Start by marking “The Happy Ever After Playlist” as Want to Read:

The Happy Ever After Playlist

From the USA Today bestselling author of The Friend Zone comes an adorable and fresh romantic comedy about one trouble-making dog who brings together two perfect strangers.

Two years after losing her fiancé, Sloan Monroe still can't seem to get her life back on track. But one trouble-making pup with a "take me home" look in his eyes is about to change everything. With her
Expected publication: April 14th 2020 by Forever

Win a Copy of This Book

Release date: Apr 14, 2020
    Enter for a chance to win a copy of THE HAPPY EVER AFTER PLAYLIST by Abby Jimenez!

**NO P.O. BOXES**

From the USA Today bestselling author of The Friend

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 100 copies available, 4357 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Apr 03 - Apr 13, 2020

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about The Happy Ever After Playlist, please sign up.
    Crystal I'm with you!! I finished this book on Thursday, and I normally pick another book up immediately after. It's been five days, and I still haven't…moreI'm with you!! I finished this book on Thursday, and I normally pick another book up immediately after. It's been five days, and I still haven't started my next book! The ending was so terribly heartbreaking, but it also showed how strong of a woman Sloan is. So, I can't wait to read her story!(less)
    Kari | Books For The Living After! It takes place two years after The Friend Zone.…moreAfter! It takes place two years after The Friend Zone. (less)

Start your review of The Happy Ever After Playlist
    Abby Jimenez
    Feb 10, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
    Hello readers!

This book is very close to my heart. The Happy Ever After Playlist was actually the first book I ever wrote and the book that got me my literary agent. While we were shopping it to publishers, I had the idea to go back in time and write The Friend Zone so we could live through the events that made Sloan who she is in her story. Since The Friend Zone came first on the timeline, we led with that as my debut novel.

Obviously because Sloan's book was already written, certain *ahem*
    Larry H
    Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: arc
    It's been nearly two years since Sloan's fiancé was killed and she has spent the whole time grieving, a shell of her vivacious, creative former self. She hasn't cooked, she hasn't painted creatively, and she barely sees anyone, including her best friends, Kristen and Josh. But she can't fathom moving on with her life since the moment it changed so drastically.

One day, on her way to visit Brandon's grave, she sees a golden blur rush out into the street. She slams on her brakes, hoping against
    book bruin
    Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Abby Jimenez has done it again! She continues to amaze me by writing the most wonderfully relatable characters and stories that are not only heartfelt and emotional, but also laugh out loud hilarious. After reading The Friend Zone (which is one of my top reads ever!) I could not wait to get back to this world. The Happy Ever After Playlist can definitely be read as a standalone, but it would probably be best enjoyed after reading The Friend Zone, since characters from that book appear and that ...more
    Nilufer Ozmekik
    Mar 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Im so happy right now because I have to admit, I have so many second thoughts before requesting this book to review!

I can hear you ask me: Why the hell you requested and stole other romance lovers chances, you Okay, dont fill the blanks and I hope you didnt get angry to me. But I have a good reason: This is the second book of Abby Jimenez and I had so much trouble to like the first one. I didnt any problem about the witty, sarcastic writing but also angtsy, heart-wrenching story progression. I
    Jayme
    Mar 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    I know!

Abby Jimenez really made some of you angry with the direction that Sloanes life took, when we met her as Kristens best friend, in book #1 The Friend Zone. (Another 5 ⭐book for me)

And even though, she promised to make things right in this book...you just could NOT imagine how she could!!

Well, let me tell you...she found the PERFECT way...and his name is Tucker. 🐶
    Oh, and Tuckers dog daddy, Jason isnt bad either.
    Even if he is a soon to be famous rock star!

Will he be the one or just the
    Corina
    Feb 01, 2020 rated it really liked it

Im happy to say that I LOVED The Happy Ever After Playlist!!!

The book was almost entirely divided into two entirely different tropes, a rom-com and a rockstar romance.

I LOVED THE ROM-COM PART

The first half of the book was AMAZING. It had the most wonderful rom-com feel, and Im not even a fan of that particular genre, but let me tell you, the author did a FABULOUS job. Great flirty and funny banter, witty and smart dialogues the book had it all. I was smiling throughout the entire first
    Nursebookie
    Abby Jimenez is one of my favorite authors hands down! When I finished reading this book, I had to decide whether I loved The Friend Zone better than HEAP, and I think that Abby just keeps getting better and better. Both these books are my top reads for 2019 and now for 2020.
    It has been two years since Brandon, Sloans fiancée dies of a tragic motorcycle accident from a drunk driver, and Sloan is still grieving the loss. Sloan has had no desire to do much of anything anymore and have lost her
    Tijuana *Book Twins Reviews*
    One word UNPUTDOWNABLE!

