Start by marking “Justified (The Saga of the Nano Templar Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Justified (The Saga of the Nano Templar Book 1)

Justified

(The Saga of the Nano Templar #1)

The new military sci-fi epic from award winning author Jon Del Arroz! The Templars battle for more than just defending a galactic empire and protecting countless worlds - they fight for eternal souls.

Drin is among the best soldiers the Templars have in their force. But after years of fighting, he can no longer justify the costs of war. He abandons his post, an act that pu
Published September 6th 2019 by Silver Empire

To ask other readers questions about Justified, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Justified

Start your review of Justified (The Saga of the Nano Templar Book 1)
C.S. Wachter
Aug 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi
Drin is a warrior. More than a warrior, a nanite enhanced Templar of God. He has spent his whole life training for and participating in a holy war. He had done his duty and done it well, without question. But he can do so no longer. God has set a calling on him and Drin turns his back on everything he knows to follow that calling.

Anais has been raised in luxury where the most important decision facing her is where to go clubbing with her friends. Until … the night enemy soldiers kidnap her from
Cathy
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book from the author. I had the opportunity to review or not.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It was filled with adventure, danger, excitement and moral decisions that could bring about major changes to entire peoples. We traveled along with Drin, a great Templar Warrior, who, sick of war and the blood and the wasted lives, steals a spaceship and flees to what he hopes will be a better place. A place of peace.

But Drin’s God had a different plan for him. Drin lands o
Peter Bradley
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: science-fiction
Please give my Amazon review a helpful vote - https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-re...

Justified (The Saga of the Nano Templar Book 1) by Jon Del Arroz

The accounts of the Christian conquest of Jerusalem usually feature Crusaders approaching the sites sacred to the Prince of Peace by wading through the rivers of blood that reportedly ran in the streets. We moderns have not doubt that the Crusaders must have felt disgusted with their own hypocrisy and repented of their violence as if they could hav
Bruce Parrello
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Faith-based Science for our times

This book consistently went in directions I was not expecting, and that is enough to make it highly recommended. I am sure everyone is going to talk about the Christian/Muslim allegory, so I won't dwell on that, except to say that I appreciate the portrayal of imams who are not hypocrites. The tale is told from two perspectives-- a knight and a princess. The knight is very much about wanting to do what God wants, and is therefore harder to identify with than the
Curby Graham
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One of the most enjoyable sci-fi series I have read in a long time. Jon Del Arroz already blew me away with his Baron Von Monacle series and now he comes up with this.

Imagine the Crusades on a galactic scale with a bit of Star Wars flair and CS Lewis' Space Trilogy theology thrown in, except the Templar Knights in this series are far more interesting than the Jedi.

Book 1 is out and the following two will be released in October and November respectively.

Absolutely a must read.
Jeff Miller
Aug 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I just never know where Jon is going to take me in a story, which makes for a nice trip. Pretty solid storytelling here.
Ted
Sep 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Picture, if you will, a crusading knight. Struck by a sudden war-weariness, he abandons the fight against the infidel and wanders into the desert, finding himself in an enemy-controlled city. There he wrestles with his newfound pacifistic desire while at the same time freeing and converting enough of the enslaved populace to kick off a full-blown revolt.

A mid-20th-century Technicolor epic? A serial novel from some long-lost historical pulp magazine? In fact, this is the general plot of Justified
Ramona Harris
Sep 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Drin was a Templar the elite of the Elorians' Army. He dropped on the planet Nemayr where they destroyed what was left of the Sekarans. The destruction on the planet broke Drin's heart with so many people dead in the major cities in ruins he simply couldn't stand it any longer. He ran into a Sekaran battlemage who was forming balls of energy throwing them at Drin disrupting his nanites. The battlemage was killed and Drin was saved by Jellal. In the capital city of Pyus on the planet of Deklyn ki ...more
Adena Lee
Sep 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
This novel makes clear the individual's difficulty in determining what his purpose is and how to accomplish it. Just what does a call from God feel or sound like? How do we know if we hear Him correctly? Drin's soul-searching and prayer rings true to any person of faith trying to live his life the way we are called to. He muddles his way along a path that is not approved by his leaders and manages to use the warrior skills he has been given to lead new disciples to his God, including one who is ...more
Russell Fletcher
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a great story. It was fun and exciting to read with the occasional sad moments. It is a good clean read. The characters are well developed and reflect the diversity of the life in the universe. The underlying angst of the hero is one that all of us must face at some point in our lives. The troubles of the other characters parallel many of the troubles found in our own world. The universe building was well conceived and executed. The story is compelling and is one of those "as old as time" a ...more
Molly
Sep 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Drin is with a futuristic order of Knights Templar. Spaceships and healing nanites instead of horses and healing salves.

Drin walks away from his post when he finds some battles senseless. He feels he is far too good at killing.

Drin finds himself in a situation where he must fight and turn others to his faith, cause and belief system in order to help enslaved folks from infidels who badly mistreated enslaved masses.

If he survives, one day Drin will likely have to face judgment by his own God a
Frank Geimer
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
At first I didn't know what to expect from this novel. Then I rapidly got into it and really enjoyed the mesh of good science fiction with a religious setting. This novel is like reading about the crusades in the far future and naturally the conflict that differing religions entail. I believe that this novel, the first in the series, will lead to another great installment.

