Start by marking “Saved from the Cult” as Want to Read:
Saved from the Cult

Saved from the Cult

Dove dreams of the world outside the cult, but the big strong construction worker on the road scares her. Jake is an ex-convict with a hard life. He knows he cant have the pretty girl in the flowing white dress. The shy curiosity in her blue eyes drives him wild. But one touch could send him back to jail. Or worse.
Published March 18th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Saved from the Cult, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Saved from the Cult

Start your review of Saved from the Cult
Kayla Brunson
This was a decent first novella. We had insta love and the hard topic of cults and abuse in them. There some editing issues but it can be overlooked. Everything wrapped up nicely and Im interested in reading more from Winter James.

Blog | Instagram
Kari Hansen
Mar 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
After the death of her parents Dove was taken in by the House of Rapture and she tries to follow their teachings but one glance from Jake has her questioning everything.

Jake found himself in prison for trying to do the right thing and now that he is on parole, he doesnt want to do anything to jeopardize that. He is drawn to her and knows that he should just walk away but what happens if he cant?

Dove may be inexperienced, but she has a strength you wouldnt expect while Jake is a good man who will
Liz
Mar 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Saved from the Cult by Winter James was a quick and steamy read that was a bit angsty and a whole lot of sexiness. A sweet and innocent woman who has lived her entire life in a cult and the ex-con who is anything but innocent. But their attraction, connection and chemistry is instant and undeniable. Even so, Jake could not stop thinking or wanting Dove. Can he save her in time and actually keep her? Add in some secrets and lies and you have a quick read to get lost in.

Read and reviewed for
Kelly Foster
Mar 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great job on your first book! I thought is was really good. There were a few errors, but the plot kept me entertained and the characters were adorable. Keep up the good work. I look forward to the next one.
Kat
Mar 29, 2020 rated it liked it
To this moment, I still have no clue how I stand with this book. While I absolutely loved some parts of the novel, there were others that I cringed to.

First off, the romance in this book is so addicting, intense, and powerful. It's some of the most captivating I've read in a while.

Second, the plot twist in here was something that I was not expecting. It hit me like a train, and I was HERE FOR IT. It made me forget about some of the content and just binge all the way to the end. Which, this book
VivaVixen Virtuda
Mar 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
so much swoon and steam!

Wow! Loved this story! It was short but packs a swoon-worth steamy punch! LOVED, loved, LOOOOOVED the innocence of the heroine, that she belonged ONLY to the hero and HADNT spread her legs and let some loser slime between them (always a huge turn off in romance) as well as her pluckiness in going for her rough, broken alpha hero was uplifting. her spirit hadnt been broken by the abuse of the cult leader. And the hero was scrumptious, battle scarred from life, beaten down
HANNAH (Books, Films, and Tea)
Saved from the Cult by Winter James was a good insta-love romance between an ex-con and an innocent cult member. Dove is a member of the House of Rapture cult, and only goes outside to pick flowers. One day, she sees across the highway a rest stop under construction, and a worker who intrigues her. Jake is on parole having just gotten out of prison. He is working at the rest stop to reconstruct it when he sees Dove. There is an instant attraction between them, even though they know it
Navyda
This was pretty tame cult wise. Cult works are usually much darker, so this was refreshing. I wish this was longer. I wanted more backstory on Dove and Jake.

Dove was surprisingly not very brain-washed at all by the cult, which like I said, was refreshing.

Jake was a nice blend of nice guy and alpha fucker. I approve.

I really liked the writing style, and I find myself not having said that recently, so I feel it means something.

Can't wait to see more from Winter James.
Miranda
Mar 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Pretty much any book cult-related is an insta-read for me. I find them super interesting. Throw in romance? Sold! I totally loved this book. While there were a few typos and forgotten words, this is a great first book by the author!! Keep up the good work!
Nelida
Mar 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Very good first book. I like how you touch the cult portion without making it boring. Jake was just the perfect Alpha male. I like your writing technique and I really hope you can make it a series with Noah, Robin and Charlottes stories. ...more
Laterial
Mar 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
AmazIng!

Great story. I love the concept and the characters. I just wanted more of a resolved ending. It felt rushed or too easy. I wanted a little more from the H and h. But I must say the sex scenes were hot and amazing!
Camille
Mar 25, 2020 rated it liked it
There were definitely some editing issues but it was still decent. Very in line with Jessa Kane and Alexa Riley.
Winter
Mar 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars This was pretty good. It was darker than I was expecting. It had me really rooting for the mc's though.
Tamika
Mar 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing

This was a really well written book, full of heat full of love. Really enjoyed this book. New authors rock💫💫
Karoline
Mar 31, 2020
Katrina Todd
Mar 22, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• A Serving of Forever (Lights Camera Insta-love Book 3)
  • The Farmer's Daughter
  • A Dash Of Spice (Lights Camera Insta-Love #2)
  • Marco's Girl
  • Locking Her Down
  • His Sweetest Sin
  • Love in the Mix
  • A Pinch of Sugar (Lights Camera Insta-Love #1)
  • Love's Secret Baby
  • Belong to Me
  • Cozy
  • Killer Crush
  • His Outlaw Valentine
  • Return to Me
  • First Love
  • Fighting For Hope (Worth the Fight #1)
  • Pop-up Love