Start by marking “Taken to Voraxia (Xiveri Mates #1)” as Want to Read:
Taken to Voraxia (Xiveri Mates #1)

Taken to Voraxia

(Xiveri Mates #1)

Miari
Here's what I know: aliens invade our colony every three years, hunt and claim the most beautiful of our women, then leave. Here's what I don't know: why the king of them is here this time, and why his black, glittering eyes are trained on me.

A hybrid with red alien skin and brown human eyes, I'm not pretty. I've got no family and no plans to ever have one – least of
Published April 8th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Taken to Voraxia, please sign up.
Elizabeth Stephens Her book is out now, so no more waiting! And the honest answer? Well, there are a couple of them:

- As an author, I need pallet cleansers when I stay …more

- As an author, I need pallet cleansers when I stay in the same world for too long
- Sometimes fits of inspiration come and shake me and refuse to let go until I give in
- I fall in love with other characters hard and have to give them voice or I go insane
- The Xiveri Mates universe follows 3 different satellites full of humans and their trajectories across the quadrants (*spoiler alert* there's actually a secret 4th satellite that's going to come up quite soon!) so I like to mix it up instead of telling a story totally linearly
- As a reader, I tend to get bored reading series past book 3, so I hoped to reduce that likelihood with you wonderful readers of my books by creating tangents to the primary story.

Hope this answers your question and that you got what you wanted out of Svera's book, which came out in January :) (less)

Start your review of Taken to Voraxia (Xiveri Mates #1)
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
Untitled design-High-Quality
My Review

This is the second book by this author I’ve read and again got to say the world-building here is absolutely phenomenal.
I actually started this series backwards reading book three first which is set in the same universe but is also a complete standalone that book blew me away and this one definitely didn’t disappoint either.
Book three did have a slight edge for me in terms of my overall enjoyment but this first book came a very close second to it.
The vivid descriptions and the way this enveloped
Mahima
Apr 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs-for-reviews
**ARC received in exchange of an honest review**
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
OMG!!OMG!!
What a fabulous read. I totally love the world Elizabeth has created in this first book of the whole series. I am completely smitten with the Raku and his tactics. All the good characters who have been introduced in this book are very well described.
Plotting is great. I was practically flowing in the galaxy with them❤️
Voraxia is a place which is beyond the scope of human lives but somehow our heroine has managed to reach there....ho
Laura Elizabeth
Yinz all know I love my smutty sci fi. I’ve been looking for another Ruby Dixon -esque type series. I wanted to love this one. Starting out I see a glossary for a new alien language ( very Kristen Ashley Golden Dynasty vibe right off) This story then starts out like many sci fi tropes with a hunt, fated mate etc....... This hunt sounds like no fun at all for these women and this entire book these girls are threatened with rape. So trigger warning to those who can’t read this type of story. I was ...more
BAK
Jun 27, 2020 rated it did not like it
For starters this book has a ton of made up alien language in use. The A provides a how to pronounce it glossary, but NO definitions. Most were able to be figured out their meaning fairly easy, but it made for a choppy reading experience. Wait, how do you even pronounce this? What does it mean? And they were so common.
And NO one could go by there given name. Uh, what? Yeah, so apparently their name given to them by their parents are their "slave" name. But then as adults everyone is called the
Julia971
Mar 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of Taken to Voraxia in exchange for my honest review.

Taken to Voraxia tells the love story of Miari: a woman (half breed to be precise), and her alien mate, Xoran. The story is voiced by Miari and Xoran.

The good:
Miari is a smart girl, a loyal friend and a unique character, as she is the only half breed who survived birth. There is no nonsense with her, she speaks her truth and fights for what is right. It felt just good to root for her.

The better
It seems pretty straightforwa
Julie - One Book More
Apr 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi-romance

Taken to Voraxia is the first book in the Xiveri Mates series. Miari is a hybrid. Half-human and half-alien, she is only one of two hybrids in her colony. Miari, along with all the other humans, fears the Voraxians and their brutal ways, as they should.

