Start by marking “Bad Boys Don't Make Good Boyfriends (Life Lessons #2)” as Want to Read:
Bad Boys Don't Make Good Boyfriends (Life Lessons #2)

Bad Boys Don't Make Good Boyfriends

(Life Lessons #2)

From award-winning and international best-selling author Melanie A. Smith comes the second book in a new series of steamy contemporary medical romance standalone novels about life lessons that break all the rules.

Even when you know better, sometimes it’s simply too tempting…

Published May 19th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Bad Boys Don't Make Good Boyfriends, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bad Boys Don't Make Good Boyfriends

Start your review of Bad Boys Don't Make Good Boyfriends (Life Lessons #2)
Nikki J Summers
Apr 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Melanie, you blew me away with this one. I loved Becca. That girl stole my heart. She was feisty & funny with a heart of pure gold. As for Vincent, he had me swooning all over the damn place. I loved the connection they had, all the pushes & pulls. I have to say, the last 20% had me all torn up (in a good way). Such a good twist & a fabulous ending. Can I request a Becca & Vincent novella? I need to know what their new life is like after that ending.
Eliza
Apr 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-reads

Thank you NetGalley for my first ARC in exchange for an honest review!

It was such a fun experience to read this book because not only is the romance steamy, it was fast paced too. This book is about Becca Dillon who’s been crushing on one of her co-workers in the healthcare sector. But she doesn’t go after him, not only because of the false rumours that he has a girlfriend, but because she stereotyped him as a bad boy. And bad boys don’t make good boyfriends. This was a really short rea
Athena D.
May 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 5 STARS

I loved reading Becca's story, especially after being introduced to her character in Never Date A Doctor. She still lacks a filter and is still lovable with her loudmouthed ways. Enter bad boy hottie, Vincent, with his quiet broodiness and throw in some unexpected gossip-worthy drama and this story is an EPIC read. Their interactions are hot and cold, but when it's hot, it's absolutely scorching. Opposites truly do attract.

Bad Boys Don’t Make Good Boyfriends is an EPIC read a
Pelusa Rivera
Jun 19, 2020 rated it liked it
This is the series which I was unaware of until I started reading, they keep mentioning Lacey and as you continue to read you ca n tell she is not a nice person. I was ok with Vincent he just as to get cojones like Becca said. He give a comment then act like they don't know each. The hospital staff is like a high school with the way they acted and apparently a bunch of back stabbers. Becka would give in immediately, and I get that due to previous relationship they didn't end well and her parents ...more
Lindsey Powell
Apr 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The title of this book... read it again, and don’t be fooled. Bad Boys Don’t Make Good Boyfriends, this book proves that isn’t the case...

Vincent. Oh Vincent... the bad boy that every girl dreams about. But is he really bad?
When reading this story, I knew that all wasn’t as it seemed with Vincent. I could feel it because the author makes sure that you are right there with her words, feeling EVERYTHING.
Vincent is the best type of brooding man, and underneath all that brooding there is a gooey c
Cassidy (cassidyreads)
May 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in the Life Lessons series and Melanie A Smith didn't dissapoint! This Follows the bad boy Vincent and the sassy as always Becca, who was introduced in book 1. Vincent and Becca make one of the best duos and couples. Vincent is the type of guy that tries to show off a hard exterior but has the heartwarming interior, he just makes the perfect combo! Becca is the literally amazing, I love her fiery personality, strong attitude, stubborn at moments and her amazing friendship ...more
Thuy Taylor
May 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
We met Becca in "Never Date a Doctor" and she was a hoot. I wanted to see who she would end up with, because she seemed like the type of character that was hiding her true self from everyone. Sarcasm, no one gets to me kinda attitude. She is a devoted character to her closest friends. Once you get her trust, you're her people.

There are rumors swirling around the hospital staff about Vincent Dimarco, the new staff member. He has bad boy written all over him. She never really thought about falling
Erin Knuth
Apr 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"I wanted to make him mine. But I didn't consider how much I wanted to be his."

This is the most romantic of Smith's books so far. That doesn't mean it's not steamy (wowza) or that it's lacking in (felonious!) girl drama or fierce friendships (I want in that #girlgang.)

Vincent is gold, wrapped in muscles and and tats. Becca is scared, but hides it with sex and sass. Inside, they both have so much to give. I felt so many gut clenches from the words and connection and fire they share. It's a quick
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Though Becca may be crushing a tad bit on Vincent, she knows better than to let him know because she's not down with bad boys. But is Vincent really as she judges him to be?

Somehow, someway the two embark upon something that neither was expecting, and it's looking like there's real happiness in the future for them. But Vincent is hiding something significant, and not only does it have to the power to change everything, but the very fact that he's hiding it could spell the end for their relat
Cassie Faber
May 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have read all of Melanie’s books and I loved all of them, but this one is my favorite!

