Start by marking “Unbroken” as Want to Read:
Unbroken

Unbroken

Unbroken is a reflection of moments-moments of strength and moments of need that are universal of the human condition. Largely autobiographical, this poetry collection shines a light in the dark places. Featuring themes of love and loss, family and self, nature and struggle, there is something for all readers within these pages.

Through her verses, Tanya has set out to sho
Published February 19th 2020 by FriesenPress

To ask other readers questions about Unbroken, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unbroken

Start your review of Unbroken
Natish Sangwan
Jul 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book is good for them who love poetry and helps you to read and write more . This is such a great book ..This book has poems on almost every title
Jasmine
Aug 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful. Emotional. Masterfully written. “Unbroken” took me through ups and down but I loved it all! I could tell that some pieces were raw and emotional and I can’t imagine the strength it took to write it. As a poet myself, I hope to someday write art such as this that will have a lasting impression on my readers. Very well done!!!
Violette
Jul 04, 2020 rated it really liked it

The collection of poetry in this book spoke to me on levels that I wasn’t expecting. To have a strangers words connect with you to make you feel like you wrote them? It’s such a deep experience that I have gone through this book and I have highlighted my favourites. It has a variety of different themes and moods for you to sit and resonate with.
This book by Mills is definitely worth the read. You can open the book to LITERALLY any page and it just seems to be the page you are supposed to read.
I
Irma
Jul 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Unbroken by Tanya Mills is a very special book. It contains 125 original, hard hitting poems about love, loss, nature and more, each rich in meaning and emotion. I found them highly therapeutic to read.

The author and poet skillfully succeeds at putting into words those deep emotions and life experiences everyone encounters at some point, yet sometimes find hard to adequately express. What makes this collection of poems refreshingly different is that the quality of writing remains consistent thr
thereader_
Jul 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: motivating
So Heartouching poems.

This is my 2nd poetry reading of the year & I m so glad that I got a chance to read this book. Some poems are so beautifully written that while reading them you'll feel yourself in that situation.

I liked that how gracefully Tanya described every phase in the life.. whether it's love, family, seasons, survival & heartbreak. I have bookmarked some poems for myself coz somehow they suits me so well.

Great book.
Amy Osborne
Jul 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a beautifully written collection of poems that talk about love, loss, struggle, nature, family and self. There will be words in this book that speak to each and every one of you! I found it so lovely being able to dip in and out of this book and read a poem depending on the situation. Thank you Tanya Mills for your wonderful words. You have captured life perfectly in these poems.
Grisel
Aug 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book helped me realize (once again) that I really enjoy reading poetry! It was refreshing and well written and I could feel how every word was wrapped in passion.
Good job Tanya Mills!

PS: Island was my favorite, definitely.

~ Thank you Booktasters and Tanya Mills for the chance to read and review this book. ~
Zainab
Aug 25, 2020 added it
Unbroken is a book of poetry which talks deep about our daily lives, our journeys and how we pass through them without letting them break us. It encompasses 6 themes of Love,loss, struggle, nature, family and self. Under each theme are lots of poems which expands on the experiences and feelings of the theme . There are 125 peoms in total and the more you read them the more you'd want more. ...more
Lee Yo
Jul 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
I'd like to thank book tasters and the author for giving me this nice chance to read this awesome book,i love poetry so this book is good for me, i can feel the emotions of the author, the poems are well constructed, it's full of expressions and feelings, truly enjoyed it and i will read it again. ...more
Joneisha
Jun 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book really resonated with me. When I read it, I can feel the emotions of the author jumping off the pages. The poems are beautifully constructed and unique in their own way. Would definitely recommend! Great read!
Poetrywrecks
Jun 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I greatly enjoyed this debut poetry collection. There's a broad variety of themes and tones contained within, and all of her poems have the feeling of being drawn from her lived experiences. I highly recommend it and look forward to anything she publishes in the future. ...more
Sapna
Jun 30, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: poem
overall- 3.7/5
In today's trend of short poetry, this is one more book to the club. It basically deals with struggle theme through 6 sections of- love, loss, struggle, nature, family, and self.

While some poems were quite good like-Rain, Sunrise, Monalisa; most were ok and poorly organised. Section-wise I liked nature and struggle(4.5/5) most. The section of love and loss was not that admirable.
Shobanam Batumalai
Jul 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Indeed this can be called a handbook of poetry for every scenario in life. Truly enjoyed it and still re-reading this. Just wondering why Tanya Mills would entitle this book as "Unbroken". ...more
Mohd Hassan
Jun 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
The book gives a summary of a normal life journey through poems divided into sections, full of expressions and feelings. The book has a problem where the poems are not in the best order(out of rhythm sometimes)and the titles are very basic/not attractive. The sections I liked are love, loss and my favorite section is 'self' as I can relate to most of the poems in these sections. The other sections are pretty good but I couldn't relate to them, except nature's section that didn't add anything to ...more
Mark Saulnier
Jun 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a great read enjoying it and the moment really insightful and great poems weather u are avid reader or casual reader u find enjoyment and it makes a great gift for loved ones family members and friends
U will not be disappointed in this purchase it's a highly recommended
Simranjeet Kaur
An amazing compilation of short poems by Tanya Mills.
The title 'Unbroken' very well depicts the chain of poems one after the other, each one of them touching mind and soul. Every poem written is unique in itself, that just set onto your nerves. Each and every word describing life and circumstances.
Appreciations!!

• The Holistic Manifesto: Centre-Left Policies for the Twenty-First Century
  • Perkins
  • The Accidental Beauty Queen
  • Sunshine and Whiskey
  • Party of Two (The Wedding Date, #5)
  • Women Who Want More: How to Create a Balanced and Fulfilled Life
  • The Hunt
  • Abuse of Power
  • When Rivals Fall (Bayshore Rivals #1)
  • Playing with Fire
  • Rebel Heir (Rush Duet, #1)
  • Planet of the Creeps
  • Psychic Sight (Revelation 2020 #1)
  • The Dyslexia Code: There Is No More Compassion - Do It!
  • Love and Other Words
  • A Sweet Mess
  • The Burden of Darkness (The Marcie Kane Thriller Collection, #5)
I am a self-published author who has recently released a book of poetry called Unbroken. I like many genres of books, but I must say my favorite is Canadian fiction. I live in the Greater Toronto Area with my husband Adam. Please feel free to ask me any questions you may have.

News & Interviews