So when Raku, the leader of the Voraxians, claims that Miari is his Xiveri mate, she is horrified. She pictures a life of slavery, violation, and abuse. Miari knows nothing of Raku or Voraxia save for the te
Izzie d
May 28, 2020 rated it liked it
Interesting read.
Massive cultural differences that lead to misunderstandings.
Huge breadcrumbs dropped for future books in series.
No intimate scenes other than the Hero and heroine.
HEA.
Laz the Sailor
Sep 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a very good story that rises above the "Mars needs women" trope. The opening gambit is clever where the hero is unaware of the ugly situation, and quickly works to correct it. Yes, there is biological insta-lust and cultural errors, but they are managed to everyone's benefit. The love story builds slowly, where the lust drive is acknowledged long before the emotional component is developed.

Since this is a series, the seeds of the coming stories are well planted. And this H and h are bot
SA Krishnan
Sep 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Very interesting science fiction romance

Essentially the story is about the meeting of two different cultures – the hybrids and the Voraxians. The hybrids are rare and they are a mix of humans and aliens. Miari fears the Voarxians and her fear is not completely misplaced.
But then Raku, the king of the Varoxians is not like the other people of his species and he finds his mate in Miari. He takes Miari to his own planet in an attempt to explain to her the life of the Voraxians and getting her to ac
Michelle Claypot_Reads
Apr 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I grabbed this book when it was recommended by a friend. So glad I did!

I absolutely devoured this story. Packed with action, wit, chemistry and a surprising amount of emotion. It’s a fantastically intricate storyline with Beau world building. I was so sad when it ended and can’t wait for more from this author.
eevee
Miari is one of only 2 half-breeds on her planet. She is the result of a forced encounter between human women and the alien race who subjugated them in an event called the Hunt. One day, the alien leader Raku shows up to the Hunt and is determined to claim Miari because they are mates. However, he soon realizes that humankind has been reduced to little more than slaves. Raku must convince Miari that what his people have done to hers will no longer occur especially as she rules by his side.

I lik
April
May 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
There were some editing issues but nothing too distracting. Fans of Ruby Dixon would enjoy this book. I certainly enjoyed it and am looking forward to book 2 when it comes out.
Holly Marie
Apr 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“Taken to Voraxia” is brilliant no amazingly descriptive! This is not like any other books, I’ve personally come a crossed, or read. The book pulled me in right away, and I could not put it down. This book takes you on a journey to another planet with amazing detailed world building in anothe galaxy, where interracial Sci-Fi romance that is completely uniquely well written! This is no ordinary book. Be prepared to fall in love with the book and wanting more. I looked forward to reading book 2, a ...more
Mehak
Sep 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
ok, ill admit, it was smutty. not quite what im looking for, but i know people like it and im capable of skimming.

HOWEVER, it was so diverse! in a sci fi setting! thats an automatic mINIMUM of two stars. the writing is solid, i likey.
THERE'S EVEN A HIJABI, AND SHE'S SMART AND STRONG AND HAS A PERSONALITY AND SHE DOESN'T TAKE OFF HER SCARF BC SHE FALLS IN LOVE WITH A WHITE BOY!

faith is important to lots of different people and i like seeing it acknowledged and represented accurately and in a hea
Tree Abbott
Sep 10, 2020 rated it liked it
I may finish this book someday. So far the story goes like this:

Rich royal alien male: poor, mistreated barely legal age alien woman. It's destiny

"I want him to stop. I want him to keep going."

At least there are blessedly few typos.
Icu2qtpi
Jun 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Not Just Another Blue Guy

Finally! An Alien Romance with real alien worlds and real alien characters. Not just males of different colors. This story had aliens, hybrids, and hybrids. Along with all the real cultural and spiritual misunderstandings that come with different species when they come together. Especially when you find the one person in the universe fate has chosen for you. Loved the book and loved the writing style of this '"new to me author'", Elizabeth Stephens.
Lily
Apr 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Highly recommend!