I read this book cover to cover over the course of 24 hours and loved every single minute of the experience. Going back to real life and adulting will be a shock to my system. Lolol The Happy Ever After Playlist was exactly what I needed at the moment. Abby Jimenez shines in this charming and witty romance!

Dont get me wrong, it wasnt all hearts a flowers. It was real and raw. A visceral experience that had me questioning what if? Real life problems, all the emotions, the
    Heather~ Nature.books.and.coffee
    I really loved "The Friend Zone" so I was excited to get an early e-copy to read! In this one you have Sloan trying to move on after the loss of  her fiance! Finding love again after a loss like that is tough! Sloan meets Jason, an up and coming musician, when she comes across his "lost" dog in a pretty odd situation! They have such a chemistry and connection, but then you also see the challenges they face with the new found fame of Jason!! You will be rooting for them!! Abby writes so well, she ...more
    Sheyla ✎
    Jun 30, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
    Can't wait!
    Hollis
    If you read THE FRIEND ZONE, you know that Jimenez's writing is compulsively readable and nigh unputdownable. So why I decided to pick it up at nine PM on a work night and stay up almost until midnight to finish and then write this review.. well, it wasn't a decision, I just lived it. I don't regret it now but we'll speak later as to how I feel in the morning.

I can't quite decide if this was on par with THE FRIEND ZONE or if the former was a little better, but this was still a really fun read,
    ☽ TheBibliotheque
    I just need a minute okAyY?
    description

*ARC provided by publisher in exchange for an honest review
    Amy (TheSouthernGirlReads)
    Alright. Im ready to talk about The Happy Ever After Playlist.

Took me long enough.yes, thanks for noticing. This novel really hit me all in the feels and I had to let it simmer before giving my complete thoughts.

I wanted to love this novel as much as I loved The Friend Zone. I wanted a marathon reading session. I wanted to reconnect with the characters that I fell in love with last year. Welp, that happened.except for the added bonus. I loved HEA even better!

I.Loved.This.Book The characters,
    Lyndse Kay
    Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    *WARNING! THIS BOOK WILL CAUSE A LOSS OF RATIONALE AND ALL CONCEPTS OF TIME!*

Well folks, Abby Jimenez has done it again. With her first [published] book, The Friend Zone, it took me a few chapters to find my reading flow. With The HEAP, it took me about two paragraphs before I was sucked back in, and it felt like I had been happily reunited with my dear friend Sloan (who Ive been desperately concerned for ever since finishing TFZ this past summer).

Having lost a loved one myself, I have always
    Kari | Books For The Living
    I laughed. I cried. I loved.

Yall are just getting a quick mini-review of this one since there are still 6 months before it comes out, but long story short, I loved it. I tried my best to make it last, but I read it in less than 2 days. As yall know, I am not a fast reader, so that says a lot I think.

I was a huge fan of Brandon in THE FRIEND ZONE, so I wasnt sure how Sloans new guy in THE HAPPY EVER AFTER PLAYLIST would live up to expectations. Jason is *very* flirty right off the bat, which to
    Angelica
    Apr 02, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    I loved this so much!!!!! Read this book y'all. It was all kinds of cute!

RTC.

Follow Me Here Too: My Blog || Twitter || Bloglovin' || Instagram || Tumblr || Pinterest
    Kim
    Yall I cant even right now. Its pretty rare for me to read a book this far in advance of release (April 2020!) but I literally couldnt wait. I needed Sloans story more than I can even explain after what went down in The Friend Zone. The Happy Ever After Playlist was the sequel I needed. I laughed. I cried. I swooned. I cried some more. Perfection. 💕 Oh, my feels.

RTC closer to release, after Ive reread it at least once.

Andi (Andi's ABCs)
    Because I have no chill I read this April release in October and let me tell you...worth it. Get this on your TBR. Full review to come closer to release date. All the love!
    Simone
    Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    OK, so I didn't want to write anything too revealing just yet because the release date is so far away. So I'll leave you with my overall impressions. I'll update this when we get closer to the publishing date.

I devoured this book in two days, but also easily could have done it in one because this story kept me reading. The characters are well-managed and I think most people will really love Jason and his charismatic and empathetic personality. I imagined him as Shawn Mendez or Ed Sheeran. The
    Amy Imogene Reads
    Thank you to Libro.fm and Hachette for my copy of this title in exchange for an honest review.
    Bookphenomena (Micky)
    Such a great second to this series and I am a solid fan of Abby Jiminez's writing. This story went from sad to light to angst central.

