Start by marking “The Light at Wyndcliff (Cornwall, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Light at Wyndcliff (Cornwall, #3)

The Light at Wyndcliff

(Cornwall #3)

In the third book of this sweet Regency Cornwall series, one young man must search for truth among the debris of multiple shipwrecks on his newly inherited property.

When Liam Twethewey inherits the ancient Wyndcliff Hall in Pevlyn, Cornwall, he sets a goal of fulfilling his late great-uncle’s dream of opening a china clay pit on the estate’s moorland. When he arrives, howe
Published October 13th 2020 by Thomas Nelson (first published October 2020)

To ask other readers questions about The Light at Wyndcliff, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Light at Wyndcliff

Start your review of The Light at Wyndcliff (Cornwall, #3)
Mimi Matthews
Jun 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Light at Wyndcliff is a richly atmospheric Regency novel, reminiscent of the works of Victoria Holt and Daphne du Maurier. The storm-swept Cornish coast is a character unto itself, forming the perfect backdrop for an expertly woven tale of secrets, danger, and heartfelt romance. A riveting and deeply emotional read. This book is perfect reading for the cold autumn days ahead, snuggled up on the couch with a cup of tea.
Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
This third book in the Cornwall series is my favorite, with its Gothic tones from a stormy coastal setting and dangerous mystery, but balanced with lightness from the friendship that develops between Liam and Evelyn. He struggles with getting to the bottom of the nefarious activities happening on his new property, and she is dealing with difficult circumstances with her decline in society and abandonment by her mother. I loved how the characters are good, genuine people, and the conflict comes f ...more
Randi Annie Framnes
When new owner of Wyndcliff Hall William, Liam, Twethewey arrives to take ownership, he finds sinister activity on the property. He unexpectantly bond with steward’s granddaughter Evelyn Bray while working to prevent danger to lives and stopping criminal activity.

The Light at Wyndcliff is the third installment in The Cornwall Novels series by Sarah E. Ladd, published by Thomas Nelson. The story is set in Cornwall 1820 and we get to follow new owner of Wyndcliff Hall William, Liam, Twethewey as h
Melissa Tagg
Oct 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I've read quite a few of Sarah Ladd's books, but I'm pretty sure this one is my new fave! I loved the characters and the whole thread about shipwrecks. With the number of Regency books I read, sometimes it's hard to find a truly unique angle, but The Light at Wyndcliff felt fresh and new...and of course, romantic. It was the setting, though, which most kept me glued to the page. The rocky coast, Cornwall, the moors, a secluded cove...I loved it all! ...more
Sarah Sundin
Nov 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
In The Light at Wyndcliff, Sarah E. Ladd brings us again to beautiful Cornwall with the Twethewey family. Rich in atmosphere and romance and intrigue, the writing draws you in deeply for a satisfying read. Liam and Evelyn are both strong and compassionate, characters deserving of each other. I thoroughly enjoyed this novel!
Tamara
Sep 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
The third book in the Cornwall series, The Light at Wyndcliff sees Liam Twethwey inheriting the ancient Wyndcliff Hall in Pevlyn, Cornwall. He plans on opening a china clay pit on the estate's moorland, but a shipwreck on his property – along with mysterious survivors - puts his plans on hold.

Evelyn Bray is the granddaughter of the Rupert Bray, he is the stewards of the Hall, and it is a position her grandfather took after his fall from grace. She is holding onto hope that her mother will call f
Megan
Oct 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"The Light at Wyndcliff" by Sarah E. Ladd is the perfect fall read! I could not believe how much I enjoyed it and how quickly I read it. It is the third book in Ms. Ladd’s “Cornwall” series but can easily be read as a standalone. After reading this book, I am eager to pick up the other two!

Be transported to the haunting, windswept moors and breathtaking views of Cornwall’s coast. Picture an out of the way manor house with many mysteries in a sleepy little village that does not easily give up its
linda hole
Oct 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. And I did not know it was a part of a series. So you could read this book As a stand alone. The book has it all, a mystery , romance, and friendships. I would highly recommend this book
Cara Putman
Dec 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sarah Ladd is one of my favorite Regency authors. She has a talent for creating characters and scenarios that are fresh and unique for her genre. The Light at Wyndcliff could be my new favorite of hers. Evelyn has been living in her village with an eye toward the day when her mother will finally return to take her to Bath. Liam has finally reached the age that he inherited the property she's lived on. It doesn't take long for him to realize there is more going on than he anticipated, as ships ru ...more
Sally Britton
Sep 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: regency, romance
When people ask me who my favorite Regency authors are, Sarah E. Ladd is always at the top of the list. She writes characters with emotional depth in a way that always, always moves me. Her descriptions of the world in which they live are breath-taking and so real that I feel I am walking along the cliffs next to the hero and heroine.

It was an honor (and a super exciting moment) to receive an advance review copy of The Light at Wyndcliffe, Sarah's newest addition to her Cornwall novels. This nov
Lucinda
Jul 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Such a great story!