This author is amazing with everything she writes. Very talented and versatile. I have read her mafia series and I thought, “what the heck I’ll give aliens a try.” This is not my normal genre but I did love it so much and now I’ll be needing the rest of the series asap!
Willie Pugh
Jun 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It was 400 pages of delight. Let me share some of my reasons. The Characters and their motivations were easy to identify with and their motives were clear, although necessarily obscured at points to advance the story. Because the story revolves around Miari and Raku, there was a lot to like in each of them. Stephens writes with a subtle understanding of feminine motivations. I found this very intriguing because so often the complexities of the feminine motive are buried by eit ...more
Nessa
Apr 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
A SOLID 4.5 STARS!

THIS STARTED OFF LIKE ANY TRASHY ALIEN ROMANCE NOVEL, BUT BOY IT GOT GOOD. IT'S HARD TO FIND AN ALIEN SCI-FI ROMANCE WITH SUBSTANTIAL CONTENT. MOST OF THE TIME IT'S JUST INSTA-LOVE AND SMUT.

WORRY NOT, THIS ONE WAS FANTASTIC!

XORAN is the Raku of his people, like a King if you will. When he's brought by his Bo'Raku down to a specific planet, he's shocked to find his father mate there, but unfortunately she's not legal enough for him to claim yet, so he stipulates that in one yea
Mary
That was awesome! I loved this book. It was fated mates, but only on his part. And their two cultures were so different. They had a LOT to get past before they could come together as a couple.

She’s part of a human settlement on a barren and dangerous planet, with very little resources and almost no technology. Decades ago, his people came to the planet and found the stranded humans there. They forced the settlement into a pact where the aliens would provide a dome/barrier to protect the humans
G
Apr 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
An interesting read, where both the main characters were aliens of a sort. Miari because she is a child of a human and Xiveri who caught her mother in a past hunt. When the leader of the Dra'Kesh finds out his lessers have been supplying the colony with excess power, his investigations leads him to a place where the majority of the people have no idea who he is, can't speak his language and are terrified of the hunts where their women are used appallingly without consent.

When the Raku ( Xoran) f
Lynda Mahon
Apr 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was asked to give an honest review of this book. Bearing in mind this is not my usual genre I thought let me give it a whirl. Was I in for a pleasant surprise.

This book had everything from the most terrible hunts with terrifying consequences to a love story that is so mystifying.

She is able to take you on this vivid journey of a far away planet and you believe you are there walking amongst the people as she describes the place. I'm a visual person and therefore appreciate the effort she has pu
Badoura Davids
A powerful, must read story of love and passion in the finest sci-fi tradition. I read the novel in two sittings.

The heroine Mairi, is a rough around the edges hybrid alien-human whose mother died giving birth, finds love with her captor, Raku. Their relationship develops from one of lust to love, a feeling Xoran doesn't know exists. On his planet people don't form family or friendship bonds. I utterly fell in with Raku not just for his strength, diplomatic skills, intellect, but also for his v
Katarzyna
Apr 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
*ARC in exchange for an honest review*

Let me start by saying it wasn't love after first page, not even after first chapter. But it's a book that grows on you.
The world build was beatiful and alien as they come. The Hero was my favourite character, Heroin was playing on my nerves for a moment there, when they were going from enemies to lovers, as the author described it, but she came through in the end.
Whole idea of this aliens and their world is what makes me anticipate next books in the series
Stephanie
Apr 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was given an ARC to review honestly.

I needed this and didn't even know it. Quarantine has been a little ruff, and this was a perfect little distraction.