I want a friend like Becca, she’s kind and caring but don’t take #*! Vincent is the ultimate bad boy with layers, oh so many layers and how I enjoyed discovering each one. Becca and Vincent are perfectly imperfect and I loved it!

My favorite line from the book “I knew from the start he had ‘bad boy’ written all over him. But that’s just a label. And you fall for a person, not a type.”

Like with all Melanie’s b
Rachel
May 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, I ended up reading it in one sitting. Melanie Smith did not disappoint with the second book from The Life Lessons Series.

Becca was introduced to us in Never Date a Doctor, but this book is all about her. We get to follow along on her journey as she navigates her feelings for the new guy Vincent. Emotions she was not prepared for.

I loved everything about this book. I loved the connection Becca and Vincent had. I loved the amazing writing, that brought me on the emotional roller
Shauna McDonnell
Apr 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Apr 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Smith honestly does so much to keep me guessing. Usually I can predict certain elements of a story, but Smith has a tendency to keep me on my toes. Although the mystery in this book isn't as intense and suspenseful as the ones in her Safeguarded Heart series, the end was something I didn't see coming. Oh I had my theories, but none of them came close to the final reveal.

But the mystery is only a small por
Luz Acevedo
May 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
And she does it again... this is now my absolute favorite book by Melanie. This story was fast paced and kept me intrigued the whole time. I love Vincent’s character and how swoony he is. This story had love, humor, angst and serious heat that radiates from the pages.... love love love this story.
Kari Hansen
May 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Becca is a woman who works hard at her career as a medical assistant but when it comes to her personal life she prefers casual relationships and minimal complications. She has been attracted to Vincent, her co-worker, she decides that a fling could be fun but what happens if a fling is not enough?

Vincent is an orderly at the hospital and he is quite happy to embark on a no strings relationship with Becca. He is a man with a lot of secrets, and he is determined to ensure that they remain that way
Janine Caroline
May 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love Smith’s books and knew from the first few pages I was going to swallow this one up. The story is so easy to slip into - you get steam, buckets of drama and well developed, relatable characters. Becca is strong, fun and feisty, Vincent is mysterious and sexy, and of course, their chemistry is on fire. As if the build up to their relationship isn’t enough, there are many surprises to keep you turning the pages. I’m loving these stand alone books in the Life Lessons series.
Debbie Nina Boc
Jul 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
love the storyline of the book. wish there's an epilogue to the book :) ...more
Louise - romance.movies.and.books
Once again Melanie A Smith did not disappoint. This book takes hold of you as the characters try and work on their emotions. Becca is a strong women but this bad boy is her kryptonite. The chemistry between Becca and Vincent is perfect. The drama - I did not see that coming. I'm not normally a fan of bad boy books but this book was a five star read for me as I could not put this book down. I cannot wait to see who the next story is about. Loved it!

I was given a ARC of this book.
Bookslover09
Apr 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Bad boys don’t make good boyfriends is a hell of a title for an outstanding book. I loved Vincent’s attitude and just how alluring his personality was. Becca was a great character. I loved how she could be sassy and sexy and not put up with the bs that’s handed to her. Their dynamic is interesting to read, they seem to feed off one another’s energy and thrive being near each other. Melanie A. Smith doesn’t disappoint with this novel. It’s got everything I could want in a romance story; the great ...more
SELINA
Bad Boys Don’t Make Good Boyfriends by Melaine A Smith (2020/05/04)
Rating 3/5 Stars
Disclaimer: I received an eARC from the author.
This is the second book in Melanie A. Smith's contemporary medical romance series. This book can be read as a standalone though I do suggest reading the first book. I loved this book so much more than the 1st book. This story is about Becca who is a medical assistant in a hospital who has been crushing on one of her co-workers in the medical section. Unfortunately the
Mariah.readss
“I see you. All of you. It’s what made me fall for you. Don’t ever forget that. “ 💕

BAD BOYS DON’T MAKE GOOD BOYFRIENDS by Melanie A. Smith ❤️

I’m a BIG FAN of Grey’s Anatomy like I’ve watched the whole series 2 times! 😂 This book gave me Grey’s Anatomy VIBES and I LOVED that aspect of it! It was fun reading a story that is an different scenery than the usual books I read! I LOVED the medical/hospital scenery! 😍

It was a FUN and EASY read, I finished it in a seating and I ENJOYED it! 🙈🥰

I really lov
Becky
May 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary, arc
Reviewed on my blog, Becky on Books, on 5/12/2020.

I am loving this series!

