Start by marking “Hadley Beckett's Next Dish” as Want to Read:
Hadley Beckett's Next Dish

Hadley Beckett's Next Dish

Celebrity chef Maxwell Cavanaugh is known for many things: his multiple Michelin stars, his top-rated Culinary Channel show To the Max, and most of all his horrible temper. Hadley Beckett, host of the Culinary Channel's other top-rated show, At Home with Hadley, is beloved for her Southern charm and for making her viewers feel like family.

When Max experiences a very public
Published May 5th 2020 by Fleming H. Revell Company (first published May 2020)

To ask other readers questions about Hadley Beckett's Next Dish, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hadley Beckett's Next Dish

Start your review of Hadley Beckett's Next Dish
Sarah Monzon
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bethany Turner is one of my favorite authors--and for good reason! She can make me literally laugh out loud. Take that as a word of caution. Do not read this book or any of Bethany Turner's books in public or you WILL get people giving you strange looks when you chortle for no apparent reason (except there's an awesome reason and that is that Bethany Turner is HILARIOUS). If you watch Food Network, or even if you don't, you'll be giggling up a storm as Hadley and Max go head-to-head and eventual ...more
Bethany Turner
Oct 08, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-stuff
It's got a good beat, and you can dance to it. ...more
Dash fan
4☆ An Uplifting, Fun and Scrumptious Romance.

Hadley Beckett ’s Next Dish is a Scrumptious Romance that will have your tummy rumbling, laughing and championing the main character the whole way through.

Hadley Beckett never thought that being on a reality competitive cooking show would change her life, in more ways than one.
Especially when she was up against Fame Hungry, Arrogant and Ruthless Maxwell Cavanaugh.

After the show finished she vowed she was done with Maxwell, never to see or work with hi
Nenia ✨️ I yeet my books back and forth ✨️ Campbell
I don't even care that this is christian fiction.

Fun fact about me: I'm OBSESSED with baking/cooking shows.

My current faves are Great British Bakeoff and Nailed It! (American and Mexico versions-- fave Mexican ep is the one with luchador, Psycho Clown)
Rach
Apr 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Our two main narrators are Hadley who does a show called At Home with Hadley, she is known for her southern charm and being really nice. Max has multiple Michelin stars, a top-rated Culinary Channel show called To the Max but is a known for his temper.

We began the story with Hadley and Max who are competing on a cooking show. They are the final two left on the show. They announce the winner which is Hadley, which neither Hadley or Max were expecting this. Max proceeds to have a massive temper t
Caitlyn Santi
Apr 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars! (More like a bazillion!)
*Picks jaw up off the floor* Wow, I'm speechless in the best way! Fair warning: there will be gushing galore in this review! I loved Hadley Beckett's Next Dish so much that no words I can string together could possibly come close to doing this amazing book justice, but I will try my best!
I loved Hadley! She is my favorite kind of heroine, smart, sassy, spunky, but also kind, caring, generous, and delightfully real! I'm claiming her as my new fictional BFF! Withou
Nicole
Apr 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Originally posted on Inkwell Inspirations

Hadley Beckett’s Next Dish by Bethany Turner is the perfect book for foodies and fans of romantic comedies. In this novel, Bethany Turner takes readers on a fun and entertaining journey of romance and redemption. With the two famous chefs competing against each other on a reality show, the banter between Chef Hadley Beckett and Chef Max Cavanagh makes the whole novel a truly satisfying experience for readers.

Along with the developing romantic relationshi
Melissa (LifeFullyBooked)
Apr 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Bethany Turner is really making a name for herself within the romantic comedy genre. Her humor is spot on and her characters always have great interplay. This book is no exception--the chemistry between Hadley and Max is delightful and their back-and-forth banter never failed to bring a smile to my face. Even the deeper issues of the story are handled with grace, and made me care about the characters even more. Plus...it features cooking shows! If you're a devotee of the Food Network and other s ...more
Nicole
Apr 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love Bethany Turner and her novels. The Secret Life of Sarah Hollenbeck was my favorite RomCom read in 2017; I was blown away by Turner’s real-to-life characters, witty and hilarious dialogue, and timely themes. Then came Wooing Cadie McCaffrey and I fell in love with Cadie and Will, and could wholeheartedly relate to their unique (but not unrealistic) communication fails. Reading WooCaM was like taking a good look into a mirror for me! And now there is Hadley Beckett’s Next Dish, which I beli ...more
Tracey
Apr 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Chef Max Cavanagh, host of the top-rated culinary show, To the Max, is a temperamental, egotistical narcissist. Too much? Well if the toque hat fits. Authors who begin a story with a self-absorbed bad boy like Max have a lot of personality slicing and dicing to do if you want me to even like a guy like him, much less love him. Honestly, throughout the first half of the book I wanted to take on a Ted Allen voice and say, "Chef Cavanagh, you've been Chopped."

