Start by marking “His Small-Town Girl (Sutter's Hollow, #1)” as Want to Read:
His Small-Town Girl (Sutter's Hollow, #1)

His Small-Town Girl

(Sutter's Hollow #1)

She's sweet and wholesome. And hiding something.
He's back home, resurrecting old ghosts.
One of them is going to get hurt.

Molly arrives in Sutter's Hollow out of gas and out of options. The rundown ranch seems like a perfect place to hide. Except the man who owns it seems just as dangerous as what’s chasing her.

Cord's mantra growing up? Get out of Sutter’s Hollow. Now he’s
Published May 12th 2020

To ask other readers questions about His Small-Town Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Small-Town Girl

Start your review of His Small-Town Girl (Sutter's Hollow, #1)
Lacy Williams
Mar 27, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
HIS SMALL-TOWN GIRL is available to pre-order!

➳ Amazon: https://amzn.to/2JbVECV
➳ Apple Books: https://apple.co/2QHtZy6
➳ Nook: https://bit.ly/2JbVRpH
➳ Kobo: https://bit.ly/3afylUT

READ AN EXCERPT NOW:

What was she going to do?

Molly caught her knuckle as she twisted the wrench on a nut that just wouldn't give. She gritted her teeth as the skin scraped away. She sucked on the skin, the iron tang of blood settling on her tongue.

Questions bounced through her mind as a cold wind blew straight down the
E-Reader Addict
Jun 03, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley
Ugh. Another day...another book that took me way too long to read. This 150 page book felt like it was 350 pages long and took me three nights to read.

Molly and Cord are two people with a barn-full of issues. Molly has fled Austin, Texas in an attempt to get away from a dangerous stalker. She gets a couple hours away when her car stalls out in the drive of No-Name Ranch. The owner reluctantly lets her spend the night. When she then proves to be handy around the falling-down ranch, he reluctantl
romancejunkie
Apr 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A sweet and wholesome romance that touched my heart. Molly and Cord were the best example of what true love is.
Priyanka
May 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Molly is on the run as her life is in his danger, while on the run she lands in Sutter's Hollow, just when she thinks she's in luck when she finds a help needed at a ranch, things don't completely work as she initially thought they would, because Cord didn't post the ad and wanted her gone as fast as possible. With her truck being dead she has nowhere to go. But there's a silver lining to everything, so don't give up.

Cord also has been through a difficult childhood and an event that changed his
Julie - One Book More
His Small-Town Girl is the first book in Lacy Williams' Sutter's Hollow series. This sweet and interesting romance novel has likable characters with mysterious and interesting pasts.

Molly is desperate to leave her past in the past. She is running from something and looking for a safe place to disappear. When she sees an ad to work on a farm, she leaps at the opportunity. Cord has returned to his childhood home to sell it, but he never put an ad in for help, nor does he want help. However, Molly
Jessica Reads It
Valri Western
Apr 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love Lacy William book and this one has to be one of her best! The two main characters are about as down on your luck as two people can be! As they rise from the ashes, you will believe in hope, love and second chances. This book touches me so much, especially with what is happening in the world right now. We NEED a book like this to restore our faith in humanity! Cord had such a difficult childhood and should have been loved and cared for by the one person responsible for that - his grandma - ...more
Laura..devouring books like crumpets
I liked it

What i loved... It was so descriptive... i could feel i was there with the characters at the ranch, from the smells of cooking, the layout of the building to the views from the window the Author transported me there.

What was Meh

The story was a bit bland and parts seemed a bit dramatic.. like the MC cutting everyone out of his life and avoiding them for years then being so content at the end of the book so, well easily.....

I don't know.... some bits didn't add up.... still the writing
Meagan
Apr 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
AHH this book was great! I so enjoyed getting to know Cord (man, that name grew on me quickly) and Molly in this first book in the Sutter's Hollow series.

Williams did a great job at creating a sense of mystery and intrigue (what was the deal with Cord's grandma? What's got Molly spooked? How's it going to all pan out?). Details came out layer by layer, just how I like it (no matter how many times I say I just want to know everything right now). :) And ooh boy, The Moment. (Is that kind of like "
Dee/ bookworm
Apr 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fav2020
#HisSmallTownGirl #NetGalley

This has be one of my favorite Lacy Williams book!! Her novels are always good, but this one was great! I really liked the characters and felt an instant connection with Molly. I really like that even though Cord grew in this book. He made some really big steps in opening up and beginning to live again. I liked that he and Molly really complimented each other.

Thank you to NetGalley and Lacy Williams Books LLC. for an advance reader copy in exchange for a fair review.
Susan
A beautiful heart filled novel....mending grief, renewing relationships and find love!
booksofallkinds
May 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
*I voluntarily reviewed this e-book from the author.

