Start by marking “Dark Tomorrow (Lisa Tanchik, #2)” as Want to Read:
Dark Tomorrow (Lisa Tanchik, #2)

Dark Tomorrow

(Lisa Tanchik #2)

FBI special agent and cybercrime specialist Lisa Tanchik faces a deadly threat in this white-knuckle thriller.

FBI special agent Lisa Tanchik is skilled at handling cyber threats, having recently taken down a Dark Web black market worth billions. But ruthless hacker NatalyaX always seems to be a step ahead.

The government calls on Tanchiks expertise when an email attachment
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 295 pages
Expected publication: May 12th 2020 by Thomas & Mercer

To ask other readers questions about Dark Tomorrow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Tomorrow

Start your review of Dark Tomorrow (Lisa Tanchik, #2)
Julie Griffith Buckley
Reese Hirsch takes America into a cyberwar in his latest Lisa Tanchik thriller, Dark Tomorrow, forthcoming May 12, 2020. An FBI special agent, Tanchik is drawn into an NSA/CyberCom investigation of a Pearl Harbor-like attack apparently launched by Russia. She has been tracing a Russian hacker, Natalya X, for the FBI, and it seems that Natalya X may be involved in the attack. At CyberCom, Tanchik is teamed with a Ukrainian computer expert whose own country was attacked by the Russians. Together, ...more
Roxanne Spencer
I enjoyed the first book in the Lisa Tanchik series, but came away from this latest offering let down. Perhaps my memory of Agent Tanchik was wrong, but she seemed more of a hands-on field agent in this latest outing than I remembered the computer hacker geek of the first book being, and it felt wrong. I also found the descriptions of her depression less realistic this time. Not a bad escapist read, but not at the same level of the first book.

I read a digital arc via NetGalley.
Paul
Mar 05, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is different from the previous novel and that is partly why it didn't seem as good, plus it just wasn't as good. I liked the tech and the story overall. It also has good pacing and action. Hopefully the next one will be better.

I really appreciate the review copy!!
Steph
Mar 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the Lisa Tanchik series. Having not read the first one I can say that you dont need to in order to follow and be engage by the story.

This was a really good book. A really good book! It was interesting from the beginning and had action all throughout.

The main character was very interesting and complex. Something I was not expecting when I picked this book but I was happy with. The secondary characters were just as interesting and well developed.

This is a book that gives
Donna Hines
Feb 25, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, netgalley
FBI agent Lisa is called in to investigate cyber threats involving the Dark Web courtesy of NatalyaX our hacker extraordinaire.
An email suddenly breaks and it results in the entire East Coast going dark.
It's this sudden action that causes panic resulting in a new plan of action being addressed.
With everything on the line Lisa must nullify another cyber attack and set the axis spinning again.
It's an ok read but wasn't really suited for someone like myself as I do enjoy spyware but this didn't
Jeannine
Feb 17, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, technology
It saddens me to write this review I believe I have read everything Reece Hirsch has written and really enjoyed each book. I had just finished Black Nowhere (Lisa Tanchick #1) on vacation and saw mention of a #2 and went looking on Netgalley where it was available for review. I loved Black Nowhere and found it a great story and good/accurate use of technology for a cybercrime novel. Where this is a #2 I was expecting more of the same but that is not what I got. There is mention of a cyberwar and ...more
Avid Reader
Feb 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Dark Tomorrow (Lisa Tanchik #2) by Reece Hirsch
4 stars
M/F Crime Mystery
I was given this book for an honest review by Wicked Reads.

I have not read book 1 in this series, but never felt that I was missing anything.

This is a fast paced, intriguing novel. While it about cyber crimes, the computer lingo doesn't overtake the book while still having an authentic feeling.

Lisa is on the hunt for a Russian hacker who is an amazing chameleon. The hacker is supposedly a sleeper agent and we are taken on a
David Hale

• The Mail Order Bride
  • A Desperate Place: A McKenna and Riggs Novel
  • The Key Lime Crime: A Key West Food Critic Mystery
  • Peanuts Vol. 7
  • A Good Girl's Guide to Murder (A Good Girl's Guide to Murder, #1)
  • Beneath the Depths (Detective Byron, #2)
  • Preaching Christ from the Old Testament: A Contemporary Hermeneutical Method
  • Twelve Ordinary Men
  • The Master's Plan for the Church
  • On Writing Well: The Classic Guide to Writing Nonfiction
  • Ice Station Zebra
  • Photos of You
  • Vera Kelly Is Not A Mystery
Reece Hirsch is the author of six thrillers that draw upon his background as a privacy attorney. His first book, The Insider, was a finalist for the International Thriller Writers Award for Best First Novel. His next three books, The Adversary, Intrusion, and Surveillance, all feature former Department of Justice cybercrimes prosecutor Chris Bruen. Hirsch is a partner in the San Francisco office ...more

Lisa Tanchik (2 books)
  • Black Nowhere (Lisa Tanchik #1)