Start by marking “Death's Widow” as Want to Read:
Death's Widow

Death's Widow

I was bound eternally to my soulmate - the one person who truly completed me. He was taken from me and assumed dead, his massive duties inherited by his only beneficiary. I was bonded to Callon as his forever companion - and soon became his widow.

Something is wrong; I can feel it as I conduct my duties to the souls. The war between Heaven and Hell is escalating and, try as
Published April 10th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Death's Widow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Death's Widow

Start your review of Death's Widow
Stacy
Aug 22, 2020 added it
Shelves: dnf
I have no idea what I just read, but it can’t be the 4/5 star book others were reading.

Started off strong, I even got teary eyed for a bit, then Amara died and everything turned ridiculous. Insta love, insta familiarity, insta silly thoughts and interactions. I started skimming in the hopes that it would get better, but it didn’t and I couldn’t force myself to read anymore.
Carol Rupprecht
Apr 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was the BEST book by Lori Aisling yet, and I've got to say, I'm so glad that this is a standalone because I don't think my heart could take a cliffhanger with this story! Callon and Amara's relationship is #relationshipgoals. I adored their immediate and complete honesty, trust, acceptance, and love for one another. Those feelings alone drove both characters to do the best that they could for their mate. Amara. What can I say about her? She's simply amazing. So strong, determined, selfless, ...more
Hayley
Mar 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
I had such a great time with this read and couldn't put it down. I love the main character and her evolution. Had me holding my breath, crying (in a good way), gasping and cheering. This was the first of Lori books I've read and won't be the last. Would love to see a couple of the other characters get their own HEA, Lucifer just to name one 😉. ...more
Victoria Wight
Apr 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If powerful stories of love, loss and determination filled with an abundance of hope are your thing, I highly recommend Death’s Widow. It’s rare I find a story that both compels me to fall in love with its characters and hauls me on an emotional yet satisfying roller-coaster of unexpected twists all at once — this one did.
Amara’s strong mind and selfless outlook make her an instantly lovable protagonist and a perfect match for the dreamy Callon, a soulmate bond that Lori has written beautifully,
Daria Loshlin
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lori Aisling is a new author to me, and I wasn't sure what to expect going into this. So many PNR are vampires or shifters anymore or are flimsy plots lines used to prop sex.

THIS IS NOT THAT!

I was excited to see a real storyline, of a true struggle of the fmc that actually made sense, and kept you guessing on what was going on. Of course you can't help but root for Amara and Callon, they are perfect for each other and written perfectly for each other.

Her FMC grows from the scared unsure girl
Stephanie Crowley
Apr 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Donna Till
Apr 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Amara dies and becomes the soulmate to Death himself, otherwise known as Callon. They are everything each other would want in a relationship and are devoted to each other. But then Callon disappears without a trace and Amara inherits his duties as Death. But things are changing and evil is coming but Amara is determined to discover the truth and get revenge.
This is the first book I have read by Lori Aisling and it is definitely worth a read. The relationship between Callon and Amara is intense f
Lady
Apr 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent, engaging, keeps you on your seat! This book is full of twists and turns. Lori portrays her character's so full of life you can't help but totally feel the emotions right along with them as they experience passion, love, joy, agony, loss etc. Death's Widow follows the journey of Amara as she transitions into the soulmate of Callon, her walk of finding herself, when he is taken from her and raising heaven and hell to get to the bottom of chaos and war that she finds herself in. She won' ...more
Allison
Dec 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
At what should have been the end of her life, Amara meets the man of her dreams: Death himself. Death is powerful, not terrifying; enigmatic, yet arduous and devoted, and gives Amara the afterlife beyond anything she'd ever desired. Yet forces conspire against them both, and what should have been an eternal love is cut short, plunging Amara into a quest to uncover a coup set on bringing down heaven, hell--and death itself. A paranormal romance like no other. Highly recommend. ...more
K. L. Laettner
Apr 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. What a fascinating and creative story. Romantic, suspenseful, and just a dreamy world that isn’t all it seems at times. I swooned, I cried, I felt hopeful, and then content. Twists and turns abound, and Death and his world were amazing, who knew? A must-read if you like a beautiful tale, I won’t be a spoiler because that’s no fun. Buy it, read it, and you can thank me later. Kudos to Lori, and will definitely look for more by this author.
Robin Dorf
Apr 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely phenomenal!!!! This book has all of the feels!!! I haven't laughed and cried over a book this much in years!!!! Definitely one of my favs of 2020!!!!!

Lori Aisling pulled out all of the stops in this unconventional view of Heaven and Hell and the Counterbalance that Death plays between the 2 realms. Told through the eyes of an epic love story, you will never want this book to end!!!!!

Grab your copy today and dive into the brilliance of Lori's mind!!!!!
Wicked
Apr 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Captivating, emotional and beautiful love story.
This book was everything I thought it would be, and more. Amara and Callon with pull at your heart strings and you'll love every minute of it.
The writing and thought that was put in this book is amazing, as is Lori and all of her writing.
An absolute must read.
Erin
Apr 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Really great book. Amara is a wonderfully written character, she's a great strong female lead and being the widow of death has her dealing with both Heaven and Hell. The story line just pulls you in, especially with needing to know the truth about Callon. I can't wait for my next read by this author. ...more
Nigama R.V.
Wow!! What a book!!

The roller coaster of emotions - the pain, the love, the sacrifice and the death will keep you emotionally drowned. The insta- love connection between Amara and Callon is the height of attachment and depth of relationship..

Phenomenal storyline with equally strong characters by Lori Aisling.. Highly Recommended!!
Jacqueline Chappell
May 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
You get sucked into this world right away. The world building is excellent and the characters are deep and engaging. So many feels evoked by the superb writing. This is well worth the time to savor and enjoy.
Jenna
Mar 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Anna Paige
Apr 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
LOVE! I was sucked in this book immediately and loved every moment. Death's Widow is beautifully written and has ALL the feels. Worth every page turn! Absolutely a must read! ...more
Rachel Joi Maples
May 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
absolutely fantastic book with a twist on how you'll see Heaven and Hell ... fabulous work!! ...more
Andrea
Oh my wow!

This novel was such a treat! The author keeps you on the edge of your seat and the ending, just perfect! I would totally and completely read this again and again.
Brandi
Natteld
Mar 24, 2021
Brandon
May 01, 2021

• Violet (Spell Library, #1)
  • SumMon Her (Descended From a Witch, #4)
  • Huntress Rescued (Huntress's Pack, #1)
  • Unexpected Turn
  • Eyes of Stone (Barresi #1)
  • Beloved
  • Wraith Captive (Paranormal Prison)
  • Falling Stars (The Last Sanctuary #2)
  • Nancy Drew Mystery Collection (Boxed Set of 10 books)
  • Black Widows Academy - Semester Three (Black Widows Academy, #3)
  • Away with the Faeries (Get Your Rocks Off, #1)
  • Last Temptation
  • Crown of Moonlight (Court of Midnight and Deception #2)
  • How It's Supposed to Be (Oath of Bane #1)
  • Brimstone Bound (Firebrand, #1)
  • Midnight Kisses (Shifter Island, #1)
  • Crown of Shadows (Court of Midnight and Deception #1)
  • Threshold of Annihilation (The Firebird Chronicles, #3)