Start by marking “All That's Left (The Carlington Twins Duet, #1)” as Want to Read:
All That's Left (The Carlington Twins Duet, #1)

All That's Left

(The Carlington Twins #1)

Izzy Kavanagh’s life falls apart when her mother dies. She is forced to move to the US and live with her absent father, who thinks money is the answer to every problem, and her twin brother Ethan, who she has barely spoken to in years.

She hates everything about the move. She hates that she’s forced to finish high school even though she’s already completed it in the UK. S
Published October 24th 2019

To ask other readers questions about All That's Left, please sign up.
Katlover It would definitely fit that category. It probably could fit a dark high school genre as well.
Katlover No. The 2nd book of this duology will release on November 7, 2019.

Start your review of All That's Left (The Carlington Twins Duet, #1)
Irma *Irma The Book Whisperer*
10 Astounding stars!

I stare back at her and let out a humourless laugh. “Who am I?” I step closer to her, my eyes boring into hers. I glance at Ethan, who is glaring back at me, before turning back to this girlfriend. “I’m his twin.” I pause as I watch her eyes widen in disbelief. “Who the hell are you?!”

This story! I read it in one sitting, I was glued to it, couldn't stop. I finished it last night and I still can't get over the world of All That's Left.
I love Izzy and Ethan... and all the boys
CasPerfitz~SLiTsReaD
Izzy Izzy Izzy. She's one hell of a mess. And as much as I get that she's hurting, her character is something awful! To borrow Finn's words: she's a "self-centered, egotistical, selfish princess who don't give a crap about anyone but herself".

I haven't read a YA genre for a long time and somehow this caught my attention. It is an interesting read something that gets me thinking even after. Because of these two leads who are dealing with grief that my heart goes out to them. Yet, one made me ang
Shabnam Hosseini
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So i don't usually give 5 stars to a book. Only when i honestly can tell that i absolutely adored a book. So i've read all books by Emma doherty and everytime they leave me hanging for more. Also this one left me emotionally broken. to be honest this felt so real. The pain through all the pages i just felt it through my bones. I've read so many books by amazing authors but if you'd ask me if Emma Doherty is one of my favourites? HELL YES. This book left me crying and feeling everything. I mean w ...more
Reading with 2 book lovers
Oct 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
I highly enjoyed this story
Maya
Apr 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book in the Carlington Twins Duet and i can tell you, it is a masterpiece. I have read book 2 as well, and this series is probably one of the best i have read. Izzy is such a strong character with so much emotion that she just keeps so bundled up with her tough exterior. Ethan cares for Izzy so much, but she just cannot forgive him for something that was really out of his control, and in the end, Izzy just blames herself. The romance aspect is amazing and is a slower-burn. Ther ...more
Apr 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant read

I purchased this book this afternoon and couldn't put it down, it's a must read! If you enjoyed the four doors down series.
Emma (Emlovesreading)
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Goodness me this book is so good. It’s raw, heartbreaking and has me on the verge of tears so many times.
And I really just want to hug Izzy.
Izzy is from the uk, she’s estranged from her twin brother Ethan and her dad. But after her mum dies she’s forced to move from London to the US.
She’s dealing with her grief in not the best way further alienating her brother.
Ethan just wants his sister back. The sister he was once so close to. Their dad is absent and he wants to reconnect with Izzy.
But Iz
Nichole Schneider
Oct 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received an advanced copy of this book.
At first it was a little hard to get into because of all the issues Izzy is going through, but I really ended up loving this book and really want to know what is going to happen with the twins. Ethan is so caring and just wants a family connection but his sister Izzy wants nothing to do with him. It makes me so sad to see the struggle ahead is going through and what she puts Ethan through as a result of her actions.
Ashlee Olson
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy in exchange for a honest review. I wasn’t sure how this book would go but the synopsis sounded really good so I decided to give it a try. I’m so glad I did. I couldn’t put it down. The characters have so much depth to them. There’s so much pain and hurt but there’s also friendship which is something everyone needs. This is the first book I’ve ever read by this author and it won’t be my last. I’ve already ordered book 2 so I can find out what happens. Definitely recommend.
Vivian Brennan
Sep 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Unexpectedly Brilliant

Found this book purely by accident and I have to commend the author on a really well written story. The narrative is heartbreaking but original and will keep you enthralled from start to finish. I don’t give spoilers but I guarantee you will love Ethan and possibly loathe Izzy. Such a good read.

