Start by marking “Calico Descending (Juniper Unraveling, #2)” as Want to Read:
Calico Descending (Juniper Unraveling, #2)

Calico Descending

(Juniper Unraveling #2)

Sequel to Juniper Unraveling.

I was fourteen when I was sold to the men in black uniforms. Too young to understand I served a purpose beyond that of the other girls they’d taken.

For the greater good.

Now, after four years in Calico, I’ve seen more death and suffering than during my days of surviving out in the Deadlands against the threat of Ragers and famine. I didn’t t
Published October 29th 2019

Start your review of Calico Descending (Juniper Unraveling, #2)
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
5 STARS

He is pain and agony wrapped in fire, but his lips are sheer bliss.
He’s the flame that burns inside of me, the single spark that ignites my soul.

I simply cannot describe to you the sheer brilliance that is this book. It's not your run of the mill romance, it's so much beyond that. It's a gripping and vivid tale of pain and survival in a brutal world the likes of which only the evil genius mind of Keri Lake can create. Think Resident Evil meets romance.

Keri Lake created a dange
Jen
**** 4.5 Stars!!!!****

I love a dark, gruesome dystopian story, and the second book in this series delivered plenty of gore and despair. If you are looking for a flowery romance, you will not find it here. There is love that develops during the pain, devastation, and torture that our beloved characters endure. The thing is though, this story isn’t pretty and it turned my stomach more than once... but that made the glimpse of passion and love even more cherished when I finally got to witness it ha
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
thumbnail_Now Available Hardcover Image

thumbnail_Calico - Now Available Promo 2

Wow!!! mind blown completely if the first book managed to completely bowl me over this one blew me away with its sheer brilliance.
Calico Descending is book two in the series and it can technically be read as a stand-alone read as though it is set in the same world as its predecessor it involves a completely different set of characters, Saying that this series is just so good you most definitely want to read them all.
This is book one in a two-parter, I believe this concludes in December and I for
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
Honestly, I wasn't going to read this book. I was pretty satisfied with the happy for now ending I got for Wren and Six and when I found out this book wasn't even about them, I didn't see the point. But then I realized that I wasn't quite done learning about this messed up world that Keri Lake created. For a woman who avoids everything remotely scary, for some reason, I can't look away from this series. I'm truly hooked and so I took the dive back in and learned what I could about these new char ...more
Lo Bookfrantic
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing

4.5★★★★Stars

Genre:  Romance Dystopian
Type:  Book 2 of 4 from Juniper Unraveling series
POV:  First Person – Female

"Paradise is an illusion in our world, a mirage, one in which only fools and the truly delirious trust."

Calico Descending takes place in the Juniper Unraveling world; we meet Calithea who at only fourteen years old has seen death and nothing really surprises her.  When she lost her mother she knew she had to be strong for her and h
warhawke
Genre: Dystopian Romance
Type: Book 1 of 3 from Juniper Unraveling series
POV: First Person - Female
Rating:

All her life, Calithea only knew a world where everything was volatile. Being a subject in the Alpha project at Calico means a minor privilege but still won’t save her from Valdys, one of the most dangerous Alphas in the facility. With his questionable humanity, she must find a way to survive or become just another casualty of the broken world they lived in.

I read Juniper Unraveling (book 1)
CC
4.25 Stars

Set in the same dystopian world in Juniper Unraveling, the storyline continues a few years later where hives are still being raided and the unsuspecting are introduced to a tortuous life at Calico Hospital, all to find a cure against the Dredge contagion. At 14 years old, Calithea is captured and learns her new role at Calico. As years pass, she endures painful experiments, but she makes a connection with her Champion, Valdys.

“He is pain and agony wrapped in fire, but his hands and
✰ Liz ✰
★4.5★
"His chest rises and falls, while he sleeps beside me, like a warrior resting after war."
description

Calico Descending is the second book in the Juniper Unraveling Series. As always, Keri Lake has delivered a captivating story full of passion, intrigue, and non-stop action! Calithea, our heroine, has witnessed terrors and heartbreak her entire life. Held captive by the clinic where the search for the cure continues, Calithea is introduced to three powerful Alphas. Valdys, a powerful Alpha, and Cali
Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-»
RATING: 4.5 'My Alpha' HEARTS!

Calico Descending is—in true Keri Lake fashion—dark, heartbreaking, and a journey of trials and tribulations for its characters, yet it is also full of beautiful hope that blossoms into a semaphore of love flourishing in spite of a cruel world.

“He’s the flame that burns inside of me, the single spark that ignites my soul.”