I didn't know what to expect when I picked up HIS SMALL-TOWN GIRL by Lacy Williams but this romance was everything I could have wanted and more.

Cord has one goal when it comes to the ranch where his grandmother raised him - fix it up, sell it, and get out of Sutter's Hollow as quickly as possible. This place holds only bad memories and regrets and there is nothing for him here anymore. But when he meets Molly, a kind-hearted young woman who is
Blessed & Bookish
Jun 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
His Small Town Girl by Lacy Williams was a suspenseful and heartwarming read. I enjoyed the story and look forward to reading more about Callum in the next book in the series!
I just loved Molly. As Cord said, she's young, but she has an old soul and a huge heart. Even when she was dealing with her own demons, she sought ways to ease Cord's pain. She is such a treasure! And I thought it was awesome she was a genius at working on cars/trucks/tractors! Total farm girl.
Cord is a bit rough around the
Bonnie
Apr 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I truly loved this book and it was very hard to put down. It's the first time I've read one of Ms Williams books and it won't be the last. I love her style of writing and found it to be an easy read.
Lynette
Apr 08, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A sweet, small-town romance
Karen
Jun 16, 2020 rated it liked it
Sweet small town romance has Molly evading a stalker as she arrives at cranky Cord's run down ranch. Cord ends up letting her stay since she wants a job. They both have issues in their pasts and they begin to heal and fall in love. The story is sweet, but since this is a shorter novel, I felt at times that things were missing and should have been fleshed out better.

I received a review copy thru NetGalley in exchange for my honest opinion.
RateTheRomance
HIS SMALL TOWN GIRL is a wonderful story of healing and love. Molly is running from a dangerous ex and Noah has reluctantly returned to his hometown after leaving following a horrible accident. These two have a lot of emotional baggage to sort through and their love story is a sweet tale of second chances.

This book was heavy on story and pretty light on romance. I wish the author had given us a more drawn out happy ending after such a heavy story. It felt like 95% of this book was trauma and sa
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

His Small-Town Girl begins the Sutter’s Hollow series with an emotional romance between two people who are emotionally and physically running from the past yet are finding their future, together, in the most unlikely place.

Cord vowed to never set foot in Sutter’s Hollow once he’d escaped, yet here he is back settling his mean-hearted grandmother’s estate or what’s left of the dilapidated, rundown ranch. The last thing he needed to deal with was a wounded, scared woman
Clare
May 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This story is about Molly and Cord, who find themselves drawn to each other, albeit reluctantly, in a small town called Sutter’s Hollow. She is running away from something and he is fighting to have to face the past, both are vulnerable and wary of letting the other get too close.

Molly’s car breaks down leaving her with little option but to stay in the small town, but she is low on funds and needs somewhere to stay. Responding to an advert asking for ranch hands, she turns up at the No Name ranc
Alicia (Alicia Reads It)
May 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 STARS
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

𝗛𝗶𝘀 𝗦𝗺𝗮𝗹𝗹-𝗧𝗼𝘄𝗻 𝗚𝗶𝗿𝗹 is such a sweet and delightful romance. I really enjoyed getting to know our MC’s Cord & Molly in this first book in the Sutter’s Hollow series.

I really enjoyed how Williams developed her characters. They were both so troubled by their pasts, but the way they were written also showed that these characters were capable of so much love and growth. Very well done characters.

This book definitely shows Williams writing chops. This book is short, quick read, but was
Lynn
May 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Cord is back in Sutter’s Hollow settling his late Grandmothers estate. The No Name ranch is where Cord grew up after losing his parents, and his childhood is full of unpleasant memories. He cannot wait to fix up the ranch and put it up for sale leaving Sutter’s Hollow for good.
Molly arrives at the ranch clutching an ad supposedly placed by Cord looking for a ranch hand. She is lost, afraid, and running from her past. She cannot go back to her old life and she fears for her safety. Hopefully, thi
The Book Worm
May 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. And I honestly loved it. His Small-Town Girl reminds me of the romances I used to read years ago, those that don't follow a commercial (and mostly predictable) plot formula. His Small-Town girl brings us real people with real problems. Not problems created to address a certain trend, where all the characters are made to behave in the socially accepted way, so perfect they sound fake from whatever angle you look at them.
This do
Bonnie
Apr 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story.
Once again Lacy has worked her magic and hooked our hearts and emotions with her stories. Lacy’s tone is a little more somber in this story than in others, but it fits with her characters. We have down home characters who both feel the spark but refuse to admit it and actually fight against it.

Cord was back on his grandmother’s ranch for one reason only, to get it ready to sell. The only memories associated with the place were bad and he just wanted to be done with it, once a
Connie
Jul 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley and I am voluntarily reviewing it.