1 click now you will not be disappointed
Rose
Dec 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
I related to her. She was justified in her feelings. People forgive and forget too easily in books. Real pain like this takes a while to get over. It takes a while to want to even hear the other person's side. ...more
Laryssa Shaffer
Apr 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Gahhhhh....I ate this up! All the elements for a good angsty YA with out all of the outlandish stuff.
Beth
Aug 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this duet of books. Binge read them in less than a day. I highly recommend to anyone who is looking for a new page turner series.
Pricilla Marcia
Jun 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Read this literally in one sitting because I can’t get my hands and eyes off of this book! Super glad I started this after the 2nd book was already released. I don’t know if I can survived the wait.
Sonia
Dec 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Very well written but very dramatic
Mary
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was ok
Heather
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
I received a free copy of this book from Hidden Gems in exchange for an honest review.

After her mother’s death, Izzy’s neglectful, unloving father forces her to move to the US from London until she turns 18. Resentful that she has to attend high school when she already finished in England, and still grieving her mother, she has nothing but disdain for everyone around her, including her twin brother Ethan, who she resents for choosing their awful father over Izzy and their mother.

I felt both sym
Mandy Stump
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"I recieved an Advanced Review Copy of this book."
Wow what a read. This was such a fantastic book. Definitely tears at your heartstrings from beginning to end. Izzy and Ethan are both fantastic characters. So much happens. I understand why Izzy is doing what she is doing but she really does go way to far. I hope in the next read thing get better. Ethan is a strong brother to deal with her but I know he is trying to understand her. I still wanna know the mystery of why Ethan lives with his dad se
Miia
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ellie
Oct 27, 2019 rated it liked it
4.5

Really well done, and a badly needed change of pace for me.
This book features high school students in their senior year - which ostensibly qualifies it as YA - and is NOT a romance. Rather, this is a raw take on the effects of fractured family dynamics and overwhelming grief on twin siblings. The story is edgy and intense and the level of emotion and conflict is often uncomfortable.
Izzy and Ethan will get under your skin - not always in a good way - and particularly Izzy because she narrates
Konny
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
All That's Left by Emma Doherty is book one in her The Carlington Twins Duet and tells Izzy and Ethan Carlington's tragic story.
The twins were separated by their parents and grew up, on different continents in different lifestyles.
And now, after a tragic loss, Izzy is forced to life with her estranged brother and absentee father. She's grieving and coping not at all in an unhealthy way and she and Ethan butt heads on more than one occassion.
AllThat's Left is a gripping story. This excellent wri
Elyse Rosen
Oct 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Oof, this was a good one. I’m so glad “All That’s Been Said” comes out in only a few weeks but I absolutely cannot wait. This one hit me. The grief and loneliness and guilt and sadness all packed in tight and crumbling to the surface along with the downfall of Izzy and the last of Ethan and Finn’s hope and faith. Oof, it hurts. But it feels so real.

Emma Doherty has definitely become one of my favorites.
Tori
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I FINISHED THIS IN ONE GO AND IM NOT OKAY 😭😭😭

Thank you to hidden gem books for this arc
Nicole Eckerson
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You need to read this book!

With all the same plots in the books I read this one was a breath of fresh air. I loved this book. Can't wait for book two. I wish it was available now.
Sreeya Kilambi
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book broke my heart. I need the next one ASAP
Fatima
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG such a great book! I can’t wait for the second one!!!
Karen
Oct 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cliffhanger gets one star off.

This chick is really messed up. Good luck liking anything about her when her twin is super nice. She needs therapy badly

Good stuff
Lauren
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good read

Emma Doherty sure knows how to make you feel the emotions of the characters in the book. A very good read and can’t wait for the next one
Steffy
Oct 29, 2019 rated it liked it
The story started strong unfortunately I ended up really hating Izzy which really deemed the story for me.
Natalie
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
All I can say is I need it to be November 7th .. like yesterday!
Goodreads Librari...: Two books under the same blurb 3 13 Oct 14, 2019 05:26AM

• Melt My Heart
  • Girl at Heart
  • Heartbreak Café
  • Faking It (Fake Boyfriend Duet Book 1)
  • Chase Jones is My Fake Boyfriend (Rumors and Lies at Evermore High #1)
  • Popularity is Just an Equation
  • One of the Guys
  • Something New
  • Risking It
  • The Wrong Prom Date (The Wrong Match Book 3)
  • Hate to Love (Bayfield High #4)
  • Playing the Enemy (The Trouble with Tomboys, #1)
  • I Hate You More
  • Playing to Win (The Trouble with Tomboys #2)
  • Fall (Sunset Beach High, #1)
  • The Nerd & the Quarterback (Jackson High #1)
  • Out of My League
  • The Wrong Costar (The Wrong Match Book 2)
Follow me on Instagram @emma.doherty.author

The Carlington Twins (2 books)
  • All That's Been Said (The Carlington Twins Duet, #2)