Review to come for the blog.
    Really Into This
    Sarah contributed this review to Really Into This

Check out all of our reviews at https://reallyintothis.com
    Happy Reading, friends!

Thank you Read Forever for my gifted review copy.

I've been waiting to read THE HAPPY EVER AFTER PLAYLIST since I finished THE FRIEND ZONE. Actually, that's a lie.

I wanted to read HEA PLAYLIST as I was reading TFZ because this is the moment where I learned Abby wrote this book first! Once I knew more about Sloan, I had to read her story!

Estelle from Read Forever sent
    Jamie beauty_andthebook_
    Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: arcs
    This review has taken me way too long to write - and that's the problem with doing justice to a book that you absolutely loved! The Happy Ever After Playlist is the follow up to 2019's debut hit, The Friend Zone and is chock full of antics, charm, wit, dogs and of course, one of the most captivating romances of the year between a grieving Sloan and a superstar musician, Jason.

Fans of Jiminez know that she has a unique ability to make you laugh and cry (often simultaneously) and The HEAP is no
    Kaytee Cobb
    Oh my god, I freaking loved this.
    Dayle (the literary llama)
    Oct 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Okay, if you're like me and you've read The Friend Zone, you made it to the end and thought, "there damn well better be a Sloan book coming next!" There may have also been some tears and further emphatic demands made toward the universe but that basically sums it up. Well cheers to all because The Happy Ever After Playlist does not disappoint! And while you can absolutely read this one without reading Abby Jimenez's first book, I still highly recommend reading The Friend Zone first. It will make ...more
    Amy
    Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: physical-arcs
    RTC but it was amazing and if you loved TFZ go ahead and preorder it ASAP! SO GOOD
    Susan's Reviews
    Mar 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
    My thanks to the author, publisher and NetGalley for a free ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Sloan has lost the love of her life, Brandon. Her friends Tucker and Kristen do everything in their power to bring her out of her deep mourning, back into the world, with no success.

It is only when she takes pity on a stray dog and seeks out it s owner that Sloan slowly reconnects with the world and starts to put aside her prolonged grief. The emails and texts between Sloan and Jason
    b.andherbooks
    I'm having a difficult time giving this story a star rating because something about Jimenez's writing grabs me by the throat, tosses me into a tornado, and doesn't let me go until I've reached the end surrounded by the destruction of my feelings. So, if that's what you are looking for, hold on for the ride Dorothy.

I gobbled up The Happy Ever After Playlist, happy to see Sloan recovering from her grief over the events in The Friend Zone (a book which filled me with similar feelings), and being
    Kori Sulewski (korireads)
    I absolutely LOVED this. I read Abby Jimenez's debut, The Friend Zone, earlier this year and really enjoyed it. The banter was right up my alley! When I found out there was going to be a companion following Sloan's story, I knew I'd need to read it!

I think I loved this even more than the first. It's an incredible combination of heartfelt and emotional while also making me laugh out loud. The dialogue is witty and the entire story is really well paced throughout. It's a roller coaster of
    Richelle Robinson
    *NetGalley Review*

After reading and LOVING The Friend Zone earlier this year, I couldnt wait to get my hands on this book. My heart broke for Sloan in the last book and while I read this book I wanted to reach in and give her a big hug.

It was hard to come to terms with something that didnt make sense, like a tragic untimely death or a breakup that came out of nowhere. How could anyone be at peace when they dont know what they did to deserve it or what they could have done to make things

• The Honey-Don't List
    • Only When It's Us (Bergman Brothers, #1)
    • Undercover Bromance (Bromance Book Club, #2)
    • Girl Gone Viral (Modern Love, #2)
    • Mermaid Inn
    • You Deserve Each Other
    • Take a Hint, Dani Brown (The Brown Sisters, #2)
    • Not That Kind of Guy
    • The New Guy
    • The Boyfriend Project
    • Real Men Knit
    • Beach Read
    • Faking Under the Mistletoe
    • They're Strictly Friends (Tough Love Spinoff, #1)
    • The Worst Best Man
    • Something to Talk About
    • Photos of You
    • The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club, #1)
    Abby Jimenez is a Food Network winner and USA Today best selling author with her hit debut novel The Friend Zone. She founded Nadia Cakes out of her home kitchen back in 2007. The bakery has since gone on to win numerous Food Network competitions and has amassed an international cult following. Abby's wry literary wit was spotlighted as the admin behind the hilarious viral comments on the now ...more

Articles featuring this book