Start by marking “Enigma (Laurel Springs Emergency Response Team, #3)” as Want to Read:
Enigma (Laurel Springs Emergency Response Team, #3)

Enigma

(Laurel Springs Emergency Response Team #3)

It’s not how we make mistakes, but how we correct them that defines us…

Karsyn Fallaway

Tucker didn’t stop my car as it drove away from his house that summer night, and the sting of rejection hasn't gone away.

Over a year has gone by, and I find myself looking for him in all the places he’d been before. It doesn’t help, he’s still an enigma I have yet to figure out.

My
Published January 17th 2020 by Laramie Briscoe Books

To ask other readers questions about Enigma, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Enigma

Start your review of Enigma (Laurel Springs Emergency Response Team, #3)
Sabrina
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

Tucker and Karsyn's book is one I've been excited for since we were first introduced to their characters. Their story started off with Tucker being a complete idiot and letting Karsyn leave his life because he wasn't ready for those kind of strong feelings. Almost a year later Tucker realizes what a big mistake he made and he tries to win Karsyn back.

It was clear there was a lot between them and that it was a complicated relationship, which made the book all the m
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars ~ Erin

I am loving this series and Briscoe gives us a strong addition with Enigma. Just when things start to get serious between Karsyn and Tucker, he runs. Turning his back on everything he never knew he wanted, he learns that Karsyn’s heart may not be the only one broken. When he realizes his mistake, will she open herself back up to him or is it too late to make things right?
Briscoe delves into these characters, allowing us a deeper look. We begin to understand their motives, action
Simply Love Book Reviews
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
This third book in the series has us once again in Laurel Springs centered around the men and women who are there to protect and serve.

Tucker and Karsyn showed up in the previous books and I couldn’t wait to see where there story was going to lead. Karsyn seemed flighty to me in the previous books and a little in this book as well but she was hiding from her past. She thought she would be able to find comfort with Tucker but he had some high emotional walls. I wasn’t sure what to make of Tucker.
1-Click Addict Support Group
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
The past was never forgotten...

For good or bad, Tucker and Karsyn’s lives were shaped by events of the past. Sometimes we’re able to have a second chance and redo the mistakes and these two made the most of their reunion.

This author is a great storyteller and I was glued to the pages from the get go. Tucker and Karsyn had history – both love-filled and heartbreaking. How it all came to be, and what they were going to do about it now, made for a read full of emotional minefields. I felt for bot
Victoria
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When I first saw the blurb for Enigma I was super excited and couldn't wait to get my hands on a copy! I'm happy to report that it totally lived up to every expectation I had... and then some!

Syn and Tuck's story is one of second chances, growth and acceptance. Their story was so beautiful and heart-breaking that you couldn't help but cheer them on to be together.

Syn was everything I love about a leading lady: a little unsure, a lot strong and stubborn. She didn't see the world through rose co
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

Laramie Briscoe is back with the third standalone book in the Laurel Springs Emergency Response Team (LSERT) series and this one has got to be my absolute favorite of this series to date.

Enigma was everything I needed it to be and more... a beautiful, steamy, sexy, swoony, suspenseful l, second chance - contemporary romance that gave me all the feels right from the start and was completely unputdownable in every single moment this book gave.

*sigh* Tucker and Karsyn captivated me from the
Millennial Life Crisis Bookshelf - Samantha
Continue to love Laramie Briscoe and this series! After falling in love with the stories of their parents, we are getting the second generation of this crew and I can’t thank Laramie enough! Both Tucker and Karsyn have pasts that heavily affect their present and future, and it makes this couple that much harder trying to get together and push through. After Tucker finally pulls his head out and sees Karsyn and their relationship for what it was, the book got that much better because they finally ...more
Tanja OMGReads
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: omgreads, 5star, jan-2020
This book is what real life is about .

It’s about having fears and doing unreasonable stuff like breaking up with the woman you love because you got scared and decided to push her away.
It's about learning from your mistakes and then deciding enough is enough and doing everything you can to return the light in your life and never letting go. It’s about learning that sometimes hot sizzling chemistry just isn't enough.
This story had tears, laughter and moments where ones heart was so full of l
Jaclyn
Dec 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’ve been waiting for Tucker and Karsyn’s story since we were first introduced to them. Their story was amazing and I loved seeing both characters be vulnerable with each other. Both Karsyn and Tucker’s past play a major role in how they live their lives and have impacted their relationships. Both of their stories were heartbreaking, but they use their past mistakes to rise above and create a stronger relationship. I loved seeing the other characters, especially the camaraderie between Tucker, N ...more
Jessica
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tucker... what to say about Tucker... I absolutely love him! He makes an awesome book boyfriend.
And he’s mine!
I’ve claimed him! Called dibs! AND licked him!
So like I said, he’s mine!!!

