Start by marking “Reflection (The Kingdom Chronicles, #4)” as Want to Read:
Reflection (The Kingdom Chronicles, #4)

Reflection

(The Kingdom Chronicles #4)

Princess Rheanna’s self-esteem shattered when her former fiancé unexpectedly ended their betrothal. Years later, the rejection continues to haunt her, and now that she’s faced with yet another unwanted political engagement, Rhea will do anything to avoid another heartache.

When a mysterious lure draws Rhea to an abandoned turret of the palace, she discovers a magic mirror a
Published November 11th 2019 by Rosewood Publications

To ask other readers questions about Reflection, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reflection

Start your review of Reflection (The Kingdom Chronicles, #4)
Camille
Over ten years ago I got the idea for writing a romance where the love interest is trapped in a mirror. I found the concept thoroughly intriguing, but after several attempts to come up with a plot, I realized it wasn’t time to tell that story. I’m so thrilled that, many years later, I’ve finally found the perfect way to share my initial idea—as a retelling of Snow White. This book was both extremely fun to write as I explored how a romance between a magic mirror would play out, while also being ...more
Julie Carpenter
Reflection...what a great title for this Snow White retelling. I loved how the author captured that title so perfectly throughout the whole book. I was scanning through my highlights and came across a quote that I loved and thought would show you all a little glimpse of this gem of a novel.

~That was when seeing my reflection had become almost painful. A room like this with hundreds of mirrors represented hundreds of reminders that I didn't measure up. I half expected Drake to laugh. But he didn'
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
This book started out a bit rocky for me but I was so intrigued by the man in the mirror and the developing relationship there that I kept reading. I think the beginning felt like it was spinning in one place too long. The same sentiments and situations were reiterated over and over. Rhea and Drake literally had the same conversations. I was getting frustrated with Rhea. But then it started moving. Thank goodness. The plot began to build more and more and I could feel the intensity ramping up fo ...more
Bess
Jul 28, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: borrowed
3.5
Rhea & Drake's story.
This one was a bit long winded in my opinion. While I enjoyed the riveting adventure, I feel the conclusion could have come much quicker.
I guess almost immediately the relationship between Drake & Briar. While we see Drake's curse, being trapped in a mirror, we never learn of Briar's curse. Which I found odd.
Rhea was spurned by Aiden in book 1. However, this is her story. She finally learned to let the past go and embrace the strong woman she was!
Fraught with intrigue, mu
S Butera
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
She's done it again! I couldn't put it down. The whole Kingdom Chronicles series has been amazing but I think this one was my favorite so far. Camille Peters books hook you from chapter 1, you feel as if you're part of that world. You laugh, you cry, you get emotionally attached to these characters. I love how I get to reconnect with characters from the previous books and see how their stories are unfolding. The books in this series always leave me feeling content with a happy ending but with li ...more
Dee/ bookworm
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-2019
I was so excited for this book!! It was nothing like I expected, but I loved every minute of it. It was so fun and captivating of a story line, I saw bits and pieces of lots of story books intricately woven into something different, something unique. I really couldn't guess the ending, it really could have turned out multiple ways, but I did have hope...

Spectacular book! One of my favorites for this year!

Thank you to Ms. Peters for the ARC in exchange for a fair review. The thoughts and ideas ar
Charles
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great read from this series! The characters we love are back and better than ever! So far my favorite in this series! It’s time for Princess Rhea to tell her tale and what a powerful one it was! Just finished it and already anxious for the next story!!
Merie Shen
Wow, I was not expecting to enjoy this so much! I'll admit it took a shamefully long time for me to read this-- I read it when it first came out but never finished it. Anyway, this time around I was able to be fully invested in the story, and now I am on pins and needles waiting for book five to come out!

