so be prepared for surprises. I loved the way main characters were handled. And I cannot wait to read the next part of the book. Dear author, please do me a favour, bring the next part sooner
Prabhanjan Tattar
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sasha shines in the first part of the trilogy

Sonia Rao's book 1 makes for an excellent reading, and the tarot card reading provides an excellent framework to kick off the proceedings. It is a brilliant romantic work, and some of the moments are marvelously captured in the words.
Sasha, Shantha, and Nilima shine out in the book. Their development is complete and their character arc is an elegant journey.

Looking forward to the other parts of the trilogy.
Nitz
Megha
added it
Oct 09, 2019
Sonia Rao
Nov 10, 2019 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)
TreeShade Books
Dec 09, 2019
All Thingz Bookish
is currently reading it
May 16, 2020

• More Unfairy Tales (Carthick's Unfairy Tales Book 2)
  • Love, Marriage, and Other Disasters (The Kapoor Brothers, #1)
  • The Confused Bridegroom: A Romantic Comedy
  • Guarded by Mr Handsome
  • You Beneath Your Skin
  • Just The Way You Are (Soulmates, #1)
  • My Love, A Liar (Small Town Girl Romance #2)
  • #JustRomance
  • Satin and Sapphire: Danger and Delight in Asar Kalan
  • Untethered & Other Stories: A Flash Fiction Collection
  • How to Weave a Theme into your Story (TBC Writer's Toolkit Series Book 9)
  • Past Marriageable Age
  • SOUL SONG: A Short Story
  • A Christmas Tail
  • Something Old, Something New: An Anthology of Indian Second Chance Romance Novellas
  • Yours Truly
  • The Cheese & Chutney Affair
  • Who Killed the Murderer?
Sonia Rao is a writer, editor and an award-winning blogger. Her fiction has appeared in many prestigious anthologies such as Voices Old & New and Jest Like That (edited by renowned editor-writer Shinie Anthony).

As NaNoWriMo’s Municipal Liaison for all-India and founder of the Wrimo India group on Facebook, Sonia has motivated thousands of people in India to write a novel every November since 2011