Both Cali and Valdys are exemplar of human nature, two souls who come together in a time of loss, pain and turmoil to present an ins
Betül
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
**ARC provided in exchange for an honest review**
description

- 4.5 stars -

Calico Descending is the sequel to one of my favorite reads of 2017: Juniper Unraveling. That stand-alone didn’t feel completely finished so I’m happy that Keri decided to dive into this dark dystopian/post-apocalyptic world again. Keri doesn't hold back and really does a phenomenal job in creating another dark and gritty story. I love that it is unpredictable and really anything can happen at any time. Like the previous book this one
❤️Emma Book Lover ❤️
3.5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Back at Calico, we get to learn about the things that happen there from the inside. Cali is in the Alpha program. She has been experimented on for 4 years in order to make her prime and to bind her to 3 Aplhas: Valdys, Titus and Cadmus. She chooses Valdys. They fell in love despite all the terror and pain around them. They found solace in eachother in a very dark place.

Did I loved this one as much as the first book? well no. I didn't believe in this couple as much as I did with Wren and
Deborah
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Re-read 8th - 9th October 2020.

Juniper Unraveling was an amazing and unforgettable book. Despite taking me well outside my comfort zone I found I loved it.

This book is more of the same. Yes it’s dark and disturbing. And once again my comfort zone was a mere speck in my rear view mirror. But I couldn’t get enough.

Calithea and her sister Bryani are captured and taken to Calico. In Juniper (which definitely has to be read first) only boys were taken. All girls were killed. This always seemed an inc
Pam Godwin
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So much pain, loss, inspiration, and perseverance in these pages. I'm so invested in this gruesome world and the characters who bring it to life. The writing is imaginative, provocative, sensual, and magical. I highly recommend this series. ...more
Leigh
Oct 16, 2019 rated it really liked it

Calico Descending takes us once again into a dark, depressing and dangerous world. Those in charge are experimenting with human lives and I find myself thinking yet again that death is the route I would rather travel but then Keri shows us a small flicker of life and I think that's why humans have the instinct to live. The ending broke my heart but the wait is short and the conclusion Kings of Carrion will be released soon.

***ARC Provided by Author***
Mimiorphee
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, 2019
Calico Descending was totally what I needed to get out of my head. Being immersed into the Calico world isn't really a walk in the park but the journey is so worth it!!! With this second opus (after Juniper Unraveling two years ago), I loved going back to Keri Lake's dystopian universe.

The atmosphere, dark and gritty, surrounds the reader right away. Simply put, Calico is such a powerful component of the story, that it could be a character on its own.

Infected by the Dredge, a disease that rende
Bee
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars
5 STARS

My goodness SHE DID IT AGAIN.

I lapped this book up in under 24 hours and enjoyed every single bit. Like in the first book, Keri does not spare words when it comes to this gruesome world and everything that happens in it. She keeps it true like a real champ and I can never convey how much I admire that.

Keri’s heroines are quickly becoming my absolute favorites. Just like Wren, Calithea is a strong lady who is ready to risk it all for her love. I’m truly touched by the way hers and Valdys’s
Bookgasms Book Blog
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ratula
I absolutely love Keri Lake's words. She has such a phenomenal way of telling a story that you feel as if you are amidst the dark and gritty worlds she builds. I legit died for Juniper Unraveling as the story was so raw and powerful and filled with the dark dystopian edge that I love. For that reason Calico Descending was the absolute perfect follow up book in this world. This story was so raw, gritty and vivid. I was overcome with despair for Cali but could not be more in awe of her determinati ...more
Timitra
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Calico Descending is brutal. The violence within or anything for that matter is not sugarcoated in any way, shape or form. I shouldn't admit how much I loved it but I did, I loved it quite a lot. It had me completely invested from the very beginning. I practically devoured it in one sitting and cannot wait for the conclusion to this story. I highly recommend to those who love fucked up dark romance with a side of gory scenes.

Copy provided by author
FMABookReviews
❝Life gave him those scars, but for some strange reason, I suddenly want to be the one who heals them. I want to crawl inside his darkness and illuminate the parts that have never felt the warmth of the light.❞

WOW! This is one of those books I couldn't stop thinking about since the very first time I heard it was going to be written!! I simply love this world!

When I finished Juniper Unraveling in 2017, I was riding a book high. I named it  my favorite read of 2017.  So when Keri Lake announ
Birjis
4.5 stars!

The timeline of this book runs along with Juniper Unraveling but where Juniper Unraveling shows the world outside Calico, Calico Descending shows what goes inside.

Calithea was sold to the Calico when she was fourteen years beginning the obvious suffering until turned eighteen she learns of her purpose. Valdys an Alpha who choses (gets forcedly manipulated) to Champion Calithea. Juniper Unraveling says little about Alphas but is specific to point out that the Alphas were the most unfeel
Courtney
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
After falling into a slight book funk - this one has awaken my book love again!!!

