Start by marking “The Case of the Bad Twin (Piper Investigations Book 1)” as Want to Read:
The Case of the Bad Twin (Piper Investigations Book 1)

The Case of the Bad Twin (Piper Investigations Book 1)

Through a series of ridiculous events, thirteen-year-old Penny-Ann Piper has come to live on Piper Island with her quirky Aunt Grace. Although Penny’s new to the eccentric and salty Florida town, she’s proud of her connection to it. After all, her grandparents founded the oddball place where everyone makes it their business to know your business. They’re nosy that way.

So w
Kindle Edition
Published June 1st 2020

To ask other readers questions about The Case of the Bad Twin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Case of the Bad Twin

Start your review of The Case of the Bad Twin (Piper Investigations Book 1)
KPKnupp
Mar 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Penny-Ann is the curious kid inside all of us. Her adventure seeking nature is contagious making you never want to put this story down. With fun side characters and tons of possible suspects, it will keep you wondering and guessing until the end! This is another must read from an amazing author!!
Chelsea
May 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thank you Shannon Greenland for sending me an eARC of The Case of the Bad Twin in exchange for review. All opinions are my own, as usual.
Penny-Ann Piper wants to create a time capsule to commemorate the 50 years her family's island town has existed. When someone steals it, Penny-Ann works together with some new friends to find out who the culprit is.
This was a light-hearted middle grade mystery novel! Penny-Ann is a fun and cheerful kid who we see develop a lot in the book. She is grappling wit
Julie
May 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Full disclosure: I was given an advanced copy of this book by the author in exchange for an honest review.

What a delightful book that is a perfect summer read! The tag line is this is "If Veronica Mars was 13-years-old, this would be her!" The tag line is true! I really felt like I was reading an episode of Veronica Mars, except a prequel, to show audiences what she was like when she was just learning to P.I.

Penny-Ann Piper (love the name!), came to live with her Aunt Grace on Piper Island three
Merri
Sep 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent fun and exciting mystery. Nice and suspenseful.
Katarina
Aug 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I’m a big fan of the Specialists series, so was excited to receive an ARC for review purposes through NetGalley.
I just finished reading this book, and think this is another winner. I really enjoyed reading the book, even though it’s targeted towards readers who would consider me granny-aged. Wow, I’m that old, and still love to read Kids books.
I think so,e readers might feel like the book drags a bit at one point, but I feel like the author did that on purpose, to make the pace of the story matc
Rebecca
Jul 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh, the BAD twin! Who stole the time capsule?? Who knew straight laced Penny Ann would get into so many snags? This book was well under my radar! My daughter and I previously read Scouts and I discovered this book series through Shannon Greenland’s website! Penny Ann and her friend, Josie, are always having little arguments. Josie seems a little jealous when Penny Ann puts together a time capsule for Piper Island (named after Penny Ann’s family). Penny Ann’s time capsule is stolen and Josie clai ...more
Sascha
Jun 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: booksprout
For the past three years, Penny-Ann Piper has lived on Piper Island with her Aunt Grace after her mother’s incarceration. She’s done everything she could to fit in and make things better. Her latest achievement is creating a time capsule to commemorate her family’s founding of the island. Everything’s good to go until someone steals the time capsule. Penny-Ann is determined that her hard work will not be in vain, so she creates Piper Investigations and decides to find the cuprits herself.

In Penn
Tana
Jun 15, 2020 added it
I enjoy Greenland's fun romps through the "spy" world. This was a nice version aimed at younger readers. I would recommend this series for the 12-tweenager set. The heroine is a fun and likeable character. Her band of friends are mostly likeable. The author falls back on the trope of having her protagonist persistently swoon when a boy she's working with, and early on dislikes, makes flirty comments designed to throw her off balance. Yes, we are used to such male actions but it is increasingly g ...more
Kate Smith
Jun 30, 2020 rated it liked it
This book was enjoyable but definitely for a different audience. I felt like the way it was written, the actual story line and the main characters in the book it was probably aimed at teenagers.
When I read the blurb it seemed like a book I would normally read and it was a mystery but as I mentioned it was for a younger audience. So I would recommend the book to the audience it was aimed at. It was an easy reading book.
I still got into the book as I kept guessing who the perpetrator was and ther
Hannah
Jun 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Penny-Ann Piper is who I wanted to be when I was thirteen years old. Except nothing ever happened in my small town. But for Penny, when someone steals the time capsule that she has been working on, she recruits the new girl in town whose dad just happens to be a private investigator and they set on a mission to figure out just who committed this crime! I loved everything about this book. The characters were fun and just like always Shannon Greenland did it again and wrote another fantastic book!
Teri
May 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
I was sent this book for free in exchange for a review

The time capsule Penny-ann created gets stolen and she's going to find it no matter what, sometimes her methods are questionable but by the end she understands some of the things she did to recover the capsule may not have been the best things.

