Start by marking “Taelstone (Stones of the Azuri Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Taelstone (Stones of the Azuri Book 1)

Taelstone (Stones of the Azuri Book 1)

** Bronze Medalist, Wishing Shelf Awards, 2020

Ash isn't the Chosen One — he isn’t even supposed to learn the Song. And he is certainly no hero - he’s just a kitchen slave. But when the Malshorne appears in Mildaresh, everything changes. First Ash gets caught up in the mysterious quest, then an awful series of events leaves him no choice but to act. He’s terrified, but he’
Published August 5th 2019 by Toutouwai Publications

To ask other readers questions about Taelstone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Taelstone

Start your review of Taelstone (Stones of the Azuri Book 1)
Liv Scott-Dinham
Absolutely loved it.
Prokop has built an immersive world filled with magic and peril that draws you in completely and ties you to Kep and Ash's reluctant quest.
This is a tale that is thrilling and completely enthralling.
Amy
Jun 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Prokop weaves a magical story of characters, drama, and scenery into a tale of adventure where the reader is constantly wondering where it will take you. Who is the actual hero? Is it Ash or is it Kep? Will their adventure change the world? Taelstone is one of those books that leave you wanting the next chapter.
Jordan-Rose
Jul 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Taelstone is full of adventure, mysteries, the unknown, and a really sense of friendship and trust. Ash is a key, Kep is a fugitive, both slaves who want to achieve a quest to find a lost city that disappeared thousands of years ago. With the help of Sarin, an outcast to his tribe, they could complete the quest.
Billy Buttons
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A WISHING SHELF BOOK REVIEW
17th October 2019
TITLE: TAELSTONE
AUTHOR: ROBYN PROKOP

Star Rating: 5

‘A fantastically exciting fantasy adventure teenagers will love!’ The Wishing Shelf

REVIEW
I’m a fantasy fan. I’m also a fan of YA novels. So, this epic fantasy is perfect for me. In a nutshell, Taelstone is the first book (of a trilogy possibly) set in Mildaresh (at the beginning anyway) and follows the ups and down of a kitchen slave named Ash and a girl named Kep. What follows is a fantastically exciti
Karen Boyes
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Taelstone is a funtastic adventure - I loved every minute of it! Articulately written, I found myself being absorbed by the characters, the wonderful descriptions and the plot. Each chapter provided excitement, suspense and I was compelled to keep on reading! Robyn has taken the essence from Lord of The Rings, Harry Potter and The Hunger Games and weaved it into an equally irresistible tale. I would recommend this book to anyone who loves the fantasy adventure genre.
Carol Rowson
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
You don't have to be a teenager to enjoy this book. As a lover of the fantasy genre, I was hooked from the start. A beautifully written book and as you turn the pages, the characters and landscape spring to life.
Erin Roughton
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved the mysteries and adventure in Taelstone, enjoyed getting to know Ash and Kep, and always looked forward to reading more about Tarlyn. There is a surprise in every chapter, the more I read the harder I found to stop reading. Taelstone flows well and I eagerly await Book 2, Heartstone.
Trudie Walter
Loved it. For a reader that doesn't usually read fantasy, I was hooked from the first chapter and couldn't put Taelstone down until I'd read to the last page. It left me eagerly awaiting Book 2.
Sue
Sep 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Taelstone is a magical/fantasy realm and the country, social structure and magical aspect completely enthralled me. Kep is usually a good slave, obedient and compliant. When the boy she secretly loves is sacrificed she rebels and is sentenced to work in the fields instead of as a house slave. Her friend Ash has promised the dead boy he will carry out the task of getting the Taelstone to the person or place where it will help to free the slaves.
This book is entrancing and each scene brings unexp
Colin Whitehorn
Oct 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fantasy lovers be prepared to gobble up every single page of this masterful tale. Beautifully crafted and fast paced. I can’t wait to get my hands on Prokop’s second book of the series.
Stefanie
Sep 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A great new series that draws you into a new world with different creatures, magic and mystery. Following a new hero and their story, I just wish the next books were out already to see what happens!
Teena Jelsma
Ally Foat
Aug 08, 2020
Krista
Nov 08, 2019

• Sh*t Happens, Magic Follows (Allow It!): A Life Of Challenges, Change And Miracles
  • Atlantis Riptide (Lost Daughters of Atlantis #1)
  • The Gods Who Harvested Men (The Panagea Tales #2)
  • The Cuckoo's Calling (Cormoran Strike, #1)
  • The Black Dahlia (L.A. Quartet, #1)
  • The Gift
  • Five Fathoms Beneath
  • Detour Man (Vinnie Briggs #4)
  • Kindness, Kale & Kettlebells: A Journey to Self-Awareness
  • Iphelia: Awakening the Gift of Feeling
  • Iphelia: Awakening the Gift of Feeling - Children's Edition
  • The Clockwork Ice Dragon
  • A Candle for My Mother: A Daughter's Journey Toward Gratitude Inspired by the Stories of Lorraine E. Newton
  • What You Don't See
  • Faith in Abertillery
  • The Reclusive Writer & Reader of Bandra: Essays
  • Social Media for a New Age
  • Cycles of Norse Mythology
Robyn Prokop writes Fantasy and children's storybooks. Living in beautiful Nelson, New Zealand, her writing day is interspersed with such events as chasing chickens out of gardens, growing vegetables, or planting flowers for bees. In her past life as school principal, and teacher of English, History, Media, Classics and Philosophy, Robyn has lived and taught in Brisbane, Singapore and Melbourne. H ...more

News & Interviews