Princess Rhea was a sweet character from the first book, but we can really appreciate her personality here! I loved that her arc has a theme of self-worth in the "not measuring up" vein. She was
Amy
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: all-my-love, annotate
Ohh I absolutely love it sooo much, this was a beautiful, poewerful, magical and romantic story. I adored it.
Rhea was a insecure girl who missed self love and Drake was a grumpy man, together they not only find each other l, but they find them selves. Rhea becomes a powerful strong and confident woman and saves Drake in so many ways, just as he saves her.
I am soo proud of Rhea and happy for her, she found her own worth and love at last
The storyline of Liam was heartbreaking and I needed to put
Gypsy Madden
Jan 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Though this book may have been inspired by Snow White, it certainly isn’t in any way a retelling of the famous fairy tale. There are a couple of common elements, but the core story is completely original (I love that the author created her own story instead of retreading through the usual set up). Even though this is book 4 in the series, this can be read as a stand-alone. But you’d get greater enjoyment of it after reading the previous books in the series. Prince Dedric from the first book make ...more
Anne-Marie
Dec 25, 2019 rated it it was ok
As of today, 12/25/19, I haven't finished this book. Not because it's not interesting, but because I am incredibly frustrated with the book. ***Possible spoilers in this review***

I have liked it a little better than the previous book in the series, because the plot is more than the characters having sweet romantic moments for the entire book. However, Reflection is way too long and slow. If there were more exciting things happening at the beginning, the length wouldn't bother me, but I found mys
Morgan
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My favorite Camille Peters novel so far! I received an ARC of this fabulous tale and thoroughly enjoyed the journey of Princess Rhea. The KINGDOM CHRONICLES are fairytale retellings that work as stand alone stories, but also connect and best enjoyed if read in order. Major characters in one novel will show up in other books and minor characters will appear/become main characters in others. I love that concept -similar to Melanie Dickerson, Melanie Cellier, or K.M Shea's fairytale retellings.

Thi
Candice Allen
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Powerful book with love and truth

While a delightful story of magic and love. There was a deep underlying message about learning to believe in yourself. Rheana negative thoughts nearly ruined her happiness. Fortunately she learned what it means to love another and be brave enough to stand up against those who would hold her back from becoming all she was meant to be. I found so many powerful parallels and precious quotes from this book that I can share and apply in my life. It's wonderful when a
Ashley
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: purple-books
I was very excited to receive this ARC. I love fairy tale retellings and this one did not disappoint. While there were a couple of spelling errors, nothing completely atrocious. My only negative comment is that I figured out the plot within the first 3 chapters. But I love the way Camille writes and I truly enjoy all of her books. I highly recommend this book if you like fairy tales.
Joy
Mar 27, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: indie-authors
Sorry

I love the concept of the story . The writing was good, but the story was slow and some bits were very repetitive. And the villian and their method of hurting the crown prince was obvious, but the protagonist didn’t guess it until the very end?! I did like Rhea’s character because her self doubt was realistic. I love how the author described the orchard and the outdoors.
Catherine
Jan 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Definitely my favorite of this series so far! The writing has matured and the character dynamics felt more believable.
Adrianja
Jun 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fairytales, favorites
Every time I start one of Camille Peters' books, I do not realize how deeply I will fall in love with the characters and their stories. I think the author has a true gifting for writing characters with relatable heart struggles and truly fantastic relationships.

I will start with Rhea. I have loved each previous heroine, but I was not aware that Rhea would become the most dear to my heart. The reason being that I can relate to her. Rhea struggles with a low opinion of herself, toxic self-talk, an
Megen
Jun 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Rhea is a reflection (excuse the pun) of a struggle many of us are intimately familiar with: feeling like we're not enough. Whether this be good enough to follow our dreams, pretty/witty/smart enough for a romantic interest, talented enough for a job or position, fighting the whispering doubts of low self-esteem seems to practically be a hallmark of the human condition. It's a battle many women in particular can relate to. And that's exactly why this novel is worth reading: Rhea is a fairytale s ...more
Sarah S
May 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have faithfully read all of Peters books since this series started. I will admit I thought the first few had some issues but Peters continues to work on plot with every book and this is the first one I really felt deserved 5 stars. It was a page turner and I enjoyed watching all the twists with Rhea and Drake. While portions dragged a little in the middle overall this series has grown leaps and bounds! Rhea in particular was great heroine. I didn't feel she was a pushed over like previous MC's ...more
Jul 31, 2020 rated it liked it
I loved the relationship between Drake and Rhea, their interactions were my favorite parts, but Rhea's lack of trust in Drake and all the angst in the second half really hurt the book for me. I understand why she tried to make things work with Briar and why up until the last minute they were going to get married, but the heartache and angst with that was too much.
Julie Loehr
Jun 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Delightful fairy tale!