I like how Hadley put it, "..while lay
Kailey
Apr 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is definitely my favorite Bethany Turner book! I love the chemistry between Hadley and Max! Be warned that this book will make you hungry! I love the humor in this, but also the message of forgiveness. This is a very enjoyable book!

I received a complimentary copy from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.
Sheena ☆ Oh, the Sheenanigans!

“Hadley Beckett's Next Dish” was an unexpected and well received Christian romance novel that took me by surprise with the character development, heavily culinary focus plot that is typically pushed aside to focus on the romance aspect in other culinary romances and the thoroughly researched behind the scenes food industry details the author included that made the reader feel like they were right there alongside Hadley and Max on Renowned.

This was far more impressive than I ini
Permanently_Booked
May 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaways-arcs
We all know when a Southern woman says "bless your heart" that it isn't always an endearment.

I have fallen head over heels for Hadley Beckett and her adorable southern charm. In Next Dish, Hadley’s composure and prayer is put to the test when she goes head to head with renowned Chef, Maxwell Cavanagh. As the competition in the kitchen heats up so does the chemistry between these two and lets just say that I've learned a few new things besides telling someone to kiss my grits.

Hadley is hilariou
Susie Finkbeiner
I needed something light and fun. This book did the trick! Absolutely my favorite of Turner's books so far. The humor is a bit more subtle in this one, which I like! ...more
Bookread2day
Sep 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My review on my website www.bookread2day.wordpress.com
Twitter @bookpage5
I love watching cooking contest shows. My favourite cooking show is Sugar Rush where contestants bake cakes.

Hadley Beckett’s Next Dish, dialogue is spot on it comes across so well from the way a film crew would really speak, and with pointing out which camera to look at. It very cleverly written in how the chapters actually makes you feel this is a real live cooking show 🍴 that you are part off watching.

In Hadley Beckett’s N
Cheryl
May 12, 2020 rated it liked it
This is not the first book I have read by this author. I have read another one or two more books from this author and enjoyed them. Therefore, I was excited to read this latest book. I know that there is humor to be expected from reading books by this author.

Yes, this book did have some funny moments that had me laughing. Yet, it was not enough to keep my full interest or love for this book. Hadley is sweet but I would have thought after being crowned the winner that she would have been a bit m
Lauren James
[Gifted]
A fun, lighthearted romance between two celebrity chefs who have been set up by PR to be 'rivals'. A great read but in some places I was confused by the logic of the discussions, and I was left wanting to see more of their world and public reactions to what was happening. But it sucked me in and I read the whole thing in one sitting!
Paula Shreckhise
I am fond of Bethany Turner and her off-beat humor especially in her new release Hadley Beckett’s Next Dish. The cover is artfully done and captures the story very well. First blue is my favorite color. The two spotlights hint at the two celebrities, Hadley and Max. The heart apostrophe tells us there is a romance in store. The crossed rolling pin and knife says there is conflict within the pages and the whisk could mean stirring the pot or blending a smoothie.
Readers are in for a treat worthy
Alysha (For The Love of Christian Fiction)
Definitely my favorite by Bethany so far!
4/5 stars! Full review to come.
Madison
Apr 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hadley Beckett’s Next Dish is everything I needed from this book. It’s light and funny, but doesn’t shy away from some deeper topics. It’s relaxing to read and just so much fun. It’s sexy but clean, redemptive but not preachy, has lots of yummy food to imagine eating, and have I mentioned how fun it is to read?

Hadley Beckett is an up and coming chef. She has Michelin stars, restaurants, magazines and even her own cooking show, At Home With Hadley. Her latest accomplishment is making it through t
Jessica Baker (A Baker's Perspective)
Um, I love Bethany Turner's books. That is all.

Just kidding.

I really do love her books. They make my laugh, giggle, and snort - which is great when I'm reading on my lunch break because people wonder what the heck is wrong with me. And sometimes my family will look at me that way too. But Turner's ability to include comedy into her stories so effortlessly is the reason I keep coming back to them. They bring me joy. They pick me up on a bad day. And they are just so fun to read!

