Start by marking “Heired Lines” as Want to Read:
Heired Lines

Heired Lines

Sometimes, you’ve got to take a job with the devil to pay the bills...

Too bad I learned too late the devil wears Armani, is the most uptight man in the history of history, and I just signed an unbreakable contract shackling me to his pompous royal side for the summer.

But God, he’s got this British accent that makes my panties melt.

Until the words he says catch up with my b
Published May 11th 2020 by Entangled: Embrace (first published April 13th 2020)

Start your review of Heired Lines
Antonella
Jan 18, 2021 rated it it was ok
okay read but nothing really special

Cinna Marie
Sep 06, 2020 rated it liked it
Stars: 3.5/5

Thank you to the publishers for a free ARC in exchange for an honest review.

I admit it took me far too long to get to this story - it was the perfect romance read I was looking for. It's so cute and fluffy and I really enjoyed it.

If you like royalty, balls but irl then this is for you - it's very cute. I keep saying it but it's true. There's a lot of pining and dogs. A LOT OF DOGS. And blushing. It's an adorable romance read with a pretty good plot. It's somewhat of a slow burn, thou
Steph's Romance Book Talk
4.5 Stars / 3 Steam Fans

If you are looking for a slow-burn, royalty work place story than this is the book for you! Natalie is this budding curator that is trying to pay for her mother's medical bills when she stumbles across an amazing find at a flea market. After she posted the find online she is contacted by Lord Gavin with a job proposal. With an offer she just could not refuse, she jumps at the chance to work with more amazing artifacts in England. Upon arriving and meeting Lord Gavin you
Magan Vernon
Mar 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
It's my own book. Its not illegal for me to give my own book 5 stars right...RIGHT?

Sign up for release events: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FA...

Request on NetGalley here: https://www.netgalley.com/catalog/boo...

Pre-Order on all of your favorite sites: http://www.maganvernon.com/2020/03/18...
Caesara
Apr 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Let's begin by making a list with what we had in this book:
- rich(lord in this case) & very good looking guy - check
- poor & smart & beautiful girl - check
- huge mansion/castle & 3 (not one) expensive cars
- poor girl but with big money problem. In this case mothers huge hospital bills - check
- the rich guy has a wicked mother that wants her son to marry a woman who has the same status - check
- let's not forget the ball - check
- and the main characters dance at the ball - check also
I think this i
Kavita
May 11, 2020 rated it liked it
Have I ever read a book with many cliches and still felt happy reading it....Yep....I am like that. Sometimes sweet romances do that to me.

This is the first time that I am reading a book by author Magan Vernon and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The cover page is attractive and the blurb did hint at the story being of poor girl rich man love story theme but I wanted to read a romance with nobility in it

I enjoyed the story. The story is a about a working class girl from North Carolina US who is a Grad
K.  Ramjohn
May 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Heired Lines was my first Magan Vernon novel and I enjoyed it. British vs American, royalty vs commoner, this romance between the British Lord of Webley and the American antiques curator he hired, was a sweet, heart warming, slow burn romance that will at times have you laughing aloud.
Natalie and Gavin were engaging, likable characters. I loved how Gavin was protective over Natalie and I loved her sweet, caring personality. They had great chemistry from the start and you will be rooting for the
Robin Loves Reading
With Natalie's mother's medical bills being impossible to manage, Natalie takes a job curating artifacts in England. She was fortunate to find this job, and, not only will she be able to pay the bills, but she will be able to get a jump on her career as an established curator. When she meets Lord Gavin, she is more than drawn to him, despite his buttoned up nature.

However, Natalie has more than enough work to do, as does Lord Gavin, so any attachment either forms with the other will definitely h
Sara Oxton
Mar 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Heired Lines by Magan Veron a five-star read that jewel of a read. Aaaawww Gavin, you really are a little bit of a grump aren’t you but let’s be honest I think we all would be if we had his family. I really, really liked Natalie she had a little of Great Aunt Sarah’s fire and love of treasure. This was such a fun and flirty read, I love this authors writing as she just makes life funny, its great as she pulls all the different aspects to life and manages to get everything in and make it all make ...more
Pam
Mar 30, 2020 marked it as arc-up-next
Copy kindly provided by Entangled Publishing, LLC., via NetGalley,for an honest review.
All Booked Out
May 09, 2020 rated it liked it
⭐️⭐️⭐️

Heired Lines is the first book that I have read by Magan and it was an enjoyable modern Cinderella romance.