A great story with fun characters. I enjoyed watching the heroine find her freedom and her courage. Recommended for fairy tale and clean romance story lovers.
Elis
Jun 16, 2020 rated it it was ok
The beginning was interesting, but the entire story is just boring.
What more Rhea needed to understand who the "villain" was and why?
Soo long. The characters repeat the same fact and the same sentences over and over again.
Briana
Oct 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Definitely my favorite Snow White stories ever. I laughed and cried, screamed and bawled, giggled and yelled. As you can see it made me emotional. My favorite part was the fact that he sees her better than she sees herself.
Sriya Mudumba
Apr 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It was good
Josh England
Apr 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Enchanting

Each story has been so enthralling. I am so looking forward to the upcoming books in this series. Thank you for writing them!

a
Shannon
May 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great take on a classic tale. I love reading different takes on fairytales and this is a good one. The characters are well done and the storyline flows smoothly and keeps you interested.
Emily S.
Jul 14, 2020 rated it did not like it
Couldn’t even finish this one after multiple attempts.
Jia
Nov 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fairy-tale
i love the book! ill write my review soon! <3 ...more
Kristen
Mar 18, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5
I've really enjoyed this series so far...this wasn't my favorite though, it was a little too repetitive in sports but overall I enjoyed it.

Moral Note: Mild fairy tale violence
Leah
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic book with an interesting twist on Snow White. I’m so glad we finally got to see Princess Rhea’s story after first meeting her in Pathways. Her character growth was slow enough to make me invested, but not so slow as to prevent me from enjoying the story. The way her insecurities constantly reappear reminds me of the very real struggle of overcoming them in real life.
One of the best things I like about Camille Peters’ writing is that she portrays the challenges of romance both before an

• The Secret Princess: A Retelling of The Goose Girl (Return to the Four Kingdoms, #1)
  • Princess of Mermaids (Fairy Tale Adventures, #3)
  • A Princess of Wind and Wave: A Retelling of The Little Mermaid (Beyond the Four Kingdoms, #6)
  • Princess of Secrets (Fairy Tale Adventures, #2)
  • Princess of Midnight: A Retelling of Cinderella (Fairytales of Folkshore, #6)
  • The Coronation Ball (Four Kingdoms, #2.2)
  • Princess of Shadows (Fairy Tale Adventures, #1)
  • The Prince's Bargain (The Elves of Lessa, #3)
  • Beauty of Rosemead: A Retelling of Beauty and the Beast (Fairytales of Folkshore, #5)
  • Dreamer of Briarfell: A Retelling of Sleeping Beauty (Fairytales of Folkshore, #7)
  • The Dragon Princess: Sleeping Beauty Reimagined
  • A Captive of Wing and Feather: A Retelling of Swan Lake (Beyond the Four Kingdoms, #5)
  • The Cursed Prince (Reversed Retellings, #3)
  • Shard of Glass: A Cinderella Romance (Fairy Tale Royals, #1)
  • Thorn of Rose: A Beauty and the Beast Romance (Fairy Tale Royals, #2)
  • Cursed: Briar Rose's Story (Destined #6)
  • Reign of Magic (The Fairy Tale Enchantress, #3)
  • The Beast and the Beauty (Reversed Retellings, #2)
Camille Peters was born and raised in Salt Lake City, Utah where she grew up surrounded by books. As a child, she spent every spare moment reading and writing her own stories on every scrap of paper she could find. Becoming an author was always more than a childhood dream; it was a certainty.

Her love of writing grew alongside her as she took local writing classes in her teens, spent a year studyin

The Kingdom Chronicles (7 books)
  • Pathways (The Kingdom Chronicles, #1)
  • Spelled (The Kingdom Chronicles, #2)
  • Identity (The Kingdom Chronicles #3)
  • Enchantment (The Kingdom Chronicles, #5)
  • Voyage (The Kingdom Chronicles #6)
  • The Kingdom Chronicles Box Set 2