O.M.G. Holy shit - I cannot get enough of this series. Hot damn, Keri!!

Calico Descending is the sequel to Juniper Unraveling. You MUST read Juniper Unraveling in order to fully understand this post apocalyptic, dystopian world. While Calico Descending focuses on a whole new set of characters, Juniper Unraveling gives you all the details and world building that you need to fully grasp this book.

Keri really knows how
Naomi
Amazing. Mind blown. Keri never disappoints.
Aila
May 15, 2020 rated it did not like it
*RETCH*

Okay... and this is where I hop off this train.

This review is going to be more of a story about my experience with this series, okay? This is after reading books 1 and 2, and skimming parts of book 3 (which, thank GOD I did or I would have wasted so much time of my life). These five star reviews on GR are so misleading. The Juniper Unraveling series is kinky times disguised under sci-fi themes. Like, deadass erotica. All everyone thinks about in this book is sex.

At first I could handle it
CourtRocks'
Di Covey/TwistedBookReviews
Sep 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
A dark dystopian romance filled with non-stop action and preservance! This story will have you uncomfortable and needy for more. A mix of Residential Evil with a dash of Gladiator.

“Give a man a weapon, and he may kill for you. Give him purpose, and he’ll kill without question.”

Juniper Unraveling was a mind-twister! This is the second book, which I believe coincides with the first book, yet features a different couple. This world is dark, unrelenting, unpredictable. The characters are tormen
We Like them Dark Book Blog
This is the first book I have EVER read like this. I’ve read the hunger games-which is something I’d maybe categorize this book with, but I’m being serious when I say this book was hands down so much better than anything that could have been created in the ever popular hunger games. This needs to be picked up for a movie-it’s dark, it’s gritty, it often made my skin crawl, but I can say with all certainty that Keri Lake is an absolute evil genius.
I couldn’t put this book down-I absolutely devour
Beneath The Covers Blog
Oct 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, sonal, 2019-reads
Full review can be found HERE --> https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

*ARC provided for a voluntary honest review.* ~Sonal
Jean
Jan 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While I expected to get more Wren and Six from Juniper Unraveling, this book took a different turn and we are introduced to Cali and Valdys.

Both of them are stuck in the hospital/labs being used in these crazy experiments in this crazy post apocalyptic world. I'm talking some crazy shit people!

So much anxiety, fear, heartbreak, desperation, and with little to no hope of ever seeing the outside world again.

But then, a plan is formulated and an escape looks possible.

Wow, this story is quite intr
Izy
Oct 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rating ~ 3.75 stars

Calico descending takes us back to the dark, dangerous and the dystopian world where zombies, human’s infected with viruses might not be the most dangerous and evil creatures out there, it might be the humans that seem to take joy in making other humans suffer in the Calico all name of finding the cure. This time around, the story revolves around Calithea and Valdys , the prisoners in the Calico.

Calithea has been in Calico for the last four years, suffering and in pain as pa
Andrea Thompson
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is book 2 in the series, and while it could be a stand-alone, many things won't make sense and you won't get the full context of this world or the characters unless you start with book 1, Juniper Unraveling.

I HIGHLY recommend you read this series.

I found it by accident and oh. MAN. This fed my dark little dystopian loving heart SO MUCH. This world is hideous and painful and just so hopeless in so many ways. Do not get overly attached to characters if you can help it. You will hate many thi
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• A King So Cold
  • The Contortionist (Harrow Faire, #1)
  • The Puppeteer (Harrow Faire, #2)
  • Interstellar Human Petting Zoo (Possessive Aliens, #2)
  • Beauty and the Badge (Charlotte's Cove #1)
  • The Lineup
  • Noble Savages Box Set
  • Speechless
  • The Clown (Harrow Faire, #3)
  • White Knight (Dirty Mafia Duet Book 2)
  • Landon & Shay: Part Two (L&S Duet, #2)
  • Wicked Lies Boys Tell
  • Famine (The Four Horsemen, #3)
  • Dangerous Games (Dangerous Beauty, #3)
  • The Ringmaster (Harrow Faire #4)
  • Moti on the Water
  • Insatiable (Cloverleigh Farms, #3)
  • Raphael (Deadly Virtues, #1)
Author of dark romance who specializes in demon wrangling, vengeance dealing and wicked twists.

I love connecting with readers, so feel free to join my reading group: http://bit.ly/2lWjOFg

Juniper Unraveling (4 books)
  • Juniper Unraveling (Juniper Unraveling, #1)
  • Kings of Carrion (Juniper Unraveling, #3)
  • God of Monsters (Juniper Unraveling #4)