Lord Gavin has just inherited his own manor and needs help going through his Aunt’s belongings. Natalie and her family are drowning in debt from her mother’s sickness, so when she is contacted by Gavin to be his curator she jumps at the chance. Natalie with her sassy, confident and love for history captivate Gavin from their first meeting.

Gavin is under immense pressure to marry som
Apr 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Y’all I’m going to make a BOLD statement, but Heired Lines might be my favorite Magan Vernon book!!
I love a good English hottie & Lord Gavin hit every spot (innuendo intended 😉)! Whenever he & Natalie are together their chemistry was just oozing off the pages.
Natalie was such a great character! I loved how she was willing to work so hard to help her family, and I loved how she was such a sweetheart. She didn’t have any of those annoying flaws that romance heroines sometimes have...at least for
Suzy Baba (readaholicmom)
Mar 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Heired Lines is a very sweet fast paced, slow burn romance between an English Lord and an American curator. Their original meeting over the phone while Natalie is trying to sell a vintage vase online opens up opportunities for both characters needs. Natalie needs the money to help with her mothers hospital bills, Gavin needs someone to curate his aunts vintage collections.
Natalie moves to Webley, England for the summer with a job offer she couldn't refuse. At her arrival, she learns she'll be s
Karin
May 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Cute story by a new author to me. Gavin and Natalie’s story was a super super slow burn but the humorous undertones to the book made it enjoyable. Gavin mainly kept his distance cause he knew that her being a commoner there wasn’t any hope and if he ever forgot he was reminded over and over again.
Heather andrews
Mar 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When we first meet Gavin I swear to god the man was such a stuffy person, “for a woman who acted so miffed on an email, I guess I should have expected this response.” Gavin really can read his woman like a book, "he leaned in, placing a kiss on my temple. “You’re cute when you’re pretending to be mad.” I liked this book, I liked Gavin. ...more
Cocktails and Books
Apr 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5 cocktails
Janet
When life for the entire universe and planet turns on its end and like everyone else you "have nothing to do" while your place of work is closed and you are in #COVID19 #socialisolation, superspeed readers like me can read 250+ pages/hour, so yes, I have read the book … and many more today. (I have played a zillion games of scrabble, done a zillion crosswords and I AM BORED!!!)

I requested and received a temporary digital Advance Reader Copy of this book from #NetGalley, the publisher and the aut
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Amazon | Nook | Kobo | Google Play

When Natalie's offered the job of her dreams, of course she takes it. Not only will it give her much needed money to pay down her mother's medical bills, but it will give her the opportunity live in England and work with antiquities - her passion. And she gets to stay in a castle. AND her new boss is a gorgeous Lord. Swoon!

But alas it's not to be all smooth sailing because Gavin's mother cannot have her son with a *gasp* poor American commoner, s
Demetra
May 08, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, e-books, arcs
*ARC kindly provided via NetGalley. This is my honest opinion.*

You know me, I love royal romances, so I couldn’t pass this book without giving it a try! I have to say that it was definitely a winner! The cover was the one that piqued my interest at first, and the story was what kept me reading!!

Natalie is a historian, struggling to pay her mom’s medical bills. History always excited her, so when she receives an email from a stranger offering her a job in England, she can’t decline. This is her c
Amy [Book Addict Reviews]
May 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Magan Vernon is a new to me author and after finishing Heired Lines I’m definitely going to be reading more from her. This one is a slow burn British royalty and American commoner romance.

Natalie is fresh out of school, her mother has mounting medical bills when the job opportunity of a lifetime falls into her inbox. A Lord from England needs a curator and she is the perfect person for the job. Lord Gavin is rich, a lord, good looking and kind of comes across as a jerk in the beginning. Two peo
Brook Obsessed
May 11, 2020 rated it liked it
“Heired Lines“ by Magan Vernon is a cute and quintessential forbidden romance between “Lord Gavin of Wembley“ and the curator, an average American girl, named Natalie. This is a quick and endearing read with a classic ending.

Blurb: Natalie is hard up for money, so when a mysterious man emails her about a job as a curator at his estate, she jumps at the chance to earn some extra income.