Janet
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good story. At first it seemed to be a man having a crises of faith. It turned out to be a lot more than just that. There is a lot of danger but then again there is always danger when there is a revolt.
Drin taught the people of the planet a lot. Not only to fight but also about his faith. I like it after Drin got on the planet more. I received a complimentary review copy of the book and I am voluntarily leaving a honest review.
Michelle
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was unexpectedly more enjoyable than anticipated, as this isn’t my normal type of book to read. The story drew me in fairly quickly, and it makes for a great science fiction, whether or not you are into stories regarding God and those working to help him. I’ll definitely be continuing on with the series.
Wolf Mc
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
While the mythos and backstory of this novel was derivative I really enjoyed the rest of the story. The two main characters where relatable and I became invested in the plot. It was a nice quick read, because it was unput-downable. This is all that matters as it was an enjoyable and entertaining story.

Jackie
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful scifi story to keep you intrigued. This is the first book in I hope many more to come.
Daniel Millard
Apr 03, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
Jon Del Arroz's Saga of the Nano Templar is marketed as "Science Fiction", but "action fiction in space" is nearer the mark, by my estimation. There's relatively little world- or character-building in comparison to much science fiction, nothing "hard" or "technical" about the setting, and the use of nanites and how they're explained brings across more of an urban fantasy/superhero novel feel to the whole business. In a few ways, the closest thing I've read to this is Brandon Sanderson's Reckoner ...more
Christopher
This book, while well-written, was hard for me to read, and harder to give an objective opinion of.

The story is a re-imagining, of sorts, of the crusades, but set at a time which must be thousands of years in the future, after Earth has apparently been all but forgotten. Apparently, Christians and Muslims are still killing each other as they were in centuries past, though they no longer call each other by those terms in this story.

When I first started reading, I was incredibly turned-off by the
Clay Carley
Jul 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great read

Interesting view of a Christian like faith. A good action packed SiFi story. I plan on reading the next in the series.
Pat Eroh
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love the future created by this author! It is similar to the present. Life is not going to become a utopia with no problems. In any world that is worth living in, life will struggle. That is part of how we grow and learn. But this story is more than that. It is excellently written with a wonderful story and of course, wonderful characters like Drin. Fast-paced and action-packed, I would love to see this as a movie.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a
Derek Thornton
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Read this book because Deus Vult (God Wills It)

This book jumpstarts you straight into the action. You will get involved in the lives of the protagonists. The action and pace will keep you moving and you will go in directions you probably won’t expect. I recommend this book to anyone that loves action but especially to Christians who want a new kind of SciFi that has them in mind. Excellent read and I am ready for the next two in the series.
Sykas
Sep 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: from-authors
Rather interesting sci-fi book about fight good versus evil. Plenty of interesting races of aliens. Many fun powers. even a bit of romance finds the way in this book. Main protagonist Drin is amazing as he not only is super powerful but has strong values which lead him to this new adventure.

Tom
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Deus vult in space is how the author describes this first in a trilogy about a soldier who leaves his outfit after tiring of war, only to find himself on a new planet requiring his skills to free slaves from bondage to their heretical overlords. A dab of Catholicism thrown in for good measure. Enjoyable read.
James Riley
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book

I really liked this book. It definitely had strong religious undertones (but then again, what would you expect from a series called Nano Templar.). It also has done Dune vibes, in short, it's good
Sharon
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderfully written, action-packed story. It’s a Christian sci-fi story and is brilliant. The author has done a great job with his world building as well as introducing his characters.

Ronnie D Charleston
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
New take on a old theme

I really loved this book. Good characters and story. Really enjoyed the Templars in the future and in space . A really good modernization of a theme usually set around the time of the Holy War.
Teri Ruscak
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Justified
Jon Del Arroz
I do not read a lot of this genre, but...
WOW! New author for me, and boy, did he deliver! Loved it!

J.
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gripping pulp space fantasy! Standout characters in a unique and colourful (literally) galaxy. An action-packed story of good vs evil and good vs good's own doubts. Highly recommended. ...more
S.K.Watson
rated it it was ok
Oct 25, 2020
DS
Oct 20, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

• Gideon Ira: Knight of the Blood Cross (Deus Vult Wastelanders Book 1)
  • Into the Stars (Rise of the Republic Book 1)
  • Simple Grifts: A Comedy of Social Justice
  • Shapechanger's Birth (Shapechanger Tales)
  • Bones of the Past (Villains' Code, #2)
  • Shapechanger's Progress (Shapechanger Tales)
  • Fallen Skye (Damned and Cursed Book 10)
  • Mutual Benefits
  • The Super Olympian: Bloodhound (Shapechanger Tales)
  • The Super Olympian: Mystic Warrior (Shapechanger Tales)
  • The Eons-Lost Orphan (The Space Orphan Book 1)
  • Sea Monster's Revenge (Shapechanger Tales)
  • Sidekicks (Superpower Chronicles #1)
  • Elizabeth Bennet: Shapechanger
  • Phoenix's Flight (Shapechanger Tales)
  • He Who Fights with Monsters: A LitRPG Adventure
  • Escaping Conflict (Island Refuge EMP #1)
  • Voyages of the Orphan (The Space Orphan Book 3)
Jon Del Arroz began his writing career in high school, providing book reviews and the occasional article for the local news magazine, The Valley Citizen. From there, he went on to write a weekly web comic, Flying Sparks, which has been hailed by Comic Book Resources as “the kind of stuff that made me fall in love with early Marvel comics.” He
has several published short stories, most recently provi

The Saga of the Nano Templar (3 books)
  • Sanctified (The Saga of the Nano Templar Book 2)
  • Glorified (The Saga of the Nano Templar Book 3)