I really liked seeing Liam all grown up and facing his own problems. He's finally of age and inherits Wyndcliff Hall in Cornwall, something he's been preparing and anticipating for a long time. But things don't turn out as easy as he thought they'd be.

Evelyn is the granddaughter of the steward. She's not employed by the estate, but she spends a lot of time there while waiting for her mother to send for her.

I really liked the Cornwall setting, the mining, the shipwrecks, and e
Susan Snodgrass
Sep 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
'How long would she have to endure this battle warring within her?'

Sarah E. Ladd purely knows her way around a good Regency. This time she takes us back to the coasts of Cornwall where the new owner of Wyndcliff encounters much suspicious activity. Be prepared to be carried along as Ladd sweeps us across the dark beaches and wild seas as we try to discover the truth in this perfectly wonderful Regency.

*I received a complimentary copy of this book from Thomas Nelson Publishers through Net Galley.
Susan
Sep 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
I have thoroughly enjoyed Ms. Ladd's Cornwall series. The Light at Wyndcliff will sweep readers away to the wind-swept cliffs of the Cornish coast. The setting plays a significant role, providing an atmospheric backdrop for the shipwrecks and smuggling that haunt the coast of Wyndcliff Hall. Ladd pens a sweet romance that slowly blossoms amidst the mystery and secrets that have had a grip on Wyndcliff Hall. Can the new lord of the manor uncover the truth and provide a legacy for the tenants and ...more
Staci
Oct 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2020
Lovely Regency novel!

There's a dark cloud over Wyndcliff and new heir Liam does a stellar job and demonstrates his integrity at every turn. Evelyn's circumstances are a result of her grandfather's poor choices and the lack of love from her mother. Liam and Evelyn's romance is sweetly slow to blossom and they make a good team.

In particular, I enjoyed the way that Ladd highlights different familial relationships in this novel.
The Lit Bitch
Oct 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have only read one or two books by Sarah Ladd and I have enjoyed them but this isn’t an author that I would go in search of at a bookstore—until now.

This cover is what initially drew me in but the description of the book is what made me agree to reviewing it. Before this book, Sarah Ladd would have been an author that I would have picked up if I saw the book on an end cap or something or other, but after reading this one, I would gladly go in search of her novels the next time I go to a bookst
Hallie Szott
Oct 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5

It’s always a delight to travel to the Regency era in the latest Sarah E. Ladd novel!

Liam Twetheway inherits Wyndcliff Hall, believing he now has an opportunity for dream-fulfilling work. However, his future may be just as uncertain as granddaughter of his steward Evelyn Bray’s. Mysterious shipwrecks, survivors, and debris call into question the integrity of the community surrounding Wyndcliff Hall, and Liam and Evelyn must navigate through the lies and deceit to understand the truth.

The Ligh
Rachel
Jul 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Light at Wyndcliff by Sarah E. Ladd is the third book in The Cornwall Novels.

This is the first book that I have had the privilege to read from this author, and I was thoroughly impressed. I have to admit that I did not read the previous two books in this series before reading this one, however this was, to me, a stand alone novel. I loved this book so much that I purchased the first two as ebooks yesterday. ( Book One: The Governess of Penwythe Hall and Book Two: The Thief of Lanwyn Manor)
Amy
Sep 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh the beauty of the windswept rocky coastline and cove beaches of Cornwall, how is it possible to not imagine yourself wandering the cove, scouring for sea glass and shells, with the gentle tide lapping on the shore. The contrast, on other days, of the angry sea crashing against the rocks with a biting wind to match. This is the way of life for those living along the Cornish coastline and it’s every bit as beautiful as described. A place of so many legends, it’s the perfect location to set this ...more
Dana Michael
Jul 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Light at Wyndclff is a delightful book set in the moors at Cornwall England. There is mystery, shipwrecks, kidnappings, and of course romance. I enjoyed it very much and I recommend to any historical romance lovers.
*I was given a copy by Thomas Nelson Publishing and this is my honest opinion.

Merged review:

Linda McCutcheon
Oct 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
"He's naught but a boy with a shiny new toy...He's nothing to worry about".

This is the opinion of our hero in The Light At Wyndcliff. They could not be more wrong about 22 year old Liam Twethewey. He is a young man of virtue who has inherited Wyndcliff Hall and has plans for the estate until mysterious shipwrecks and castaways arrive on his estate shores.

This novel is written almost as a love letter to Cornwall, England. Taking place in 1820 the author's writing had me smelling the sea air drift
Trisha
Oct 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Come away to the sea-swept coast and the wild moor’s of England in this enchanting story of mystery and secrets. Steeped in history and shrouded in secrets this exciting story is sure to pull you in and keep you turning pages late into the night. Who needs TV and movies when you have this delightful book to keep you entertained?! Your imagination is sure to run wild as you cozy in with this truly engaging story.

I found myself talking to the characters in the story while I read, as if they could
Katelynne
Oct 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this mystery with a heavy dose of sweet romance. The characters are lovely and complex, even the villains. My thanks to the author, publisher, and HFVBT for giving me a copy in exchange for my honest review.
Jypsy
Oct 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thank you HFVBT and Thomas Nelson for a complimentary copy. I voluntarily reviewed this book. All opinions expressed are my own.