About the story -
Tucker and Karsyn make a great couple. Neither are perfect, but they are perfect for each other. At the beginning of this story they are broken up. Or whatever you want to call it when you just have sexy times, then catch feelings, tell the man you love him, and then he ends things with you.
Stupid
Amanda
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story was absolutely amazing. I didn’t think the LSERTS series could get better, I mean have you read Ransom and Nick’s stories?! But of course, it got better and I loved it so much. Tucker, being a typical guy, starts out the story by being an idiot! He definitely redeems himself and Karsyn and him reunite to start a beautiful relationship. About time too, because poor Major was missing his Karsyn! The story has love, growth, friendships (some really great and funny friendships), and of co ...more
Britt The Hatters
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There’s a reason Laramie Briscoe is an auto buy and frequent reread author for me and Enigma is the perfect example of why. Beautifully blending heavy emotion with heartwarming sweetness like no other she had me riveted right from the prologue of Tucker and Karsyn’s story. I’m talking literally from page one I was hooked. These two have quite a story that will have you shedding a tear or two, then a whole lot of happy tears along the way.
A second chance sweeter than any I’ve ever read before th
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
I’ve read 4-5 of Laramie Briscoe’s books at this point, and I’ve noticed she always manages to find characters and a story that will suck me in and hold me until the very end. Karsyn and Tucker have history, and not the good kind. It’s the kind where someone got their heart broken and they both spent b months trying to recover. Now Tucker knows he made a mistake and he wants Karsyn back. Karsyn isn’t sure she can trust Tucker again, and when things get complicated, can they find a way to make it ...more
Karin
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a perfect read for me. Tucker and Karsyn was in a semi relationship but when she did the unthinkable to Tucker, caught feelings lol, he immediately cut ties with her and broker her heart. I loved that when Tucker realized the mistake he made he worked for it and tried hard to get back in her good graces which made it better cause he wasn’t immediately forgiven for hurting her. She is dealing with past trauma and when she finally opens to Tucker about her past he becomes her strength and ...more
Jo Grant
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An emotionally stunted Tucker lets Karsyn go after she tells him that she loves him! 12 months later, after trying to stay away and failing miserably! He’s basically turned into her stalker. When he wants funding for his K-9 unit, Karsyn offers to help. He gets his second chance to show her how he really feels. Great read. Loved reading their story and catching up with all my favourites from previous books.
Kylee
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Enigma is a story that will at times leave you breathless and fully consumed. Tucker is a man scared of the power of love but when his fear keeps the reason for his heart to beat at arms length, it’s time to be strong and vulnerable all at once. Karsyn and Tucker both need to come clean, open their hearts and finally accept that without each other life has no meaning. A story that is flirty, a little dirty, drama filled and overflowing with love and passion.
Tammy
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awwww Karsyn and Tucker, I don't even know what to say Besides I LOVED this story. These two, were absolutely perfect for eachother. Both have to overcome some huge obstacles in their past keeping them from the future, but when they do it's absolutely the perfect love we all want in life. With an added bonus of Major, he adds his own special parts to this read.
Latifa Morrisette
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Enigma is book 3 in the LSERT series and it's Karsyn and Tucker's book. I love this series so much. Each has their own flow to it and I have never been steered wrong by this author. I'm excited for more from this series. ...more
Jeanine
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This series is great, every story just gets better and better. Tucker and Karsyn's relationship has some bumps that they overcome, it is a fun ride to watch them get there. I loved the fundraiser....so may wins there. I can't wait for the next story! ...more
Calli Pennine
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely amazing!! Tucker and Karsyn have chemistry in spades!! From the first page to the last you are reading about a couple you know will make it no matter what obstacles get put in their way. I highly recommend this whole series!
Crystal Wilke
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
I loved the chemistry between Tucker and Karsyn. Their past will keep them apart for a little while but their love for one another will overcome the hurt. Enigma is filled with laughter, love, sexy time and heroism.
Bex_Book_Revieux
May 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Syn and Tucker's love is mesmerizing!

I really enjoyed watching Tucker figure out what he was going to do to get his Karsyn back after he decimated her emotionally. The worst thing a person can do when someone tells them they love them is leave. Of course Karsyn was used to people leaving as soon as they knew her secret, which is why no one in Laurel Springs except her parents knew the horror Karsyn had experienced first hand as a very young girl.

When Tuck decides he can't survive without Syn, h
Debra  (Dragon Nanny) Phiri
May 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This story shows us that when both people aren’t in the same place emotionally a relationship just won’t work but it also shows that it can with time and caring be put back together.

Change can happen within yourself and you can be willing to put in the work to have what you didn’t realize you even wanted to begin with.