In the beginning I didn't know if I was going to enjoy this book because she is pretty reckless for a 13 year old but by the end it was an enjoyable story about a girl who realizes she isn't the sum of
Shannon
Jun 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a great story about Penny-Ann and her working to solve a mystery. She tries so very hard to have a good reputation, and prove herself to those that may doubt her.
As we tag along on her adventure, we can place ourselves easily in her world. And there is nothing like an island to lose yourself in!
Thank you Shannon, for yet another wonderful read!

Rebecca Reddell
Apr 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is another incredible read by Shannon Greenland, and I can't wait to read her next two books in the Piper Investigation series!! Creative, fun, and such a pleasure to read!! I'm in love with Shannon Greenland's writing, and no matter the age, I'm positive you'll find her work worth every word. :)

Find more in my blog review: https://rebeccaswriteinspirations.blo...

Sherri Geisler Locke
Jun 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
While Shannon Greenland writes books aimed at young teens and children these can be enjoyed by almost anyone. This new series is off to a fine start. Penny Ann gets herself involved in the mystery of the time capsule for the town has been stolen and she is bent on finding out who stole it. Along the way we see Penny grow and learn and start becoming.

Jeanne Richardson
Jun 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the 5th book I've read written by Shannon Greenland; she has done a great job at writing a good book; I can’t wait to read more of her books.

I loved the characters.

Billie
Jun 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a wonderful read.
Wonderful well fleshed out characters that are believable and enjoy following them on their adventures.
The plot and story line were extremely well written and flowed easily.
Fast paced and full of great banter.
Really enjoyed reading it.
Look forward to reading more from this author.

I received an ARC from booksprout and this is my honest voluntary review.
Reese
Jun 05, 2020 added it
I thought this was a really cute middle grade mystery. I like how Penny-Ann's past isn't one of the ordinary and I enjoyed the characters different personalities. There were times when I didn't want to put the book down because I just had to know what happened next. I recommend.

EJ Sloboda
I particularly liked that from the very beginning they hooked you in with the problem of a stolen time capsule.

Lara Wong
Jun 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
An excellent mystery geared for tweens and teens. Full of lighthearted humor and intrigue. Not too scary, yet suspenseful and fun to read. My son devoured this book and can’t wait for more in the series.

Lee Simpson
Jul 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am glad I signed up to receive an advanced copy of this story to read and review. I really enjoyed this story. It is a fun mystery. Penny-Ann is a fun and curious kid that leads us on an adventure around Piper Island to find the missing time capsule she has worked so hard on putting together.
Laura Prindable
Jul 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thank you Net Galley for a copy of this book. This was a fun read. Piper is too cute for words and she teams up with 2 other characters to solve a theft. Very enjoyable and cutesy read.
Deborah
Jun 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Penny-Ann, through various events, had to move to her grandparents home. She becomes involved in a mystery. She is not sure if she can trust her new friend, and are the Twins who think with their muscles involved? Or is the missing time capsule just a prank? Read this delightful mystery that may reveal more than Penny is willing to be revealed about herself. I enjoyed reading this book and I look forward to reading more by this author.
I receive this book in exchange for my honest review.
Luchi Vazquez
joelle andersen
Jun 21, 2020
Zakia
Jun 30, 2020

• Harry Potter and the Cursed Child: Parts One and Two (Harry Potter, #8)
  • Speak
  • The Cuckoo's Calling (Cormoran Strike, #1)
  • New Kid (New Kid, #1)
  • Loud Mouth (Ice Knights, #3)
  • The Cabin at the End of the World
  • The Summer Deal (Wildstone, #5)
  • The Memory Police
  • How to Get Away with Myrtle (Myrtle Hardcastle Mystery 2)
  • Entered in the Alien Bride Lottery (Khanavai Warrior Bride Games, #1)
  • The Girl from Widow Hills
  • The Lost and Found Bookshop
  • Scarlet Oaks and the Banished Witness (Scarlet Oaks Series #3)
  • Grinza's Orchard: An Enchanted Tale
  • Stars (Wendy Darling, #1)
  • Honeymoon Alone
  • I Hate Fairyland #1
  • Adelita: A Mexican Cinderella Story
Things you should know about me: I write novels! Some have won awards. Others have been bestsellers. Under Shannon Greenland (my real name) you’ll find spies, adventure, and romantic suspense. Under S. E. Green (my pen) you’ll find dark and gritty fiction about serial killers, cults, secret societies that do bad things, and whatever else my twisted brain deems to dream up. I’m on Instagram, Twitte ...more

News & Interviews