Natalie soon finds out that the mysterious man is nobility and the owner of a grand Castle. Even though Gavin an
Linda Quick
Mar 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! This is a fun contemporary romance between and Lord and a commoner from the states. She's hired to curate the antiquities in his castle and he can't stop thinking about her. However, as the Lord of the Manor, he's responsible to marry a noble and maintain the family line.

The nobility have no hesitation in letting her know just how inappropriate Natalie is for Gavin, making her want to slink away in the dead of night. Add in Gavin's mother, who takes nasty and condescending to a
Melena Torretta
May 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020, netgalley-arcs
This book was a really cute read.

From their first email exchange it was easy to see Natalie and Gavin's connection. Natalie has a love for history and antiques so she was perfect to catalog the contents of the estate Gavin inherited.

As they spent time together, Gavin and Natalie grew closer despite the big differences in their lives. I thought Magan Vernon did a nice job creating characters that are relatable and genuine, especially Natalie. Gavin seems a bit stuffy at first glance but he is a g
Messy Bun Book Blog
Apr 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Nicole
Apr 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is so much better than its cover and description! I was pleasantly surprised. I was hooked from the first chapter. Great romantic tension between the two main characters, and I’m a sucker for almost anything that takes place in England. Please change that cover though. It does not do this story justice.

Thank you Entangled Publishing for providing an advance e-arc. I voluntarily read and reviewed this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Michelle
Mar 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Kindly received an ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I enjoyed the story and slow burn. The dogs were a great touch! I had a little difficulty believing that Lady Helena came around so quickly at the end though. Hoping there's a book with Hugh and Madison.
Samantha
We would do anything for family. Or at least that is how Gavin and Natalie feel. When presented with an opportunity of a lifetime that could pay off a debt, Natalie will do why she has to to help her mother.

Gavin is used to being taken advantage of, being ordered around, and people using him. The feisty American he’s hired to help clean out his great aunts manor certainly is not what he’s expecting.

They are from two different worlds but that doesn’t stop the chemistry they share. Can they over
Jessica Pore Over the Pages
2.5/5 stars

I requested this book on Netgalley the minute I read the description. I’m always looking for new NA to read, and expected this to be comparable to Red, White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston (one of my favorite books of all time!) or a more mature version of Netflix’s A Christmas Prince. Unfortunately, this book did not live up to my expectations.

What I was looking forward to most was the romantic and sexual tension between the main characters. Especially since the description promised
Caroline David
Apr 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was pretty much your run-of-the-mill American meets Brit who is actually a Lord but it was a way more in-depth and historical aspect of the manor he lives. It was a pretty fun read except I do not love the UNC aspect (Go Duke).
Dina
Apr 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
A huge thank you to NetGalley for my ARC. This was a really fun read. I am a HUGE sucker for royal romances and this one didn't disappoint. I loved getting perspectives from both Gavin and Natalie the whole book, even though I was yelling at both characters for not picking up on the OBVIOUS. I need more Gavin and Natalie in my life. Please please PLEASE let there be a sequel. ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Spark (Burns Brothers, #3)
  • A First Time for Everything
  • Fake It Till You Make It
  • Unforgettable (Cloverleigh Farms, #5)
  • Bad Romance
  • The Mixtape to My Life
  • The Breakup Artist (Cupids, #4)
  • Collided (Dirty Air, #2)
  • One Hot Chance (Hot Brits, #1)
  • How to Choose a Guy in 10 Days (Chick Flick Club, #1)
  • Asking for Trouble (Credence, Colorado, #3)
  • One Moment Please (Wait With Me, #3)
  • Jane's Team (Bizarro Universe Books, #1)
  • A Work In Progress
  • Ruthless Princess (Mafia Royals, #1)
  • Marrying My Billionaire Boss
  • Sensual Surrender (The Serafina: Sin City, #2)
Magan Vernon has been living off of reader tears since she wrote her first short story in 2004. She now spends her time killing off fictional characters, pretending to plot while she really just watches Netflix, and she tries to do this all while her two young children run amok around her Texas ranch.

You can stalk or...er...find her online at all of these fun and happy places.

Amazon Author Link: h

News & Interviews

“Yes, he was my boss and made it abundantly clear nothing would happen between us. Coupled with the fact that there were times he could be an outright ass, but…
Well, for starters, that ass.”
1 likes
“Am I making you nervous, Natalie?”
I tried to control the wave of heat curving through me, so I put my head down, willing not to stare into those calculating blue eyes of his.
“I’m not answering that,” I muttered.”
1 likes