I read the second book of this series first "Secondhand Cowboy" and fell in love with the characters. I knew I had to go back and read this one. The only negative for me (and it did detract from the story a little but not in a way to reduce a star), was reading about Noah and the accident that caused his blindness.) The cause of the blindness is different in each of these stories. In t
Sydney Winward
Jun 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
She’s running from a stalker. He wants to escape Sutter’s Hollow and leave his past behind forever. But when fate brings them together, will they be able to deny the attraction they feel for one another?

This was a cute, touching story in a small-town setting. The characters were built well with great depth and backstory. I liked how the mistreatment and neglect of horses is compared to Molly’s trauma. Cord had plenty of layers that Molly had to peel through to find the man beneath. She had plent
Norma Jean
May 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ms. Williams’ engaging story about two people running from their troubled past captured my attention and my heart from Chapter One.

Cord has returned to his home town to settle the estate of the mean-spirited grandmother who raised him and his brother after their parents were killed in an accident. His grandmother’s rigid no nonsense attitude toward the boys made for a miserable childhood. Cord just wants to get the ranch fixed up enough to sell it and get back to his life in the city.

Enter Moll
Liza
May 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
His Small-Town Girl is the first book I've read by Lacy Williams and the first book in her new Sutter's Hollow series. Both Molly and Cord have something from their pasts they are running from, and are reluctantly thrown together when Molly's truck breaks down on Cord's ranch. Cord is back in Sutter's Hollow to make the repairs needed to sell his grandmother's ranch and head back to Houston and his life.

I enjoyed His Small-Town Girl. It is a sweet contemporary romance. I liked both Molly and Cor
Elizabeth
May 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-digital, romance
I won an advanced copy of this book, but I've read several books by Lacy Williams now. I love the coming home to a small town troupe so so much, and this little town has its share of interesting characters. When Cord comes back to Sutter's Hollow to settle his deceased grandmother's affairs and to sell her ranch (and maybe some of its painful memories), he has no interest in sticking around. Molly, on the run from a stalker, answers a mysterious help wanted ad in town for a ranch hand only to ha ...more
Amanda
Apr 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
His Small-Town Girl was a page turner. This sweet, clean romance is book one in the Sutter’s Hollow series. When Molly and Cord cross paths, they are both very broken and damaged people. I flew through this book, because I couldn’t wait to find out what happened next. I really liked the characters, and look forward to the next book in the series. I also enjoyed the fact that the conflict was realistic.
From the moment Molly shows up on the ranch he’s just inherited, Cord has a soft spot for her.
Sharon Grow
May 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Molly English has a stalker and needs somewhere to hide. She leaves college in her truck with her guitar and ends up in Sutter’s Hollow. Cord Coulter never planned on returning home, but his grandmother has passed and he needs to settle her estate. The ranch is in disrepair and in debt when Molly shows up looking for work. Cord needs help, but he has no intention of letting Molly stay, until he does. Can he let her stay while he works on the ranch? Molly is attracted to Cord, but can’t allow pos ...more
« previous 1 3 next »
Christian Book Re...: Review request: HIS SMALL-TOWN GIRL 1 5 Apr 29, 2020 07:41PM

• The Little Amish Matchmaker
  • Second Chance in Summit County (Summit County #1)
  • Seeking Home (Family Bonds Book 1)
  • Her Charming Distraction (A Change in Plans #2)
  • Cowboys Don't Stand Under the Mistletoe
  • Rafe (Texas Boudreau Brotherhood, #1)
  • Winter Wheat (At Home in Pennsylvania Amish Country #1)
  • A Doctor's Promise (Lifeline Air Rescue #1)
  • Heart of a Cowboy
  • Falling for Her Boss
  • The Billionaire's Marriage Bargain (Clean Billionaire Fake Marriage Romance Series Book 1)
  • Choosing Happily Ever After
  • Finding Love (Devoted In Montana A Sweet Western Romance Series Book 1)
  • Firstborn
  • Love Me (Chapel Cove Romances, #2)
  • Your Heart For Mine (Taking Chances Book 0)
  • The Loneliest Cottage (Alaskan Hearts #1)
  • The Love Notes: A High School Reunion Romance (Forever Home Romance #1)
Lacy Williams wishes her writing career was more like what you see on Hallmark movies: dreamy brainstorming from a French chateau or a few minutes at the computer in a million-dollar New York City penthouse. In reality, she’s up before the sun, putting words on the page before her kids wake up for the day. Those early-morning and late-night writing sessions add up, and Lacy has published fifty boo ...more

Sutter's Hollow (3 books)
  • Secondhand Cowboy
  • Cowgirl Next Door (Sutter's Hollow Book 3)