Becca and Vincent's story was near-impossible to put down. Like the book before it ( Never Date a Doctor it's told in the first person from the heroine's POV--which, since the hero has some pretty major secrets for much of the book, is definitely a solid narrative choice. As much as I'd have liked to get a glimpse into Vincent's head, I'm actually glad I didn't know certain things about him until Becca did. Plus, maybe
Sapphyria
May 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Even when you know better, sometimes it’s simply too tempting…

Hospital work isn’t for the faint of heart. Becca Dillon knows that firsthand, having worked as a medical assistant in the cardiac unit at Rutherford Hospital for longer than she cares to think about. What she does care to think about is having fun, gossip, and … guys. Her favorite of the three. And why stick to one, when you can sample them all?

That’s exactly her plan when a workplace crush on a mysterious bad-boy orderly unexpectedl
Jen
May 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
I found this book quite enjoyable, even though I wasn't too sure at the beginning. It was the second in a the Life lessons series; and having not read the first volume, I worried about being lost as to what was going on. Although there did appear to be some backstory that were alluded to but that we weren't made privy to much here, there was nothing too confusing and the story just moved forward through current events.

I had a hard time relating to Becca at first, from her brash attitude to slee
Lilly Charysma
May 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was such a quick and relaxing read. If you are looking for an easy book, with a strong female character who knows exactly her value and won’t take crap from any man this is your book. There is mystery surrounding the male character as well that will be revealed in the end and that you will not see coming and lots of gossip.

Becca has not had such good male models growing up and this is why she is cataloguing new-comer Vincent DeMarco as a bad boy. But they work together and have the same cir
Andrea
May 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I had the honor of receiving an ARC for this book and holy mother trucker! I’ve read all of Melanie’s books, and Bad Boys Don’t Make Good Boyfriends is hands down my favorite of hers. I was already half in love with Becca from Never Date a Doctor. She doesn’t mince words. She has her friend’s back when push comes to shove. She owns her sexuality. And she’s just hilarious. But we get to see a whole other side to her in this book. She has this vulnerability that is real and endearing. I felt very ...more
Sharon
May 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Welcome to my review of my second Melanie A. Smith book.  The first being Never Date a Doctor which "starred" Sasha and Cal and introduced the sassy and sarcastic best friend, Becca Dillon.

Becca knows a bad boy when she sees one. His name is Vincent DeMarco. He's quiet, incredibly sexy, and totally confuses her.  I mean, the hot and cold stuff.  Come on.  Either he likes her, or he doesn't.  Becca's a casual sex kind of gal, but she sees something more in Vincent and she wants to take it slow to
Patty
Apr 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This book was a huge surprise. Not what I was expecting that is for sure. This book had such a deep and meaningful story that you don’t see that often.

Becca works at the hospital. The biggest place of gossip known to man. Where everyone knows everyone’s business. Sometimes it is like high school with all the drama that goes on. But when she gets involved with the new guy, the drama goes to a whole other level.

Vincent is new and tries to keep a low profile. But Becca just draws him in. He c
Victoria
May 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I found this one one NetGalley, the cover was an immediate win for me so I read the blurb and decided it was worth giving a shot. I’ve never read a book by this author before so I had to idea what to expect but I was definitely pleasantly surprised.

Becca and Vincent were great solid characters - I felt like I knew them. And the fact that this took place in my “home away from home” San Diego was a huge winner!

Becca is the friend that we all know and love - loyal, carefree, a chatterbox and lives
Oreoluwa
May 24, 2020 rated it liked it
“It is always ‘until,’ my dear. Until you value yourself. Until you find someone who values you. Until you stop letting your past dictate your future.”

Bad Boys Don’t Make Good Boyfriends is that light book you just wanna cuddle up with in your reading book when it is sunset.

It is the story of Becca Dillion from Never Date a Doctor by Melanie Smith and Vincent DeMarco. Becca is someone who on the surface is a ‘feel good’ girl but deep down, she wants more. In this book, we see Becca more than wha
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Fake It 'Til You Break It
  • Checkmate
  • Devious Lies (Cruel Crown, #1)
  • The Dare
  • Unwanted
  • The Red Zone
  • All the Little Lies (English Prep #1)
  • Renegade Hearts (Rebels of Sandland, #1)
  • The Billionaire Book Club
  • Prick (Ridgeview Prep, #0.5)
  • What's Left of Me
  • Never Trust a Rockstar (Never Trust, #1)
  • The Princess Bride
  • The Publicist (Hollywood Lust #1)
  • The Wrong Prince Charming
  • Number Neighbors
  • Hammer & Tongs (Chances Limited #1)
  • The Summer of Us (Mission Cove, #1)
Melanie A. Smith is an award-winning and international best-selling author of steamy contemporary romance fiction. Originally from upstate New York, she spent most of her childhood in the San Francisco Bay Area before moving to Los Angeles for college. After that, she spent almost fifteen years in the Seattle Area, and now lives in the Dallas-Fort Worth area of Texas with her family.

A voracious re

Life Lessons (3 books)
  • Never Date a Doctor (Life Lessons #1)
  • You Can't Buy Love (Life Lessons, #3)