Something else Tu
Rebecca
May 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
"With her 'y'all come back' and her 'kiss my grits' . . . her?"

Chef Max Cavanagh was a force to be reckoned with under normal circumstances, but under the influence of alcohol on a nationally televised cooking competition (which he mis-understandably thought that he should have won), Max takes out his anger on the wildly popular Hadley Beckett, whose mortification by his behavior only serves to tank his career and elevate hers.

Fast forward. It's time for an apology. Will the sweet, gen
Joy
Apr 23, 2020 rated it liked it
I think the foodies out there will enjoy this book as it follows two chefs as the main characters. I'm not one to sit and watch the food network, but admit that the premise still drew me in. As is the case with each of Bethany Turner's books, I laughed out loud with some of the one-liners and references to pop culture. I would classify this book as a clean-read rather than Christian fiction. ...more
Courtney Clark
May 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The conflict in Hadley Beckett’s Next Dish is fantastic. From the initial riveting prologue and story setup, I was anxious to see how Hadley would go from despising Max to liking him – let alone actually finding a friendship and romance with him. But trust Bethany Turner to take all these “seemingly” unrelated ingredients and deliver a “dish” that’s as fun as it is memorable. Filled with all the pop culture (and foodie!) references I’ve come to love in Bethany’s voice, this story is an enemies-t ...more
Toni Shiloh
May 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book had me reading into the late hours and into the next day. Although Max did not start off a likable person (Prologue was craziness!) I could tell soon he would be a redeemable hero. My heart melted towards him because I really love a redeemable hero. His growth captivated and pulled me into the story. Now to mention the nods to cooking shows!

If you’re a fan of Food Network, then this book is definitely for you. You'll see bits and pieces from your favorite shows and grin with all the Po
Jocelyn Green
What a fun read. I laughed out loud, which was exactly what I needed to do. This is my favorite book from Bethany Turner so far. If you enjoy clean rom coms, she's your girl. ...more
Phyllis
May 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Funny and romantic

My rating is 4.5 stars

Food, flirtation, and fun.

After a disastrous meeting on a food competition, in which Max proved himself to be a complete jerk, Hadley would have been happy never to see him again. And yet, life seldom turns out the way we plan, does it?

So, Max. Seriously, he was a real piece of work! Obnoxious, chauvinistic, rude, foul-mouthed. Oh, and drunk on public television. None of the chefs on the show escaped his attitude. And yet, after time in rehab where he trul
Staci
Apr 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2020
Bethany Turner's latest romantic comedy novel has just the right balance of comedy and depth.

Hadley Beckett and Maxwell Cavanagh are both popular chefs. They are also vastly different. Hadley has southern charm and lives in Nashville. Maxwell is crass, self-centered and travels more than lives at his home in New York. The two chefs compete on a reality show and it's a bit like watching a train wreck as drunken Maxwell unravels.

I loved seeing Maxwell's character change which came across as plausi
Chris Jager
Mar 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Just a delight to read. Laugh out loud funny, but it does tackle a few tougher issues. A fun Rom Com with an edge. It did make me want to go binge watch a few baking shows.
Kriste
Sep 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
cooking, humor, growth, romance - what's not to love? ...more

• Until I Met You (Restoring Heritage, #2)
  • The Key to Love
  • Love and a Little White Lie (State of Grace, #1)
  • Before I Called You Mine
  • Start With Me
  • Stay with Me (A Misty River Romance, #1)
  • A Girl’s Guide to the Outback
  • Molly (Sewing in SoCal, #1)
  • The Joy of Falling
  • The Best We've Been (Thatcher Sisters #3)
  • Some Bright Someday (Maple Valley #2)
  • The Cul-de-Sac War
  • Unknown Threat (Defend and Protect, #1)
  • The Kissing Tree: Four Novellas Rooted in Timeless Love
  • This Wandering Heart (Madison River Romance #1)
  • Set the Stars Alight
  • Stories That Bind Us
  • A Gilded Lady (Hope and Glory, #2)
Bethany Turner has been writing since the second grade, when she won her first writing award for explaining why, if she could have lunch with any person throughout history, she would choose John Stamos. She stands by this decision. Bethany now writes pop culture–infused rom-coms for a new generation of readers who crave fiction that tackles the thorny issues of life with humor and insight. She liv ...more

News & Interviews