Miari was perfect! Stephens did a great job making her not only believable, but empathetic. So often with these Mars Needs Women books, the female leads are 2-dimensional so that readers can put themselves in the character's place. Stephens made Miari have her own voice. I've wanted this of these style books for years, and to find one is rare
Dorothy Stephens
Apr 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This story between the Voraxian and the human was a ride into the depths of love. The differences of the alien vs human were just a backdrop. The real story was the love between these two beings. The author did an exceptional job of forging this love and bringing it to the surface for her readers. She was able to do so due to the details embedded in the book. Overall, there was a gentle tug-of-war between the characters that provided angst to the reader at certain times during the read, e.g., co ...more
Karen
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love love loved it.
How to describe this book without giving anything vital away is hard.
Miari is one of 2 Dra’Kesh human hybrids on her colony. On the day of the hunt the Voraxians come as they do once a rotation. Miari is in the crowd watching along with those not eligible for the hunt. Raku comes from the ship and feels her presence like a storm inside him. Miari’s friend Svera stops Miari from being taken but Raku promises to come back in 1 rotation for her.

1 rotation passes and wow what a
René Brinkman
Apr 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
While stuck at home on Lock-Down looking for something to read I came across an offer to receive a copy of Taken to Voraxia in exchange for my honest review so I though; "Why not try something new and different?"

I am very glad that I did because I really enjoyed the book. The settings gave my imagination enough guidance that I could almost see where Miari and Raku were interacting. The characters are multi dimensional with totally believable personalities. The story line is creative and goes be
Jillian Young
Apr 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic read! Elizabeth Stephens does not disappoint. This book was provided as an Arc, for my honest review. That's what you are going to get!

In a distant time, and a Universe that puts human kind on the bottom of the "being-chain", this book has it all. It has a strong female main character, and an equally strong, but vulnerable male lead. Transitioning between the two to get both perspectives.

It has action, and intrigue, with mystery galore. It is sexy, descriptive ;) and clever. I'
Yvonne
Apr 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Elizabeth Stephens has done is again. A new series so very different from her previous ones but one that still drew me in. She created an interesting world and strong unique characters that leave you wanting more. I have read a few SciFi Romance novels before and they all seemed the same. However, this was a new and interesting creation. I have read all of Elizabeth's books and this one does not disappoint. I can't wait for the next one and will be putting it on my reading list for sure. ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Create new series please 3 22 Apr 15, 2020 10:48AM
Goodreads Librari...: Please add book to my author page 3 13 Apr 07, 2020 03:21AM

• Heart's Prisoner (Dark World Mates #1)
  • Dark's Savior (Dark World Mates #2)
  • The Fixer (Professionals, #1)
  • Captured (Garrison Earth, #1)
  • Ajos (The Restitution #1)
  • Riv's Sanctuary (Riv’s Sanctuary, #1)
  • Classified Planet: Turongal (The Darvel Exploratory Systems, #1)
  • Beyond the Next Star (Love Beyond #1)
  • Spanning Worlds (Saving Askara #3)
  • Breaths of Desire (Seyton Mates #1)
  • Madness of the Horde King (Horde Kings of Dakkar #3)
  • Marked (Tribes #1)
  • Rexor (Stolen Warriors #1)
  • Go Ask Alice
  • Possessed (Raider Warlords of the Vandar, #1)
  • Battle Won (Space Warrior Adventures, #1)
  • Sirein
  • Chosen by the Rakian Commander (Rakian Warrior Mates #1)
See top shelves…
Tough heroines & possessive Alphas solve mysteries, fight epic battles, and fall in love in Elizabeth's diverse romance & SciFi novels.

Elizabeth Stephens has been living in a fantasy world since she was 11, and in 2015 finally translated her imagination to print! An author of romantic suspense and science fiction, she is a big fan of inclusion and her books always include kick ass ladies of color.

Xiveri Mates (5 books)
  • Taken to Nobu (Xiveri Mates #2)
  • Taken to Sasor (Xiveri Mates #3)
  • Taken to Heimo (Xiveri Mates #4)
  • Taken to Kor (Xiveri Mates #5)