Start by marking “I Love You, Baby Burrito” as Want to Read:
I Love You, Baby Burrito

I Love You, Baby Burrito

From Pura Belpre honoree Angela Dominguez, I Love You Baby Burrito is a modern classic picture book celebrating the act of swaddling a newborn into a baby burrito.

¡Hola, bebé! Mi hermosa, my beautiful!

It's time to swaddle you--tucking in each piernita, each bracito . . . everything except your sweet carita.

Welcome home, mi baby burrito. We promise to love you forever.

With
Published January 12th 2021 by Roaring Brook Press

To ask other readers questions about I Love You, Baby Burrito, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Love You, Baby Burrito

Start your review of I Love You, Baby Burrito
Abby Johnson
This is a sweet picture book perfect for new parents as a couple welcomes their first baby home and spend their first day together. Spanish words are sprinkled throughout the affirming text. Pair this one with Besos for Baby or Salsa Lullaby for more Latinx celebrations of baby love.
Tasha
Feb 25, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
A Latinx family welcomes a new baby in this picture book where Spanish and English mix in the text. The new parents welcome the baby home. They gaze at the perfect little face, touch fingers and toes. The baby is fed after getting a bit fussy, then burped too. It’s eventually time for a siesta, achieved with a clever burrito fold of the blanket that leaves that cute little face showing. The book ends with bedtime and being kissed goodnight.

Perfect for new older siblings who are still toddlers th
Elena L.
Jan 09, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
[4.5/5 stars]

I LOVE YOU, BABY BURRITO is a modern classic picture book celebrating the act of swaddling a newborn into a "baby burrito".

My daughter and I loved the cute illustrations! In addition, the loving dialogues with a touch of Spanish expressions made our reading so fun and heartwarming. Reading Spanish felt like "home" and left me nostalgic about my language. This picture book would be wonderful for every family, especially for families with Latinx heritage.
(the glossary with Spanish-Eng
Kelsey
Age: Infant
Bilingual text: Mostly English with Spanish words

Finally, someone capitalized on the insanely adorable phrase "baby burrito" and made a truly charming picture book that is perfect for littles. Bold images and close-ups of cute baby parts make this a delight to read-aloud for baby storytimes, both in-person and virtual.

Now let's turn this into a board book!
Molly Cluff (Library!)
Feb 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Angela Dominguez has the cutest easy bilingual books. This one is obviously more about babies, so I'm not sure how it would fly in our storytimes that are geared more for preschoolers, but maybe if we did a "family" theme or something? It's very darling and seamlessly incorporates spanish words into the text. ...more
Pam
Jan 14, 2021 rated it liked it
I received an electronic ARC from MacMillan Children's Publishing Group.
Dominguez captures the overwhelming love parents feel for their baby. The soft colored illustrations support the sense of well being and blessing felt in this home. Uses both English and Spanish words with a glossary at the end.
Alissa Tsaparikos
Feb 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is an adorable Spanish/English picture book that shows a mother and father talking lovingly to their new baby. The Spanish throughout the text is easy to understand in context, though a glossary is also available in the back. This would be good addition to baby storytime or one-on-one lapsits.
Annamarie Carlson (she, her)
Adorable story following a family bringing their new baby home. Includes Spanish words throughout, with a glossary on the back end papers. Encourages some body part identification that would be useful in a storytime setting.
Katie
Feb 12, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pb, pb-teach
A simple Spanish vocab lesson for parents disguised as a picture book. Very cute.
Pinky
Feb 21, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Ron Turner
Jan 17, 2021 rated it really liked it
Cute and with a bilingual twist.
Becky
Jan 20, 2021 rated it liked it
Cute little new baby book with lots of Spanish words appropriately dropped in. Nice glossary in the back.
Jan 28, 2021 rated it liked it