Kar and Tucker are people who both have some growing to do not only for each other but for themselves and what’s to come!

Excellent story with sizzle, action and suspense!
Wickedly  Romance
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Could this be any better! We begin with Tucker being a typical man and letting Karsyn (I love her name!) get away because he wasn't ready to admit the very deep feelings he was having. A year later and he knows he made a huge mistake and tries to win her back.

These two are complicated at best. I think that is one of the things that made this such a great read. K
Erin
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Book Three of the Laurel Springs Emergency Response Team series...a much anticipated addition to Ms. Briscoe’s collection! I count myself blessed to have read everything by this author has written, and could not have been more excited to read this book and see how the story unfolded!

Tucker and Karsyn needed a second chance at love. Their journey was one of many choices and twists and turns. I loved reading about another K9 handler and his love story.

I admit I was a bit nervous about another K9
Kathy Rouchelle
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The boys of Laurel Springs (LSERT) are back and this time we get Tucker's story, and what a story it is. This book will break your heart and send chills down your spine, as well as give you goosebumps and more than a few heat flashes! But it is really Karsyn's story that will tug at your heart and have you cheering for the strong woman she has become. When she reveals her secret to Tucker, she will definitely capture your heart.

This story is well written and will definitely play on your emotion
Cheryl O'Harney
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
We’re back in Laurel Springs and this time we’re getting to know Tucker and Karsyn, they’re both part of the Laurel Springs Emergency Response Team, the pair were in a relationship of sorts up until Karsyn caught feelings and uttered the "L" word which resulted in Tucker ending what they had going on, breaking her heart in the process. Tucker comes to his senses, realising just how much Karsyn means to him and how, no matter what issues he had in his younger "family life" growing up he’s not goi ...more
Barbara
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this addition to the series. The storyline is well thought out, flows nicely and boy did it keep me on my toes. The plot is emotional, exciting, romantic and suspenseful all rolled up into one amazing read. If you have kept up with the Laurel Springs books, you know that Tucker and Karsyn are a couple. Yet when Karsyn wanted more, Tucker couldn’t do it and he let her drive away and out of his life, feeling his childhood made him unworthy of giving and receiving love. But now it’s a year la ...more
Jennifer Pierson
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Enigma was a fantastic & emotional read that I legit couldn't get enough of. It's the story of Tucker Williams, a man who had too much pride to go after the girl who was his lobster in every way, and Karsyn Fallaway, the other half of Tucker, and after he broke her heart, she's really not having any of him these days. It doesn't mean that the year after that emotional incident that he's out of her head, or that she's out of his, but this girl is very strong, albeit too stubborn at times, however ...more
Cheri
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Tucker stopped her and gave her a ticket . She added her phone number with her signature. Eventually, that brought them together until he got scared off by her feelings. Regret was almost immediate. Could he get her back?

Karsyn had a past. One she refused to share. She just wanted her life to go on and leave that past behind. She thought that's what she had with Tucker. He trained the k-9s and had a working dog himself. Even his dog loved her. She lost him too. Tucker wants her back? After all t
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Shakedown (Souls Chapel Revenants MC, #8)
  • Chalk Dirty to Me (Madd CrossFit, #3)
  • Get Bucked (The Valentine Boys #4)
  • Sunset Beach
  • Fries Before Guys (SWAT Generation 2.0 #2)
  • Maybe Swearing Will Help (SWAT Generation 2.0 #3)
  • Inmate of the Month (Souls Chapel Revenants MC, #7)
  • The Christmas Pact
  • A Minute to Midnight (Atlee Pine, #2)
  • Herd That (The Valentine Boys #1)
  • Join the Club (SWAT Generation 2.0, #7)
  • Dating-ish (Knitting in the City, #6)
  • Crazy Heifer (The Valentine Boys #2)
  • Ask Me If I Care (SWAT Generation 2.0 #4)
  • Gen Pop (Souls Chapel Revenants MC, #6)
  • Jerk It (Madd CrossFit, #2)
  • Any Day Now (SWAT Generation 2.0, #8)
  • The Wish Maker (The Billionaires of Silicon Forest, #2)

Laramie Briscoe is the USA Today & Wall Street Journal Bestselling Author of over 30 books.

When she's not writing alpha males who seriously love their women, she loves spending time with friends, reading, and marathoning shows on Netflix.

Laramie lives in Bowling Green, KY with her husband and a sometimes crazy cat named Beau.

She is represented by Two Daisy Media

Would you like to join her reader

Laurel Springs Emergency Response Team (5 books)
  • Ransom (Laurel Springs Emergency Response Team, #1)
  • Suppression (Laurel Springs Emergency Response Team, #2)
  • Cutter (Laurel Springs Emergency Response Team, #4)
  • Sullivan (Laurel Springs Emergency Response Team, #5)