The Light At Wyndcliff
By: Sarah E. Ladd

REVIEW ☆☆☆☆

When I see the words Cornwall, moors
and/or gothic, my mind immediately flashes to Catherine, Heathcliff, windswept and tragic love. And, no, The Light At Wyndcliff is not like Wuthering Heights.

Sarah E. Ladd's The Light At Wyndcliff is a Regency romance with a bit of gothic mystery. Gothic, in this case, is largely r
Christine
Dec 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I’ve read in this series, but not my first Sarah Ladd book. The Light at Wyndcliff can easily be read as a standalone–I didn’t feel even slightly confused. However, after reading this one, I plan on going back and reading the others the preceded it.

I absolutely adore regency romances. And Sarah Ladd gave me exactly what I crave in this book! I can have such a difficult time with Christian books, as well–but this one was so rich in detail and more realistic than many others
Chanel
The Light at Wyndcliff is a captivating Regency romance that's full of mystery, gorgeous scenery and thought-provoking themes.

This book easily kept me engaged as I flipped through the pages, equally intrigued by the secrets shrouding Wyndcliff estate and wondering how, when unraveled, those revelations would impact the main characters.

I also loved the 1820s England setting - the detail and striking imagery of coastal Cornwall was completely immersive and beautiful.

The romance between Evelyn a
Lu
Oct 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shipwrecks, smugglers, deception, and true love

The Light at Wyndcliff by Sarah E. Ladd is the lovely story of a young man who waited years to come of age and get control of his estate in Cornwall, and his relationship with the granddaughter of the steward who opposed him at every turn.

Liam Twethewey inherited an estate in Cornwall but had to wait for years until he came of age and was able to gain control of his property. He spent a good part of these years planning and dreaming about what he wo
Karen R
Sep 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Adventure, mystery and romance made this third book of the Cornwall series a fast paced read! William (or Liam) Twetheway has come into his inheritance at last--Wyndcliff Hall--and has his hands full the moment he arrives on the Cornish coast in 1820. He finds an ally in the steward's daughter who helps him unravel a local mystery.

"We remember things the way we want to remember them. Just like we judge the present in the manner we wish to see it."

I thoroughly enjoyed this latest installment, an
Yvette
Oct 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
In her third Cornwall novel, Sarah E. Ladd sets a moody atmosphere as she tells a story of expectation and anticipation.

When Liam Trethewey journeys to take hold of the inheritance he has waited ten years to claim, he meets Evelyn Bray on the moors of the Wyndcliff Estate. Granddaughter to the estate's steward, Evelyn has begun to doubt her newly remarried mother's intention to send for her.

As Liam works towards making the estate profitable again, the harsher realities of being a landholder on
Becky
Oct 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2020
The Light at Wyndcliff is a beautifully written novel! Readers are easily swept into 1820's Cornwall through Sarah Ladd's writing.

Though the novel started out a little slow for me, I was soon tearing through the pages as Evelyn and Liam tried to uncover the truth behind the shipwreck along Liam's shores. I also appreciated how Evelyn had to grapple with family loyalty vs. standing up for the truth and the lessons she learned about belonging.

The romance was a little understated for my taste, bu
Mara
Dec 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Evelyn Bray lives with her grandfather (Rupert) at Pevlyn. After losing his money, her grandfather took the position of steward at Wyndcliff Hall. Her mother left two years ago to find a better life for herself and Evelyn. She has remarried, but has not yet sent for Evelyn to live with her.

Liam Twethewey is now 22 years old and has inherited Wyndcliff Hall in Pevlyn. The hall hasn't been lived in since the previous owner died many years before, and Liam's arrival is a surprise to the few servan

• A Castaway in Cornwall
  • The Vanishing at Loxby Manor
  • Courting Misfortune (The Joplin Chronicles, #1)
  • The Thief of Blackfriars Lane
  • To Steal a Heart (The Bleeker Street Inquiry Agency, #1)
  • Tidewater Bride
  • An Ivy Hill Christmas (Tales from Ivy Hill)
  • Vying for the Viscount (Hearts on the Heath #1)
  • The Prince of Spies (Hope and Glory, #3)
  • Dreams of Savannah
  • Beauty Among Ruins
  • Otherwise Engaged
  • A Cowboy for Keeps (Colorado Cowboys, #1)
  • The Indebted Earl (Serendipity & Secrets, #3)
  • Georgana's Secret
  • A Portrait of Loyalty (The Codebreakers, #3)
  • A Haven for Her Heart (Redemption's Light, #1)
  • Joy to the World: A Regency Christmas Collection
I would love to connect with you on Facebook and talk about all things Regency! Be sure to like my page for updates: http://www.facebook.com/SarahLaddAuthor ...more

Cornwall (3 books)
  • The Governess of Penwythe Hall (Cornwall, #1)
  • The Thief of Lanwyn Manor (Cornwall, #2)